AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-15, 14:43   Link #241
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Pimp in disguise alert! Awran didn't accept the cloth but he ain't sayin no to that ass!
Oh he will be tapping that later on, no doubt. LoL, I do believe that we have either a true romance in the works or we have a girl with a crush and a god without a heart, either way it looks all very interesting to me.....
__________________
A member in good standing with.....


Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 16:55   Link #242
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well I figured we would get the marry the person who saved you cliche. But it was so damn obvious after Arthur mentions that the next head of the clan is the one that marries his sister. Then BAM little misses gets all dokidoki with some traces of dere dere rolled in. But Arwan was right no one considered his take on the deal. You can just decide that the evil god of destruction is going to get hitched with hearing his half of the story ARwan technically still has not said no to the marriage.

Over all im enjoying the series for what it is. I can foresee some nice battles and possibly some good duels. Tears of Tiara does give me a Utawarerumono feeling but only a little and its very subtle.

Character development is gong to be the key to this one. I have no complaints about the VA nor the animation. But it looks like we are going to get a broad range of characters. Also, they are going to have to do a pretty good at explain the mysteries behind Arwan. Also, if there is going to be romantic side stories i hope those are flushed and properly built up as well.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 17:12   Link #243
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 34
Overall though I hope we don't get too much romance, this series seems like it wants to be all about war and character development, so one romance would be okay in my book but I don't want to see it turn into a love-fest, lol. I also don't want to see the series turn into a war ridden epic that leaves any hope of getting a good story out of it behind, I don't think it will, I guess I am just over worrying a bit, but it's so good thus far I hope it remains that way throughout the entire series. Now, if only episode 3 would hurry up and make an appearence, oh how the week drags when you are thirsting for a new episode of your favorite anime. BTW, check the link in my sig if you want people!
__________________
A member in good standing with.....


Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 17:21   Link #244
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaSoldier View Post
Overall though I hope we don't get too much romance, this series seems like it wants to be all about war and character development, so one romance would be okay in my book but I don't want to see it turn into a love-fest, lol. I also don't want to see the series turn into a war ridden epic that leaves any hope of getting a good story out of it behind, I don't think it will, I guess I am just over worrying a bit, but it's so good thus far I hope it remains that way throughout the entire series. Now, if only episode 3 would hurry up and make an appearence, oh how the week drags when you are thirsting for a new episode of your favorite anime. BTW, check the link in my sig if you want people!
Im hoping as well that we get more character development and battles than romance. I dont mind the occasional humorous scenes or funny romance lines. But im hoping the series stays focused the potential for the Tears to Tirara is very high.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 17:50   Link #245
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Just watch episode 2 :

Well , its like i though , the hero is the evil god . I'd rather prefer Arthur . And the wedding ... well , even though it seems a good-average show , i drop it because i don't like the hero's character (his eyes too )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 18:11   Link #246
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Just watch episode 2 :

Well , its like i though , the hero is the evil god . I'd rather prefer Arthur . And the wedding ... well , even though it seems a good-average show , i drop it because i don't like the hero's character (his eyes too )
You don't like the hero's eyes? Good enough reason to drop the anime to me! J/K, but if you don't like the characters themselves then I guess you shouldn't watch....
__________________
A member in good standing with.....


Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 21:19   Link #247
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Pimp in disguise alert! Awran didn't accept the cloth but he ain't sayin no to that ass!
Arwan doesn't say no to any ass
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:01   Link #248
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im hoping as well that we get more character development and battles than romance. I dont mind the occasional humorous scenes or funny romance lines. But im hoping the series stays focused the potential for the Tears to Tirara is very high.
While I believe there will be some romance involved, from what I know don't expect it too much, and I think episode 3-4 will show why.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 01:23   Link #249
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im hoping as well that we get more character development and battles than romance. I dont mind the occasional humorous scenes or funny romance lines. But im hoping the series stays focused the potential for the Tears to Tirara is very high.
This was (and still is) one of my worries for the show. I hope it doesn't turn into a straight-up harem anime where each of the girls are all over the main character like kittens over catnip. Having a "harem" as a gag is fine, but I'd like there to be just one real pairing being set up.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 02:01   Link #250
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
so technically Arawn is married, should i be happy or sad for him getting a cute yet bossy wife
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 02:02   Link #251
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
Spoiler for some insignificant spoilers about the game:
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 02:40   Link #252
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Arwan doesn't say no to any ass
Arawn-sama doesn't say no to any ass
Hakuoro-san says no to every ass, but they just rape him anyways.

