AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-01, 00:39   Link #221
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I wasn't calling "hints of" a category O_o. This series, for me, has no category until a word is made to claim it's both shounen and shoujo. I'm saying that despite it's questionable category, I see hints of BL, and that in itself makes me happy, especially because I can tell that this manga hints more so than other series and BL pairings I like do.

Also, I wasn't referring to you being homophobic, I was referring to Cheesie.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 02:25   Link #222
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
I should, and Natsuki can back this up, be the last person you should refer to as homophobic.

Although Loveless isn't primarily a yaoi/BL series, the label is firmly attached on anyway as the bulk of the story is firmly supported by the two men's relationship. 07-Ghost, on the other hand, is in a completely different league. A more accurate assessment of these 'hints' of 07-ghost would be fanservice, if going by fandoms' definition, and, by default, as 11strikes puts it, it's only there if you want it to be. The claim that two men wake up naked together in bed sounds more scandalous and overblown, when it's really largely innocent if taken into context, much like most of the other scenes. Unless it becomes distracting, or becomes a validated theme in the plot, then it's mild, meaningless, and in good fun. Personally, I get a kick out of seeing men here squirm at the slightest display of these friendships, as yes, friendships do exist between men...

Quote:
It either is or it isn't. "Hints of" is not a category unless you're in fujoshi-mode.
I wouldn't phrase it that way, but that's the basic idea.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 02:28   Link #223
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
... Uh... WHAT?! Cheesie, the delusional yaoi fangirl who declares herself as a Queen, which effectively got shot down by her mates a homophobic?

Certainly, miss, you are gravely mistaken. She watches Ai no Kusabi, for your information, fangirled and ranted to me about some canon BL or slash pairings at the same time and still trying to convert me into watching and reading some of yaoi mangas or converting me out of Mikage/Teito to... Other better pairings, in her opinions. (To cheesie: I'm still supporting Mikage, even though my favourite has shifted greatly What can you do to a shameless fangirl that shipped 3Ps rather crazily? XD)

And she did write that she has been reading 99% of yaoi genre... Which is still a failure she made because she never touches any BL games now

What she meant is that the subtext doesn't exist-it's just what we define as hints i.e. none existing subtext that can be magnified if we got the right imagination. BL elements doesn't really exist in 07-Ghost, but 'close' male relationship (Read: Non-romantical... As of now) that will lead into developments of characters do exist. This is what the manga or anime watcher who claim that there is a BL elements in the series fails to realize, that these BL elements are actually only accidental hints and relationships that got exaggerated by unfortunately us yaoi fangirls.

But that aside, no one is certainly forbiding others to slash the characters of course, as long as they find the interactions interesting. This, though, doesn't make the BL element exist, since the materials we are using to slash the characters only exist in our own viewpoint of interpretation. (Although with the author being a former yaoi doujinka, we do see more... Accidental hints to be sure ) Unless someone certainly declared love or have explicit (not hinted) kissing scene to same gender, I see no point in labelling this series as BL

EDIT: Oh, cheesie has already pointed her un-homophobic-ness I see~ XD

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 02:37   Link #224
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
converting me out of Mikage/Teito to... Other better pairings, in her opinions. (To cheesie: I'm still supporting Mikage, even though my favourite has shifted greatly What can you do to a shameless fangirl that shipped 3Ps rather crazily? XD)
Natsu, oddly enough, I don't really support any pairings here in the series, so I certainly don't remember trying to convert you. I do remember ragging on about Mikage, although I suppose I should shift most of the tirade to the writers. But that's another story entirely, and I'm watching this show for the action and Frau alone anyway, as the man is made of good stuff.
Old 2009-05-01, 02:43   Link #225
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Natsu, oddly enough, I don't really support any pairings here in the series, so I certainly don't remember trying to convert you. I do remember ragging on about Mikage, although I suppose I should shift most of the tirade to the writers. But that's another story entirely, and I'm watching this show for the action and Frau alone anyway, as the man is made of good stuff.
Indeed, you are trying to make Mikage get out of my list of slash pairings with the rants, which to me translated a bit to converting me out of Mikage pairings Seems like I kind of forgotten that you only fangirled about Frau, not any pairings in particular when I typed that comment. (That and my misconception that you are secretly trying to convert me into FrauxTeito when you fangirled about Frau. Gotta be careful later when I come to IRC~)

