AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-31, 11:23   Link #1081
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Aren't Asian people generally conservative about touching other people in most situations anyway? My mom who is Chinese occasionally talks about how it seems strange to her that Westerners are so open to touching and kissing (pats, hugs, stuff like that).
You are right......people here in the States don't really care and its kind of the most simplest thing in the world to such an extent that that people call an unexperianced person boring and kidish....They say,
"What!? You have never done that before? how shameful."
Are we untouchables if we don't want to do it?

I personally don't like it......though i wouldn't call meeting a guy who is just a simple friend like other gals a Date.

People who have asked me before end up being my brothers forcefully

Its a good way of getting rid of them..(well they call me a bully for converting "flirts into brothers")
__________________
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 17:25   Link #1082
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine247 View Post
to such an extent that that people call an unexperianced person boring and kidish....They say,
"What!? You have never done that before? how shameful."
Don't worry, not only the U.S.A are like that XD... When you get older, it can become even worse, but college is not as worse as middle and highschool, because you tend to not spend all the days with the same 25-30 students. ( and not all the people are like that )

And not only some asians are sometimes different... I don't like when people touch me (so if they dare touch me, they expose themselves to my wrath ). As for kissing, i want to wait for somebody that I will really love So the boys tricks to steal a kiss don't work on me

Anyways, whatever your choices and even if sometimes you might feel like criticizing (at least for me, sometimes i have that feeling, some people here know about what I am talking about XD), keep in mind that each person should live the life he/she wants, the way she/he wants. So, don't do the same mistake as some people who can be mean or use sarcasm, because the other people, even if they live differently than you, have also the right to make their own choices in life.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 04:15   Link #1083
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Aren't Asian people generally conservative about touching other people in most situations anyway? My mom who is Chinese occasionally talks about how it seems strange to her that Westerners are so open to touching and kissing (pats, hugs, stuff like that).
Yes. I have Chinese girlfriend who I recently hooked up with who is from Macau. She tells me all about it. Not to mention I've had quite a few Asian friends throughout the years that are not from the USA. Luckily for me my girlfriend pretty much rebels against all of those rules. We're into more PDA than most couples.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 11:34   Link #1084
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Don't worry, not only the U.S.A are like that XD... When you get older, it can become even worse, but college is not as worse as middle and highschool, because you tend to not spend all the days with the same 25-30 students. ( and not all the people are like that )

And not only some asians are sometimes different... I don't like when people touch me (so if they dare touch me, they expose themselves to my wrath ). As for kissing, i want to wait for somebody that I will really love So the boys tricks to steal a kiss don't work on me

Anyways, whatever your choices and even if sometimes you might feel like criticizing (at least for me, sometimes i have that feeling, some people here know about what I am talking about XD), keep in mind that each person should live the life he/she wants, the way she/he wants. So, don't do the same mistake as some people who can be mean or use sarcasm, because the other people, even if they live differently than you, have also the right to make their own choices in life.
Ya thats true.....people have their own choice to live their way...I don't get bothered by such people nor do i ridicule them....its only bothering when it comes to me and what i do......
__________________
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 15:08   Link #1085
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine247 View Post
Ya thats true.....people have their own choice to live their way...I don't get bothered by such people nor do i ridicule them....its only bothering when it comes to me and what i do......
I get bothered (and eventually get angry ) when they're criticizing me without any good reason or try to control my life.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 18:29   Link #1086
kyousukey
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 21
Pftt i like my best friend and she treats me better then anyone else but i wouldnt dare ask, shes shit popular and im geeky skate kid xD
kyousukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:45   Link #1087
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Yes. I have Chinese girlfriend who I recently hooked up with who is from Macau. She tells me all about it. Not to mention I've had quite a few Asian friends throughout the years that are not from the USA. Luckily for me my girlfriend pretty much rebels against all of those rules. We're into more PDA than most couples.
Isn't this the reason to get a gf who had a strict upbrining... rebellion is soooo damn hawt. Kind of like the I'm punishing daddy mentality, man I've heard that many a times while we're doing something kinky.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:47   Link #1088
Puralicious
rawr baby rawr
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: in my tv where im racing with my cnk buddies
Send a message via MSN to Puralicious
@kyouskey haha thats like me exactly. im nerdy and hes so popular i wouldnt feel right asking him out
__________________

roaring...running...speed those are the 3 things that make up a tiger..like me.. Puralicious <3
Puralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 13:24   Link #1089
the strangers
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Girls are kind of cool, especially when you are with them.

