AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-15, 12:40   Link #101
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
A very talented bass player no matter how she looks. Her thumb picking technique results in some beautiful chords, and when not doing that, her playing style utilizes all 4 fingers.

Here's a small excerpt from the 15 minute epic "Lost Snow" by Mono
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ms74atm5M

An instrumental post-rock band, mind you.

But that's enough shameless band promotion for now XD
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 17:13   Link #102
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
Quite possibly the most passive audience ever.
__________________
lolwut
Nappy Hared Azn is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 17:16   Link #103
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Um...weird queston....
Amber.Dawn is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 19:24   Link #104
Zarn
ナギさま~!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: カンナギタウン
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
A very talented bass player no matter how she looks. Her thumb picking technique results in some beautiful chords, and when not doing that, her playing style utilizes all 4 fingers.

Here's a small excerpt from the 15 minute epic "Lost Snow" by Mono
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ms74atm5M

An instrumental post-rock band, mind you.

But that's enough shameless band promotion for now XD
Never heard of this genre, but that was slick. I liked it!
Zarn is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 11:03   Link #105
bugal
Cereal Killer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
puni~ puni~ puni~

Gaaah! Thank you MIO for giving me a finger fetish.

Mio tsundere ratio for this weeks episode:

80% tsuntsun = 20% deredere
bugal is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 12:44   Link #106
DidCart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugal View Post
puni~ puni~ puni~

Gaaah! Thank you MIO for giving me a finger fetish.

Mio tsundere ratio for this weeks episode:

80% tsuntsun = 20% deredere
lol

The scene before the OP was pure moe!
DidCart is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 18:20   Link #107
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Puni puni episode 3 makes me wish Yui was squishing another PART or Mio mainly 2. back blush
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is online now  
Old 2009-04-17, 20:31   Link #108
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Puni puni episode 3 makes me wish Yui was squishing another PART or Mio mainly 2. back blush
These are the types of posts that make me feel out of place here XD

Perhaps I am not "hardcore" enough for this site lul
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 23:14   Link #109
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Spoiler for Ep 3:
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 23:39   Link #110
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
These are the types of posts that make me feel out of place here XD
There are fans and fans. With time and experience you just learn to ignore the posts that are well beyond your personal interests.
Proto is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 01:07   Link #111
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks XD
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 02:20   Link #112
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
I'm leaning towards liking Mio the most. It's her shyness or socially awkward behavior like getting nervous having to talk to people, (how does she plan to perfom?), that makes me think she's interesting.
5cm.per.second is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 15:13   Link #113
Criid
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cm.per.second View Post
I'm leaning towards liking Mio the most. It's her shyness or socially awkward behavior like getting nervous having to talk to people, (how does she plan to perfom?), that makes me think she's interesting.
That's why she is the bassist, although in the ending she sings...not sure how that will work out.
Criid is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 20:08   Link #114
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
Well she should play bass and sing because Yui's voice is too cute sounding and there's enough of that in my opinion. Mio's voice is more mature sounding.
5cm.per.second is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 20:50   Link #115
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
You won't know how they sound when they sing until they actually sing.
vedicardi is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 21:27   Link #116
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
I'm just going by opening and ending themes. I hope they have more songs like the ending as opposed to the opening. They're both pretty good songs, but I prefer the ending theme.
5cm.per.second is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 22:17   Link #117
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
If I'm not wrong, all of them sing the opening.
OceanBlue is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 02:00   Link #118
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
I'd rather not put much faith in using the OP and ED songs as predictions for the series proper, in my experience they don't really tell much about what may happen in the future, save for new character introductions and such. Mio singing the ED may just be that: an ED exclusive.

Though I really do wish for Mio singing in the series sooner or later
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 03:39   Link #119
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
If I'm not wrong, all of them sing the opening.
I can hear only Yui's voice, at least as the lead singer. If the others really have taken part, it's really hard to tell.
__________________
Make your own 3D Anime desktop!
ANIMATE your Windows desktop with cute Anime stuff!

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!


AnimeTheme is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 03:57   Link #120
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
I can hear only Yui's voice, at least as the lead singer. If the others really have taken part, it's really hard to tell.
It's primarily Yui with the rest of the girls doing backing vocals (more noticeable at 1:10 and 1:20).

The ED is primarily Mio with the rest of the girls doing backup, although it's easier to tell that there are other people singing in this song. And the fact that they animate Yui and Ritsu singing the backing bits kinda reinforces it.
Willen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.