AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-08, 04:07   Link #21
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
39 episodes ...

That's a decent number of episodes ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:19   Link #22
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
thanks for the info. I will go and search that. I never been to that site so how you get there?
By the way, the 39 episodes comes from animenation and they got it from an interview with one of the seiyuu for the show.
Please provide a link at animenation. Searching the site for Hanasakeru leads to:
Sorry, no matches were found.
Please try again using different search words.
ANN has this at 13 eps.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=10510&page=25
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:25   Link #23
BluWacky
尻の竜
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Please provide a link at animenation.
Well, Moonphase has it on their list of anime as being 39 episodes, although the official website currently only suggests 26 (click the "Story" button - there's greyed out links for episodes up to 26).

So although it's not AnimeNation, it's still more than 13.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:33   Link #24
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Please provide a link at animenation. Searching the site for Hanasakeru leads to:
Sorry, no matches were found.
Please try again using different search words.
ANN has this at 13 eps.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=10510&page=25
ANN has been wrong MANY times about the length of anime. I can't find the link to the article in english because interestingly when I do a search for the show it now gives a lot of more results than before and it is a pain to go one by one. Here is the comment of the Seiyuu about how many episodes the series is going to be in Japanese.

"森川さん:僕もこの作品はオーディションの時に、初めて知ったんです。それで、立人に決まった時に、原作 を読みたいなって思ったんですが、なかなか本屋でみつからない。それで同年代の知り合いの女性に“『花咲け る青少年』で役が決まったよ”って言ったら、狂喜乱舞しまして“全巻貸してやる!”って言われたんです(笑 )。あっこれはすごいな、僕も気合い入れて、いい汗かいて演じようと思いましたね。放送は全39話ということなので、皆さんも是非、花鹿を見守って頂いて、一緒になって夫選びや作品を楽しんで頂ければ嬉しいです "

the sentence in bold say, "the total broadcast will be 39 episodes"

Here is the link for the whole thing.

http://www.animate.tv/news/detail.ph...id=&rid=&type=

Last edited by golthin; 2009-04-08 at 14:43.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 23:38   Link #25
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere where Rena can take me Home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Well, Moonphase has it on their list of anime as being 39 episodes, although the official website currently only suggests 26 (click the "Story" button - there's greyed out links for episodes up to 26).

So although it's not AnimeNation, it's still more than 13.
Yeah, that's strange...... Seiyuu /does/ seem to be saying 39 eps...

BTW, m.3.3.w will be subbing this, unless the tranlsator finds out that there's 39 eps and decides to bail... lol

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, also.
__________________

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:00   Link #26
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Yeah, that's strange...... Seiyuu /does/ seem to be saying 39 eps...

BTW, m.3.3.w will be subbing this, unless the tranlsator finds out that there's 39 eps and decides to bail... lol

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, also.
well, if he took the project he/she must like Shoujo anime. The translator has his work cut out for him because this show is going to have a lot of narration.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:09   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
ANN has been wrong MANY times about the length of anime....
ANN being basically a somewhat edited wiki, that happens. When I'm researching shows for my preview blog post, finding out how many episodes there will be is one of the hardest things: MoonPhase, official sites, 2channel, anime TV listings, pre-season articles on sites like animate, etc. You almost never can get the episode count from the official site, unfortunately.

This season, ANN seemed to have a lot of episode totals, so I was especially leery. But I guess if they have x number of episode titles, there are probably at least that number of episodes. It all depends on the accuracy of the info people send in. You're supposed to include a source, but sometimes maybe the source is inaccurate.

I still think ANN is the best anime info site going. At least for my purposes in comparing staffs and casts.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 01:46   Link #28
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

I still think ANN is the best anime info site going. At least for my purposes in comparing staffs and casts.
don't get me wrong, I also think ANN is a good source. I am just saying that when it comes to the number of episodes I don't trust them because they have been wrong many times. They are great to find out the cast and the romanize names of characters
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 07:09   Link #29
Slice of Life
eyewitness
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I think I have to defend ANN for once. You're just misinterpreting them. ANN states clearly "We have XX episodes." Not "There are" not even "We think there are" just "We have". You should have noticed that there are often entries for, say, 17 episodes. That fact alone should allow to figure out how these lists are to be interpreted and how they are not to be interpreted. It's just the maximal number that has been confirmed. Show me a case where ANN says 24 eps that turn out to be 13 in reality. I always see complaints about the opposite only.
__________________
- Any ideas how to fill this space?
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 08:27   Link #30
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I think I have to defend ANN for once. You're just misinterpreting them. ANN states clearly "We have XX episodes." Not "There are" not even "We think there are" just "We have". You should have noticed that there are often entries for, say, 17 episodes. That fact alone should allow to figure out how these lists are to be interpreted and how they are not to be interpreted. It's just the maximal number that has been confirmed. Show me a case where ANN says 24 eps that turn out to be 13 in reality. I always see complaints about the opposite only.
I give you that... I have always noticed that. That is why people should not go by what ANN say UNTIL the show is over. ANN is the best place for finding info on shows that are completed. I guess I should have said that
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 17:32   Link #32
Molenir
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Ordinarily I like reverse harem type shows, provided they have a decent storyline. Not sure about this one. After the first episode, all I know, is that the girl is supposed to play a "game" with her father, in which she finds and chooses her future husband. I found the attitude interesting, and at the same time rather offensive. It was as if, since she's a woman, she has to have a guy in order to be worthwhile. Maybe we'll understand more later, but seriously, why the rush to get her married off? If her dad expects her to stand at the top of his empire, then why push her into marriage so soon? And what about the cute friend back in Japan? Hopefully we'll see a lot of her as well.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 20:07   Link #33
rio
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: JPN around Tokyo
Itsuki Natsumi's blog

