AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-13, 19:42   Link #21
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I used to use the Nimo Codec Pack, but after I found out all I really needed was ffdshow, I uninstalled ALL of my codecs, then reinstalled ffdshow.
And it still does not play? Could be that parts of the damn Codec Pack remained, but I don't think so. Did you leave every box checked when installing ffdshow? Well, you could always try out VLC and see if it solves your problem. (Did you do exactly what the thread starter did?)
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-13, 20:14   Link #22
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 28
I checked every single box when I installed ffdshow. I still get the problem.

I tried it out on vlc, and while it plays WITHOUT video slowdown, and the the video is synced with the audio, now it's a matter of being able to see the whole thing. It might be my processor, but you know when everything's playing fine, but once in a while a frame gets frozen while the audio keeps going, but eventually the the video will catch back up? Well this is happening more consistently with #33. I tried #32 on vlc, and it played fine.

I checked to see if it was an incomplete file, BT told me otherwise. I moved the file to a different hard drive to see if fragmentation or the hard drive in general was the problem, and there was no change.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 06:23   Link #23
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I checked every single box when I installed ffdshow. I still get the problem.

I tried it out on vlc, and while it plays WITHOUT video slowdown, and the the video is synced with the audio, now it's a matter of being able to see the whole thing. It might be my processor, but you know when everything's playing fine, but once in a while a frame gets frozen while the audio keeps going, but eventually the the video will catch back up? Well this is happening more consistently with #33. I tried #32 on vlc, and it played fine.

I checked to see if it was an incomplete file, BT told me otherwise. I moved the file to a different hard drive to see if fragmentation or the hard drive in general was the problem, and there was no change.
You got a screenshot of GSpot analyzing #33 for me to look into?
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-16, 03:00   Link #24
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 28
I don't have an image, I have no webspace to put it on currently.

I was talking to a friend on some other forums. My system clock is very poor for this sort of thing, and my RAM, and Video Card aren't that great either.

The chance that uninstalling Nimo doesn't fully remove the codecs is probably good, so that might be a problem as well.

Oh well, I can just live with it for now.
__________________
Timeless Enigma is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 00:58   Link #25
chibilyn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
My problem with this episode is that the video is noticeably slower, and it isn't synced with the audio. I've never had this problem on any of the other 32 episodes.
[
I tried to use ffmpeg to recode the ep to Divx format, but now I'm having the same out-of sync problem.

I need a prog for MAC which can fix it.

http://www.baseboard.net/forums/showthread/t-101.html lists alot of different video editing progs, but I have no idea which one will do what I need.

Are there mac versions of the progs mentioned in this thread that will do the job?

Thanks for your help! ^^
chibilyn is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 09:38   Link #26
Shaggy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Episode 34 is the same way...

I can't get it to work well either..ffdshow renders its all chunky..
Why did they have to mess around with the encoding after 31 episodes.

Why do computer geeks got to contstantly mess with stuff that is working just fine?

I see TVNihon is showing an alternate for 33 hopefully there will be one for 34 or the people who did 1-31 will wake up and switch back to what they used before.

This is the major problem with the Xvid Codec...ever other week some one brings one out that is incompatible with everyone elses.
Shaggy is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 14:06   Link #27
chibilyn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy
Episode 34 is the same way...
eek

[quote =shaggy] I see TVNihon is showing an alternate for 33 hopefully there will be one for 34 or the people who did 1-31 will wake up and switch back to what they used before. [/quote]

amen

I found a mac prog called DVision that seems to convert OK. The problem now is that w my molasses-speed processor, it takes hours. x.x

Ah well...Good things are worth the wait.
chibilyn is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 17:21   Link #28
Rokl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 26
If you watch PGSM 33 and 34 with VLC it will work just fine, but it still pisses me off that I can't burn my new episodes in Windows Media Player form..

I really hope they will switch back to the old codecs, I'm not gonna update my codecs every second month only for watching the series. This sucks, really.
Rokl is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 18:56   Link #29
Insotae
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
MP3 Codec?

I uninstalled all my codecs and just reinstalled ffdshow and Xvid.
The video words fine, but the audio doesn't play
The audio worked before I uninstalled the codecs :-P
I used Gspot to check out what I needed and apparently I need an MP3 Codec. I tried looking on the net for one, but all the links i come across are dead! Would anyone happen to have the codec or perhaps the link to it?
Insotae is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 19:06   Link #30
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insotae
I uninstalled all my codecs and just reinstalled ffdshow and Xvid.
The video words fine, but the audio doesn't play
The audio worked before I uninstalled the codecs :-P
I used Gspot to check out what I needed and apparently I need an MP3 Codec. I tried looking on the net for one, but all the links i come across are dead! Would anyone happen to have the codec or perhaps the link to it?
You want a MP3 codec? You get one!

