|2004-06-19, 21:59||Link #161|
Join Date: Dec 2003
1. Full Metal Alchemist - The storyline is very deep but makes perfect sense. The characters are awesome, and there are funny scenes mixed with the seriousness of the show.
2. Prince of Tennis - Seems like not alot of people like this, but I thought it's one of the best sport anime out there along with Slam Dunk. It is also sometimes hilarious.
3. Gungrave - Just...awesome. The female main char is a pain in the ass though.
4. Wolf's Rain - The story's original and action packing, the animation were great too. Studio BONES is great .
5. Can't decide between Cowboy Bebeop, Scryed, One Piece and Scrapped Princess.
|2004-06-20, 10:56||Link #162|
1) Rurouni Kenshin + OVA .............
2) Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.......................
3) Ful Metal Alchemist................. :fingers:
5) Love Hina.......................
6) Green Green..............................
7) Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien..................................
8) Inuyasha ..........................
10) Hanaukyo Maid Tai.............................
And i cant think of any more..........Is south Park part of anime too?????
|2004-06-21, 02:35||Link #163|
2. Samurai 7 (action) : from what i've seen so far the story is pretty good and a good amount of action
3. Samurai Champloo (action) : by the creator of Bebop, not sure about the story yet but the characters are great
4. One Piece (Comedy/action) : well it was just liscenced recently but....it's very funny but has it's serious moments too and good fight scenes
5. Full Metal Panic + Fumoffu (action/comedy) : Good story and plenty of funny moments
6. Condor Hero (action) : great story, beautiful action scenes, very technical martial arts anime
7. Fullmetal Alchemist (action) : another one that got liscenced recently.... same reasons as everyone else has said
8. Hunter x Hunter + OVAs (action) : kinda boring until you get to the exam part but it gets so much better from that point on.
9. Slayers (action/comedy) : It's liscenced but it's really funny
10. Naruto (action) : well you watch it already
11. Tokyo Underground (action/comdey) : nice story, great characters, pretty good action/fighting
.....my list goes on and on since i don't watch anything i don't like for more than 5 episodes.
Last edited by skreech; 2004-06-21 at 02:54.
|2004-06-22, 02:11||Link #164|
Join Date: Jun 2004
In no particular order, b/c I don't like to think too much:
Majyo no Takkyuubin
Himitsu no Akko-chan
Dr. Slump Arare-chan
Kaze no Tani no Nausica
Kochira Kameari Kouen Mae Hasshitsujyo - aka Kochi Kame
Great Teacher Onizuka
Sen to Chihiro no Kami Kakushi
I'll stop now, but I can go on for alot longer..
|2004-06-22, 03:18||Link #165|
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
well, guess I should elaborate some more :
top anime of all time
Mobile Battleship Nadesico - this one is currently IMO the only series that has managed to perfectly merge all kinds of anime elements together into a fantastic experience. There are comedy, depth, hot-blood action, serious philosophy, pure love romance, love triangle harem, parody, etc. etc. You name any element you can think of in an anime, and most likely it can be found in Nadesico. And to mix all these different and sometimes contradicting elements together smoothly is no easy task. Where FMP and GPM failed, Nadesico succeeded.
FLCL - a crazy parody show that actually has a lot of depth and emotional scenes. That's also something very rare. And Haruko RULEZ.
Kino no Tabi - I name it the introductory philosophy lecture anime. The stories are all so thought-provoking and you can keep thinking it over for deeper meaningly again and again and each time you could discover something new from different viewing perspectives. And Kino ROCKS!
Lain - it beats X-Files and Twilight Zone and anything else in the sci-fi mystery conspiracy thriller genre. This is definitely one of the most complex and confusing series. However when you piece everything together, it fits perfectly and makes perfect sense. Watching this show is like solving a very interesting puzzle.
Infinite Ryvius - the miniature human society show. It shows all kinds of darkness and struggles of all forms of human society, and how human nature functions under extreme situations. Very dark and disturbing at times.
RahXephon - a great and beautiful sci-fi romance drama with some heavy religious symbolism, imo this one is better than EVA and Saikano, with all the characters perfectly developed, the story very emotional and complex. It has some of the greatest and saddest scenes in all anime history ever.
top anime of recent time
Gunslinger Girl - great atmosphere, great characters, great music, great ending. A wonderful and somewhat sad, albeit a bit short, series.
