AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-04-21, 11:51   Link #1
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
3.3.7 Byooshi

Author/Artist: Mitsuroh Kubo
Genre: comedy, ecchi, romance, shounen

From AnimeWaves:
By all the usual measures, he could be considered a pretty useless guy: a scholastic failure, an athletic disaster, and a chronic loser...but Fukuda Shinichi has one passion: cheering for others!

The 18-year-old captain of North Kanto Southern High's Cheerleading squad decides to make the most of his summer by attending cram school in Tokyo, only to find out that the whole trip was a sham! Things are looking up when he and his friend meet up with two cute Tokyo girls; too bad the girls brought them to a rip-off bar and took off! Ditched by his one remaining friend and stuck with an impossibly high bar bill, Fuku-kun's life couldn't get any worse!

But just then he gets saved by Ume, his role model and former cheerleading squad captain! What is he doing in Tokyo...and why does everyone around seem to know and respect him? Without anywhere else to go, Fuku-kun decides follow Ume to his job, only to discover that...he's a male gigolo?!? Fukuda's summer of cheering others on has begun...and the streets of Tokyo's red-light district will never be the same!

It seems like cheerleading in manga is starting to grow on me. First, Dragon Girl(which had an annoying male protagonist =_=), then Go! Tenba Cheerleaders, and now this. The story and the art style isn't anything special. The actual premise is about how the main char, Fukuda, uses his cheers and energetic/optimistic personality to encourage and help others. I like how Fukuda goes around with his cheerful spirit and motivates others. Ume, Mao, and Hidoki, the 3 supporting chars that are part of the gigolo/nightclub, are pretty entertaining to watch, esp when they're all together; there's always some amusing antics going on. I like the way Fukuda gets acquainted with different girls every other arc, since it mildly gives it that harem feel w/o the actual harem. There are hints at romance btw Fukuda and at least 1 of the girls he 'saved', but only small development in that regard thus far in what's translated.

Spoiler for chp 17:

Ugh, that sure was a poor synopsis. Sorry, I've been writing a paper, I just don't feel like making it sound good =_=.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote