AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-21, 07:24   Link #101
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
It's his crime he defends with those ideals. Yes, it's his right. And it's also Nina's right to remove his from the platoon for that.
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
If it wasn't for his earlier actions, Nina could just fire him on the spot.
That’s a bit harsh. Nina isn’t like that at all. She is as you said, a paladin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Heck, Gorneo and his monkey want to kill him even though they're aware of his accomplishments.
Which Layfon could’ve killed them in the process. But he didn’t, he spared them, even with his ‘ideals’. So he didn’t stray off afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
You're talking as if his crime was stealing bread from bakery. His crimes were severe enough to grant his exile, removal of his rank and hatred from whole Grendan city. The conflict of those ideals weren't something trivial like "you like yellow huh? I don't like it, let's separate".
That’s Grendan, now he’s in Zuellni. And what he did in Zuellni are by far more beneficial for its citizens than Nina can ever achieved, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Nope, Layfon would devolve back into his emo comatose as it's Nina's actions that kept him moving forward. I didn't speculate about "what would happen" anyway.
He’s perfectly capable alone mentally as shown in ep 7, 12-14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Because after all that happened, he still hid the real truth from her. He was literally asking for it.
But she still accepted him while being pissed. ‘I hate you!!!’, ‘I know….’. Classic. Fon-fon stood by his ideals quite gallantly.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 07:59   Link #102
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
That’s a bit harsh. Nina isn’t like that at all. She is as you said, a paladin.
She could, but yeah, she's not that reckless. I pointed out to the seriousness of the conflict with the example.
Quote:
Which Layfon could’ve killed them in the process. But he didn’t, he spared them, even with his ‘ideals’. So he didn’t stray off afterall.
I told that as examples of how others reacted to his crimes, it's not only Nina who receives it as negative.
Quote:
That’s Grendan, now he’s in Zuellni. And what he did in Zuellni are by far more beneficial for its citizens than Nina can ever achieved, yes?
The crimes aren't erased by moving cities and what he's saying implies that he can be a threat to the platoon at the very least. Repeating once more: She doesn't want him to get kicked out of the city.
Quote:
He’s perfectly capable alone mentally as shown in ep 7, 12-14.
He had friends that he wanted to protect. His new platoon could consist of people that he wouldn't care for, like shunning or denouncing him. See: Gorneo, his monkey, multiple no-name artists that opposed him over the course of the series.
Quote:
But she still accepted him while being pissed. ‘I hate you!!!’, ‘I know….’. Classic. Fon-fon stood by his ideals quite gallantly.
Yup, because his actions were inconsistent with his words. His attitude was totally confusing.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 08:17   Link #103
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
She could, but yeah, she's not that reckless. I pointed out to the seriousness of the conflict with the example.
Splendid then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
I told that as examples of how others reacted to his crimes, it's not only Nina who receives it as negative.
Yes, but Nina confronted him because of his dark ‘motives’ and ‘ahm evil’ aura with the possibility to stray off. Which of course, didn’t happen from ep 1 to 8. Others also saw him of his crimes, which he easily repel and could’ve killed them considering his ‘motives’, that is none other the essence of his survival, but he didn’t. He kept himself in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
The crimes aren't erased by moving cities and what he's saying implies that he can be a threat to the platoon at the very least.
Implications, which are quite the opposite of what already happen, that was he kept being lawful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Repeating once more: She doesn't want him to get kicked out of the city.
Yes, only the possibility of replacing him from the platoon. Hence she couldn’t accept differences other than her ideals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraminus
Yup, because his actions were inconsistent with his words. His attitude was totally confusing.
Considering his survival philosophy, I’d say it’s fairly consistent and that’s Layfon for you.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 09:10   Link #104
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Yes, but Nina confronted him because of his dark ‘motives’ and ‘ahm evil’ aura with the possibility to stray off. Which of course, didn’t happen from ep 1 to 8. Others also saw him of his crimes, which he easily repel and could’ve killed them considering his ‘motives’, that is none other the essence of his survival, but he didn’t. He kept himself in check.

Implications, which are quite the opposite of what already happen, that was he kept being lawful.
Motives that caused his crimes, if those motives remained, who's to say he wouldn't commit them again? You should be aware that he could in fact be evil who were merely playing along to a charade, from Nina and others' point of view. We're judging him based on what happened really back in Grendan, the real, uncovered truth we're shown. The truth which is not available to Nina and others.
Quote:
Yes, only the possibility of replacing him from the platoon. Hence she couldn’t accept differences other than her ideals.
You're downplaying the importance of the issue to something like football club fandom. I've pointed out the severity of the issue multiple times already.
Quote:
Considering his survival philosophy, I’d say it’s fairly consistent and that’s Layfon for you.
Like I said above: You're commenting based on the real past shown to us, the audience. Nina cannot watch CSR, she cannot know what happened back in Grendan.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 09:31   Link #105
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Motives that caused his crimes, if those motives remained, who's to say he wouldn't commit them again?
Himself and his actions that are already happened? During ep 1 -9, maybe 10, he didn’t cause any crimes. The facts contradicts the implications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
You should be aware that he could in fact be evil who were merely playing along to a charade, by Nina and other's point of view. We're judging him based on what happened really back in Grendan, the real, uncovered truth we're shown. The truth which is not available to Nina and others.
Well not the way I see it on the accounts of what already happened. He saved tens of thousands of lives and until ep 9 manage to keep himself in check. Even before or after Nina viewed him as evil in ep 9 he didn’t commit any crimes at all but instead good and possibly heroic deeds. Afterwards we haven’t seen him straying off. Nina already viewed him as evil as shown at the end of ep 9 with the possibility of replacing him from the platoon. But we know how ep 10 turns out. She gave up and backs off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
You're downplaying the importance of the issue to something like football club fandom. I've pointed out the severity of the issue multiple times already.
As am I. She couldn’t accepted people’s opinion. Its because Layfon’s ‘ideal’/’point of view’ is [(i) gay; or (ii) atheist; or (iii) socialist; or (iv) materialistic; or (v) selfish, or (vi) any other] she immediately shun him. That’s Nina for you where she couldn’t accept diversity of opinions at first. But the end of ep 10 she finally gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Like I said above: You're commenting based on the real past shown to us, the audience. Nina cannot watch CSR, she cannot know what happened back in Grendan.
Well in Nina’s point of view from the events ep 9 and 10 be it as evil as he is she finally gave up and accepted him. Good for her.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 10:05   Link #106
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Continuing the discussion from ep 19 thread here now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Himself and his actions that are already happened? During ep 1 -9, maybe 10, he didn’t cause any crimes. The facts contradicts the implications.

Well not the way I see it on the accounts of what already happened. He saved tens of thousands of lives and until ep 9 manage to keep himself in check. Even before or after Nina viewed him as evil in ep 9 he didn’t commit any crimes at all but instead good and possibly heroic deeds. Afterwards we haven’t seen him straying off. Nina already viewed him as evil as shown at the end of ep 9 with the possibility of replacing him from the platoon. But we know how ep 10 turns out. She gave up and backs off.
As I said, he could have been making an act to gain their trust, he could be anything. The guy was an enigma by all means, his power, his motives, where he was from and what he was doing till now. Nina just learned his past and it literally is a wreck as told to her. He makes a case out of it and hides only the parts that prove him innocent.
Quote:
As am I. She couldn’t accepted people’s opinion. Its because Layfon’s ‘ideal’/’point of view’ is [(i) gay; or (ii) atheist; or (iii) socialist; or (iv) materialistic; or (v) selfish, or (vi) any other] she immediately shun him. That’s Nina for you where she couldn’t accept diversity of opinions at first. But the end of ep 10 she finally gave up.
Let me point out the link between the crimes he defends and Nina's concern:

- Insubordination: Among the heaviest crime possible in the military, would result in expulsion.
- Using rank for illegal exploits: Among the most dire crimes for state officials, would result in expulsion.
- Using deadly force against a witness: You guess.

