AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-14, 06:58   Link #1
Great-Hunter-Dante
Kicking some A

Talking Help me if you can please.

Hello everyone! I havent been here in a long time, and would like to ask you all for help. You see, i am looking for a specific type of anime, since it adheres to my personality quite well. Has anyone seen an anime where the protagonist finds and takes in a young female, and proceeds to care for her out of need to repent for something he'd done (or something similar). Whilst taking care of her, the antagonist is plotting and doing minor attacks and stuff, you know, the usual.
PS: there should be an increasing romantic aura as the show goes on, i want to see people who actually feel for eachother. Thanks guys if you can help.
Old 2009-05-14, 07:05   Link #2
PinkMed

1. To Aru Majutsu no Index
2. Sekirei

These 2 fit perfectly at your description I will post again if anything else comes to mind

Enjoy ^^
Old 2009-05-14, 12:22   Link #3
zareba

Ah! My Goddess

Morisato Keiichi has always had bad luck. No matter what he does or how he acts, nothing seems to go his way. His bike frequently breaks down, his classmates take advantage of him, women ignore and scorn him, and on top of all that, he’s only 5'3". In Heaven, when someone’s bad luck and good luck are so heavily out of balance, Belldandy (Goddess First Class, Second Category, Unlimited) of the Goddess Assistance Agency comes to the rescue. Belldandy grants Keiichi one wish to make up for all of his bad luck, but when Keiichi wishes for Belldandy to stay by his side forever... the trouble begins. Can Keiichi keep Belldandy by his side, or will outside elements force her to return to heaven?

Chobits (though, I don't think this fits your care for her out of need to repent for something he'd done)

Having failed to earn admission to a university, Hideki Motosuwa has moved to the big city, determined to study his hardest for next year's exams. However, an unusual distraction presents itself one unsuspecting day in the form of Chii, a robotic young girl that has been discarded in the trash. In a world where an increasing number of people turn to these 'persocons' for company, the bonds and limits of human relationships are tested as flesh manages to fall in love with the machine itself...

DearS (same as Chobits)

On a day that seemed ordinary, a spaceship crash landed in Tokyo bay, filled to the brim with beautiful aliens that would come to be known as DearS. Since that day, though all of Japan seems to have gone DearS-crazy, one high school boy named Takeya it still not impressed by the phenomenon. But things change for Takeya when he finds a lone DearS girl on the side of the road, who forces herself into his apartment, and his life! Now, he must brave a plethora of complications, misunderstandings, and embarassments, when all he wants to do is be left alone!
Old 2009-05-14, 13:53   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kure-nai tells the story of a high-school boy with a very unusual and dangerous part-time job. His employer eventually gives him the task of protecting a feisty eight-year-old heiress who has been taken (rescued?) from her industrialist family's compound. The two main characters develop a strong bond over the course of the show as they attempt to remain hidden from her family's retainers. The relationship between Shinkarou and Murasaki is more like that between siblings than between lovers, which is only appropriate given their respective ages. Still both characters display deep feelings for each other as the show progresses.
Old 2009-05-14, 14:37   Link #5
james0246

Somewhat jokingly, Kurenai no Buta (also known as Porco Rosso) .

Gungrave is also somewhat what you are looking for (though from the opposite angle (i.e. the guy has to keep going to the girl in order to protect her)).
Old 2009-05-14, 15:05   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm...Fate/stay night perhaps, although the girl's the strong one in the series (but still needs help from the guy), and eventually he does help her to make amends for his own past.
Old 2009-05-14, 15:44   Link #7
Great-Hunter-Dante
Kicking some A

Cool Thanks!

Actually ive seen all of your suggestions except 4 lol. I loved Chobits and Ah! My Goddess was ok, but i hated DearS (too much ecchi and harem). Kure-nai, and Kurenai no Buta both sound ok, but i would like to check out sekirei and To aru majutsu no Index first. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Tags
romance, anime