AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-10, 18:46   Link #81
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I agree with that Blackbeard D. Kuma.^^
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 18:51   Link #82
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Wait, if that's the case then where are Marineford and Mariejoia?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 19:48   Link #83
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy defeating Magellan and Shiryuu? He can't even beat Magellan alone (he was defeated with ease if you recall), so do you really expect him to be able to handle both of them? This is partially the reason why Ivankov and Inazuma are assisting him in his endeavor to save Ace, because he can't do it alone. Jimbei is also more than likely going to become another one of Luffy's allies in this whole situation. Luffy shouldn't fight Shiryuu; it should be either Ivankov, Inazuma, or Jimbei, that take him on.
Even so, by the time Magellan and Shiryuu are defeated Ace would still be taken to Marineford meaning Luffy and co. would have to stow away on a different ship and follow Ace there.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 20:24   Link #84
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Even so, by the time Magellan and Shiryuu are defeated Ace would still be taken to Marineford meaning Luffy and co. would have to stow away on a different ship and follow Ace there.
well the thing is if Luffy and co run into Magellan they will mostly likely run into Ace too and therefore put a halt to Ace's transfer.

I hope this won't be like Enies Lobby where they reach him just before he's taken away

would like to see Ace take part in the break out
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 21:10   Link #85
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
I can't wait until this gets animated, I wonder what color hair Iva-San will have? I can picture him with either Blond or Pink hair
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 22:10   Link #86
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well the thing is if Luffy and co run into Magellan they will mostly likely run into Ace too and therefore put a halt to Ace's transfer.
Don't forget that Vice-Admiral Onigumo is the one who'll transfer Ace and Magellan would most likely give Luffy a harder time to keep him from interfering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I hope this won't be like Enies Lobby where they reach him just before he's taken away
With the current situation, I'm afraid it will be exactly like Enies Lobby with even MORE angst for characters and fans alike.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 23:32   Link #87
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I can't wait until this gets animated, I wonder what color hair Iva-San will have? I can picture him with either Blond or Pink hair
Definitely blonde

Quote:
Wait, if that's the case then where are Marineford and Mariejoia?
Mariejoa is right above the opening of the red line, Marineford should be somewhere nearby.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 00:53   Link #88
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I hope this won't be like Enies Lobby where they reach him just before he's taken away
i wonder if Ace will be saved now, or at Marineford...

Either way, i think Teach will kill Whitebeard infront of Ace (Whitebeards death is soooo needed for the One Piece story), and i hope we see a Zoro vs Hawkeyes rematch - and with all them strong marines etc there, surely where finally gonna get to see Dragon make a move.

Either way, the Marines are due a big victory.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 02:03   Link #89
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
I'd expect a fight in the middle of the sea, while transporting Ace to Marineford (they're pirates after all!). Can't say any fights are predictable besides the Luffy-Magellan rematch.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 02:44   Link #90
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Technically, all their bounties are at zero.
A bounty only makes sense, as long as the person is roaming free and needs to be captured. Once they are imprisoned (which they are), theitr bounty should get a reset to 0.
And if they escape, they should get a completely new bounty.

(If the bounty would stay valid, it would make the prison to the most valuable place to attack: Go in, free all the prisoners, bring them to the next marine base and collect the bounty. Wait until they are imprisoned again, and start anew.)
That sounds like a game plot in which you can earn the most money XD

Bounties shouldn't be reseted, but put on hold - like they are. Because if somebody would escape he would have the same or at least similar threat level. DF user will stay DF user, but his capabilities might be reduced if he lost an arm in the prison.


Blackbeard D. Kuma - It was easy for Magellan to deafet Luffy, but even He has to admit that Luffy wasn't a pushover. He had to use more than one posion to stop Luffy, and he eventually used so many to stop him that there was no cure for them.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:09   Link #91
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
vow.....just vhen you think Oda has outdone himself in vriting, he comes back with chapters like this...The vhole thing about Iva-Chan being Dragons Nakama vas nicely done and it vas tottally unexpected! great chapter indeed (too bad no One piece next veek).
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:22   Link #92
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy defeating Magellan and Shiryuu? He can't even beat Magellan alone (he was defeated with ease if you recall), so do you really expect him to be able to handle both of them?
Given that Magellan was brought to his knees with one hit from a hungry Luffy, I wouldn't say "with ease" is the best description. Compare this to Luffy's first fight with Crocodile or Lucci. The main problem Luffy has with Magellan is he can't hurt Magellan without hurting himself due to the poison. But that's something that could be solved with some thick rubber gloves or some other protective coating (Mr 3's wax would come in handy right about now). Luffy doesn't need a Haki power-up to defeat Magellan, though it would obviously help.

Putting it another way, I don't think Iwa is suicidal - he's certainly capable of rational thought and planning. I doubt he'd think he could break out Ace without having to get past Magellan. So either he thinks he can take on Magellan himself or has a plan to help Luffy take him on or something along those lines.

Anyway... I think "today" is going to be a long day for Luffy. Fighting Magellan again isn't likely to be his biggest problem.
__________________
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:15   Link #93
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Well, Iva has been in this prison for years waiting for the order to strike. He has to have a plan on escape and make as much damage as possible.
It's one of those time when Luffy comes and someone that seems to be waiting years just so happens to decide to move now - like Enel.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:28   Link #94
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Anyway... I think "today" is going to be a long day for Luffy. Fighting Magellan again isn't likely to be his biggest problem.


Yeah, there's those five VAs to worry about, as well. However, if Momonga is amongst them, then it's possible that Hancock is still with him..... she could be a big help to Luffy if that's the case. And not to mention that the likelihood of Luffy being involved in the upcoming war has increased now that he's partnered himself with a couple of notorious revolutionaries. Iva and Inazuma are bound to reunite with Dragon when they bust out of prison, and all hell will really break loose from there......



And there's still the question of how everyone will escape. While I still like the idea of an underwater getaway, I guess it's now more likely that everyone will just use level 5.5 as a shortcut to level 1. Of course, that depends on the chance that the prison staff doesn't discover the secret level's existence during all the ruckus......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:28   Link #95
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think someone who was in prison for several years without any significant training would be as dangerous as before.
Especially like those people we see here in Level 5 or Level 6, who mostly aren't even able to move. And then there is the special shounen factor: Everyone (significant) on the outside is getting more and more powerful, so even if they could keep their power in prison, once outside they would be weak compared to the rest.
That may be true for the low level prisoners, but the ones at or above level 5, I highly doubt their strength is something they would lose if they got imprisoned.

Also, it is not about staying outside. I highly doubt Rayleigh did more training to get stronger while he was outside, especially after his crew was disbanded. Regardless, the marines approached him as they should have 20 years ago. If Haki is dependent on one's spiritual strength, do you think pirates at that level would lose to years of imprisonment? I doubt it.

Lastly, would those prisoners find themselves in a weaker state compared to the life threatening situation Luffy had not so long ago? A life threatening situation that got healed using medicine and after a few hundreds/thousands of serving. And, he might have woken up to an even stronger state.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:53   Link #96
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelB
And not to mention that the likelihood of Luffy being involved in the upcoming war has increased now that he's partnered himself with a couple of notorious revolutionaries.
Let's pray that's not the case........

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-04-11 at 15:58.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:59   Link #97
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And there's still the question of how everyone will escape. While I still like the idea of an underwater getaway, I guess it's now more likely that everyone will just use level 5.5 as a shortcut to level 1. Of course, that depends on the chance that the prison staff doesn't discover the secret level's existence during all the ruckus......
Last time, the Straw hat crew had to face the VAs, because there was no choice. This time, if possible, they may want to avoid that kind of encounter. With Jinbei there, escape towards the merman island is a good possibility. And considering the readiness of their ship (it should have been made ready when everyone landed on an island) and the need of a ship to use regardless of how they escape, a re-unite between Sunny and Luffy is again a good possibility. Also, the order Oda has in mind to re-unite the crew with Sunny is something to consider too. Will he start with the captain, or one of the other crewmates? If the ship moves under the sea, there may be no need for Nami until the ship re-surfaces again....Anyways, we will get to see the next set of adventures soon enough.

Of course, even if they save Ace, they may still need to go back to level 5.5 to gather everyone who wants to escape (Buggy and Mr.3 should also be around somewhere there). But, since that level should also be under water, and the person who created level 5.5 might have already created an escape path around that level, it should not be a problem to find an exit towards the sea even at that level.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:07   Link #98
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Last time, the Straw hat crew had to face the VAs, because there was no choice. This time, if possible, they may want to avoid that kind of encounter. With Jinbei there, escape towards the merman island is a good possibility. And considering the readiness of their ship (it should have been made ready when everyone landed on an island) and the need of a ship to use regardless of how they escape, a re-unite between Sunny and Luffy is again a good possibility. Also, the order Oda has in mind to re-unite the crew with Sunny is something to consider too. Will he start with the captain, or one of the other crewmates? If the ship moves under the sea, there may be no need for Nami until the ship re-surfaces again....Anyways, we will get to see the next set of adventures soon enough.

Of course, even if they save Ace, they may still need to go back to level 5.5 to gather everyone who wants to escape (Buggy and Mr.3 should also be around somewhere there). But, since that level should also be under water, and the person who created level 5.5 might have already created an escape path around that level, it should not be a problem to find an exit towards the sea even at that level.
I think if Jinbei got free and wasn't able to save Ace from being transported he would help Whitebeard out in the war, instead of escape to Fishmen Island.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:16   Link #99
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
If Jinbei were to join a war, he has two choices to make. Join with the Government to fight against the person he admires or join with Whitebeard to risk the future of the other mer-people (because of them getting targeted by other pirates and/or WG). If saving Ace would be his main priority instead of joining with Whitebeard against the WG, then taking Ace to a safe place would be a choice he would not hesitate to make.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 17:17   Link #100
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
i think a few chapters ago, Jimbei said he was dieing to give the Government his ''Justice'', so him joining them is probably a deffo no no
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.