AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-14, 18:44   Link #241
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Mr 1 mention that there could be a diamont men somewhere, so Zoro could beat him and gain new skill. Maybe someone gets that soon XD

I'm pretty sure that Daz just asked Zoro if he was going to cut diamonds, but I actually wouldn't rule out the possibility of a diamond fruit user popping up sometime in the future. 'Twould make a good stepping stone for Zoro, that opponent would. Then he can put his focus on learning to slash through immaterial objects afterwards.....



And yes JINBEI, while I do share your sentiments about the level 6 pirates, I'm still equally interested in the second half of Impel Down's "two metal plates". I mean, if he's so badass that the prison staff itself decided to imprison him, then he must have some pretty crazy abilities......




Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
When I first say Shiryuu's name, my first reaction was that someone had misspelled Shinryu, especially with the moniker "...of the wind". So, that being said, I expect that he is a Zoan type: Model Dragon .


Eh.... I did have the thought of a possible dragon Zoan, but I think it might be a bit too soon to bring one into the series at this point (that type of DF user would make for a suitable New World opponent instead, wouldn't you think?). However, I guess we can't rule out the possibility of Shiryuu being another Ancient Zoan like Drake (hey, a dinosaur's kinda close to a dragon, right?)....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-04-14 at 18:56.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:00   Link #242
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The WG...who have failed to stop Dragon and Revolutionary force for at least 8 years if not longer
You act as if the WG only has them to deal with and no other powerful world power? that is not the case, do you know that the WG strongest powers are keeping the Yonkou in line?

Quote:
(btw, do you have something against cross-dressers? You have spoken of them disparagingly several times now (even calling them fruit loops and candies just now)...);
LOL, Thats what they are, you got a problem with me calling them cross dressers and candies (Which is what they are also called in the manga).

Quote:
and have failed to defeat the Yonkou over the past 20 years even thought the WG has overwhelming force on their side (what with the entire Marine corp as well as the Shichibukai)
As far as I see it, The WG hands are full keeping the Yonkou in check.
hence the WG using there strongest forces to keep them inline.

Quote:
Them finding Dragon or not is besides the point. The WG has lost every fight that we know of against Dragon's group, and the WG has been unable to defend against the Revolutionary Army. So, once again, Why hasn't the combined World Power of the World Government defeated the Revolutionary Army? Finding Dragon (whether he is hidden or not) is ultimately less important than defending your terrotories and making potentially reclaiming your missing islands (to put it another way, in a real world scenario, attacking the leader of an organization/country is ultimately secondary to fighting and defeating the armies of said leader).
Your words.

"maybe they cannot defeat them because they were too focused on the various Yonkou"

Quote:
Probably because the Revolutionaries are attempting to destroy the very 3 Party System you keep harping on about...
The WG seems like the ones to do just that.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:19   Link #243
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Robin wasn't a pirate and was a wanted person, like revolutionaries.

We know bearly nothing about Revolutionaries:

- Dragon leads them and is the most wanted man

- they "free" countries

- Iwa used to work with Dragon, but now is ID becuase he was cought or is infiltrating it for new soldiers


Besides that even my grandmother could be in their army, and she's dead... For that matter I could say that Wolcik's pirates > Whitebeard's pirates
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:37   Link #244
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
So....are there any new spoilers for this week's chapter?
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:03   Link #245
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
So....are there any new spoilers for this week's chapter?

And once again I bring up this:


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and just to remind everybody: THERE IS NO CHAPTER THIS WEEK. There'll be a chapter next week, but then we'll have an additional two-week break afterwards because of the Golden Week holiday......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:15   Link #246
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Eh.... I did have the thought of a possible dragon Zoan, but I think it might be a bit too soon to bring one into the series at this point (that type of DF user would make for a suitable New World opponent instead, wouldn't you think?). However, I guess we can't rule out the possibility of Shiryuu being another Ancient Zoan like Drake (hey, a dinosaur's kinda close to a dragon, right?)....
I simply thought it would be a great DB/Z refference (Shinryuu = Shelong = Granter of Wishes ).