Take every opportunity to smell her neck. Trust me on this one.
__________________
We use your dead as vessels
the strangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:50   Link #1090
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
I need help guys!! :]


Okay so I went out with this boy last year for 3 months, but I stopped being with him because he was super paranoid. Currently he has a girlfriend who happens to be one of my friends, but Sunday night he told me that he didn't love her and how he needed a new girlfriend. He said he wasn't sure if he wanted me back yet. But later that night my friend (M) got drunk and tried to kiss him, he told M to back off because his lips were only to be touched by me.. Do you think he is still into me.. because I am so confused. I have always liked him but I cant ask him out if he is with my friend. Although we have done some stuff together which counts as cheating anyway and I really dont want her to know.. AGH!
__________________

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 12:51   Link #1091
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
It seems he still holds a special place in his heart for you considering that he is saving a kiss for you.

What exactly did he do that made you think he was super paranoid?
__________________
Go Yankees.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:43   Link #1092
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
It seems he still holds a special place in his heart for you considering that he is saving a kiss for you.
Wow I hope so :P

and when I was dating him he was always calling me asking me who I was with and my friend told me that he was scared about me cheating on him he was really paranoid about that!
__________________

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:20   Link #1093
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I need help guys!! :]


Okay so I went out with this boy last year for 3 months, but I stopped being with him because he was super paranoid. Currently he has a girlfriend who happens to be one of my friends, but Sunday night he told me that he didn't love her and how he needed a new girlfriend. He said he wasn't sure if he wanted me back yet. But later that night my friend (M) got drunk and tried to kiss him, he told M to back off because his lips were only to be touched by me.. Do you think he is still into me.. because I am so confused. I have always liked him but I cant ask him out if he is with my friend. Although we have done some stuff together which counts as cheating anyway and I really dont want her to know.. AGH!
You're becoming something of a regular customer here nowadays, aren't you Imouto-chan?

Ok well, I'd think this one is obvious; this boy is bad news. You do NOT want to be stuck with him for long; extreme paranoia is a relationship killer for the most part, and even if you continue to pursue one with him, that paranoia is just going to make you miserable. Plus, he's virtually two-timing you and your friend in front of the both of you here, so yes, he's no good.

Break with him ASAP. If you can, get your friend out of this mess too; if it looks impossible, just run to save yourself. :x
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:39   Link #1094
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
From what you say i think he meant for you to hear what he said to his girlfriend (your friend). He got plenty of other chances to kiss her anyway. His paranoia isn't really a problem since he will probably ditch you first anyway.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 04:05   Link #1095
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I need help guys!! :]


Okay so I went out with this boy last year for 3 months, but I stopped being with him because he was super paranoid. Currently he has a girlfriend who happens to be one of my friends, but Sunday night he told me that he didn't love her and how he needed a new girlfriend. He said he wasn't sure if he wanted me back yet. But later that night my friend (M) got drunk and tried to kiss him, he told M to back off because his lips were only to be touched by me.. Do you think he is still into me.. because I am so confused. I have always liked him but I cant ask him out if he is with my friend. Although we have done some stuff together which counts as cheating anyway and I really dont want her to know.. AGH!
When it comes to any of my close friends and their relationships, I'd just back off. If any of their boyfriends would start fancying me(which has happened before), I'd do something to stop it right away. Your position is quite risky now. You could end up losing either. One of your statements made it seem as if this guy desperately needs a new girlfriend and O-M-G, he really said that only you could touch his lips. He put on quite a show for you. Lol. You're gonna have to use your own woman intuition if you think he's serious or if he's just playing with you. And you're gonna have to be honest to your friend. She is your "friend", right?
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 04:33   Link #1096
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Aren't Asian people generally conservative about touching other people in most situations anyway? My mom who is Chinese occasionally talks about how it seems strange to her that Westerners are so open to touching and kissing (pats, hugs, stuff like that).
That would depend where they grew up. It's kinda hard to generalized Asians when it comes to public affection but most of the younger generations are actually quite open about it. It's not a rude or impolite gesture, just embaressing for some. But a peck or a hug in the open is nothing much to write home about for most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Okay so I went out with this boy last year for 3 months, but I stopped being with him because he was super paranoid. Currently he has a girlfriend who happens to be one of my friends, but Sunday night he told me that he didn't love her and how he needed a new girlfriend. He said he wasn't sure if he wanted me back yet. But later that night my friend (M) got drunk and tried to kiss him, he told M to back off because his lips were only to be touched by me.. Do you think he is still into me.. because I am so confused.
You need to ask yourself if this boy is worth souring your friendship with your friends. Also, has he changed his paranoid attitude or could you accept him being super paranoid about you?

IMO, i dont think he's particularly trustworthy if you are looking for a serious relationship. He should have broke off with his gf before going after you. Sounds like he's hedging his bet with his current gf if you rejected him.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 08:25   Link #1097
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
Ok well, I'd think this one is obvious; this boy is bad news. You do NOT want to be stuck with him for long; extreme paranoia is a relationship killer for the most part, and even if you continue to pursue one with him, that paranoia is just going to make you miserable. Plus, he's virtually two-timing you and your friend in front of the both of you here, so yes, he's no good.
I agree and I do not want to get me or my friend hurt, I think I shouldn't bother with him.

Quote:
From what you say i think he meant for you to hear what he said to his girlfriend (your friend). He got plenty of other chances to kiss her anyway. His paranoia isn't really a problem since he will probably ditch you first anyway.
No he was definately telling me But I dont want to kiss him really...

Quote:
When it comes to any of my close friends and their relationships, I'd just back off. If any of their boyfriends would start fancying me(which has happened before), I'd do something to stop it right away. Your position is quite risky now. You could end up losing either. One of your statements made it seem as if this guy desperately needs a new girlfriend and O-M-G, he really said that only you could touch his lips. He put on quite a show for you. Lol. You're gonna have to use your own woman intuition if you think he's serious or if he's just playing with you. And you're gonna have to be honest to your friend. She is your "friend", right?
Your right I don't want to lose a friend.. but I dont know if he is serious or not, because he acts like he is really serious to me. I told my friend and she said she was on the verge of giving up with him anyway. I dont think I have woman intuition.. I always make the wrong choices, I dont understand boys..

Quote:
You need to ask yourself if this boy is worth souring your friendship with your friends. Also, has he changed his paranoid attitude or could you accept him being super paranoid about you?

IMO, i dont think he's particularly trustworthy if you are looking for a serious relationship. He should have broke off with his gf before going after you. Sounds like he's hedging his bet with his current gf if you rejected him.
He is not worth it and he has definately changed his ways, since I talked to him previously I think he understands a lot more and has stopped being so paranoid. I know he should have broke up with my friend, I dont understand why he is doing this.

Thanks for all your replies you have helped imouto-chan very much!
__________________

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 08:58   Link #1098
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I always make the wrong choices, I dont understand boys..

He is not worth it and he has definately changed his ways, since I talked to him previously I think he understands a lot more and has stopped being so paranoid. I know he should have broke up with my friend, I dont understand why he is doing this.

Thanks for all your replies you have helped imouto-chan very much!
Oh it's the same way as well for guys. Girl's action often leaves us bewildered and confused.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:02   Link #1099
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Your right I don't want to lose a friend.. but I dont know if he is serious or not, because he acts like he is really serious to me. I told my friend and she said she was on the verge of giving up with him anyway. I dont think I have woman intuition.. I always make the wrong choices, I dont understand boys..
I guess woman's intuition is something that is socialized rather than coming naturally, after all. In that case don't worry imouto-chan, you'll slowly develop your intuition as you gain more experience.

Quote:
Thanks for all your replies you have helped imouto-chan very much!
You're welcome. Always know that the oniichans and oneechans here are always willing to help you out with this kind of stuff.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:14   Link #1100
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
Oh it's the same way as well for guys. Girl's action often leaves us bewildered and confused.
I guess thats true, haha!


Quote:
I guess woman's intuition is something that is socialized rather than coming naturally, after all. In that case don't worry imouto-chan, you'll slowly develop your intuition as you gain more experience.
Really? hm Well I hope I do gain intuition.

Quote:
You're welcome. Always know that the oniichans and oneechans here are always willing to help you out with this kind of stuff.
Thank You! Im glad that you're willing to help
__________________

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.