(Though it's a rarity that you do not support any pairings when Frau is being an awesome man... But I can of understand it with Labrador being my favourite of the trio but I never paired him off with anyone XD)

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-05-01 at 02:56.
Old 2009-05-01, 07:48   Link #226
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ cheesie being homophobic.

Quote:
Natsu, oddly enough, I don't really support any pairings here in the series,
Weren't you a big fan of "that" pairing? You know which one :EE
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 12:27   Link #227
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
can i claim this one ?

Well stay with manga plot maybe not wise decision too, because this anime only planned for 26 episode.
I hope for this series follow the plot of manga too, but if not, i can always switch to the manga
Of course, go ahead ^o^

Well, I'm at least hoping for them to present us as much manga material as possible. But since the manga is ongoing it will probably have an anime ending..Unless the series gets really popular and calls in for a second season. (which would be awesome)
Old 2009-05-01, 15:41   Link #228
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Cheesie: Sorry, but in your previous post it sounded like you were pretty much saying that anything to do with BL or yaoi is bad and that you don't like it. That's how I read it, anyway.

@Natsu:

Spoiler for for manga:
Old 2009-05-01, 17:40   Link #229
11strikes
before midnight

I don't think anyone who willingly follows this series is really homophobic. It's probably a good idea to try and read more carefully into the nuances of a person's phrasing before putting words in her mouth. I'm not attacking anyone here - just wanting to clear things up a bit.

Asserting that 07 Ghost is not a BL series is not a sign of homophobia. It's a categorical thing. For example, I don't think Coca Cola counts as a dairy product. This has no bearing whatsoever on how I actually feel about dairy products in general. Makes sense, right?

Some informal references, in case anyone is interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genre
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10468

You don't have to agree with Anime News Network's classifications, but I do think they tend to be pretty spot-on. Readers and viewers are free to speculate, but after a certain point, there's really no point to it. I'd want move onto another subject, like... "Why is Frau such a hot character... with such a @#$% godawful name?"

XDDD
11strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 17:57   Link #230
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11strikes View Post
"Why is Frau such a hot character... with such a @#$% godawful name?"

XDDD
Okay...

A tall, smart, sensitive blond with an attitude. The name prob contributed to him getting the attitude part.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:01   Link #231
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
@Natsu:

Spoiler for for manga:
Spoiler for tl;dr, Manga again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11strikes View Post
I'd want move onto another subject, like... "Why is Frau such a hot character... with such a @#$% godawful name?"

XDDD
At least it's better than Labrador... Which makes me think of a dog, of all things...

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-05-01 at 22:34.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:46   Link #232
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Natsu:

Spoiler for manga stuff:
Old 2009-05-01, 23:09   Link #233
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
@Natsu:

Spoiler for manga stuff:
Spoiler for Manga Again:

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-05-01 at 23:58.
Old 2009-05-02, 06:38   Link #234
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Weren't you a big fan of "that" pairing? You know which one :EE
Yes to a darling het pairing - I've almost forgotten about that.

To move the thread away from dangerous spoiler territory, I'd like to propose a discussion about interesting topics like the death gods, or perhaps Frau's deathly combo of being awesome and causing the hearts of men and women everywhere to flutter.
Old 2009-05-02, 09:59   Link #235
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
To move the thread away from dangerous spoiler territory, I'd like to propose a discussion about interesting topics like the death gods, or perhaps Frau's deathly combo of being awesome and causing the hearts of men and women everywhere to flutter.
That only lasted for one post before. Are you guys sure you can sustain it a bit longer?
Old 2009-05-02, 10:14   Link #236
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That only lasted for one post before. Are you guys sure you can sustain it a bit longer?
As long as my fingers don't act up again~ (Which is pretty much a yes for sometime now. I prefer fangirling over my new shiny Drama CD that just delivered 2 hours ago Yusa-san~~)

The fun thing that I need to note though that it seems like no fujoshis females here interested in claiming the bishies. Errr, yet.

