AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Eden of the East

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-10, 14:45   Link #81
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I can't see Johnny being a film referance. He seemed to be talking too seriously to make one.
Haak is online now  
Old 2009-05-10, 14:51   Link #82
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
As I said I'm not particularly convinced about that either, but I can't dismiss the idea yet, ergo it's worth to consider it to a certain degree.
izmosmolnar is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 15:18   Link #83
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Oh fair enough.

Well anyway, I think it's worth pointing out that Diana's badge doesn't disapear in the Opening like the others, which is kind of annoying. I'd hate to think a woman like her manages to stay alive.
Haak is online now  
Old 2009-05-10, 17:32   Link #84
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I think Diana alongside with number I will be on of the last to die.

I find interesting the theories behind the supporter. Someone pointed out the fact that of the guy that kills Hiura very little is shown. But the biggest problem to me is the fact that according to what we have seen so far the supporter does not expose himself to do the dirty work. So it is not rational to expect that the guy we see in Hiura's room was number I himself.
Why would he kill number IV by himself when he can simply order Juiz to do that?

The probability that the man who killed Hiura was number I are near zero. However that doesn't mean anything. Number I could still be the supporter.

But it bothers me that the number I was shown already. Everything points at him, but this could be a trap to make us believe so. The only thing that is certain is that number I believes to be the supporter and acts accordingly. However Hiura says (repeating what he heard from the outsider) that noone knows who the supporter is (except the outsider), not the even the supporter himself. So it's rather probable that number I believes to be the supporter out of fanatism or for numerology reasons.
This whole story stinks a lot. The Outsider decided that one of the 12 is the supporter, however he doesn't say who the supporter is. How is the supporter supposed to do what he's meant to do if he isn't even sure about his role? It looks like a bad prank to me. Maybe the supporter doesn't exist, it's just the outsider trying to make everyone suspect about everyone else. Basically every Selešao knows that any other selešao could be the supporter. But since there's no supporter, then all twelve of them fear the remaining eleven.
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-05-10 at 17:46.
Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 18:36   Link #85
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

But it bothers me that the number I was shown already. Everything points at him, but this could be a trap to make us believe so. The only thing that is certain is that number I believes to be the supporter and acts accordingly. However Hiura says (repeating what he heard from the outsider) that noone knows who the supporter is (except the outsider), not the even the supporter himself. So it's rather probable that number I believes to be the supporter out of fanatism or for numerology reasons.
This whole story stinks a lot. The Outsider decided that one of the 12 is the supporter, however he doesn't say who the supporter is. How is the supporter supposed to do what he's meant to do if he isn't even sure about his role? It looks like a bad prank to me. Maybe the supporter doesn't exist, it's just the outsider trying to make everyone suspect about everyone else. Basically every Selešao knows that any other selešao could be the supporter. But since there's no supporter, then all twelve of them fear the remaining eleven.
I was wondering about the same thing too with the Supporter. It wouldn't make any sense.

I like the prank theory though.

And dammit, I want Diana to die soon D:<
Starry Dust is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 22:14   Link #86
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Previews for episode 6 to 9 courtesy of 2ch.

Spoiler for higashi no eden, episode 6 to 9 summaries:
~BC~ is offline  
Old 2009-05-10, 22:35   Link #87
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Not that I can read Japanese, but are we not going to see all of Selecao at this rate? Unless it was one big coincidence, number X was supposed to be the next one to kick the bucket, and it looks like he's showing up in episode 9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think Diana alongside with number I will be on of the last to die.

I find interesting the theories behind the supporter. Someone pointed out the fact that of the guy that kills Hiura very little is shown. But the biggest problem to me is the fact that according to what we have seen so far the supporter does not expose himself to do the dirty work. So it is not rational to expect that the guy we see in Hiura's room was number I himself.
Why would he kill number IV by himself when he can simply order Juiz to do that?

The probability that the man who killed Hiura was number I are near zero. However that doesn't mean anything. Number I could still be the supporter.

But it bothers me that the number I was shown already. Everything points at him, but this could be a trap to make us believe so. The only thing that is certain is that number I believes to be the supporter and acts accordingly. However Hiura says (repeating what he heard from the outsider) that noone knows who the supporter is (except the outsider), not the even the supporter himself. So it's rather probable that number I believes to be the supporter out of fanatism or for numerology reasons.
This whole story stinks a lot. The Outsider decided that one of the 12 is the supporter, however he doesn't say who the supporter is. How is the supporter supposed to do what he's meant to do if he isn't even sure about his role? It looks like a bad prank to me. Maybe the supporter doesn't exist, it's just the outsider trying to make everyone suspect about everyone else. Basically every Selešao knows that any other selešao could be the supporter. But since there's no supporter, then all twelve of them fear the remaining eleven.
Interesting idea. As much as I would like to think there isn't a Supporter, someone is going out of there way to kill the Selecao who have used up all their money, whether said person was actually assigned to do it or not. Perhaps the one who killed Kondo and the one who killed Hiura are two different "Supporters" altogether. You said it yourself, that the only one who knows who is the actual Supporter is Mr. Outside, so it could always be a possibility that more than one of the Selecao believe they are rightfully chosen as the Supporter, whether it be egotism or numerology.

There's also my really out there theory that Mr. Outside and the Supporter are the same person, acting as the twelfth person of the Selecao. He could just be using this "game" as a test to how different people think Japan should be saved, and from there formulate his plan to save Japan based off of the other Selecao. Like Mr. Outside said, only one of the Selecao would survive, so perhaps he's using his rules as an excuse to have them kick the bucket after they use up all the money, as a safety measure for himself as his plans as a whole. It works out in the end, since he would be the only one of the Selecao who would be able to save Japan if it all works out.

I don't really see why Outside would trust a random person he chose (unless there really was a selection process for the Selecao) to do the dirty work for him, when it would be much safer and wiser to do the work himself and keep the Selecao in place.
__________________
Tamad is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 07:27   Link #88
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Yes it is very possible that by telling them about this supporter, explaining what the supporter is meant to do and then telling them: "it might be you or it might be someone else", was an ingenious way to both making them fear each other and making them think about the possibility that they themselves are the supporter. Well most of them obviously do not think that (i.e. Kondo), but the outsider probably thought that a few of them would take the bait, killing off stray selešao thus reinforcing the illusion that a true supporter really exist.

There is also the possibility that the same way the Outsider knew that those 12 people wanted to save the country (even if they themselves do not remember that) he also knows that one (or more) of them would spontaneously take the role of the supporter.

At this point it's hard to understand what's the true objective of the outsider. At first it would look like he wants to save the country, and he choose this strange system to make a few selected individual to try their best for that end. He gave them the means and he gave them a great incentive to pursue this goal. However there are a few rules that do not make sense in this perspective and rather make everything look like a sort of Battle Royale sadistic game. It would be best for the good of the country if the selešao were cooperating, but instead he wants them to compete, fear, distrust, each other.
Plus there are reasons to doubt about his judgment on choosing those individuals. Kondo and Diana were very poor choices if the outsider's objective is really the salvation of the country. And the fact he didn't draw any moral line around the orders Juiz is supposed to accept is also very strange. Juiz is like a robot, I wonder if she's a human or an AI.
Well in conclusion I'm not sure whether the Outsider honestly believes he's acting in the best interested of the country or if he's just a bored multibillionaire who wants to have fun.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 08:07   Link #89
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Whether or not there really is a Supporter, the fact of the matter is that the person(s?) killing Selecao who have either used up their money or have deviated from the path would need to have insider information about the Selecao themselves, such as perhaps having the same phone system that the Selecao have and similar monitoring capabilities.

It could even be that Nr. Outside is, himself, the Supporter.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-05-11, 12:40   Link #90
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: T dot Ohhhhhh
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Previews for episode 6 to 9 courtesy of 2ch.

Spoiler for higashi no eden, episode 6 to 9 summaries:
Translation?
__________________
"Hey Joe Rogan, there is something you don't know about me...i smoke rocks!!!"
Tyrone Biggums is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 07:19   Link #91
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
number 6 title is "higashi no Eden"? Maybe we'll finally know more about Saki's college club.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 08:18   Link #92
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
Spoiler for Spoiler about ep 6 preview:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-12 at 08:32.
izmosmolnar is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 08:51   Link #93
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I think he's that tall guy with black hair and glasses. Not the fat one.
Haak is online now  
Old 2009-05-12, 12:28   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think he's that tall guy with black hair and glasses. Not the fat one.
Yes. Check the characters/seiyuus page linked to from my sig.
__________________
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nobunaga the Fool | Nisekoi | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 13:58   Link #95
voxxa
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Translation?
Spoiler for Episode 6:


Spoiler for Episode 7:
voxxa is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 14:47   Link #96
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanks voxxa. I figured someone who was fluent with reading japanese would have an easy time reading these. Then I tried it myself and realized what a pain it was to make out some of the kanji characters. Anyway, I need the practice.
~BC~ is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 15:09   Link #97
voxxa
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Age: 30
Hehe, yeah I know. I looked the ones I didn't know up by radicals, but it really hurts your eyes. I can put the other two up after a break.
voxxa is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 16:25   Link #98
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Spoiler for preview:
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-05-12, 16:45   Link #99
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Spoiler for preview:
Haak is online now  
Old 2009-05-12, 16:45   Link #100
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Age: 22
Spoiler:
Starry Dust is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.