It's got nothing to with being gay or atheist.
Quote:
Well in Nina’s point of view from the events ep 9 and 10 be it as evil as he is she finally gave up and accepted him. Good for her.
Thankfully you cleared Nina of that charge at least.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 10:29   Link #107
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Honoring Ultramarinus and other posters requests,


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
As I said, he could have been making an act to gain their trust, he could be anything. The guy was an enigma by all means, his power, his motives, where he was from and what he was doing till now. Nina just learned his past and it literally is a wreck as told to her.
Again………implications which contradicts of the facts that happened. Has he committed any crime during this enigmatic gesture? It’s actually the opposite. And again, Nina should’ve check on this thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
He makes a case out of it and hides only the parts that prove him innocent.
Fon-fon was never innocent and never will. Back in Grendan he committed a serious crime which I stated earlier: (i) participated in underground match for money; (ii) nearly killed a guy for blackmailing him with the pretext of a exhibition match or bout; (iii) disclosing the fear that Martial Artist are not human; (iv) disgracing the Heaven Blades name, hence the queen; and finally (v) disgracing the Psyharden, his master’s code of conduct. His actions were punishable by death, but by the grace of the Queen the punishment was reduced to only exile. That’s what happened in the past. In the past,

Now in Zuellni he started a whole new life where so far he is good and heroic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
- Insubordination: Among the heaviest crime possible in the military, would result in expulsion.
- Using rank for illegal exploits: Among the most dire crimes for state officials, would result in explusion.
- Using deadly force against a witness: You guess.
Grendan was a thing of the past so I’m going to talk his feats on Zuellni.

- Insubordination and expulsion, but because of what? His actions within Zuellni’s jurisdiction that’re already happened are within boundaries, and he saved Zuellni, proven to be an indispensable military asset. Because his ideals differs from his superior? If that’s the reason Nina would file for an expulsion or court marshaling Fon-fon then it only made her more and more selfish and couldn’t accept people’s opinion even more.

- Using rank for illegal exploits, what crimes did Fon-fon commit in Zuellni? None. Just expressing and defending his opinion that differs from his superior.

- Using deadly force against a witness: You guess. Back in Grendan, not in Zuellni he’s not.

Taken all the above into account further shows the quality of the superior Fon-fon’s under is it?

But relax, episode 10 had proven otherwise. She gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
It's got nothing to with being gay or atheist. She already tolerates lazy bums who try to avoid work by any means possible, so she's not a bigot.
She didn’t tolerate Fon-fon just because his way of thinking is different. Now that’s something.

On side note, Fon-fon is above the military law because of what he’s capable of. At least him and Felli. If Nina wants to expelled him then by all means, many would simply take him under their wings and Nina’s squad can return of being ordinary again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Thankfully you cleared Nina of that charge at least
Yeah Fon-fon’s stood by his ideals and Nina couldn’t do anything about it and finally gave up and accepted him. It shows that she actually grows.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 10:58   Link #108
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Again………implications which contradicts of the facts that happened. Has he committed any crime during this enigmatic gesture? It’s actually the opposite. And again, Nina should’ve check on this thoroughly.
His good deeds were no more real than his bad deeds, as he himself tells her such, Nina has to take his word. There isn't any other source of information except Gorneo, who already had told the same.

Quote:
Fon-fon was never innocent and never will. Back in Grendan he committed a serious crime which I stated earlier: (i) participated in underground match for money; (ii) nearly killed a guy for blackmailing him with the pretext of a exhibition match or bout; (iii) disclosing the fear that Martial Artist are not human; (iv) disgracing the Heaven Blades name, hence the queen; and finally (v) disgracing the Psyharden, his master’s code of conduct. His actions were punishable by death, but by the grace of the Queen the punishment was reduced to only exile. That’s what happened in the past. In the past,

Now in Zuellni he started a whole new life where so far he is good and heroic.
He did those mostly to fund the orphanage, he was at fault but the motives were selfless, maybe except cutting down that guy. If he made his case like that, he could receive a lesser punishment or at least the Queen could use her initiative in the matter to at least let him stay. Not to mention Nina could at least not offer separating.
Quote:
Grendan was a thing of the past so I’m going to talk his feats on Zuellni.

- Insubordination and expulsion, but because of what? His actions within Zuellni’s jurisdiction that’re already happened are within boundaries, and he saved Zuellni, proven to be an indispensable military asset. Because his ideals differs from his superior? If that’s the reason Nina would file for an expulsion or court marshaling Fon-fon then it only made her more and more selfish and couldn’t accept people’s opinion even more.

- Using rank for illegal exploits, what crimes did Fon-fon commit in Zuellni? None. Just expressing and defending his opinion that differs from his superior.

- Using deadly force against a witness: You guess. Back in Grendan, not in Zuellni he’s not.

