AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-05-21, 20:12   Link #1
Shadow Kira01

Cordless Phones

Anybody here uses it?

How long do you have to charge the battery if there is no indicator on the LCD screen? Every time I answer a call, the call ends with a message on the LCD screen indicating low battery yet the low battery message don't appear when it is ringing or idle. It is quite annoying when it happens as that most callers don't call twice, whether it be spam or promotions.

Another question, when you decide to buy new batteries. Does it matter which brand you get or you can just buy any battery that fits and is the same size and capacity? I find cordless phones to be very convenient but the only problem is the battery lifespan when there is no indicator on the LCD screen like how it does on a NDS.

Mine is a 5.8Ghz from GE.

Edit: What is the difference between 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz cordless phones. Which one has problems with routers? I plan on getting one in a few months but will it conflict with my 5.8Ghz cordless phone or does the problems only occur with the 2.4Ghz cordless phones?

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-05-21 at 20:16. Reason: added another question.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:30   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Anybody here uses it?

How long do you have to charge the battery if there is no indicator on the LCD screen? Every time I answer a call, the call ends with a message on the LCD screen indicating low battery yet the low battery message don't appear when it is ringing or idle. It is quite annoying when it happens as that most callers don't call twice, whether it be spam or promotions.

Another question, when you decide to buy new batteries. Does it matter which brand you get or you can just buy any battery that fits and is the same size and capacity? I find cordless phones to be very convenient but the only problem is the battery lifespan when there is no indicator on the LCD screen like how it does on a NDS.

Mine is a 5.8Ghz from GE.

Edit: What is the difference between 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz cordless phones. Which one has problems with routers? I plan on getting one in a few months but will it conflict with my 5.8Ghz cordless phone or does the problems only occur with the 2.4Ghz cordless phones?
1) Sounds like you may need new batteries for your handsets. They do wear out eventually. Most electronic/department stores sell replacements.
Usually you only get one choice - but go lithium-ion if you can (they are less prone to the problems ni-cads have with false "full" readings).
The first time you use them, give them a full 8 hr charge before using it - and then leave it off the stand til it runs completely down. then charge it 8hrs again.

2) Some phones do have battery indicators... but most of them don't work very well. ("I'm fine, Dave......... oops, I died").

3) 5.8Ghz are less likely to muck with your computer wireless network if it is a 802.11/b or /g network (both tend to run in the 2.4GHz range). 802.11/n networks do operate in the 5GHz band so that might be an issue. /n networks are multi-spectrum-hopping so it might be more resilient to crosstalk from phone/microwave/etc chatter.

All the gory details are here.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 23:55   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
1) Sounds like you may need new batteries for your handsets. They do wear out eventually. Most electronic/department stores sell replacements.
Usually you only get one choice - but go lithium-ion if you can (they are less prone to the problems ni-cads have with false "full" readings).
The first time you use them, give them a full 8 hr charge before using it - and then leave it off the stand til it runs completely down. then charge it 8hrs again.

2) Some phones do have battery indicators... but most of them don't work very well. ("I'm fine, Dave......... oops, I died").

3) 5.8Ghz are less likely to muck with your computer wireless network if it is a 802.11/b or /g network (both tend to run in the 2.4GHz range). 802.11/n networks do operate in the 5GHz band so that might be an issue. /n networks are multi-spectrum-hopping so it might be more resilient to crosstalk from phone/microwave/etc chatter.

All the gory details are here.
Thanks for the enlightment!
Old 2009-05-22, 03:31   Link #4
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

Random tip.. Don't overcharge the batteries since it damages them .. Usually 12-24 hours then take it off the charger..
Animeruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 12:42   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, many cellphones have optimizing internal circuits to prevent overcharging ... most landline remote wireless phones are made just as cheaply as possible and don't include that sort of thing. Generally ( ) the batteries won't *explode/melt* but it may shorten their lifespan, sometimes considerably.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 21:05   Link #6
Shadow Kira01

Thanks for the tips.

I usually charge it for 2-3 hours, perhaps that's the reason why the batteries tend to die as soon as I answer a call. I guess I will just charge it 8 hours a day but the problem is that the cordless phone doesn't seem to work like the DS in terms of that you won't know whether it is under-charged or over-charged because when it isn't in use, it would be placed on the charger/docker.