j/k
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 05:16   Link #253
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Overall I liked the second episode. Though that decision to marry Arawn out of the blue did make me stare at the screen with a dumbfounded expression. Honestly think she only did it to pay Arthur back for something he did a long time ago . Guess we won't be relying on her for tactics. Tell Arthur to protect the guy who can fight perfectly fine on his own instead of you who is running around dodging sword swings....yeah sure that makes sense.

Somewhat funny, but also curious how Arthur is of more interest to Arawn than Riannon is. Clearly that guy is more important to the greater scheme of things. Or he's just an interesting guy. Either way think it will be interesting to watch how Arawn and Arthur are balanced since both seem pretty important to the series. Don't think any of Arthur's concern was misplaced. I mean his sister gets kidnapped, they have to charge to the rescue, and find out your sister has lost her mind and wants to marry the guy. Talk about a rough day. Know a guy has just had enough when his yell shatters a skeleton.

Well I say bring on the war. Nothing like taking on a nation to show what you've got.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:44   Link #254
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
so technically Arawn is married, should i be happy or sad for him getting a cute yet bossy wife
Psh, I'd envy him.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:00   Link #255
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Wait im confused, so Riannon was the leader and she just made the decided herself too hand all leadership too Arawn?
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:03   Link #256
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Riannon is the daughter of the previous chieftain, and, according to their traditions, the man she would choose to marry becomes the next one. Thus, by declaring she is marrying Arawn, she is essentially making him the next chieftain of Gael tribe.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:18   Link #257
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Isint that a bit dangerous and naive, not too mention rushing it? I mean she just knew him for 2 minutes and she makes a decision that will effect alot of people so childishly?

Is she even qualified too call herself the leader after this?
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:05   Link #258
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Overall I liked the second episode. Though that decision to marry Arawn out of the blue did make me stare at the screen with a dumbfounded expression. Honestly think she only did it to pay Arthur back for something he did a long time ago . Guess we won't be relying on her for tactics. Tell Arthur to protect the guy who can fight perfectly fine on his own instead of you who is running around dodging sword swings....yeah sure that makes sense.

Somewhat funny, but also curious how Arthur is of more interest to Arawn than Riannon is. Clearly that guy is more important to the greater scheme of things. Or he's just an interesting guy. Either way think it will be interesting to watch how Arawn and Arthur are balanced since both seem pretty important to the series. Don't think any of Arthur's concern was misplaced. I mean his sister gets kidnapped, they have to charge to the rescue, and find out your sister has lost her mind and wants to marry the guy. Talk about a rough day. Know a guy has just had enough when his yell shatters a skeleton.

Well I say bring on the war. Nothing like taking on a nation to show what you've got.
Yeah, I kinda feel as if Arthur will have to live up to a legend or a destiny or something, they way Arawn was talking about him made it feel like Arthur has an exciting road ahead of him if they can make it past their current situation.
__________________
A member in good standing with.....


Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:06   Link #259
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 53
Until further information about Riannon's decision is revealed, I choose to believe that she made some deep mystical connection with Arwan while he woke her from her trance. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's the only way I can justify her rather impulsive decision at the moment. If I don't think of it that way, I just end up going whenever I think about it.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 08:08   Link #260
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Until further information about Riannon's decision is revealed, I choose to believe that she made some deep mystical connection with Arwan while he woke her from her trance. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's the only way I can justify her rather impulsive decision at the moment. If I don't think of it that way, I just end up going whenever I think about it.
I feel the same way, there had to be some kind of deep personal/mystical connection between the souls while she was in a state of trance, the only other option would be that she is just so grateful that Arawn killed her captor that she wants to devote herself to him. Either way, there is something there that needs to be explored, and I feel it will be in time.
__________________
A member in good standing with.....


Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.