Taken all the above into account further shows the quality of the superior Fon-fon’s under is it?

But relax, episode 10 had proven otherwise. She gave up.
Seriously, maybe we should just stop arguing about this particular matter. It seems that our understanding of a military structure, criminal law and commander responsibilities is totally different and you've been refusing all of my explanations to their nature.

His crimes' implications persist over moving, he refuses to repent, rather he defends his crimes, his ideas threaten the platoon's teamwork and safety. As long as you continue to ignore these facts, we'll just continue to repeat with different words. Let's say we disagree about the matter and be done with it.

One last thing: She didn't give up, she saw through his deceit.
Quote:
She didn’t tolerate Fon-fon just because his way of thinking is different. Now that’s something.

On side note, Fon-fon is above the military law because of what he’s capable of. At least him and Felli. If Nina wants to expelled him then by all means, many would simply take him under their wings and Nina’s squad can return of being ordinary again.
She didn't tolerate his way of thinking because it goes against military, law and squad safety. Let's drop this as well and call it a disagreement.

As I said several times before, she would just have him moved to another platoon. She doesn't have the authority to expel, she didn't imply that either.
Quote:
Yeah Fon-fon’s stood by his ideals and Nina couldn’t do anything about it and finally gave up and accepted him. It shows that she actually grows.
Felli told them about Layfon's true ideals and it made sense, so she drops the matter. If she thought he really was like how he told, (EBUL!!!) she wouldn't let it go.

Now that we moved here and seemingly closed a few topics as disagreements, I'd really like to see your reasons as to why you like Nina. Because your list of criticisms pretty much covers all the aspects of her character.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 11:27   Link #109
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
His good deeds were no more real than his bad deeds, as he himself tells her such, Nina has to take his word. There isn't any other source of information except Gorneo, who already had told the same.
Then she had amnesia of the good things Fon-fon’s conducted during in Zuellni? Fon-fon hadn’t violated any laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
He did those mostly to fund the orphanage, he was at fault but the motives were selfless, maybe except cutting down that guy. If he made his case like that, he could receive a lesser punishment or at least the Queen could use her initiative in the matter to at least let him stay. Not to mention Nina could at least not offer separating.
His crimes were severe in the eyes of Grendan’s and the royal family. Fon-fon was just lucky really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
and you've been refusing all of my explanations to their nature.

long as you continue to ignore these facts, we'll just continue to repeat with different words.
Unfortunately, as are you. You argued about ‘motives’, I argued about ‘facts’, ‘events that happened’.

Grendan events:

- He committed crime in Grendan and had been punished;
- Has a motive of survival;

Zuellni events

- Arrived at Zuellni, during this has his motive of survival;
- Beat squad 16, during this has his motive of survival;
- Saved the city in ep 5, during this has his motive of survival;
- Fighting the dragon in ep 7 saving the city again, during this has his motive of survival;
- Fighting Gorneo and co, during this has his motive of survival;
- Conducting surveillance to the Goat City; during this has his motive of survival;
- Confront Nina, his past exposed, stood by his ideals and during this has his motive of survival
- Confront Shante and Gorneo who probably intends to kill him, beat them off, but he spared them, during this has his motive of survival;
- Ep 12 – ep 15, during these periods he has his motive of survival;

He had his motives, but still, he didn’t commit any crimes at all. These are what you seems didn't take into account.

If we arguing about ‘motives’, then pretty much Nina’s recklessness and forcefulness should’ve been taken into account because of her nature to not thinking strategically as seen 2 years prior, in ep 2, 6, and 16. And she should’ve been strip out of her rank permanently because he’s unfit to be a leader, it could simply happen again in the future because of these events and based on ‘motives’ alone. Not because of facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
She didn't tolerate his way of thinking because it goes against military, law and squad safety. Let's drop this as well and call it a disagreement.
And you dismiss the fact the Fon-fon hadn’t conduct any crimes of violations under her leadership, but so far he obeyed nearly every order that was given, including from the high ranks. Just because his way of thinking is different she consider them as a ‘crime’.

