AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-05-09, 11:29   Link #1
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Gmail Forwarding/Notification

Is there a way to make it so that whenever my gmail account gets an email, that it sends me an alert on my other email account?

I don't mean sending/forwarding me a copy of the message, but it just tells me that my gmail account has received a message, kind of like a ping. Because this particular gmail account is for private reasons while my other email account is for every day use.

Not sure why I decided to ask this here but,
Thanks in advance guys
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 11:55   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you're using an email client like Mozilla Thunderbird to read your "every day" mail you can configure GMail to use IMAP and add the account directly in the Thunderbird tree. TBird will monitor both accounts on whatever schedule you choose.

I'm not a gmail user, but I doubt they offer the notification-only service you want. It's not a feature of any standards-based mail system that I know of. For that, people use forwarding.
Old 2009-05-10, 16:21   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I know that if you have a hotmail account that hotmail has this new function that allows you to add other email accounts to your hotmail one, I added mine just now
Basically what it does it forwards all your gmail messages to your hotmail account so when you receieve a new email on your gmail account the same message will be send forwarded to your hotmail inbox (also all your inbox messages will be forwarded to the folder on your hotmail account so everything is accessible on hotmail)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote