AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-10-21, 15:37   Link #1
Nolan Void
Discordian Game Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nolan Void
Katsu

By the same fella that made Touch

same old school art, great storytelling.

slow paced love story, only this time, a boxing story!

not bad

if you want Hajimi no Ippo, this aint it, but its very very good in its own way

http://www.manga-daisuki.com/index.p...ject&pid=Katsu
Nolan Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 15:50   Link #2
stpehen
kisses for all

Katsu blows Ippo away, IMO. Not Adachi's best, but that might just be because I need something extra to make a series about boxing worthwhile. Still, it's no slouch compared to his other heavyweight manga.
Old 2004-10-21, 19:41   Link #3
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i like katsu i've enjoyed reading it so far but i think that it has it's pros and cons in comparision to ippo, imo i prefer ippo to it, but never the less that doesn't make katsu anything less than a very good manga.

the story is very interesting with many twists
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-21, 20:07   Link #4
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
i like katsu i've enjoyed reading it so far but i think that it has it's pros and cons in comparision to ippo, imo i prefer ippo to it, but never the less that doesn't make katsu anything less than a very good manga.

the story is very interesting with many twists
Spoiler:
i seem to recall thats like the next match or something.
and this manga kicks major posterior!
it seems so.... not funny but its funny too.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 08:57   Link #5
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

I think it's pretty good, but I still prefer Hajime no Ippo.
Old 2004-11-02, 06:37   Link #6
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Seeing that the Manga has extended beyond 12 volumes, is it reasonable to think that they'll make an anime out of it? I love all of Adachi's work, well the ones that I've read anyway (Touch, Miyuki, Hiatari Ryoukou, and H2) and most of his longer works have been animated. It's a pity that I wasn't born early enough to appreciate Miyuki and Touch.

But since Katsu is fairly new, should by chance that it also gets animated, I'll finally have my chance to watch an Adachi adapted anime from beginning to end.
Old 2004-11-03, 00:40   Link #7
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Seeing that the Manga has extended beyond 12 volumes, is it reasonable to think that they'll make an anime out of it? I love all of Adachi's work, well the ones that I've read anyway (Touch, Miyuki, Hiatari Ryoukou, and H2) and most of his longer works have been animated. It's a pity that I wasn't born early enough to appreciate Miyuki and Touch.

But since Katsu is fairly new, should by chance that it also gets animated, I'll finally have my chance to watch an Adachi adapted anime from beginning to end.
I'm a little confused about a thing or two here. Are you saying you like Touch and Miyuki but not the anime adaptations? Not that I mind, it's just not clearly stated.

And I wouldn't find that quite so confusing if it wasn't for this other thing where you seem to be interested in seeing an adaptation of Katsu.

It's not clear to me what a contemporary adaptation of Adachi's works would have to offer that the old ones didn't, except that the soundtrack might be more up-to-date. I would be surprised if Katsu was animated.
Old 2004-11-03, 02:23   Link #8
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Actually if anything, I love the fact that a lot Adachi's mangas were animated. It's just that at the time they were showing, either I have yet to exist or I was still wearing diapers. Nowadays it's just not easy getting any of his animated stuff anymore. Even though H2 is newer compared to the other animes, it's still hardly accessible. Since I'm a huge fan, I would love to finally see an adaption of his from beginning to end.

Why would you be surprised if Katsu was animated? It's still a fairly popular manga in Shonen Sunday from what I've gathered, and Mitsuru Adachi, like Rumiko Takahashi will always have an audience.
Old 2004-11-05, 00:56   Link #9
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I just think that as far as anime goes, the time for this sort of thing has come and gone. I kind of wish it weren't true, but that's what I think. Adachi hasn't had anything adapted for years now. I don't remember any sort of romance manga being adapted since Boys Be in 2000.
Old 2004-11-05, 03:24   Link #10
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Yeah, you could be right about that. In the past, almost every Adachi manga is adapted into the screen one way or another. But I believe H2 was the last one, and that happened almost ten years ago. I'm still pretty hopeful though. From the looks of things, Katsu seems to be heading into the 20+ volume territory. Who knows? It could be that animation studios won't pick this up yet until they'll know that a definite ending is coming. With the way the plot is going, I'm really looking forward to a fantastic continuation. A whole new group of villains, a promise to keep, and revenge on the side.

Tell you what, if this manga ever gets picked up by a studio, I'll buy you some sake.
Old 2006-02-26, 17:59   Link #11
Budweineken
Crap

I just finished reading this. Sad that only 16 Volumes were done, this could've certainly gone for more. I liked it nonetheless. The last chapters were awesome, still I would've loved if more time would've been spent on polishing the Katsuki's relationship.
Old 2008-03-02, 22:00   Link #12
LCeh

Just finished this one a few days ago. This one is quite romantically developed compared to other Adachi's works, since he likes to keep things very subtle. The story was quite similar to his other works, but the ending felt a little abrupt compared to his other ones.

But overall I enjoyed this really much since I always thought his romantic relationships had always been too subtle, but this one was just right.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 03:36   Link #13
KatsuKy
Trolls hater

Send a message via Yahoo to KatsuKy
I don't know why I just really love this manga, probably because the main female character is my favourite of all girls in manga, strong, cute, witty, I really wish I were Satoyama.
About the animating I think It's because Adachi's works are not easy to animate, Especially the silent moments that make people think.
KatsuKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 06:57   Link #14
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ah it isn't really important for this to get an adaption. Why go trough the trouble to butcher this series. It's pretty good the way it is. While not anything mind blowing. It puts a smile on your face. Anything that puts a smile on your face is worth experiencing.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 06:39   Link #15
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Well, I've been in an Adachi binge, ever since being exposed to his work via the Cross Game anime, and I have to say I scrumptiously loved this series.
Spoiler for Romantic developments and Ending impressions:

And, seeing as Cross Game got an anime, I could see this getting at least the OVA treatment. I'd watch it, for sure.

Last edited by BetoJR; 2009-05-07 at 18:36. Reason: Spelling
BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote