AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-15, 00:39   Link #481
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
i believe this anime deserve its own thread
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 01:00   Link #482
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Crap...
Man have I been fooled into thinking so...
It is an understandable mistake to make . But seriously have thought of Arthur and Arawn as being the male leads of this show. Just at the moment one happens to have a harem and the other one doesn't. Do think it'd be fine to spread the girls around a little. Just seems like a waste otherwise.

Don't think Arthur not being focused on that thing is a good enough reason to be left out. Any girl that shows up is pretty much immediately tossed into Arawn's harem. There's no point in getting interested after that since trying to take a girl from another guy's harem could lead to disaster .

Right now things are more focused on the harem than the military situation. Hopefully we get more into that than just adding more girls into it. Though Octavia is a really nice character so not complaining about her.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 01:26   Link #483
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Every Harem member is a valuable member on and off the field
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 03:24   Link #484
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
There is 1 thing in common in harem animes. The main char gets ALL girls. The others zero.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 03:29   Link #485
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i believe this anime deserve its own thread
It does have it's own thread. You mean it's own sub-forum.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 11:48   Link #486
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It does have it's own thread. You mean it's own sub-forum.
yes my bad, it has a game already, so y not
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 13:25   Link #487
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So Arwan gets another one without even trying. Im sure men in real life would love to have this kind of luck lol.

I would say my favorite part about the previous episode had to be the battle in the forest. It show how tactics, faith in ones comrades and tactics can win over a larger force. The enemy commander was a moron drunk on his own glory and his troops paid the price.

He marched his entire unit into a densely packed forest with no recon nor support. That place was begging for a ambush and he got it. The size of the forest made it so during a surprise attack there was no way to get his troops back into lines which their tactics suggest they do no organization and panicking they were easy pickings for Awan and his rag tag group of warriors.

If it was not for Octavia and her cool head and quick observation that they were at the disadvantage they all would have been slaughtered. Their commander was coward and his troops died because of it. Now things didnt happen exactly as i had thought but close. The worst thing that could have happen to the enemy is after the trees fell and they pulled back Arwan and Arthur ordered the bridge destroyed cutting off their escape and any future moments in the valley. But instead the idiot cut the ropes killing his own troops and not a single one of Arwan's troops died good job douche bag.

For some reason i would like to see Octavia and Arthur meet up. For some reason this two who are focused on duty and protection seem like some real sparks would fly. Im not sure romantically but just how both their minds work they would be interesting to watch as they interact. For some reason i can see Octavia getting captured eventually by Arwan and the gang. I have not played the game nor will i read any spoilers relating to it since this is the anime but i like really the thought the anime working some type of Octavia x Arthur moments.

good episode hopefully more military battles will follow once the harem crap dies down.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 13:41   Link #488
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
So Arwan gets another one without even trying.

...

good episode hopefully more military battles will follow once the harem crap dies down.
Personally that is the reason why I am beginning to dislike his character especially since he is getting a harem for doing...nothing...well at least Hakuoro did do something so the sense of reward (or at least justification) to have his own harem is present. I'm still sitting here scratching my head over what Arwan had actually done at present for so many to fall for him and the obvious neglect towards others, like Arthur is simply unfair. Simply put, he hasn't proven himself yet to deserve any of this special attention and damn it is going to be doom for me to watch lovely Octavia going over to the dark side ;_;

And second with more battles...although this one wasn't anything to be jumping about either...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 13:59   Link #489
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Unlike Hakuoro, Arawn has a past history that's well known though.
He won the admiration and utmost loyalty of fairy folks, from a thousand years ago.

He's not some random dude, he's the friggin dark king, and a hero of the legends.
You say he's done nothing, but that's not true. You're just unaware of what he HAS done, since it hasn't been revealed yet.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 14:13   Link #490
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Him not doing anything doesnt really bother me that much probably because i am not paying much attention to the harem aspect of the show. My favorite character right now happens to be Arthur so im focusing on him most of the time. Which is why i liked the idea of him interacting with Octavia they seem to be two sides of the same coin in my eyes.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 14:33   Link #491
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Unlike Hakuoro, Arawn has a past history that's well known though.
He won the admiration and utmost loyalty of fairy folks, from a thousand years ago.

He's not some random dude, he's the friggin dark king, and a hero of the legends.
You say he's done nothing, but that's not true. You're just unaware of what he HAS done, since it hasn't been revealed yet.
No doubt about legends of old here but are they any where near as epic as the stuff in Shina Dark?

also for the record Satan>Arawn
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 15:13   Link #492
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
No doubt about legends of old here but are they any where near as epic as the stuff in Shina Dark?

also for the record Satan>Arawn
I love Shina Dark I see the similarities but i most def like Shina Dark more.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 15:28   Link #493
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Personally that is the reason why I am beginning to dislike his character especially since he is getting a harem for doing...nothing...well at least Hakuoro did do something so the sense of reward (or at least justification) to have his own harem is present. I'm still sitting here scratching my head over what Arwan had actually done at present for so many to fall for him and the obvious neglect towards others, like Arthur is simply unfair. Simply put, he hasn't proven himself yet to deserve any of this special attention and damn it is going to be doom for me to watch lovely Octavia going over to the dark side ;_;
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Unlike Hakuoro, Arawn has a past history that's well known though.
He won the admiration and utmost loyalty of fairy folks, from a thousand years ago.

He's not some random dude, he's the friggin dark king, and a hero of the legends.
You say he's done nothing, but that's not true. You're just unaware of what he HAS done, since it hasn't been revealed yet.
What you say is likely true, aohige. However, it has no bearing on why and how his 3 wives (at this point) became his wives.

As a representative of the water elves (water fairies? selkies?), Llyr most likely has a good knowledge of what Arawn did in the past. But that's not why she became his wife. She's his wife because of happenstance. If Arthur or Ogam or Gael Warrior #3 had burnt the seal skin, she would be his wife because that's how the laws of the selkie work. Her "marriage" to Arawn had nothing to do with his being the dark lord.

Morgan became Arawn's wife because he claimed her in order to prevent a needless self-sacrifice. Of Arawn's wives, Morgan probably knows the least about his history even now. His status as the dark lord probably didn't factor into her agreeing to the arrangement at all.

Riannon's decision to pick Arawn as her husband seemed more a result of the connection they made while he was waking her than any desire on her part to link up with the hero of legends. In fact, as a human, she probably doesn't think of him as the hero of the legends. Arthur certainly doesn't.

I'm sure Arawn has an impressive history. One that validates his status as a legend come to life. But his past is not the reason he has a harem now. Why does Arawn have a harem now? Except for Morgan, whom he saved from self-sacrifice, it's not because of anything Arawn's done. It's just been the circumstances. I agree with Deathkillz except for the fact that I'm not bothered by the happenstance gathering of the harem. I find it hilarious.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 16:30   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I find it hilarious.
This. Together with Arawn's hilarious facial expressions, and we have a winner.

But disliking him because of his current harem that he seems to not be doing much in regards to obtaining? That's a bit harsh don't you think? & since when do male leads need to do anything to obtain a harem? I thought that was the whole point.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 17:07   Link #495
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& since when do male leads need to do anything to obtain a harem? I thought that was the whole point.
Haha. So true. A harem by definition is wish fulfillment. 'Earning' one isn't going to stop that from being the case.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 17:15   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Riannon's decision to pick Arawn as her husband seemed more a result of the connection they made while he was waking her than any desire on her part to link up with the hero of legends.

Except for Morgan, whom he saved from self-sacrifice, it's not because of anything Arawn's done.
But the connection he made when waking her saved her just as much as he saved Morgan in a way, the only lol one so far is Llyr.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 19:23   Link #497
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This. Together with Arawn's hilarious facial expressions, and we have a winner.

But disliking him because of his current harem that he seems to not be doing much in regards to obtaining? That's a bit harsh don't you think? & since when do male leads need to do anything to obtain a harem? I thought that was the whole point.
Arthur is hardworking, no girls for him

Arawn is hardly working, girls just rushed in w/o a reason

wow, this is the law of harem, male lead's best friend never get anything
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 21:06   Link #498
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
What you say is likely true, aohige. However, it has no bearing on why and how his 3 wives (at this point) became his wives.

As a representative of the water elves (water fairies? selkies?), Llyr most likely has a good knowledge of what Arawn did in the past. But that's not why she became his wife. She's his wife because of happenstance. If Arthur or Ogam or Gael Warrior #3 had burnt the seal skin, she would be his wife because that's how the laws of the selkie work. Her "marriage" to Arawn had nothing to do with his being the dark lord.

Morgan became Arawn's wife because he claimed her in order to prevent a needless self-sacrifice. Of Arawn's wives, Morgan probably knows the least about his history even now. His status as the dark lord probably didn't factor into her agreeing to the arrangement at all.

Riannon's decision to pick Arawn as her husband seemed more a result of the connection they made while he was waking her than any desire on her part to link up with the hero of legends. In fact, as a human, she probably doesn't think of him as the hero of the legends. Arthur certainly doesn't.

I'm sure Arawn has an impressive history. One that validates his status as a legend come to life. But his past is not the reason he has a harem now. Why does Arawn have a harem now? Except for Morgan, whom he saved from self-sacrifice, it's not because of anything Arawn's done. It's just been the circumstances. I agree with Deathkillz except for the fact that I'm not bothered by the happenstance gathering of the harem. I find it hilarious.
*Claps claps*
When I say you literally took everything from my mouth, I really mean it (well...except for the last part ).

I'm not denying that Arawn is some reincarnation (reawakening) of the ancient demon lord who blah blah blah...something so many thousand years ago. I'm more concerned about what he has done at present time since the youngn's know jack shit about his heroic deeds set in the forgotten times. One of the reason why I don't think he should get recognition for just fame that is basically...history.

Simply put he hasn't shown and of his ZOMG DEMON POWASSSS demolishing an entire army or two so why have girls fall for him now and not later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
But disliking him because of his current harem that he seems to not be doing much in regards to obtaining? That's a bit harsh don't you think? & since when do male leads need to do anything to obtain a harem? I thought that was the whole point.
Depends on the genre imo. I wouldn't dare questioning something so logical if it was a comedy romance series like hmm...Hatsukoi Limited...that would be suicide. But for a series like this I do expect the harem for him to have a valid enough reason not just some stupid happening or misunderstanding and for the harem to grow to an even larger size based on not doing anything?

It's still early () but so far his impression on me isn't at all that good.

edit: and seen as I've read Shina Dark's name pop up here I just want to say: "now THAT is how a demon lord should be like"
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 00:32   Link #499
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
I see.....
So support for the Arthur x Octavia fanbase has grown. I am quite please.
I hope for more support from the fans for this pairing.

Arthur deserves a girl(Octavia), and we all know it and want it.
Arawn doesn't deserves one, he has too many.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 03:28   Link #500
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Depends on the genre imo. I wouldn't dare questioning something so logical if it was a comedy romance series like hmm...Hatsukoi Limited...that would be suicide.
That's not a harem show though, it's a school romance. I'm talking about an actually romance --- where a male lead is surrounded by beautiful girls who love him. A good example is Ichigo 100%, or even the Fate/stay night anime adaptation.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.