AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-12, 07:37   Link #1
TaKuMi_SaN

I'm sorry but idk where to ask this question

Sry for asking it here but there was no other place that would fit the question im gonna ask. Pls answer me anyway. Does anyone know if Bit Torrent 3.4.2 is any good?
Old 2004-06-12, 07:50   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKuMi_SaN
Sry for asking it here but there was no other place that would fit the question im gonna ask. Pls answer me anyway. Does anyone know if Bit Torrent 3.4.2 is any good?
The official BT client isn't any good IMO. You might want to check out Azureus. (Follow the link in my sig)
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 18:27   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well since _Sin_ is hyping his favorite I'll whore for BitTornado. Honestly Azureus is a good client, I just like BitTornado better. It's also easier to use.

I'll even go so far as to say that the official client isn't bad... It's just way too short on features. Of course if you have an asymetrical connection you will need to get one of the two we recommend, but that is a subject discussed at length in other threads.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 11:44   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Well since _Sin_ is hyping his favorite I'll whore for BitTornado. Honestly Azureus is a good client, I just like BitTornado better. It's also easier to use.

I'll even go so far as to say that the official client isn't bad... It's just way too short on features. Of course if you have an asymetrical connection you will need to get one of the two we recommend, but that is a subject discussed at length in other threads.
Aw, isn't that kinda mean because the users tend to take the word of mod over the word of a "normal" user
Umm, you don't happen to be in a need for a AnimeSuki & Technology Mod? ^_^
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-06-13, 16:15   Link #5
TaKuMi_SaN

Thanks guys i might try them out.
Old 2004-06-13, 16:30   Link #6
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I'll also throw my chips in with BitTornado.

and so Sin dosn't cry wolf, I am just a regular member

I just prefer it its simple and elegant. I prefer K.I.S.S. to anything else, anyways.

[K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple, Stupid]
Old 2004-06-13, 16:33   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I'll also throw my chips in with BitTornado.

and so Sin dosn't cry wolf, I am just a regular member
Hah, you are most likely paid by NSW to state that or you are NSW with another account

On topic: Why is Azureus more complicated than Bittornado?

Old 2004-06-14, 02:54   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The reason that Azureus is more complicated is that it took me 30 seconds to fully configure BitTornado to work the way I like it, as opposed to the 5 minutes that it took me to configure Azureus. Since I am extremely savvy when it comes to configuring programs I would not be surprised if many people don't do as well. I would not be surprised if some couldn't work their way through Azureus' poorly organized configuration screen even with the help of your excellent FAQ.

Not only is BitTornado easier to use, but I also have a great deal more control over how much of my upload bandwidth is being used for each torrent. This is useful when I am downloading several torrents at once and there is one that I want to be downloaded first; a not uncommon situation.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 06:58   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
The reason that Azureus is more complicated is that it took me 30 seconds to fully configure BitTornado to work the way I like it, as opposed to the 5 minutes that it took me to configure Azureus. Since I am extremely savvy when it comes to configuring programs I would not be surprised if many people don't do as well. I would not be surprised if some couldn't work their way through Azureus' poorly organized configuration screen even with the help of your excellent FAQ.
I just downloaded and installed BitTornado which didn't show that many improvements since Shad0ws Experimental Client (which is the predecessor of BitTornado, isn't it?)
It doesn't offer Plug-Ins like Azureus can, nor does it open multiple torrents in only one window which is kinda annoying. Normally I just download the .torrent files and let them queue in Azureus (like I did when I was gone for more than a week - just imagine 20 instances of BitTornado opened O_o ). More over, this client isn't as aggressive in connecting to new peers than Azureus is which could slow down your speed.

Quote:
Not only is BitTornado easier to use, but I also have a great deal more control over how much of my upload bandwidth is being used for each torrent. This is useful when I am downloading several torrents at once and there is one that I want to be downloaded first; a not uncommon situation.
You can queue and prioritize in Azureus, too. The only thing that remains is that Azureus remains more complicated to use at first, but if you know what you are doing, Azureus should be prefered over BitTornado at all times.