That being said, since there have been other European mythological creatures appearing in this arc, maybe Shiryuu will be an European Dragon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
You act as if the WG only has them to deal with and no other powerful world power? that is not the case, do you know that the WG strongest powers are keeping the Yonkou in line?
The WG is composed of 2 distinct forces - the Shichibukai and the Marines. One organization can be used to balance the Yonkou (since supposedly 1=1=1), while the other could have invested its full attention to combating the Revolutionaries. Or are you saying the Yonkou are actually equal to both the Shichibukai and the Marines combined (which actually destroys your 3 Powers idea completly meaning that other forces could potentially become as powerful as the Powers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
LOL, Thats what they are, you got a problem with me calling them cross dressers and candies (Which is what they are also called in the manga).
No not really, rather I was commenting on the fact that any time you were mentioning them it was always in a deragatory fashion (belittling their involvement in the story, etc), so I just wanted to make sure you weren't going to far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
So....are there any new spoilers for this week's chapter?
Sorry, no chapter this week, then a chapter next week, then a two week break.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:30   Link #247
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
3 Way Power thing has a big hole in the middle.
Let's say that WG is reduced to Admirals only, and no Shichibukai has a crew, and consider each Younkou individually.
That would give us three groups of strong people: 3 people WG, 7 people Shichibukai and 4 people Younkou. Is it 3=7=4 or is it 4=3+7 or maybe 4=3+(betwen n 0 and 7)? How is that logical?

So in the world are many unnamed pirates and other criminals, and there are low ranked WG officers. They all matter, but have affection on the world, but it's the ballance of those 14 people that makes it all possible to don't go out of control.
Right?

EDIT - part of me wants to say "NO", but I'll enjoy the story anyway, because it's the best shounen manga I have ever read - and I even compare it to Berserk...
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:46   Link #248
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The WG is composed of 2 distinct forces - the Shichibukai and the Marines. One organization can be used to balance the Yonkou (since supposedly 1=1=1), while the other could have invested its full attention to combating the Revolutionaries.
You forget that the MHQ and the Seven Armed Seas are 2 conflicting groups of equal power, who both are fighting the Great Age of Piracy, As well as combating the Yonkou.

if it makes you happy, the Seven Armed Seas, also have a side job that includes attacking/prey on uncivilized lands, whether these lands are the ones Dragon is involved with is up in the air.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:24   Link #249
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And once again I bring up this:
Sorry, it was hard finding anything relating to the latest chapter while sifting through all of the Dragon vs Whitebeard debating
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:24   Link #250
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
You forget that the MHQ and the Seven Armed Seas are 2 conflicting groups of equal power, who both are fighting the Great Age of Piracy, As well as combating the Yonkou.

if it makes you happy, the Seven Armed Seas, also have a side job that includes attacking/prey on uncivilized lands, whether these lands are the ones Dragon is involved with is up in the air.
Seven Armed Seas? Are you referring to the shichibukai?
__________________
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 23:38   Link #251
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinbei
I'm sorry, what your doing here is worse then any of the travesties Phenom has committed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipskuul
See the example of your buddy Phenom, and his acts whenever the name Mihawk passes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipskuul
So does that mean you won't execute Phenom and you will let him live as your son, but you will execute me
Phenomenal is here now......
This is what happens when there's no One Piece chapter huh? It seems people in here are war hungry....

Dragon's army isn't a world power but because the Government STILL see's them as the biggest threat... *insert more canons...*

Spoiler for One Piece Yellow:

BTW, Flipskuul, show me my examples of me using a noncanonical Hawkeye's Mihawk [Or arguing against canon for that matter]? I only argued for that characters sake when info is presented wrong about that character nothing more. If I recall correctly I sure as heck STEAM-ROLLED you with those arguments as well...Yeah, the only travesties I've committed on the net is murder...Killer of fan boys and stubborn canon ignorers.

Also I can't believe my eye's of people actually ignoring Whitebeard as the most powerful pirate in the world...I expected this from Arlong Park and Naruto Forums but not members from Animesuki.

