AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 05:05   Link #2021
problemedchild
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Here's something very interesting I've picked up from a corner of the web.

It seems that a certain Tri Ace RPG for the 360, which had some resolution problem and bugs, is originally programmed for the PS3 and ported to the 360 at the last moment. Which naturally leads to the game being problematic on the platform it was released on.

Now, I guess most people would have heard about Tri Ace is slated to release a RPG for the PS3, there's a high chance that it will be the afored mentioned game and the official announcement will be published in the next few issue of Famitsu, sometime around the 10th or so.
Well, that would certainly explain why the 3 disk of that game was so poorly planned out. Nothing beats having to switch disks every 20-30 minutes when farming.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:01   Link #2022
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It seems that a certain Tri Ace RPG for the 360, which had some resolution problem and bugs, is originally programmed for the PS3 and ported to the 360 at the last moment. Which naturally leads to the game being problematic on the platform it was released on.
You mean they flat out lied in their interviews? That one of the main reasons why they chose the 360 was because it was the first one available?

I really don't know what to make of this.

EDIT: I actually saw the teaser site. I highly doubt its an SO4 port because...

1) The background images is nothing what I saw on SO4. If anything, the big huge circle thing on the top right reminds me of the chained moon of IU, but even then its nowhere as big.

2) Bottome left says Xbox 360 AND PS3. How can they release a game for the 360 when its already been released?

I guess we'll only know once the 10th comes out.
DragoonKain3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:12   Link #2023
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You mean they flat out lied in their interviews? That one of the main reasons why they chose the 360 was because it was the first one available?
That, or the internet rumor mill has turned out another chunk of complete baseless rumor.

Until we get official confirmation on this, I'm going to go with this little tidbit being false.
Old 2009-04-04, 07:34   Link #2024
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Here's a cap of the rumour :-

Translation :-
"There's a rumour that goes saying a certain early release of the game is a hasty port from a developed copy, that's why the game has such a strange resolution".

Even the guy admit that the entire thing is a rumour and the truth may not comes to light.
Old 2009-04-04, 08:28   Link #2025
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Did anyone download the april version of Qore? Its free. Its worth the download.

In there it showcased new footage of Fat Princess. Its awesome beyond belief!
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 18:37   Link #2026
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That, or the internet rumor mill has turned out another chunk of complete baseless rumor.

Until we get official confirmation on this, I'm going to go with this little tidbit being false.
Unless someone from the staff actually comes out and says this, you're never going to get a confirmation on a rumor such as that. Such a confirmation would only lead to further criticism and a bit of shame on the parties involved.

Not to mention, more fanboy mudslinging.

Why, the only times I heard of a developer criticizing development on the 360 were usually about the limited space of the discs and XBL size constraints. At least you can criticize SO4 for the same reason with regard to the farming. As for the claim of that rumor specifically, we'll probably never truly know.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:19   Link #2027
Nosauz

I WANT BC, wtf is up with it, basically sony is sticking me the finger and telling me to buy a hundred dollar system just to play my back catalog... Its sooo damn frustrating, is there any possibility that BC software emulation might come back, because playing the ps2 on a HD tv is NOT pretty.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:21   Link #2028
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I WANT BC, wtf is up with it, basically sony is sticking me the finger and telling me to buy a hundred dollar system just to play my back catalog... Its sooo damn frustrating, is there any possibility that BC software emulation might come back, because playing the ps2 on a HD tv is NOT pretty.
I thought software emulation for the PS3 to play PS2 games is rather imperfect?

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:23   Link #2029
Nosauz

better than nothing, really have you tried to play ps2 on an HDTv? Its probably the granniest shit you'll ever play, at least with BC for the 60 and 30gb models with upscale and rendering, the games are playable and not so damn harsh on the eyes.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:26   Link #2030
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Aye. None of my TVs are HD, and that is part of the reason why I'm putting off my purchase of a 3, along with the lack of backward compatibility. Those earlier models with the Emotion Engine chip in them won't be cheap, I guess.

Old 2009-04-04, 20:31   Link #2031
Nosauz

I mean, I rarely use it to play blurays because their to expensive to buy and watching the dark knight for the umpteenth times gets boring, but sometimes you jsut get the urge to play some ps2 and since my modded ps2 went caput i haven't been able to play any of my legit games and shilling a hundred dollars for a system that really isn't worth a hundred dollars just drives me nutz, i mean with a hundred dollars I could get a dsi and go play the new pokemon which would be a better investment imo.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:31   Link #2032
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
Quote:
i know what you mean... it sucks playing a ps2 on HDTV, its all out of proportion and stuff... hopefully someone somewhere is doing something about bringing BC back to the ps3
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:31   Link #2033
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Well, I still have a working Made In Japan PS2 30006 model that dates back to '02 which is now currently plug into my PC monitor via a $70 VGA Box. You could do the same here and just used your PS3 exclusively on the HD TV.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:34   Link #2034
Nosauz

yea but currently my ps2 is dead, may it rest in peace, and sometimes for nostalgia sake I would like to boot up some of my games with out dropping a substantial amount of dough to make that happen.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:35   Link #2035
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Quote:
better than nothing, really have you tried to play ps2 on an HDTv? Its probably the granniest shit you'll ever play, at least with BC for the 60 and 30gb models with upscale and rendering, the games are playable and not so damn harsh on the eyes.
No kidding. I tried a component connection on the PS2 with a game without progressive support and it looked like a washing machine accident...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Aye. None of my TVs are HD, and that is part of the reason why I'm putting off my purchase of a 3, along with the lack of backward compatibility. Those earlier models with the Emotion Chip in them won't be chip, I guess.
Clearly they phased out the BC to underhandedly sell more PS2s. I find it ironic, since Sony jumped on their high horses talking about BC and now look who the hypocrites are. Sony's answer to BC: Just buy a PS2! Look, we even cut it to $99!
Old 2009-04-04, 20:37   Link #2036
TubZzz
*IT Support

also it would be way more convenient if we had one machine to run our ps1, ps2 and ps3 software... i think that's that everyone ultimately wants... everything wrapped up in a neat little package
Old 2009-04-04, 20:38   Link #2037
Nosauz

See i would consider buying a ps2 for 99 dollars IF it was region free and allowed me to play my god damn imports, but this is not the case, which again baffles the shit out of me. And really I hate the wii, but its BC is amazing which makes me wonder if I hadn't been a xbox ps2 dc owner and gaycube owner that I might be wiihead this generation.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:43   Link #2038
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ View Post
also it would be way more convenient if we had one machine to run our ps1, ps2 and ps3 software... i think that's that everyone ultimately wants... everything wrapped up in a neat little package
They pulled out the models with the EE chips, and later did away with software emulation. Sony, are you up to something?

Old 2009-04-04, 20:45   Link #2039
TubZzz
*IT Support

they're up to ripping us off i think... the ps3 has been long overdue for a price cut imo
Old 2009-04-04, 20:51   Link #2040
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Presently, I'm thinking of sharing a PS3 with a doc friend of mine. He's always busy, so the plan is for him to drop over to my place if he wants to play.

Anyway, is it true that without HDTV, the improvement in graphics for 3 is marginal?

Tags
console, ps3, sony