EDIT: I seem to have messed up that one because that file is an encoder
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-06-17 at 19:53.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 19:36   Link #31
Insotae
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Hey thanks for the codec~
Im not sure how to install it though, is there supposed to be an install file somewhere? or do i just unzip it to a certain directory?
Insotae is offline  
Old 2004-06-17, 19:57   Link #32
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insotae
Hey thanks for the codec~
Im not sure how to install it though, is there supposed to be an install file somewhere? or do i just unzip it to a certain directory?
Hmm, I don't know which codec to suggest you because I never had an audio codec problem, but if you are using WMP 9 or 6.4, try downloading these codecs.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-18, 07:36   Link #33
Shaggy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Whooops the alternate 33 is here!
(On this site not TVNihon)

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/262.html
Shaggy is offline  
Old 2004-06-18, 12:16   Link #34
Rokl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma[color=navy
I tried it out on vlc, and while it plays WITHOUT video slowdown, and the the video is synced with the audio, now it's a matter of being able to see the whole thing. It might be my processor, but you know when everything's playing fine, but once in a while a frame gets frozen while the audio keeps going, but eventually the the video will catch back up? Well this is happening more consistently with #33. I tried #32 on vlc, and it played fine.[/color]

[/color]
The same thing here! I just tried to watch PGSM 35 on VLC, it worked perfect a couple of minutes and then it just freezes my screen and I can't do anything anymore. I think the problem is with the program, not with the computer, because I've heard many people say the same thing about VLC.

Let's get another try to VLC and see what happens, I don't like booting my coputer all the time. :/

//EDIT: Ok, I'm so fucked up with this VLC that I don't know what to do next. I froze again my screen after whole 10 minutes (yayay).. This means that I really have to delete and download new codecs and do everything the hardest to watch one episode.

//EDIT2: And again, I deleted my nimo codecs and downloaded the new ffdshow and I don't see any changes. I really start to hate you soon for this, Tv-Nihon.

//EDIT3: It works now. (I don't hate you anymore Tv-Nihon). ^^;;

Last edited by Rokl; 2004-06-18 at 12:57.
Rokl is offline  
Old 2004-06-18, 22:23   Link #35
bluey
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Unhappy i have no idea... pls help

hi, i'm new to this forum...

i have the same problems playing episodes 33 and 34 as well... and i've read all the posts in this thread... but i have no idea what to do... i am computer illiterate and i have no idea where to find codecs to uninstall and i dunno where to dl ffdshow..
can someone pls help...
thanx so much
bluey is offline  
Old 2004-06-19, 18:15   Link #36
TechnoWorld
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Lightbulb

You guys know that it's not all that hard to goto http://www.tvnihon.com read their help guide. It evens tells you on the site to use Xvid 1.0.1 or FFDSHow 2004. Whereas you guys haven't even mentioned upgrading XviD codecs. So next time rather than complain why not try their site and/or forums. This question has been answered over a 1,000 times over there.
TechnoWorld is offline  
Old 2004-06-19, 18:35   Link #37
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoWorld
It evens tells you on the site to use Xvid 1.0.1 or FFDSHow 2004. Whereas you guys haven't even mentioned upgrading XviD codecs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Although you state that you have all the codecs it appears to be a coded problem nonetheless because we can exclude a corrupted file from downloading it multiple times.
I'd try uninstalling every codec, then installing ffdshow only (and maybe Koepi's XVid build). This should solve your problem; if it does not, use GSpot to check if you have the necessary codecs installed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey
am computer illiterate and i have no idea where to find codecs to uninstall and i dunno where to dl ffdshow..
You can remove codecs with the Add/Remove Programs button in the Control Panel. You can find the necessary codecs here in the Media Configuration Guide (Level 1).
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-19, 19:34   Link #38
TechnoWorld
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
True, but when you say that. Most think that since they have the Koepi or FFDShow build already that they have the right version. For people now-a-days you need to be specific in order for them to understand. I've seen several say they had both but found out that they needed to UPGRADE codecs. Not just reinstall the old ones.
TechnoWorld is offline  
Old 2004-06-22, 00:20   Link #39
bluey
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Smile

thanks for your help...

i'll try to work it out.
bluey is offline  
Old 2004-06-22, 00:29   Link #40
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Age: 51
Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I did the ffdshow/codec thing, and the files play just fine. But the problem I have now is while useing Nero to burn them to a VCD, (even though they play fine in Nero's preview function) when playing the VCD the sound track is about 5-7 seconds behind the video. These are the only files that do so, all the others I burn comeout fine.
Sakaki is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.