AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-12, 23:28   Link #1
Shoobie

Strange BT problem

Hey guys. I've been coming to AS for a few months, but never checked out the forums. I'm hoping that you guys can help me with a problem I'm having. I generally download multi-file torrents, so I usually just start the download and leave to go do something else. But recently, I've noticed that when I come back, the download isn't downloading at all (or uploading for that matter; 0kb/s all across the board). Sometimes this is after a few hours, sometimes a few minutes. I've tried the ABC client and BitTornado, and I have the same problem. BTW, the 'official' BT client refused to work at all. I'd DL a torrent, but nothing would open up. I haven't bothered to try it again. Anyone have any advice?

Heh heh, just noticed the great smilies this place has. This get's a big from me.
Shoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 00:26   Link #2
machinistchild

Send a message via MSN to machinistchild
Lightbulb

i got the same problem a couple times before and somtimes i get a message saying somthing about error with the tracker. and it usally is more than one that says it. or it stays at 1kib/s and never goes anywere. i only use the original bittorent client. the only thing you can do is search for the same thing at a different place. or when downloading one it's fine two is good two but it goes screwy after three multi-downloads. the third one hands at 0 or 1 kib/s. sometimes i can quit and restart the torrent and get it at 2 to 4 kib/s but it usally hangs at 1 untill one of the three finishes and is turned off before it really start going. so i don't know if that helps a bit but that's my story.
machinistchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 02:16   Link #3
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

have u tried restarting your download? or even check if there are any seeds at all for the batch file you were downloading?... the problem could just be a poorly seeded torrent (usually for the older stuff)...
Old 2004-06-13, 11:57   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobie
Hey guys. I've been coming to AS for a few months, but never checked out the forums. I'm hoping that you guys can help me with a problem I'm having. I generally download multi-file torrents, so I usually just start the download and leave to go do something else. But recently, I've noticed that when I come back, the download isn't downloading at all (or uploading for that matter; 0kb/s all across the board). Sometimes this is after a few hours, sometimes a few minutes. I've tried the ABC client and BitTornado, and I have the same problem. BTW, the 'official' BT client refused to work at all. I'd DL a torrent, but nothing would open up. I haven't bothered to try it again. Anyone have any advice?

Heh heh, just noticed the great smilies this place has. This get's a big from me.
If you download doesn't start from the beginning: Could be a Firewall and/or Router issue

If the download stagnate after a while, it might be that either a poor torrent (=few seeds/peers) or you are connected to too many peers and seeds at once (this might kill your connection). If you are using Azureus, you might want to check out the guide I wrote to see how to reduce the number of connections or to make it short I'll just copy and paste the instructions here:

Transfer Tab

Spoiler for Screenshot3:Transfer:

The relevant part is at the bottom and in bold although the stuff above that is useful, too.

Oh, and welcome on board ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinistchild
i got the same problem a couple times before and somtimes i get a message saying somthing about error with the tracker. and it usally is more than one that says it. or it stays at 1kib/s and never goes anywere. i only use the original bittorent client. the only thing you can do is search for the same thing at a different place. or when downloading one it's fine two is good two but it goes screwy after three multi-downloads. the third one hands at 0 or 1 kib/s. sometimes i can quit and restart the torrent and get it at 2 to 4 kib/s but it usally hangs at 1 untill one of the three finishes and is turned off before it really start going. so i don't know if that helps a bit but that's my story.
This sounds like a "too many connections" problem. See above to see how to solve the issue.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 20:00   Link #5
Shoobie

I've tried restarting the download, and it still gives me problems. And it also happens with torrents from allover the place. Sometimes even with new and popular releases. I'll take a look at what you posted, _Sin_. Thanks!
Shoobie is offline   Reply With Quote