Now why don't people in here just chill out and wait for this war to happen. This war will judge EVERYONE and no doubt answer all the questions [Hopefully]! Lets all get back in the current storyline...

MarvelB, I think Shiryuu may have a devil fruit as well. Like you said he is equal to Magellan and we can't just base his abilities as a swordsman alone cause look at Law, he got a fruit and a sword. But a swordsman can be just as strong as Magellen as well....

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-04-15 at 01:16.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:06   Link #252
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τηè λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
BTW, Flipskuul, show me my examples of me using a noncanonical Hawkeye's Mihawk [Or arguing against canon for that matter]? I only argued for that characters sake when info is presented wrong about that character nothing more. If I recall correctly I sure as heck STEAM-ROLLED you with those arguments as well...Yeah, the only travesties I've committed on the net is murder...Killer of fan boys and stubborn canon ignorers.
I remember a lot more discussions on Crocodile. Mihawk just one other. And, what you were doing was not actually defending canon, rather dictating your own terms on the story, and try to force that on every other, and finishing with the kind of sentences you used at the end, to escape when the time is right for you or the mod. And, sorry I cannot go over more than hundred posts. The impression is there, and it won't appear if there is nothing out there.
Quote:
Also I can't believe my eye's of people actually ignoring Whitebeard as the most powerful pirate in the world...I expected this from Arlong Park and Naruto Forums but not members from Animesuki.
I don't care about the spam-fest based Naruto forums, but Arlong Park is formed by people who are really into One Piece, and those people are the ones who created the environment for One Piece to gain a lot more fans here in US. And I am assuming getting banned here once may translate to many times over there.....Anyways, not my problem, people who have a tendency to get banned should be more careful if they post in such forums.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:29   Link #253
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I remember a lot more discussions on Crocodile. Mihawk just one other. And, what you were doing was not actually defending canon, rather dictating your own terms on the story, and try to force that on every other.
Why would I dictate my own terms when I know Oda has already set his terms in his own story? That's what I tried to force on stubborn members such as yourself..ODA's terms in story/canon. Whether it be Croc or Mihawk it is always in story from my perspective.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
I don't care about the spam-fest based Naruto forums, but Arlong Park is formed by people who are really into One Piece, and those people are the ones who created the environment for One Piece to gain a lot more fans here in US.
Bullcrap...There's something called Television.....

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-04-15 at 01:41.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 03:44   Link #254
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Also I can't believe my eye's of people actually ignoring Whitebeard as the most powerful pirate in the world...I expected this from Arlong Park and Naruto Forums but not members from Animesuki.
We're not ignoring Whitebeard's title as the most powerful pirate in the world, we're simply arguing JINBEI's logic of "Revolutionary army is not one of the three powers, so they are weaker then Whitebeard's crew."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Who's hasn't been fighting the WG?
The Yonkou for example? Until recently, the Yonkou and WG avoided eachother. You'll note that everyone was calling the move to execute Ace an act of madness, and more importantly, a declaration of war. This means that there wasn't a war between them until this incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Again if the title of most wanted was a title for nothing but strength, it would be under Whitebeards belt for he is the strongest.
I've never claimed the title of most wanted to be one of strength. In fact, I argued against that. I'm not contesting Whitebeard's title as the strongest, I'm arguing that the Whitebeard pirates are not necisarily stronger then the revolutionary army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Are you trying to tell me that Dragon wants to send the world into choas after overthrowing the current WG?
No, I'm saying that the very act of overthrowing a government will create chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
For the simple fact, that WG are still in power, and have yet to lose big.
They've lost entire countries to Dragon. They have lost big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
The one with flawed logic is yours, for the Yonkou fight against the WGs world powers, they are not apart of the WG, yet they are apart of the World powers, that keeps the world from falling into chaos. So you can try to think up another excuse on why Dragon isn't a world power.
No they don't. The Yonkou don't fight the World Government, in fact they prefer to avoid fighting them if possible (hell, Shanks and his crew don't even pick fights to begin with). That's why the execution of Ace was called a 'declaration of war' because if forced Whitebeard to do something he otherwise would never have done: Attack the World Government.

Hell, one of the Yonkou (Kaidou I believe) even tried to stop Whitebeard.

So no, the Yonkou are not trying to fight the World Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
World Power > Non World power
No. It. Doesn't.

The World Powers are like a scale. A very wobbly scale that, if unbalanced, would cause the entire thing to collapse. The World Government and Shichibukai sit one one side of the scale, the Yonkou on the other. Neither can make a move, or the scale will collapse (hence why everyone went "Are they insane?!" when Ace's execution was anounced).

Dragon is the person kicking the scale, trying to make it collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
No, The Whitebeard Pirates are the strongest Pirate crew in all blues.
Yeah, but as others as others have pointed out, Dragon isn't a pirate.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-04-15 at 05:20.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:04   Link #255
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Yellow book is funny. He made one sentence with a character's name and then he goes and call him mysterious himself XD

Since there isn't a chapter this week, this discusion might continue till next week Oo
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 08:38   Link #256
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Smile

FOR A V.BRIEF SUMMARY SKIP TO BOTTOM OF POST

this is how the world power system in op works

in general the land is ruled by 2 opposite though not always opposing forces - The WG [MHQ + Shicunbukai] and then the Yonkou [4 Pirate FLEETS, concerned with ruling the grand line and getting to raftel as getting to raftel makes u pirate king not simply being the strongest]

then theres the Revolutionary, if they choose to be they could be enemies of both pirates and WG at the same time they are the opposing force to BOTH wg and yonkou as theyre behaivour suggests [taking over countries, which can be under mhq, 7sea or yonkou rule].

In terms of strength i wouldsay the revolutionaries are as strong as the yonkou, keep in mind dragon is aces father so by shonen law most likely alot stronger then ace who himself is a bad ass in the op world - keep in mind smoker was no match for dragon but on equal levels with ace, they also hav other bad asses like inazuma and iva who r both similar to or as strong as ace as theyre assigned prison floors suggest . That alone almost covers WB's top 3 commanders BUT the revolutonaires are an ARMY and not a pirate fleet, so it would not be likely 4 them 2 hav more equally strong members - just a few more identified members and they could officially be certified as strong as the WB pirates.

The WG's treatment of the revs also suggests that they r as strong as the yonkou if not more so. Dragon appeared 20+ yrs ago on rogers executionday [see the ep wer smoker and dragon meet] and became a potential most wanted 8 years ago and most dangerous in regards to the wg by now - NONE of the yonkou [including their fleet] hav been deemed dangerous enough to be considered as serious a threa to the WG as a whole - the 4 yonkou together whoever is a diff story - but this also means even 2 yonkou together would not be enough to destroy the WG (though the wg would surely lose alot of power in a conflict between any yonkou from the assured deaths of at least a few marines, but the hole left would allow themselves and the remaining yonkou to grow in power - which is prolly the reason theyre bating WB).

Despite this however the wg are now bating WB, this is quite a contrast to 8 years of loss to Dragons Army as far as we know - major losses at that - losses of countries they alrdy rule/loss of power would be reason enough for WG to send there best such as admirals, 7sea etc [loss of land=loss of power=death of the WG organisation itself] to sort the dudes out but ofc they havnt been sorted out yet which strongly suggests they wer strong enough to hold their own against WG's best which u should remember would also be a serious threat to yonkou.

this shows that the dragons army is able to hold its ground as well as if not more so then the yonkou as u hav to remember the yonkou arnt concerned pitting themselves against all the powers in the world as dragons army has by attempting world revolution - but rather getting to raftel and being the strongest out of the pirates out there, and possibly ruling the 2nd half of the grand line.

It should be noted though that the ruling of the 2nd half of the grand line isnt neccasserily a LOSS for the WG as they may not hav even ruled it in the first place [u cant lose wat u dont hav] - if indeed the 2nd half wasnt ruled by the wg ever then the recent events would also show the WG's lack of fear and strength vs the yonkou in comparison to dragon who has been repeatedly provoking them by taking land from there rule while they hav yet to defeat or as far as we know even slow his progress down.

