AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-09, 04:30   Link #21
Tarantula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
@safepeer discussion:

What if this companies get your IP from the tracker directly? I'm not so sure this could work but the tracker has your IP and you get IP's from the tracker, so I assume they could get these information as well.
Just like sometTrackers site you can see *every* IP connected and not only those you are connected with.

In this case safepeer does not help you much.
Tarantula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 16:05   Link #22
anime_layer
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
Yes, SafePeer does provide some protection but it's often advertised or hinted as good protection (just take the name) and I wanted to set this straight.

@Tarantula
Yes, this would be possible but I'm not sure if it would be enough as proof. IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer) but AFAIK here in Switzerland they can only get you for sharing copyrighted material and not for simply downloading it. So they'd have to get a copy of the file from you before they could sue you.
__________________
MPlayer OSX Extended (en) | nimmermehr (de) | sttz (de) | last.fm
Life is a game whose first rule is: This is not a game, this is dead serious.
anime_layer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 03:31   Link #23
Tarantula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
But with BT you're forced to share. So in theory they could sue you and even more if you're loyal and wait 'til your share ratio of 100% is reached.
Tarantula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 18:38   Link #24
ChinkyTriadz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N.Y
Is torrentstorm ne good?
ChinkyTriadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 10:40   Link #25
Mitsuko
Onigiri Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I started to use Azureus, coz my friend recomended it. But my status light on my file is yellow.. i dont know what to do .. any advice would be appreciated ^^
Mitsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 10:44   Link #26
Mitsuko
Onigiri Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
why is my status light yellow..
Mitsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 11:35   Link #27
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko
I started to use Azureus, coz my friend recomended it. But my status light on my file is yellow.. i dont know what to do .. any advice would be appreciated ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureus itself
Yellow means that that the tracker is ok, you're connected to peers, but you don't have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay on yellow status all the time.
Source: Right click on the Health icons, 'Health' column-->About Health

These leaves to possibilities:
Either you are using a router which isn't configured properly for BT usage (the standard Incoming listen port is 6881 (see Configuration: Server)) or you got a poor torrent with a small swarm. If you don't know what of these possibilities it could be, try downloading a popular torrent like Naruto 87 and see if the yellow status remains. If it does, it is a router problem; if it does not, it is a torrent problem.

Since I don't know much about routers, the only advice I could give you, is that you configure your router to forward all data from port 6881 (default) to your local IP (127.0.0.1). [That is what I gathered and made up from hearsay, so don't hold your breath that that will work]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko
why is my status light yellow..
Patience is a virtue, my friend, especially if you consider that you are in the less frequented Sub Forums of AnimeSuki...
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 15:29   Link #28
Mitsuko
Onigiri Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
thank you for replying i apreciate it ^^
Mitsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 15:35   Link #29
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko
thank you for replying i apreciate it ^^
Of course, it's the thread to my guide anyways ^_^

Did my suggestions work and which problem did you have? I consider adding that in the FAQ section.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 14:54   Link #30
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Azureus 2.1.0.0 ul/dl ratio

I've just installed Azureus 2.1.0.0 (was using an old version of abc).
I can't seem to be able to find any indication of my upload ratio. It's not on the main panel. I click view-->statistics and I get the total upload size for all torrents but it doesn't say how much of each torrent I have uploaded. Any advise on how to find it?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 16:57   Link #31
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
I've just installed Azureus 2.1.0.0 (was using an old version of abc).
I can't seem to be able to find any indication of my upload ratio. It's not on the main panel. I click view-->statistics and I get the total upload size for all torrents but it doesn't say how much of each torrent I have uploaded. Any advise on how to find it?
Spoiler:


Doubleclick the torrent of which you want to see your share ratio in the My Torrents tab. That's it

Can some mod merge that with the Azureus Guide? Thanks
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:46   Link #32
Mog
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Question

Im downloading a huge batch right now, but I only need 2 of the files. I really dont want to dl the whole batch so is there a way to get those 2 files I need???
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 15:41   Link #33
warnold
nerfelwap
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, VA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
I can't seem to be able to find any indication of my upload ratio. It's not on the main panel. I click view-->statistics and I get the total upload size for all torrents but it doesn't say how much of each torrent I have uploaded. Any advise on how to find it?
Azureus calls it "Share Ratio" To see it for a single torrent, open that torrents detail window. To see it for all torrents, right-click on the main panel, select "Column Setup" and check the box next to "Share Ratio"

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 01:20   Link #34
LowT
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
It's still freakin slow.
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 09:01   Link #35
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog
Im downloading a huge batch right now, but I only need 2 of the files. I really dont want to dl the whole batch so is there a way to get those 2 files I need???
Read the bottom part of my guide again where it starts with:

Q: How do I prioritize torrents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowT
It's still freakin slow.
Read the guide where it starts with:
Tracker Tab


If you did that and you got green "Health" there is not much to do except for waiting.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:06   Link #36
LowT
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Read the bottom part of my guide again where it starts with:

Q: How do I prioritize torrents?



Read the guide where it starts with:
Tracker Tab


If you did that and you got green "Health" there is not much to do except for waiting.
Ok when you say green health, you mean the smily face?

cuz for every torrent dl of mines, it starts grey, goes red, goes yellow, then will always go green smily face.

So, i guess their all healthy?? I mean like today im doing something over 200-250!

like finally. Seems to me only things that are REALLY popular seem to work.

I'm going to go try another client real quick.
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:09   Link #37
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowT
Seems to me only things that are REALLY popular seem to work.
Well, wasn't that kinda obvious?? All that ruckus for nothing -_-
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:11   Link #38
LowT
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Well, wasn't that kinda obvious?? All that ruckus for nothing -_-

Well, Green Green and Hunter X Hunter were going extremly slow.

I had a Green Green with like 10 seeds.

and it wasn't ruckus, i learned alot.
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 22:47   Link #39
Tarag
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Since I don't know much about routers, the only advice I could give you, is that you configure your router to forward all data from port 6881 (default) to your local IP (127.0.0.1). [That is what I gathered and made up from hearsay, so don't hold your breath that that will work]
Actually, that's not quite right. You need to use your computer's actual IP address, rather than 127.0.0.1. The way to find your computer's IP address varies depending on what operating system you're using. If you're using some flavour of MS Windows, at least one of the following methods should work:
  • Start -> Run -> winipcfg
  • Choose your network adapter from the drop-down list
-or-
  • Open a command prompt, and type:
    ipconfig /all | find "IP Address"
Once you know your computer's IP address, you should be able to set up a rule to forward port 6881 to that address.

(As a side note, if you are using a "cable/DSL router", and you go to a site like http://www.whatismyip.com, it will actually display your router's IP, which is not what you want in this case. If you're using a Linksys router, your computer's IP will typically be something like 192.168.1.x, where x is a number between 1 and 255. Confused yet?)
Tarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 08:58   Link #40
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 29
Like I said I don't know much about routers but I read about forwarding the data to the local IP 127.0.0.1 and not the actual IP. While my common sense tells me that the latter method will work 100%, I find it a very tedious thing to do - if you have a dynamic IP. So, can anyone test port forwarding to the local IP or clear things up altogether?
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.