AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-21, 19:44   Link #2121
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, mentality-wise. The novel's localization had some of that too, mostly in "Principal Toupee" and his slightly increased lusting after Mikuru.

No complaints there.
Do you mean Kyon's acting like "La la la laaaaaa! Mikuru is the bestest thing evar! I mean, look at her beautiful brown/red hair! Her pitiful face! Her entire moe complexityyyyyyy! I worship you and the ground you walk on! etc!" ?

Because I thought that was always there, and if it wasn't it annoys the hell out of me.
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:46   Link #2122
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... It was never that bad, was it?
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:52   Link #2123
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Because I thought that was always there, and if it wasn't it annoys the hell out of me.
No, I mean, they added some stuff about him wanting to take her home, etc.

Making his desires seem more base than just pure idol worship. I liked that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... It was never that bad, was it?
No, he is using hyperbole.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:54   Link #2124
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No, he is using hyperbole.
Well obviously. But that sounds a bit too much.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:16   Link #2125
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No, I mean, they added some stuff about him wanting to take her home, etc.

Making his desires seem more base than just pure idol worship. I liked that.



No, he is using hyperbole.
Great, now Kyon's turned into Rena Ryugu :P But, wouldn't thinking about taking someone home be WORSE than just describing them to percise detail? Sounds stalker-ish to me.

@Kogetsu: not THAT much, but it does annoy me. Like, Kyon hating Itsuki because Mikuru fangirled over him in Melancholy among other reasons.
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:18   Link #2126
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Great, now Kyon's turned into Rena Ryugu :P But, wouldn't thinking about taking someone home be WORSE than just describing them to percise detail? Sounds stalker-ish to me.
Exactly, which is what makes it funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
@Kogetsu: not THAT much, but it does annoy me. Like, Kyon hating Itsuki because Mikuru fangirled over him in Melancholy among other reasons.
Kyon hates other men. You haven't realized this yet from how he treats all his male friends, Koizumi, and Fujiwara? (Though the latter two kind of deserve it...)
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:21   Link #2127
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Exactly, which is what makes it funny.



Kyon hates other men. You haven't realized this yet from how he treats all his male friends, Koizumi, and Fujiwara? (Though the latter two kind of deserve it...)
I'm still in the latter parts of Novel 6, so I don't know much about Fujiwara other than he's a time-traveller (if I recal correctly) and that Kyon calls him a "Sneering Bastard." And I figured him not exactly liking Kunikida and Taniguchi was because they're kind of low on the intelligence hierarchy.
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:24   Link #2128
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
I'm still in the latter parts of Novel 6, so I don't know much about Fujiwara other than he's a time-traveller (if I recal correctly) and that Kyon calls him a "Sneering Bastard." And I figured him not exactly liking Kunikida and Taniguchi was because they're kind of low on the intelligence hierarchy.
Well, T&K aren't stupid per se. They're just total idiots with no sense of responsibility. You know, normal teenagers.

You'd think he'd treat Kunikida, who he's known for years, better, but...


And yeah, Fujiwara is, well, basically Evil Koizumi.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:28   Link #2129
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

You'd think he'd treat Kunikida, who he's known for years, better, but...
Well, how does Kyon treat Sasaki since she's a female and he's known her for years?
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:29   Link #2130
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Well, how does Kyon treat Sasaki since she's a female and he's known her for years?
With respect. Because she's a good looking girl and he used to have a crush on her though he won't admit it.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:37   Link #2131
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
What about Mr. Arakawa and the two brothers in the Lone Island chapter? I'm sure he respected them since I don't remember that many bad remarks about them?
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:38   Link #2132
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
What about Mr. Arakawa and the two brothers in the Lone Island chapter? I'm sure he respected them since I don't remember that many bad remarks about them?
They're older than he is.

He tends to have no respect whatsoever for males his age. Probably because, subconsciously, he thinks they'll steal the harem he's somehow managed to gain.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:39   Link #2133
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
In all fairness, it's not just guys that Kyon treats like crap. He's just a little nicer about it with girls. Because he's a guy and thinks with his pants.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:44   Link #2134
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They're older than he is.

He tends to have no respect whatsoever for males his age. Probably because, subconsciously, he thinks they'll steal the harem he's somehow managed to gain.
Hmmm. I wonder whaj would happen if Mikuru went out with Itsuki...
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:47   Link #2135
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
In all fairness, it's not just guys that Kyon treats like crap. He's just a little nicer about it with girls. Because he's a guy and thinks with his pants.
Which is why Kyon is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Hmmm. I wonder whaj would happen if Mikuru went out with Itsuki...
Kyon would probably kill him.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:52   Link #2136
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Hmmm. I wonder whaj would happen if Mikuru went out with Itsuki...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Kyon would probably kill him.
. . . Hopefully it wouldn't come down to Kyon killing everyone who comes close to finding out about it in order to keep it a secret... he'd end up killing Nagato shortly afterwards...
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:55   Link #2137
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
Kyon would probably kill him.
Before or after Kyon gave a soliloquy(sp?) on how Mikuru was subtly crying at Kyon's cruel heartedness and quivering at every move that Itsuki and Kyon made?

EDIT: Regarding Kogetsu's comment; We're making this turn into Higurashi more and more by the minute...
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:59   Link #2138
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'm pretty sure Kyon would be smarter than to kill him when witnesses are around.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:01   Link #2139
Solachinx
is a myth
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I'm pretty sure Kyon would be smarter than to kill him when witnesses are around.
Did you see how he acted in Sigh? He was ready to sock Haruhi and Itsuki WHILE FILMING.
__________________
Trambampoline!
Solachinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:02   Link #2140
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
. . . Hopefully it wouldn't come down to Kyon killing everyone who comes close to finding out about it in order to keep it a secret... he'd end up killing Nagato shortly afterwards...
Those plans never work. The airship always ends up in flames and you lose your hat.

Cookies to the first person who gets the reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
EDIT: Regarding Kogetsu's comment; We're making this turn into Higurashi more and more by the minute...
Wait until you see the VN's Time Traveler route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Did you see how he acted in Sigh? He was ready to sock Haruhi and Itsuki WHILE FILMING.
GRR MALE RAGE
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.