In conclusion, no dragons army isnt the same as the wg or the 7sea or the yonkou, its on a level higher, a level which all 3 of the former forces should and most likely do fear [the WG do at least].

============= BRIEF SUMMARY ===========
where DA is dragons army, MHQ = Marine Headquarters 7sea= shicunbukai and WB =whitebeard pirate fleet

if WG [MHQ + 7sea] = 4Yonkou
and DA = WG [biggest threat to them blah blah, read the post again]
then DA = 4Yonkou

WB = 1 of Yonkou
as DA = 4Yonkou
WB = 1/4 of DA

if DA is threat to only MHQ it would make WB = 1/2 DA at most, as we dont know exactly what proportion the 7sea contribute to of the WG force as a whole but it couldnt be more then 1/2 as otherwise as MHQ would not hav enough power to be appointing 7sea in the first place

edit* i would argue that WG is possibly > 4 yonkou as theyre not just keeping the yonkou at bay but also consolidating ther own power in land currently ruled - which imo would prolly be of more importance to them

As for Dragon the man, he is as strong as Ace and Smoker, but probably alot stronger due to shonen law and him being aces father and such a hyped and feared character - more in the main body of the post [see Ace vs Smoker for draw and Dragon vs Smoker for pimpness]

Dragons >_ Ace/Smoker

P.S. hope to get some feed back on my first post

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-04-15 at 18:56.
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:07   Link #257
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If Dragon does have a Logia type Devil Fruit which can affect the weather, then a "arashi-arashi no mi" (Storm-Storm Fruit) would fit him to a tee - because "arashi" also has connotations like "raising havoc; laying waste; disturber".

An example usage of "arashi" I remember from other manga is Maya's nickname in The Mask of Glass, which was "butai no arashi" and was translated variously as "a storm on the stage", "the stage stormer" and also "the stage plunderer".

ie, Dragon is definitely a political storm, and at a global level. Whether he's a physical storm as well we'd have to see.


On a side note, I wonder about what the relative commonality and strength of pirates, marines, world government countries and revolutionaries will be in the "New World". All the Yonkou are there most of the time it seems, and as far as we know, none of the Shichibukai have their "base" there - Jinbei is right on the edge with the Mermaid island while Mihawk, Kuma and Blackbeard may not have any permanent "base" anywhere while Crocodile, Moria and Hancock all had their bases in the first half. Doflamingo almost certainly has a base of some kind, since he does have money generating operations but whether that's in the New World or not is unknown - he certainly has/had operations in the first half of the Grand Line. Of the Yonkou, Shanks might not have somewhere he considers a base in the New World though the others do to some degree - or at least, territories their consider their own.

Personally, I suspect that the Marine / WG / Shichibukai influence is lower in the New World, relative to the first half of the Grand Line and that pirates have a larger influence. No idea about the revolutionaries.
__________________
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:18   Link #258
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
what r evry1's thoughts and when and how the crew will get back together? also check my previous post
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 10:41   Link #259
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, so going back to current events (though my post will probably be ignored, anyway ):


No speculation on Shiryuu's abilities? When I first found out about his full title being "Shiryuu of the rain", I had the idea that it might be a hint to his possible DF power, like maybe a cloud-based Logia ability. Of course, his name could also be an allusion to his malicious nature (that is, making his victims rain blood around him), but.... I dunno, I guess I'm expecting something a bit less obvious. I mean, if he's on the same level as Magellan, then I'd expect him to possess something a little more than his mad swordsman skillz. Maybe he has a deadly DF power that makes a rather nice accompaniment to Magellan's poison (like acid, for instance).....
Yea. I, too tried to break up this pointless fight over Dragon's potency, but they just won't listen, lol. So: I'm going to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Once again, nothing but conjecture on your part. You can't prove the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries because we don't know anything about the latter. I can ask anyone who is stronger between the Whitebeard pirates and the revolutionaries and they simply wouldn't know the answer because it is currently unknown at this point. You say they "have yet to show", which only supports mine and everyone else's argument that we can't compare them yet because we haven't seen what they (revolutionaries) can do. This really isn't hard to understand.
I would rate the Whitebeards and the Revolutionaries on the same level, with the Whitebeards being a bit stronger in terms of raw potential, or power, but the Revolutionaries, I imagine are more seasoned, and are kind of like...how you would look at the SAS compared to the Us Army.

I would ewuate the Revolutionaries to the SAS. More skill, and more attention to detail, and much more care and stealth, etc. The US army is always letting all kinds of sensitive ops go wrong. They're always covering up. The British Spy Agency (MI5 etc) are just as active overseas and all around the place, as the CIA, but the CIA always gets more bad media attention because they're too careless.

That's how I would explain my stand. I don't think Dragon is any pushover, and I also believe that if Dragon wanted to, he could take out Whitebeard. Probably not in the way you just imagined, which might have been a direct confrontation, but in a more covert, hidden, Revolutionary style.

In that sense, I also respect him a lot: I find OP's retarded out-loud, brash combat style sometimes extremely illogical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm pretty sure that Daz just asked Zoro if he was going to cut diamonds, but I actually wouldn't rule out the possibility of a diamond fruit user popping up sometime in the future. 'Twould make a good stepping stone for Zoro, that opponent would. Then he can put his focus on learning to slash through immaterial objects afterwards.....
Yeah, but remember Zoro already pretty much has the principle of synchronizing with the Breath of things down pretty well. Probably the breath of Light may be a little harder to grasp than the Breath of Metal, but I don't really want of think of the Haki thing as thing that comes in static, predetermined stages.

Quote:
Eh.... I did have the thought of a possible dragon Zoan, but I think it might be a bit too soon to bring one into the series at this point (that type of DF user would make for a suitable New World opponent instead, wouldn't you think?). However, I guess we can't rule out the possibility of Shiryuu being another Ancient Zoan like Drake (hey, a dinosaur's kinda close to a dragon, right?)....
But we ARE pretty much eleven years into the manga right now, and it's almost time to move into the New World. If they don't pull out the stops now, then when ARE we going to see the biggest and Baddest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
3 Way Power thing has a big hole in the middle.
Let's say that WG is reduced to Admirals only, and no Shichibukai has a crew, and consider each Younkou individually.
That would give us three groups of strong people: 3 people WG, 7 people Shichibukai and 4 people Younkou. Is it 3=7=4 or is it 4=3+7 or maybe 4=3+(betwen n 0 and 7)? How is that logical?
Put it this way: On the World Government's side, there are the Marine Admirals + Sengoku + Marine HQ (Don't subconsciously demote HQ: they are all pretty much Commander or above, and most likely, about half of the people there might be Vice Admirals) + the Shichibukai.

On the Pirate side, there are the Yonkou. Now stop.

Those are the world powers, in a nutshell...not bothering to consider the Supernovas, and the already well established sea dogs in the New World, who would also be hiding out as Sub-Yonkou (I assume), and the Revolutionaries.

The World Powers balance out like this:

Top Tier: Sengoku, Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji = Shanks, Whitebeard, Kaidou, Yonkou 4.
(I'm not saying that all eight of these individuals are equated, but that, should all eight of them fight at the same time, I believe that they would be almost equal matches.)

Sub Tier: Mihawk, Blackbeard, Kuma = Benn Beckham etc, Jozu, Marco etc, and the officers of the other Yonkou crews.

Now from here, I make some assumptions that may not make as much sense as the ones above:

On the Whitebeard fleet, I imagine that at least for the first four Divisions, over fifty percent of all crew members would be at least Vice Admiral tier. Stop! Notice I'm being gracious, and saying that just fifty percent of the first four Divisions are Vice Admiral level. I'm SURE it's more in reality.

I think that the other Yonkou also have extremely powerful men on their crews, though Shanks' small crew leaves me in doubt, but seeing as Luffy's crew is so small, and they do so well, I think I'm justified in saying that they may be VERY strong.

So all in all: the Yonkou. each in his own individual capacity, do to an extent level off the battle field against the Marines and WG + Shichibukai.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 12:55   Link #260
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Is there a chpter this week ?No spoiler thread ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.