AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-16, 20:04   Link #1
LowT

Best site for anime torrents/files?

Not sure if this is allowed to ask here, so if it's not I guess let me know/delete it.

but i'm just trying to be recoursefull at the moment.

Am I the only one finding anime searches and downloads frustrating?
I mean I have Comcast Cable Internet and a Celeron 2.2 CPU processor.

I DL programs like winamp and such at 350+ks per sec.

So when something(like green green and hunter x hunter goin 4.1k/s and 13.4k/s

REALLY ticks e off.

sooo tryin not to stray too much off topic, but what's other great sites like anime suki?
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 20:07   Link #2
stpam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowT
Not sure if this is allowed to ask here, so if it's not I guess let me know/delete it.

but i'm just trying to be recoursefull at the moment.

Am I the only one finding anime searches and downloads frustrating?
I mean I have Comcast Cable Internet and a Celeron 2.2 CPU processor.

I DL programs like winamp and such at 350+ks per sec.

So when something(like green green and hunter x hunter goin 4.1k/s and 13.4k/s

REALLY ticks e off.

sooo tryin not to stray too much off topic, but what's other great sites like anime suki?
why would that matter on the site? its the torrent that matters. are you behind firewall or a router.? There are ways to tweek bittorrent to get faster downloads
stpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 20:15   Link #3
LowT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpam
why would that matter on the site? its the torrent that matters. are you behind firewall or a router.? There are ways to tweek bittorrent to get faster downloads
I have nortan anti virus, and I do have a router when I want to play on Xbox Live or Lan up Xbox's.

BUT

the router is always unplugged unless I'm actually playing Xbox Live(then im not downloading).

Also, when you say "it's the torrent." You mean how many ppl are downloading and seeding that certian torrent correct? Well, my guess would be some sites get more hits so that means the more popular the site, the more likely you'll have 10 people seeding show X on "mostpopularanime.com" vs trying to have 10 ppl seeding show X on "takes20yearstofindthisanimesite.com."

or maybe I got the wrong idea so, sensai- explain.
Old 2004-06-16, 20:44   Link #4
Nazgul

the site that you get the torrent file from is not necessarily the site the tracker is on.
so the site doesn't matter as much as the number of seeds/peers

plus this is the wrong forum to ask this question try here http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 22:08   Link #5
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

That's not really the case...as said before each site doesn't have it's own tracker...usually most of the anime sites you see will link to the original tracker...so for the most part it doesn't matter where you get your torrent from cause it's all pretty much linked to the same place (of course there are exceptions)

As for the speed...either something is slowing down your bt program...or you just connect to slow peers....or someone else on the tracker is taking up all the bandwidth (I know that's happenned to me a few times ) but other then that check out the stickies in the download help section and see if that solves your problem

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

*looks at the top 2 threads that are in a sense highlighted*

Edit:

as far as finding other torrent sites...it wouldn't have to do with anime.mircx being down now would it?

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 00:48   Link #6
Ciroth
Crazi Male Neko!

Send a message via ICQ to Ciroth Send a message via AIM to Ciroth Send a message via MSN to Ciroth
Hmmm... well I'm on Comcast Cable, 1.8 pent 4 processor... with Linksys router/firewall. IMO its not that your downloading to slow, since comcast is up to 3 megs speed and i have been able to get up to 250-300kbps easily on torrents with a lot of seeds (even with norton firewall and linksys activated) usually 20-40 is normal.. but thats good speeds anyways.

btw... did you get an e-mail from comcast about turning off your cable box, and turning it back on to activate the new cap? sounds silly but worked. Just comcast's UP speeds suck.. im assuming a lot of UP speeds compared to DOWN speeds are worse ^^:;
Ciroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 00:56   Link #7
LowT

250-300???

how!?!?

Do I need to buy a linksky router or something?

i dont get it, same connection as u, faster processer.

and im doin like 50 and 15ks per second right now on ABC.
Old 2004-06-17, 01:05   Link #8
Nazgul

Quote:
250-300???

how!?!?

Do I need to buy a linksky router or something?

i dont get it, same connection as u, faster processer.

and im doin like 50 and 15ks per second right now on ABC.
the processor doesn't have a whole lot to do with the speed. I've gotten100+ using a 700mhz machine. have u tried using different clients? and 30 - 50 is about average for a torrent.
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 01:36   Link #9
LowT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul
the processor doesn't have a whole lot to do with the speed. I've gotten100+ using a 700mhz machine. have u tried using different clients? and 30 - 50 is about average for a torrent.

yeah

I tried ABC and Aserues.

I've gotten 210 ks also.

Seems to me only popular crap dls fast.
Old 2004-06-17, 01:52   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Seems to me only popular crap dls fast.
Bingo! That's how BitTorrent works; it's not like the way you download other things on the Internet - there's no server that you're downloading from. When you download from BitTorrent, you're connecting to others like you who are either downloading the file at the same time you are, or have already downloaded it. So, the more popular a torrent is, the better speeds you'll get.

The number one killer of speed on BitTorrent is firewalls. If you're behind a firewall, and don't forward the proper ports, you *will* often get slow speeds. You may have the Windows Internet Connection Firewall turned on without even realizing it, or some other program may be serving as a firewall (some versions of Norton do this). The second thing that will hurt you a bit is your slow upload speed, but you can't do much about that - it's Comcast's policy.

So, anyways, check for firewalls, and if you've got one, check some of the links already posted about what ports you need to forward. If that's not it, though, then it may just be something that you have to live with. Generally speaking, I can expect to get around 25 to 50 KB/s download speed when uploading about 10 KB/s, but it totally depends on the torrent.

And, also, don't get too frustrated by this stuff... it's not as if you're paying for it...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 19:59   Link #11
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
So, the more popular a torrent is, the better speeds you'll get.
Not necessarily true...I've d/led from very popular torrents and some semi-dead (with like 10 seeds and some 15 or so peers) and i've gotten speeds up to 300+ kbs while on very popular torrents with 10x's as many seeds/peers i'll have a speed of 20 kbs...

And i have comcast also and with bt the highest i got was 350 kbs (200-500 kbs direct d/l from popular sites) with my usual ranges of 50-100 kbs (of course there are the slow days also) and as said before upload speed isn't the best...my max is around 30kbs

btw...i'm running a p2 400 mhz so d/l speeds aren't really affected with proc speed...

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote