AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-11, 18:27   Link #21
DidCart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I really like Yui. She's an adorable mid-innocent mid-retarded character!

Probably she will shine in the future. High above expectations!

And of course, her dumb moments are hilarious!
DidCart is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 21:46   Link #22
uis
...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hekiyou Gakuen Student Council
Age: 25
I really love Yui...
THE INFINITE DOJIKKO POWER!!!!
__________________

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline  
Old 2009-04-13, 01:02   Link #23
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the Middle of Nowhere..
I love yui-chan, she's pretty funny n kawaii. ^^

Love her character, make me laugh and happy from the very start
__________________
Aoi Toori is offline  
Old 2009-04-13, 01:46   Link #24
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Dojikkos are the best, they will take over the world one day, and once they achieve that they may accidentally destroy the world.

Anyway Yui is super cute, Tsukasa, Haruka from IM@S etc. have always been my favourite.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline  
Old 2009-04-13, 20:36   Link #25
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Dojikkos are the best, they will take over the world one day, and once they achieve that they may accidentally destroy the world.

Better get on to that Veda-hogging Innovade of yours, then...
__________________
Nerroth is offline  
Old 2009-04-14, 04:58   Link #26
mir
Canta per me...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Send a message via AIM to mir
Yui triggered azumanga flashbacks for me. She's just super special =)
__________________
There is nothing to fear now...
mir is offline  
Old 2009-04-14, 06:43   Link #27
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Anime seems to depict her as worse off than her manga counterpart. But both incarnations are enough to have a person stricken with DIABEETUS.

Really, the girls kinda give me the "nakama" vibes the ones from Manabi Straight did - the whole working towards a goal thing - rather than Azumanga's laid back atmosphere.
fict_ticious is offline  
Old 2009-04-14, 09:24   Link #28
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
Yui isn't my favorite of the girls, but she's a strong second for me. To be sure, she is quite clumsy and a scatterbrain, but the second episode hinted that she's a fair bit more mature than most people seem to think she is. She's serious about wanting to be a part of the band and wants to learn the guitar so everyone can have fun. She could have easily taken the money they all worked together to get to help get her guitar, but she felt bad that her inability to settle for a less expensive instrument was forcing everyone to put off practicing for her sake. I hope we get to see more such moments from her going forward.
DJLowrider is offline  
Old 2009-04-14, 15:51   Link #29
suguru
京都 ikitai~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: massugu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Yui isn't my favorite of the girls, but she's a strong second for me. To be sure, she is quite clumsy and a scatterbrain, but the second episode hinted that she's a fair bit more mature than most people seem to think she is. She's serious about wanting to be a part of the band and wants to learn the guitar so everyone can have fun. She could have easily taken the money they all worked together to get to help get her guitar, but she felt bad that her inability to settle for a less expensive instrument was forcing everyone to put off practicing for her sake. I hope we get to see more such moments from her going forward.
I thought that was a very classy, mature move on her part too, giving the money back - definitely shows she has some character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Anime seems to depict her as worse off than her manga counterpart. But both incarnations are enough to have a person stricken with DIABEETUS.
Yeah, in real life unless you have the fastest metabolism in the world, you'd end up weighing 400 pounds eating that many sweets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Really, the girls kinda give me the "nakama" vibes the ones from Manabi Straight did - the whole working towards a goal thing - rather than Azumanga's laid back atmosphere.
That's what I'm hoping for, I loved Manabi Straight
suguru is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 01:30   Link #30
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I'd like to know why Yui knows about Detroit Metal City?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 01:33   Link #31
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Yeah, in real life unless you have the fastest metabolism in the world, you'd end up weighing 400 pounds eating that many sweets...
Hmm, well, she must have an awesome metabolism.
Amber.Dawn is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 01:40   Link #32
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'd like to know why Yui knows about Detroit Metal City?
How dare you claim that anyone can not know about DMC?! SATSUGAI SURU ZO!!!



Heh, joking aside, the Krauser reference is straight out of the original manga by Kakifly. In other words, it could be any number of possible reasons.
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 02:46   Link #33
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I think that they could have just put any metalhead looking headbanger type guy there and it would have gotten the same message across. I don't think Yui actually thought of Krauser himself or anything XD It was just an easy cameo or something along those lines I'm sure. Then again, perhaps she witnessed a certain infamous TV interview that featured DMC if anyone remember that.
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 05:57   Link #34
DidCart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The presence of Krauser in the scene is just a fan service.
DidCart is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 13:43   Link #35
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
I'm not nearly as moe as Yui is, but I can relate to her tendency to get easily distracted. That's probably why I end up sleeping late so often, since I'm doing other things besides homework.
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 19:41   Link #36
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 20
I really love Yui's voice (Or her Seiyuu's voice). I dunno, but something about it is really cute and calming :]
Mr Bland is offline  
Old 2009-04-16, 23:45   Link #37
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
The presence of Krauser in the scene is just a fan service.
Yeah, I guess that was the point I was trying to make XD

I'm just overthinking things I guess
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 04:45   Link #38
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 23
lol... was expecting to see a DMC reference.... ahh.. Yui..
__________________

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
shinryou is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 05:53   Link #39
stubby42
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK/Canada
I liked her from the get go but it was episode three that confirmed it, she's a very intelligent girl, its just she gets distracted and I can relate to that (well not the girl bit), I'd say she probably has some learning difficulties.
stubby42 is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 08:19   Link #40
DidCart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I liked her from the get go but it was episode three that confirmed it, she's a very intelligent girl, its just she gets distracted and I can relate to that (well not the girl bit), I'd say she probably has some learning difficulties.
Like I posted on episode 3 threat, I think that her problem isn`t a learning difficulties, it`s a difficulty to focus on something that she don`t like.
DidCart is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.