And Frau causing men's heart to flutter...? cheesie, leave your inner yaoi imagination in front of the door and stop worshipping Frau too much! (For me though, I'll just wait until someone finally can confirm the 7 Ghosts official romanization. Just figure out how much you hate Engrish. Or Germanized Japanese in this series. )

Old 2009-05-02, 11:50   Link #237
11strikes
before midnight

Speaking of Frau, I hope the anime gets at least as far as chapter 16. Flashbacks ftw. Without spoiling too much, my favorite lines are, without a doubt:
Spoiler:

But back to the anime: how do you guys feel about the OP and ED? For me, the opening animation is OK, but the whiny violin synth kind of turned me off from the start. XD;; OP sounds like it's trying to be hardcore with the driving e-guitar, but at the same time, e-guitar is mixed down so low the whole song just kind of gives off that mushy, generic j-rock feel, yeah? So, nothing special there, I thought. The ED does a little better, with the pretty choral fills and all that. The slightly extended version at the end of epsiode 3 has a nice mellow intro, calming and atmospheric. I wouldn't mind downloading a full version of this and leaving it on loop.

Any favorite seiyuus make an appearance in this cast for you? Any new favorites? Any character whose voice doesn't really seem to fit so far?

Also, as far as fandom goes: it seems like the most popular "pairings" right now are Mikage/Teito and Frau/Teito. Although there isn't much in the way of fanart or fanfiction, it can be exciting to contribute early on and get established in a fresh fandom. I wonder if anyone here is looking forward to that, or is already hard at work on that crazy, 15000+ multi-chapter AU deathfic. Interestingly, I saw a request for Frau+Castor friendship fic the other day over here at http://community.livejournal.com/fic_on_demand/--that's right, gen. So if any creative people here do tend to shy away from the lovey-lovey stuff, there is still a market in this fandom for you.
Old 2009-05-02, 16:26   Link #238
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@11: I'm actually holding the hope that once Hakuren is introduced and established in the anime that the amount of TeitoxHakuren fanfics will spike upward. Because right now, on FF.Net, there are about 22 fics for 07-Ghost, only two of them have anything to do with my OTP and both of those fics are K rated ;-;.

I might just have to contribute a fic....
Old 2009-05-02, 18:38   Link #239
11strikes
before midnight

Quote:
@11: I'm actually holding the hope that once Hakuren is introduced and established in the anime that the amount of TeitoxHakuren fanfics will spike upward. Because right now, on FF.Net, there are about 22 fics for 07-Ghost, only two of them have anything to do with my OTP and both of those fics are K rated ;-;.

I might just have to contribute a fic....
Hahaha, I know what you mean Kirvee. Sigh... I would be more than happy to contribute to that spike myself.
Old 2009-05-02, 19:34   Link #240
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow Mikage...he is awesome and possibly the best friend anyone could ever have for not cracking under since extreme situations...too bad it seems like he will be getting it from mr big evil for not coming over to the dark side.
So finally being able to catch up with ep 4, I have to say that this was yet another surprising series to this new season with it being quite an entertaining series to watch. So far I don't get much yaoi vibes from this and neither do I think that it is anything like that other than fan overthinking a bit to much. Still you know, they are bishies ^^'
Surprisingly though, this seems very much like an underrated series for this season which is a shame...as on an enjoyment level, this series is pretty much on par with more popular ones like Regios.

I will be looking forward to more from this series and more from Lazet (who is just damn right adorable! ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy