AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-13, 15:51   Link #701
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I missed that OVA thing, but then again, your argument would be flawed then, since you didn't really explain why you are omitting the OVAs from the discussion.


Within the context of what I wrote, the main idea of my statement was that every series after Char's counterattack has not fared that well. This is a pretty big blanket statement. However, simply stating that would allow the possibility to think the OVA releases such as 0083 or MS IGLOO did not fare well since they were produced after Char's counterattack. That's why I had "Aside from the OVAs," to exclude them from the blanket statement. They aren't being excluded from the discussion however.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 18:18   Link #702
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Within the context of what I wrote, the main idea of my statement was that every series after Char's counterattack has not fared that well. This is a pretty big blanket statement. However, simply stating that would allow the possibility to think the OVA releases such as 0083 or MS IGLOO did not fare well since they were produced after Char's counterattack. That's why I had "Aside from the OVAs," to exclude them from the blanket statement. They aren't being excluded from the discussion however.
I understand, but that makes your argument flawed like I said. I explained why the OVAs were popular as opposed to the TV series, and why the same can't apply to the SEED franchise.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 23:12   Link #703
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Just reintroduce Gaia Gear into the canon with an updated setting and make a TV-series out of it!

Settings based or not, if Char is in it, it will sell. Not even Lacus and Kira have the character pull that Char does.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 00:20   Link #704
chrisbad726
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in your closet
can't belive hi nu got 12 place. imo hi nu is way better than strike freedom.
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 00:34   Link #705
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
can't belive hi nu got 12 place. imo hi nu is way better than strike freedom.
It's a popularity contest. Popularity is about exposure. SF is connected to Kira.

Although it is a gaudy piece of crap. Why would anyone vote for it over Freedom, or something sensible, like a Zaku II.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 00:40   Link #706
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
i would vote for the char's custom zaku II anytime over freedom, it is like a classic car, very colectable, that is why it has a pg model and freedom doesn't.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 17:34   Link #707
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Freedom or Strike Freedom Gundam this two can really sell because one of the reason gundam anime continue coz they want to sell gundam model kits. About these two don't have PG model it bcoz those Bandai guys don't really listen to fans or they ran out idea to make it PG special.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 02:32   Link #708
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Taken fron Ngee Khiong:

The poll about the most exciting Gundam ending, taken before the 2nd season 00 finale:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dW7jdVzJn8...4032-54598.gif

* To A Future that Never Ends (Gundam SEED) ------ 42.71%
* Riders in the Skies (Gundam Zeta) ------ 20.10%
* The Moon Will Always be There (Gundam X) ------ 10.92%
* Escape (MS Gundam) ------ 5.87%
* The Final Victor (Gundam Wing) ------ 4.29%
* The Golden Autumn (Turn A Gundam) ------ 4.20%
* The Final Power (Gundam SEED Destiny) ------ 4.12%
* Angel's Ascension (Victory Gundam) ------ 2.99%
* Warrior, Again... (Gundam Double Zeta) ------ 2.80%
* God Gundam's Great Triumph!(G Gundam) ------ 2.01%

Happy to still see it's clicking. I admit that the high rank of Gundam X somehow convinced me to watch the series...
__________________
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 03:15   Link #709
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Well, Garrod was one of the least whiny of all Gundam main characters, he had guts from start to the end.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:09   Link #710
tetsuo69
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nyc
X was a good series.
__________________
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:56   Link #711
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Talk about the gap between the 1st and 2nd poll placer. wtf!? lol



aaaand G Gundam got last. xDDD
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 18:07   Link #712
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Taken fron Ngee Khiong:

The poll about the most exciting Gundam ending, taken before the 2nd season 00 finale:
That poll is for the most memorable last episode title actually. It has nothing to do with the contents of the episodes.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 18:17   Link #713
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That poll is for the most memorable last episode title actually. It has nothing to do with the contents of the episodes.
Still, I think people tended to choose episodes they like, but it is just me.
__________________
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:06   Link #714
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Still, I think people tended to choose episodes they like, but it is just me.
I highly doubt the last episode of First Gundam would be considered at such a low light in JAPAN.

Its a poll comparing the titles, and that's it.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:22   Link #715
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Latest Newtype Poll, since I kinda stumbled on it.



Gundam 00 is still #1 most popular anime (Gundam Seed is #18 and the oldest show on the list), Setsuna is #4 on most popular males, Feldt is #3 for females (she was actually #2 last month... And finally surpassed Lacus Clyne...)
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:28   Link #716
DRAGUN H.E.X.
Machine Robo EVOLVED
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
i think it would be the best event ever if Gintoki was ever voted as the 1st.
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 23:40   Link #717
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Oh man,Gundam X still popular to this day. Oh wait,Feldt surpass Lacus on poll,the throne of pink princess still in good hands.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 03:52   Link #718
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
It seems that even if G00 is still the most popular gundam, the show start to lost its popularity. Setsuna is the most popular male character but his popularity reduce when the popularuty of Kira increase. And it's the same for Lacus. And I find it indredible that Kira and Lacus are still in the top. And thanks for the poll brightman
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 04:36   Link #719
Tangerine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chile
Tieria is 4#. He/She/it still after Setsuna. Feldt 3#
I'm happy.
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:14   Link #720
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Lacus and Kira still there!? It's like they're universal constants...
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.