In the author Itsuki Natsumi's blog,
She said

アニメも順調に進んでるみたいですね。
この間8話までの脚本見せてもらいました。
さすがに39話もあるとジェットコースターアニメには
ならないですねー。
楽しみです


It looks they have made the anime well .
I have been shown the scripts of 8 episodes so far.
Since this series has 39 episodes, it can't be a coaster anime(anime that the story proceeds very fast) .
I am really looking forward.


__________________
Don't mind the small things. Optimists always win∮

Last edited by rio; 2009-04-09 at 20:14. Reason: Miss link;
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 20:20   Link #34
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
While I won't disagree that the premise is ridiculously contrived, and can be construed as chauvinistic, I didn't mind it that much There have been some really obnoxious shoujo anime floating around more recently, which is strange because historically it's just about the least obnoxious genre in anime. I think this one teeters on the edge, and I can see why people would be turned off by it, but I think Kon brings enough self-control to it to keep it from going overboard.

Ep 1

Bland art and animation, but that's not really a priority for a series like this. I actually really like the lead character, sure she's blessed with looks and money (anime characters with money sometimes tend to be rather repulsive), but she's also amiable, strong-minded and a has a strong sense of righteousness. I think I would have liked to have seen her in Japan for longer, but, oh well. Anyway, looks like we're in for a good old-fashioned reverse harem, and seeing as I'm not continuously rolling my eyes at the worst of the reverse harem tropes (as I generally am with normal harem anime), the early signs are good. I'm interested in seeing where this is going.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:44   Link #35
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
Hmm looks rather interesting. This is my first reverse harem anime I watched ^^; And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.
__________________
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:35   Link #36
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
I LOVE the OP theme. Loved the first episode. Loved Endo Aya's voice. I just think that the animation on some parts were a bit deformed. But other than that, I think the story's set-up is interesting. And wow 39 episodes.
__________________
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:48   Link #37
rio
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: JPN around Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Hmm looks rather interesting. This is my first reverse harem anime I watched ^^; And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.
The anime will never disappoint you i think The more interestes you will get .
__________________
Don't mind the small things. Optimists always win∮
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:49   Link #38
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Ordinarily I like reverse harem type shows, provided they have a decent storyline. Not sure about this one. After the first episode, all I know, is that the girl is supposed to play a "game" with her father, in which she finds and chooses her future husband. I found the attitude interesting, and at the same time rather offensive. It was as if, since she's a woman, she has to have a guy in order to be worthwhile. Maybe we'll understand more later, but seriously, why the rush to get her married off? If her dad expects her to stand at the top of his empire, then why push her into marriage so soon? And what about the cute friend back in Japan? Hopefully we'll see a lot of her as well.
I also thought this was just a reverse harem shoujo with not much story. after i read the whole manga, You must Believe me when I tell you that it is not. this has a VERY rich story involved and the reverse harem is just a tool for the real plot to come together. People that are watching this for the bishonen and the reverse harem won't be disappointed. People that want a much deeper story won't be disappointed either. It should have also a lot of action with guns and explosions everywhere.

As for those that want to know the final pairing, it is hinted in the opening. If you are a good observer you can figure it out. I had it round out to two guys by just watching the opening and I am not the greatest of observers. I found out the final pairing when i read the manga. Spoiling the final pairing in the opening is not big deal because it is probably common knowledge in Japan.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 00:28   Link #39
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I also thought this was just a reverse harem shoujo with not much story. after i read the whole manga, You must Believe me when I tell you that it is not. this has a VERY rich story involved and the reverse harem is just a tool for the real plot to come together. People that are watching this for the bishonen and the reverse harem won't be disappointed. People that want a much deeper story won't be disappointed either. It should have also a lot of action with guns and explosions everywhere.

As for those that want to know the final pairing, it is hinted in the opening. If you are a good observer you can figure it out. I had it round out to two guys by just watching the opening and I am not the greatest of observers. I found out the final pairing when i read the manga. Spoiling the final pairing in the opening is not big deal because it is probably common knowledge in Japan.
Aww please don't say anything about pairings anymore. I don't want to know any hints or anything about any final pairing. I'll just lose interest if you say anything more about it.

But good to know that it'll get interesting later.
__________________
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 01:31   Link #40
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Aww please don't say anything about pairings anymore. I don't want to know any hints or anything about any final pairing. I'll just lose interest if you say anything more about it.

But good to know that it'll get interesting later.
don't worry, i won't reveal the final pairing in spoilers. I had to work VERY hard to find it myself. Of course, if anyone is like me and don't want to wait, just send me a PM and will tell you there. People wouldn't tell me straight who was the chosen one, going through 12 volumes to find out was a pain.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.