AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 29 22.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 22.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-17, 05:02   Link #21
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: For great justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 3:
It's a common thing in those blizzard survival shows: Don't fall asleep or you won't wake up, cos it's hypothermia setting in.

However, the bit where
Spoiler for Ritsu:

This was the first K-ON! episode to make me laugh out loud. 9/10
__________________

qmeister is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 05:10   Link #22
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
It's a common thing in those blizzard survival shows: Don't fall asleep or you won't wake up, cos it's hypothermia setting in.

However, the bit where
Spoiler for Ritsu:

This was the first K-ON! episode to make me laugh out loud. 9/10
I'm aware of that. It's just that the timing and everything about it just left me scratching my head.
Peanutbutter is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 05:13   Link #23
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
The first minute of this episode is basically fan service of some kind (for Mio fans?) LOL
__________________
Make your own 3D Anime desktop!
ANIMATE your Windows desktop with cute Anime stuff!

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!


AnimeTheme is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 05:17   Link #24
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Naval Base
A moe scream is moe.
__________________
Kana Futayo is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 05:43   Link #25
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 34
Yui = Kelly Bundy.

Anyone who have watched the Married with Children episode where Al fed his daughter with trivia and knowledge should know why.
Sheba is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 06:49   Link #26
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yui = Kelly Bundy.

Anyone who have watched the Married with Children episode where Al fed his daughter with trivia and knowledge should know why.
Funny that you would make that connection... lol It actually somewhat fits

Love this episode. Can't decide whether Yui or Mio is my fave. I'm too much of a nonconformist to go with Mio but I'll wait before I decide
Subarunyon is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 08:19   Link #27
Code
最強の剣
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
The first minute of this episode is basically fan service of some kind (for Mio fans?) LOL
The first minute is, in fact, the quintessence of this entire episode
Code is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 08:33   Link #28
DJLowrider
Ahou ga
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 37
I have to admit, Yui is slowly winning me over here. This was another enjoyable episode where, once again, she shows that when it's really necessary she can and will buckle down and do the right thing for both her own sake and that of the club.

Highlights of this episode for me:
Spoiler for Episode 3:


Overall another solid 8/10 for me. This is definitely turning out to be an enjoyable show.
DJLowrider is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 08:57   Link #29
Pachael
原作通り
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Ritsu's certainly channelling Miu, which is great.
Pachael is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 09:32   Link #30
nj21
萌え...
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Zealand
Age: 25
One thing I found strange/funny in this episode is after Yui finished the test and the other three girls are sitting in the club room.

19:52 the sound of Mugi pouring tea begins.
19:54 you can see the cup she is pouring it into overflowing and spilling tea onto the table.
20:07 (Thats 15 seconds later) the sound of tea pouring finally stops. (With a cut to another scene I might add)

WTF?
__________________
Lain!
nj21 is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 09:36   Link #31
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Spoiler for Episode 3:
noobita is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 09:39   Link #32
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
One thing I found strange/funny in this episode is after Yui finished the test and the other three girls are sitting in the club room.

19:52 the sound of Mugi pouring tea begins.
19:54 you can see the cup she is pouring it into overflowing and spilling tea onto the table.
20:07 (Thats 15 seconds later) the sound of tea pouring finally stops. (With a cut to another scene I might add)

WTF?
I found that funny as hell, great piece of comedy gold that is

Mugi-chan's spaced out look is adorable
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now  
Old 2009-04-17, 09:55   Link #33
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Such a cute episode! ^.^

BTW, I have officially determined that Yui's sister is the most moe character in the anime. XD
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 10:08   Link #34
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Episode 3 article is up:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: K-ON!, Episode 3

Yeah, I think I'll continue coverage on K-ON!; it's only going to get better from here on. As for this episode itself, nothing much happens, but it's a fun watch all the same. 8/10.
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 10:18   Link #35
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I wish there was more plot progression. Episode 1 and 2 were full of it and this brought everything to complete standstill really.

Oh well, it was fun to watch anyway.
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 10:28   Link #36
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: For great justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Such a cute episode! ^.^

BTW, I have officially determined that Yui's sister is the most moe character in the anime. XD
I must agree! Ui is adorable.

Besides which, Ritsu = (Torako + Miu)/2 - being 12 years old. She's awesome, especially the faces she makes. ^_^
__________________

qmeister is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 10:45   Link #37
DidCart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yui = Kelly Bundy.

Anyone who have watched the Married with Children episode where Al fed his daughter with trivia and knowledge should know why.
GREAT CONNECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
BTW, I have officially determined that Yui's sister is the most moe character in the anime. XD
NO WAY!! Mio still is the most moe character in K-ON! My god! Did you see the scene before the OP? It was pure moe! Yui playing with Mio's squishy fingers! Mio asking for them to stop talking about blood! Mio trying to act as non-shy after Yui showed that there was no blood!

Great episode, but with no story progression. 8/10
DidCart is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 10:49   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
And this type of show should have a clear story progression because...?
Proto is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 10:52   Link #39
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
What a great episode!


I loved how different each phone message was - a lack of preparedness is your greatest enemy!
__________________
Nerroth is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 11:04   Link #40
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
GREAT CONNECTION!



NO WAY!! Mio still is the most moe character in K-ON! My god! Did you see the scene before the OP? It was pure moe! Yui playing with Mio's squishy fingers! Mio asking for them to stop talking about blood! Mio trying to act as non-shy after Yui showed that there was no blood!

Great episode, but with no story progression. 8/10
She doesn't have the moe look to her, though. XD

Well, time to set up a K-On! Saimoe to tell for sure.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.