Maybe you’re right. Lets disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
As I said several times before, she would just have him moved to another platoon. She doesn't have the authority to expel, she didn't imply that either.
You’re right, he should remove under different platoon where they can at least tolerate his differences rather than a rather ‘racist’ or ‘chauvinistic’ squad who likes to prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Felli told them about Layfon's true ideals and it made sense, so she drops the matter. If she thought he really was like how he told, (EBUL!!!) she wouldn't let it go.
Your right, that’s why she’s still angry with him in the end. Good for them.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 11:45   Link #110
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Then she had amnesia of the good things Fon-fon’s conducted during in Zuellni? Fon-fon hadn’t violated any laws.
Once more, those do not clear out his crimes.
Quote:
His crimes were severe in the eyes of Grendan’s and the royal family. Fon-fon was just lucky really.
Because he hid the truth there as well apparently. Even the children of the orphanage who received those cookies had no idea it was dirty money.

Quote:
Unfortunately, as are you. You argued about ‘motives’, I argued about ‘facts’, ‘events that happened’.
I've told about facts of military structure, criminal law and squad safety, that applies in the world of Regios as well. I also told about his crimes that were also facts and his lies that were also facts, from the characters' point of view.

I just saw the same discussion the previous page here and it looks like you held the same view back then. Best if we just drop it like Layfon & Nina did.
Quote:
And you dismiss the fact the Fon-fon hadn’t conduct any crimes of violations under his leadership, but so far he obeyed nearly every order that was given, including from the high ranks. Just because his way of thinking is different she consider them as a ‘crime’.

Maybe you’re right. Lets disagree.
Agreed on that last sentence.
Quote:
You’re right, he should remove under different platoon where they can at least tolerate his differences rather than a rather ‘racist’ or ‘chauvinistic’ squad who likes to prejudice.
To think you're portraying that ideology conflict as racism now, I'm just dropping it. Whatever floats your boat.
Quote:
Your right, that’s why she’s still angry with him in the end. Good for them.
Yup, it makes sense to get angry at liars.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 12:03   Link #111
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarines
Once more, those do not clear out his crimes.
His Grendan crimes were an undisputed hard facts. However he already undergone punishment. About his ‘motives’ his feats are more than t enough to overrule that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
I've told about facts of military structure, criminal law and squad safety, that applies in the world of Regios as well. I also told about his crimes that were also facts and his lies that were also facts, from the characters' point of view.
As I stated earlier his crimes were in the past. During his presence within Zuellni’s military from ep 5 onwards he obeyed every orders and was a dutiful soldier and saved the city. Where does his ‘motives’ were actually harmful to others and for the benefit of the city as a whole other than to our closed-minded captain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
I just saw the same discussion the previous page here and it looks like you held the same view back then.
Yes you’re right. It’s really unfortunate that at least to me you couldn’t provide a rather sufficient counter argument about all of his feats and facts he already did against his motives and lying habits rather than clinging on stuffs in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
To think you're portraying that ideology conflict as racism now, I'm just dropping it. Whatever floats your boat
Your right, it’s not racism, but conflict of ideologies, hence Nina likes to prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
Yup, it makes sense to get angry at liars.
In a unique and funny way on how she delivered them, I can give you that.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 12:20   Link #112
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
His Grendan crimes were an undisputed hard facts. However he already undergone punishment. About his ‘motives’ his feats are more than t enough to overrule that.
I said this multiple times already, still, here comes one last time: It's not a matter of exacting revenge on his crimes but if he rehabilitated or not. If you don't see the difference between these two, I have nothing more to offer on the matter.
Quote:
As I stated earlier his crimes were in the past. During his presence within Zuellni’s military from ep 5 onwards he obeyed every orders and was a dutiful soldier and saved the city. Where does his ‘motives’ were actually harmful to others and for the benefit of the city as a whole other than to our closed-minded captain?
I guess I should've chosen the easy way out and asked if you'd work together with a Hitler who says, "burned 5 million people and proud of it" to your face or send him to another platoon.

