AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-10, 06:38   Link #21
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Someone please get rid of that gay guy. He ruined the whole show! I LOL hard at him but that was because it was more stupid than anything.
Welcome to the world of non-discrimination. Jann made the whole scenery look more relaxable and the funniest part about him are his "body" expressions.

Anyhow. I liked the episode even though I did not understand what they said. But from what it was more than fine.

And the preview for the next episode also looks like fun. More to follow after subs have been released.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 07:00   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And I think I've just found my second favorite female character after Selvaria



I died laughing when she asked where mr piggy went whilst eating BBQ...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 07:02   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Someone please get rid of that gay guy. He ruined the whole show! I LOL hard at him but that was because it was more stupid than anything.
How does Jann ruin the whole show? Please explain because your post can come across as being pretty offensive.

If you say it's because he is gay, then oh my.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 07:06   Link #24
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
I'm noticing a harsh increase in misogynistic and idiosyncratic posting, these days. Maybe that's it.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 08:26   Link #25
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Someone please get rid of that gay guy. He ruined the whole show! I LOL hard at him but that was because it was more stupid than anything.
I must say, I disagree with you. To say that he ruins the whole show is a sweeping statement. I find him charming and interesting.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 08:45   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I must say, I disagree with you. To say that he ruins the whole show is a sweeping statement. I find him charming and interesting.
Jann's a great, fun-loving character. I hope they carry on giving him screentime in this adaptation.

I laughed so hard at his scene during the brawl with all men together around him. Priceless.

Edy's few seconds of speech was so :3 :3 :3 :3 :3. Seriously, just those few scenes were enough to make my week. I love Edy, and it's good to see that they've captured her character perfectly from the game, just in those few seconds.

As for the hugging scene in the preview for episode 7, the male character shown does have darker hair then Welkin, so it must be Faldio.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 17:26   Link #27
Runty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I don't suppose...
Spoiler for :
Runty is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 20:07   Link #28
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Someone please get rid of that gay guy. He ruined the whole show! I LOL hard at him but that was because it was more stupid than anything.
Someone please get rid of this bigot who says things like "Gregor is a Nazi" and "Jann being a gay guy who ruins the show". He's ruining all of these threads! I LOL hard at him but that's because he's more stupid than anything.
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 20:31   Link #29
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I don't suppose...
Spoiler for :
That it is a radio interview, which means they aren't going to get their pictures taken or anything.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 21:32   Link #30
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Jann's a great, fun-loving character. I hope they carry on giving him screentime in this adaptation.

I laughed so hard at his scene during the brawl with all men together around him. Priceless.
If you played the game Jann is one of the strongest Lancer characters, better than Largo which makes him one of my favourite. That and he's funny during the battle (Largo your're the only one for me!). No idea if they are carrying that into the anime either.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 22:31   Link #31
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Welcome to the world of non-discrimination. Jann made the whole scenery look more relaxable and the funniest part about him are his "body" expressions.

Anyhow. I liked the episode even though I did not understand what they said. But from what it was more than fine.

And the preview for the next episode also looks like fun. More to follow after subs have been released.
Ok yeah but I find it weird he has lipstick on. That is just weird. I know some armies would refuse his kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Someone please get rid of this bigot who says things like "Gregor is a Nazi" and "Jann being a gay guy who ruins the show". He's ruining all of these threads! I LOL hard at him but that's because he's more stupid than anything.
Come on now, don't be offended they are just anime characters and I certainly am allowed to bigot them since they are not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Jann's a great, fun-loving character. I hope they carry on giving him screentime in this adaptation.

I laughed so hard at his scene during the brawl with all men together around him. Priceless.

Edy's few seconds of speech was so :3 :3 :3 :3 :3. Seriously, just those few scenes were enough to make my week. I love Edy, and it's good to see that they've captured her character perfectly from the game, just in those few seconds.

