AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-10, 05:53   Link #1
Kamui sama

OGM playback woes

I'm having trouble with sound when playing OGM files. I'm using media player classic, with FFdshow-alpha installed. I'm only getting video, with no sound, and I'm told to set my settings to VMR7 renderless or VMR9 renderless and reload the file when I try to load up the subtitles even though it's already set to VMR9 renderless. I get an error message when I load up the file that seems to say it can't decode the stream of data that's the sound. I seem to have followed the media configureation guide correctly, but I can't figure out what I did wrong.
Old 2004-06-10, 08:08   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui sama
I'm having trouble with sound when playing OGM files. I'm using media player classic, with FFdshow-alpha installed. I'm only getting video, with no sound, and I'm told to set my settings to VMR7 renderless or VMR9 renderless and reload the file when I try to load up the subtitles even though it's already set to VMR9 renderless. I get an error message when I load up the file that seems to say it can't decode the stream of data that's the sound. I seem to have followed the media configureation guide correctly, but I can't figure out what I did wrong.
I can playback OGM perfectly fine. These are the codecs I'm using with Windows Media Player 9:
ffdshow-alpha build 2003-05-23 (The Media Configuration Guide links to a newer file. Can't comment on the new file because I'm downloading it at the moment)
OggDS (stated as not needed with Media Player Classic)

[Unneeded to playback most anime and OGM files]
XviD Koepi's build I installed this one because it is the best XviD build IMO and I need a non ffdshow codec to operate Virtual Dub. Again: Not a necessity for you.

Try uninstalling every codec and reinstalling them in that order. Hopefully that will solve your playback problems.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-06-10 at 08:42.
Old 2004-06-10, 09:13   Link #3
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
The fact that you get video and subtitles but no audio would indicate that you are lacking a Vorbis audio decoder.

EDIT: the link does not seem to work. I've put the file up on my own website for the time being.

Last edited by Cruzz; 2004-06-10 at 09:23.
Old 2004-06-10, 11:09   Link #4
Kamui sama

I uninstalled everything, then reinstalled mplayer classic, then FFd-show. Nothing changed. I tried the old FFd-show codec, after uninstalling mine, and there was no real effect. I then installed Ogg DS, and got en error message that closed the player when I tried to play the file. It worked normally(picture, no sound or subs) once I uninstalled it. I then Tried Koepi's Xvid, and noticed that the picture was a bit better, and will keep that codec(sond and subs still aren't there).
Next I tried the Vorbis sound decoder. I got an error message when I tried to play the file causing the progrm to close, but it was restored after I uninstalled it.

Oh, and here's the error that pops up in the player when I get picture w/o sound or subs, if anyone knows how to interpret it.
"Stream 1

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {8D2FD10B-5841-4A6B-8905-588FEC1ADED9}
formattype: Unknown GUID Name {B36E107F-A938-4387-93C7-55E966757473}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 8192
cbFormat: 3936

Media Type 1:
--------------------------
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {CDDCA2D5-6D75-4F98-840E-737BEDD5C63B}
formattype: Unknown GUID Name {6BDDFA7E-9F22-46A9-AB5E-884EFF294D9F}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 8192
cbFormat: 24"
Old 2004-06-10, 11:35   Link #5
Cruzz
Europeon

Try playing the file with VideoLan

Also, I just tested the installer that I put up on my site and it definitely works. Something screwy is going on with your codecs

About those stream information things: the other one is vorbis, the other one vorbis2 (basically the same thing). What version of MPC are you using? (<6.4.7.0 can't handle vorbis2 mediatype)

Last edited by Cruzz; 2004-06-10 at 16:25.
Old 2004-06-10, 13:08   Link #6
Kamui sama

Thank you, videolan does work for me fine. Also my computer is an old piece of junk, and probably has no bussiness trying to play video files(that should explain all the stupid problems it gives me), but like an old jalopy it'll work fine if you work at it and give it a few kicks, the stupid piece of junk. Oh, and the sfv files wear the sub files, correct, or did I forget something?
Old 2004-06-10, 13:31   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Thank you, videolan does work for me fine. Also my computer is an old piece of junk, and probably has no bussiness trying to play video files(that should explain all the stupid problems it gives me), but like an old jalopy it'll work fine if you work at it and give it a few kicks, the stupid piece of junk. Oh, and the sfv files wear the sub files, correct, or did I forget something?
The .sfv files don't carry the sub files. It stores the checksum of your file(s) and can be used with an appropiate program to check if your download is fine or corrupted. Since BT clients do that on their own, including .sfv files are redundant IMO.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Old 2004-06-10, 14:16   Link #8
Kamui sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
The .sfv files don't carry the sub files. It stores the checksum of your file(s) and can be used with an appropiate program to check if your download is fine or corrupted. Since BT clients do that on their own, including .sfv files are redundant IMO.
Oh. Well, time to go digging for what I'm missing. Thank you for your help.
Edit: I now realize I know nothing about the functions of ogm files and subtitles. Are the subtitles sometimes included in the ogm file, or is it always in a seperate file? What about using said subtitles in videolan? I tried the homepage's documentation, and didn't find anything very helpful(of course, I could have looked in all the wrong places).
Edit: I got the subs to work. All in all, everythings working fine. Thank you both for your help.

Last edited by Kamui sama; 2004-06-11 at 04:06.
Old 2004-06-13, 20:34   Link #9
Scifience
高校生

Download VLC:

http://www.videolan.org/

It has everything you need included in the player. It played all my OGM files with no additional software needed.
Closed Thread