On another note, if you'd like to make a reversal of our roles so far, I'd like you to state what you like about Nina and in return, I'll tell what I don't like about her. What do you say?
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 12:33   Link #113
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
I said this multiple times already, still, here comes one last time: It's not a matter of exacting revenge on his crimes but if he rehabilitated or not. If you don't see the difference between these two, I have nothing more to offer on the matter.
I do, you're arguing that Fon-fon hadn’t feel sorry for his past mistake therefore he’s dangerous. I for one think that considering these subjects I’ve mentioned earlier,

Quote:
(i) that criminal is doing fine in the local premises not violating the laws; (ii) had undergone his punishment, (iii) the environment around are invested hundreds of thousands or probably million creatures thats hungry for human flesh; and (iv) He’s the only one capable defending the city or area where its populations are around tens of thousands where loved ones reside; then overruling such ‘value’ and ‘motive’ are but a small price to pay, at least in my case.
Quote:
He had been ‘punished’, ‘penalised’, and had undergone them as an exile. His ‘ideals’ are his and him alone. Its his right. I refer to point (i) of my previous post ‘(i) that criminal is doing fine in the local premises not violating the laws’, from ep 1 till 8 he hasn’t done anything wrong. My point (ii) until (iv) just reinforce his worth even further and that’s why Nina should take them into account.
Of which you replied,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
It's his crime he defends with those ideals. Yes, it's his right. And it's also Nina's right to remove his from the platoon for that. If it wasn't for his earlier actions, Nina could just fire him on the spot. Heck, Gorneo and his monkey want to kill him even though they're aware of his accomplishments. Why are you so fixated on just Nina's response as if she's the only one who didn't understand him? Sharnid couldn't see it till Felli told them as well.
Considering the feats he had and could’ve given to Zuellni in the future, overruling such motive is but a small price to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
I guess I should've chosen the easy way out and asked if you'd work together with a Hitler who says, "burned 5 million people and proud of it" to your face or sent him to another platoon
LOL, Slick_rick also asked me the same question which I replied,

Quote:
Gah man, you bring up one of the most extreme example. Okay if ‘Hitler’ had saved millions of citizens including friends and families of New York twice from alien assault I’d be wary too, but considering his expertise in near-future with potential of saving more millions again from alien attacks and like he’s the only one capable on doing it around the area so…
Maybe yes but not proud of it.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 12:56   Link #114
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I do, you're arguing that Fon-fon hadn’t feel sorry for his past mistake therefore he’s dangerous. I for one think that considering these subjects I’ve mentioned earlier,

Of which you replied,

Considering the feats he had and could’ve given to Zuellni in the future, overruling such motive is but a small price to pay.
The thing is that, he clearly states himself that he has such a motive. That's the key point here.
Quote:
LOL, Slick_rick also asked me the same question which I replied,

Maybe yes but not proud of it.
I'm aware that he did, but my questions differed with these extra conditions:

- Hitler will state that he doesn't regret and that he'd do it again.
- You can just replace Hitler to another platoon so you won't see his ugly mug but he'll continue to save people.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 13:15   Link #115
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
The thing is that, he clearly states himself that he has such a motive. That's the key point here.
Which is alright to overrule considering all the above feats. Tis but a small price to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
I'm aware that he did, but my questions differed with these extra conditions:

- Hitler will state that he doesn't regret and that he'd do it again.
- You can just replace Hitler to another platoon so you won't see his ugly mug but he'll continue to save people.
Alrighty then,

Imo the setting has to be similar to CSR in every way so we can give somewhat similar or at least close judgments.

Then I’ll give my condition: if Hitler had Fon-fon’s exact or somewhat close personality and had undergone similar stuffs that Fon-fon went then it’s alright.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-21, 13:30   Link #116
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Eh, we disagree then. The case is closed on my part at least, we have totally different opinions. But let me go back to what I said before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
On another note, if you'd like to make a reversal of our roles so far, I'd like you to state what you like about Nina and in return, I'll tell what I don't like about her. What do you say?
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-22, 22:32   Link #117
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
nina from three years ago...so pretty...


Spoiler for nina 3 years ago...:
satomianzaki is offline  
Old 2009-05-23, 04:33   Link #118
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 30
Nice pic, where's this from? Volume 13?
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-23, 07:02   Link #119
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Yea, it's nice. Apparently its from 3 years ago when she's only 15 and first enrolled to Zuellni.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-05-23, 11:14   Link #120
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
Nice pic, where's this from? Volume 13?
actually i'm not sure...i just saw it in one site and thought i'd share it here...this is one of the pics that boost my liking of nina...my impression of her before was that she's really boyish with her looks...

but seeing what she looked like before made me say she really is the prettiest among the girls of csr...even now that she has short hair...maybe also because of her personality...

satomianzaki is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.