As for the hugging scene in the preview for episode 7, the male character shown does have darker hair then Welkin, so it must be Faldio.
Well I won't disagreed with you that Jann does bring a comedy relief but some of his tastes make literally chilly. And why are people bombarding me with bad karma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If you played the game Jann is one of the strongest Lancer characters, better than Largo which makes him one of my favourite. That and he's funny during the battle (Largo your're the only one for me!). No idea if they are carrying that into the anime either.
Certainly his strength is nice but once again his personality might not be for me other than the comedy relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I must say, I disagree with you. To say that he ruins the whole show is a sweeping statement. I find him charming and interesting.
Once again I must say that he perhaps did not ruin the whole as I was a little tired and blew up as in other posts you can see. I AM SCHIZO SO DEAL WITH IT! LOL! I do have to agreed that he to me was more chills giving off than comedy value but I will just have to get used to him like other things in which I might be slower to get used to.
slayer545-sama is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 22:49   Link #32
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
So according to the next episode preview, there might be something going on between Faldio's pet boy and Isara? Good grief.

Other than that, this is a good episode, energetic, upbeat and pure comedy. Alicia's attempt to protect the integrity of Platoon 7 failed miserably, and that restroom scene is just classic. More and more do I see Yang Wen-Li in Welkin (especially since they do look alike) while Jann is shaping to become the next Bobby Margot.

One of my favorite scene in this episode though is one when Marina was being interviewed... that was gold.

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 23:05   Link #33
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
And why are people bombarding me with bad karma?
I am just concerned that your post sounds pretty offensive.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 23:48   Link #34
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I am just concerned that your post sounds pretty offensive.
Offensive? Get real dude. These are anime characters and gays are always being insulted. These are anime characters for crying out loud and I certainly am allowed to insult anime characters because they are not actual people. Come on now, and yes gays were never liked in the army. In fact I had one that I had to cover his ass with girls so that others would not beat him up. So get real dude.

To those who gave me bad reputation, what is your problem? I am pointing out my opinion and it is offensive. Get real here! Half the world is disgusted with JAPAN! Half of it wants to terminate it. Why? Let's see loli, rape simulation and much more. Who? UNICEF, UN and World Feminists among others and the Pope as well.

Why it has not been done. USA is the reason and that's all I am saying. The details are part of my research so I will not give out those.
slayer545-sama is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 00:01   Link #35
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The problem some people have with you is your tone.

I know you admit to being neurotic and all, but do try to keep your emotions in check. Here's a good advice. Don't reply to a post right away. Take a moment and think it thru.

PS: Have you been checked for Diabetes? Too much sugar in your blood can make you this way too. This is not a laughing matter. It can be LETHAL.
Key Board is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 01:59   Link #36
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
l been wondering with some of the horrible changes they have done to some of the story just so they include faldio more in it...how many of u who have played the game would be able to stomach faldio stealing alicia's first kiss?
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 02:04   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Well, with all the Code Geass references, people tend to forget that Sakurai can voice some really smooth characters, and the anime version of Faldio seemed to be one of those type of roles.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 03:40   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l been wondering with some of the horrible changes they have done to some of the story just so they include faldio more in it...how many of u who have played the game would be able to stomach faldio stealing alicia's first kiss?
I don't mind changes like that, i mean they've already forced in the whole Alicia x Faldio so they probably will go the whole way and show something like that. I still think they're just adding all this in to further increase the drama as to what will happen later in the story.

You've completed the game, so i'll let you know in a pm what i mean concerning the games story.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 03:59   Link #39
slayer545-sama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The problem some people have with you is your tone.

I know you admit to being neurotic and all, but do try to keep your emotions in check. Here's a good advice. Don't reply to a post right away. Take a moment and think it thru.

PS: Have you been checked for Diabetes? Too much sugar in your blood can make you this way too. This is not a laughing matter. It can be LETHAL.
Freedom is absolute in discussion as long as it does attack anyone. IS ANYONE AS IN ANIME CHARACTER REALLY VALID?????? Of course not and that is because anime characters aren't valid subjects because they are not actual people although sometimes they are modeled after real people. Jann is far off of the ones that are real.
slayer545-sama is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 04:06   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
You basically said that a gay character is ruining this series. I don't ever want to hear such remarks, and i believe same goes for other people around here. It doesn't matter if the character is real or not, it's still a horrible remark to say.

Personally i don't now why Jann being gay can ruin the series, that's me speaking. Coming from someone else, it tells us a lot about what they like and dislike, and you're showing such anger towards it.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.