AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-02, 17:46   Link #81
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I think western fans called it the "true ending" because some other well-known VNs such as Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night mostly have Good and True endings for each heroine. Since the Good ends are happier, people assumed that this applied to Higurashi and declared Miotsukushi-hen to be the "true end" because it's sadder.

Anyway, if it was the true ending why has it only been featured in the Matsuri version of Higurashi? The original, manga, anime and novelizations all used Matsuribayashi-hen. The reason Matsuri had a new ending was to give fans that owned the PC version an incentive to buy it.
Just a side note:

I've read in some blogs that the NDS version will feature both endings: Miotsukushi and Matsuribayashi. (in the last NDS game, that is)
__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2009-04-02, 17:48   Link #82
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I think western fans called it the "true ending" because some other well-known VNs such as Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night mostly have Good and True endings for each heroine. Since the Good ends are happier, people assumed that this applied to Higurashi and declared Miotsukushi-hen to be the "true end" because it's sadder.

Anyway, if it was the true ending why has it only been featured in the Matsuri version of Higurashi? The original, manga, anime and novelizations all used Matsuribayashi-hen. The reason Matsuri had a new ending was to give fans that owned the PC version an incentive to buy it.
Eh, we've already had about 3 solid pages on this thread about why/why not people should consider Miotsukushi-hen as a "true" ending. Most people can decided for themselves, but otherwise just accept Matsuribayashi as the default conclusion.

If you REALLY wanted to, you could compare this situation to the conclusion of the Eva series and the Eva movie.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself
Dante of the Inferno is offline  
Old 2009-04-02, 18:21   Link #83
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
If you REALLY wanted to, you could compare this situation to the conclusion of the Eva series and the Eva movie.
Not really. Both were done by Anno and the events in both were the same. The only difference was the point of view.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-04-02, 18:38   Link #84
Renan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: My house
Age: 20
Not true. That's the most accepted theory. I believe that both are two alternate endings. The only difference between the EVA case and the Higurashi case is that EoE is stated to be canon, that is until Rebuild 4.0 comes out.
Renan is offline  
Old 2009-04-02, 18:39   Link #85
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Not really. Both were done by Anno and the events in both were the same. The only difference was the point of view.
I am damn sure the endings were different. The only contrast between our scenario and Eva's is that it has two official endings.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself
Dante of the Inferno is offline  
Old 2009-04-02, 20:30   Link #86
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
I am damn sure the endings were different. The only contrast between our scenario and Eva's is that it has two official endings.
I'm pretty sure that Anno said that the only difference between the two was that you only saw Shinji's complementation in the series, whereas the movie also shows the outside events surrounding it.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 00:55   Link #87
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I'm pretty sure that Anno said that the only difference between the two was that you only saw Shinji's complementation in the series, whereas the movie also shows the outside events surrounding it.
You'll have to remind me of the parallels where he chokes Asuka....twice, where she's basically eaten by the other Evas, or where people are congratulating him.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself
Dante of the Inferno is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 04:25   Link #88
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
You'll have to remind me of the parallels where he chokes Asuka....twice, where she's basically eaten by the other Evas, or where people are congratulating him.
The same events are meant to be happening in both, you just get to see a different fraction in each version.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 04:41   Link #89
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
With Higurashi...all the ends are "true"...from a certain point of view.

Just another roll of the dice, Hanyuu, if you please....
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 05:17   Link #90
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With Higurashi...all the ends are "true"...from a certain point of view.

Just another roll of the dice, Hanyuu, if you please....
Except for the fact that Miostukushi-hen is incompatible with Matsuribayashi-hen and Saikoroshi-hen, so they cannot both be 'true'.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 13:11   Link #91
Renan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: My house
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Except for the fact that Miostukushi-hen is incompatible with Matsuribayashi-hen and Saikoroshi-hen, so they cannot both be 'true'.
But they can both be awesome. To bad Matsuribayashi-hen wasted that opportunity by villain decaying the big bad and not making Keiichi to badass things that he was destined to do.
Renan is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 14:35   Link #92
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With Higurashi...all the ends are "true"...from a certain point of view.

Just another roll of the dice, Hanyuu, if you please....
Like we said many times, you cannot deny the fact that Matsuribayashi-hen is the true ending. However, it's up to you to decide which one is the best.
Orophin is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 14:56   Link #93
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
But they can both be awesome. To bad Matsuribayashi-hen wasted that opportunity by villain decaying the big bad and not making Keiichi to badass things that he was destined to do.
Spoiler for Miotsukushi-hen:
By the way, why are you so much in favor of Miotsukushi-hen? I rather doubt that you have read it.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-04-03, 15:03   Link #94
Renan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: My house
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Spoiler for Miotsukushi-hen:
By the way, why are you so much in favor of Miotsukushi-hen? I rather doubt that you have read it.
I've read a summary and I have a really big Higurashi fan friend who owns the game and told me about Miotsukushi-hen. And that is exactly why I like it so much. Keiichi is full of win and it has a better ending.
Renan is offline  
Old 2009-04-30, 08:54   Link #95
crimmy88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Can anyone here post what happens at the end of this chapter? My HDD failed right before I got the chance to know what happens :| ugh.

From reading the posts here, I understand that
Spoiler for ..:



EDIT: BTW, im not willing to wait for Rei to finish. Im seriously SERIOUSLY dying to know. thanks lol

Last edited by crimmy88; 2009-04-30 at 09:22. Reason: added a comment
crimmy88 is offline  
Old 2009-05-01, 09:43   Link #96
Risa chan
Watcher
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: who knows.. where you're thinking
I don't know which ending trust. I just base myself on the fact this an Expension , and so an OVA for the Anime. But if i'd have to chose an ending. I'd choose the original one. Even if this one is more realistic. There's many visions about these two arcs:
- Miotsukushi-hen is the real world , where rika had "nothing" (not such friends, hanyuu , ect.. a simple and boring life)
- The entire higurashi is just the perfect world that rika dreams of , and the moral of all the game would be , "You must work to have".
But i don't believe in this at all =O

Anyway as for Bernkastel

Spoiler for some thoughs:
__________________

Last edited by Risa chan; 2009-05-01 at 09:53.
Risa chan is offline  
Old 2009-05-24, 15:05   Link #97
TheWitch0fDivinty
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Patch

Do you know where i can download the Higurashi rei Patch?! D: I've look but i've found nothing.
TheWitch0fDivinty is offline  
Old 2009-05-24, 15:21   Link #98
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWitch0fDivinty View Post
Do you know where i can download the Higurashi rei Patch?! D: I've look but i've found nothing.
It's on page 4 of this very same thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...7&postcount=68
Orophin is offline  
Old 2009-05-26, 12:04   Link #99
Eleutheria
旅行癖
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I finally played the REI game involving the love magatama. (Played Saigoroshi-hen last night)

Spoiler for !!:
__________________
ロースクールに入ったから、アニメはもはやこれまでかな
日本語のレベルも段々退歩してるし~
Eleutheria is offline  
Old 2009-05-28, 09:43   Link #100
Tenerezza
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Got a few minor questions about this patch on page 4, this translate one of the chapters in the 9th game (Fan disc?) Is that what some mentioned here as the 'true end' ? to the story? I've pretty much only seen the game and played episode 1 as it was the only one translated since before.

In any event, is the chapter who was translated in that game coplete on it's own, and where does it kind of put itself if you have only watched the Anime will say. Is there more chapters in the 9th game?

Want to know before I decide to buy the game as well.
Tenerezza is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.