AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-21, 19:26   Link #101
Tatakae
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Switzerland
Age: 38
I don't see a big difference in animation quality compared to the old episodes. It's also difficult to compare animation quality because there wasn't a lot of action in this new episode anyway. Character designs have changed just very slightly towards a more moe sort of style. One thing however which struck me visually as different to the first original episodes are increased shots with fisheye camera angles and higher viewpoint angles in general, a technique which KyoAni also frequently uses in K-On.
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:33   Link #102
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
You calling me the troll? I said the RAW is posted on youtube, I wait for subs to watch it... But after seeing all the pics(I watched the new ED already), I want to watch it now .
I'm not calling you a troll

I'm saying the real subs are out, not referring to the troll subs by coa****s or sh**-*x (this might be a raw instead of a troll, but I'm not sure).
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:36   Link #103
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
One thing however which struck me visually as different to the first original episodes are increased shots with fisheye camera angles and higher viewpoint angles in general, a technique which KyoAni also frequently uses in K-On.
And in Clannad and Kanon as well.

They've been doing that SINCE Haruhi, really. To be expected.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:38   Link #104
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina, Canada
Age: 22
Im DLing a torrent by some unknown fansubs, wonder if its legit...will know within 6 mins :P
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:39   Link #105
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
I don't see a big difference in animation quality compared to the old episodes. It's also difficult to compare animation quality because there wasn't a lot of action in this new episode anyway. Character designs have changed just very slightly towards a more moe sort of style. One thing however which struck me visually as different to the first original episodes are increased shots with fisheye camera angles and higher viewpoint angles in general, a technique which KyoAni also frequently uses in K-On.
I need to rewatch the old episodes, but from memory, I agree with you that I don't see any big difference, or noticeable ones, in animation design.

KyoAni = creative camera angles, so no surprises there. For someone who hasn't watched K-On (the TV broadcast image quality does no justice), I don't notice any difference from the first season.

On another note,
Spoiler for Nagato:
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:41   Link #106
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
Im DLing a torrent by some unknown fansubs, wonder if its legit...will know within 6 mins :P
It's legit, but I don't know about the accuracy of the translation.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:43   Link #107
magnum
Lurking Around
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Phil.
Maybe we should now move this into Currently Aired Series Section since S2 is finally out.
__________________
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:44   Link #108
shaoron
AQS representative
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
On another note,
Spoiler for Nagato:
who the heck are you, Kyon!?
anyway... if you read the novels, Kyon mentioned something similar...
__________________
I am never gonna say good bye,
never run around is my body, never desert you is my blood
unknown to telling lies, nor known to hurting you
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:47   Link #109
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The actors also have to switch out of Haruhi-chan mode, which they seem to have done for the most part.
LOL this was the exact same thing my on mind as well the moment I opened the file

Btw, Live-Evil & Dattebayo have subbed this... dunno if any downloads have been complete yet though.

Anyway, did anyone count how many times Kyon said "kawaii~~" during the ep?
Execution was good imo. For some reason I pretty much PREDICTED/EXPECTED that the episode's break/half-way mark would be at the first sighting of middle school Haruhi... actually, it wasn't hard to guess

Ah man, this makes me feel like re-reading some old chapters now


Off-topic: Random thought, I'm sure someone has probably already mentioned this though...
I'm GUESSING Lucky Star will be eligible for Saimoe2009 (via the OVA). If we're not gonna be getting anymore Lucky Star anime, then this means that this year will be the only year where the Lucky Star cast and Haruhi case can be in the same Saimoe tournament... lol its gonna be mayhem, can't wait
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:47   Link #110
Hao
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
On another note,
Spoiler for Nagato:
There was that close-up of the twinkle in her eyes, so perhaps yes indeed!

Just watched it, and loved it. The new OST is very refreshing.
Hao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:48   Link #111
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
who the heck are you, Kyon!?
anyway... if you read the novels, Kyon mentioned something similar...
No, I haven't read the novels. Now I'm too scared to read them.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:50   Link #112
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina, Canada
Age: 22
The one on Mininova(torrent site) is legit, I will watch it but will DL better subs later
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:50   Link #113
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Btw, Live-Evil & Dattebayo have subbed this... dunno if any downloads have been complete yet though.
I think that's Episode 1. (Ah, my mistake. So they're referring to this as Episode 1. Numbering systems drive me crazy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Off-topic: Random thought, I'm sure someone has probably already mentioned this though...
I'm GUESSING Lucky Star will be eligible for Saimoe2009 (via the OVA). If we're not gonna be getting anymore Lucky Star anime, then this means that this year will be the only year where the Lucky Star cast and Haruhi case can be in the same Saimoe tournament... lol its gonna be mayhem, can't wait
Lucky Star vs Clannad vs K-On vs Haruhi. Hmm.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:53   Link #114
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Lucky Star vs Clannad vs K-On vs Lucky Star. Hmm.
Err... I'm assuming one of those Lucky Stars is supposed to be Haruhi
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:54   Link #115
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
No, I haven't read the novels. Now I'm too scared to read them.
They're too great to not read. You should read them.

Support Yen Press and Little, Brown by buying the books when they come out, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
I think that's Episode 1. (Ah, my mistake. So they're referring to this as Episode 1. Numbering systems drive me crazy.)
This is Episode 8 of the new season.

Can't wait until the [Yuki] fansubs come out, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Lucky Star vs Clannad vs K-On vs Lucky Star. Hmm.
Mio has already won, unfortunately.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:56   Link #116
Bri
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Grabbed the subbed [mazui] version. Well the subs made things a lot more clear and more enjoayable. My understanding of Japanese is really not good enough yet to figure out the full drift of an episode.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:01   Link #117
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Err... I'm assuming one of those Lucky Stars is supposed to be Haruhi
Thanks, my Konarithis was acting up.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:03   Link #118
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Are we considering this licensed or not ?
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:05   Link #119
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Are we considering this licensed or not ?
From what I've seen, yes. It's considered licensed.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:05   Link #120
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 28
Not I think. There is no announcement of a deal to secure the addendum to the original episodes yet...
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.