Kita He ~ Diamond Dust Drops ~ - great atmosphere, great characters, great music, great ending. The emotions are very real and the stories very heart-warming. Another nice little series that's very warm and touching.
Gungrave - they turned the mediocre plot in the game into a great godfather-like Mafia story! Brandon and Harry, true friendship between real men!
Texhnolyze - the worthy successor to Lain. Very good atmosphere and very engaging story. another grand dark sci-fi drama.
Koi Kaze - where KGNE failed, Koi Kaze succeed (that's my opinion anyway). Great realistic atmosphere and characters, the emotions and character development are simply so fantastically realistic.
Paranoia Agent - from the one who produced Perfect Blue and Millenium Actress, it's a very weird and surreal series. Merging fiction with reality, the story is full of twists and turns and always keeps one guessing.
Kikou Sennyo Rouran - a very unorthodoxical mecha anime with very complex story and character development. I give it some bonus points for the nice chinese mythological setting and great character designs.
Last edited by dreamless; 2004-06-22 at 04:53.
|2004-06-24, 21:58||Link #167|
Join Date: Jan 2004
My Favorites, in no particular order
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Grave of the Fireflies
Juuni Kokki, or the Twelve Kingdoms
Some of these series seem to have been neglected. . .
And I have only yet begun to watch, I hope to watch some others people have given high marks to. . .
|2004-06-25, 06:41||Link #170|
Join Date: May 2003
My Favourite Anime, No particular order
Fist of the North Star (movie)
Kimi Ga Nozumi Ein
Ghost in the Shell (movie)
Princess Mononke (movie)
Street Fighter (movie)
Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu
Wicked City (movie)
Ninja Scroll (movie)
Professional Golgo 13 (movie)
|2004-06-25, 08:27||Link #171|
Join Date: Jun 2004
My top 5 anime of all time:
5) Eva: Well, I was one of those few people that hated the ending AND the movie. However, the rest of the show is extremely top draw stuff. The show grips you and refuses to let you go. Definetely one of the best shows ever.
4) Fruits Basket: Of all the shojo shows I have watched this one is my favourite. Again, I didn't like the last 2 eps, but the rest of the show is unbelieveably touching and emotional.
3) Inital D S1: I feel that this show is unfairly labeled as a show that no serious anime fan will like. This show has a very good plot, the races were great, the Eurobeats were awesome and Mako and Sayuki owns.
2) Berserk: Awesome stuff. Unlike 99.99% of all action shows out there this one has an awesome plot. And Guts is a true blue badass and not a wannable like all the other pretenders out there.
1) Hajime no Ippo: BEST. ANIME. EVER. Nothing can compare to it; the feeling, the excitement, the breath-taking moments...... this show is simply unmatched in brillance.
Gundam Seed: I have never like the Gundam series, but this show is an exception.
Orange Road: Probably the best romantic comedy ever. And the movie is the best and saddest movie ever.
Kodomo: Funniest show ever.
Banner of the stars II: The best part of the series, and a victory in storytelling
Escaflowne: The only anime which I can say has ever attain prefection.
There are probably a lot more shows out there that I didn't mention, but this is a rough idea of the greatest animes ever.
|2004-06-28, 06:16||Link #172|
Join Date: Jun 2004
my sig. says it all but im looking forward to many more like midori no hibi (downloading the the last ep) tenjou tenge is also a good one nice action kick butt, FMA and i cant think of any more at the mo but im sure there are more
there are some that made the grade but still didnt beat my best but there too many that i kno and like.
|2004-06-28, 08:23||Link #173|
Im not gonna try n put these in order. But i have tryed to pick animes of the highest quality animation, music, story,characters direction etc.
Ghost in the Shell
Grave of Fireflies
Patlabor - movies
Other animes nearly in there were princess mononoke, angels egg, Texhnolyze, samurai champloo, the hakkenden,Lupin III(Many of the movies) Jin Roh. Loads others - but my brain is dead
...I think some peoples choices were a little weak, but were not gonna get into that debate . Its what you like that counts i suppose.
|2004-07-01, 07:51||Link #174|
My TOP 5...
1. Initial D
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Last Exile
5. Prince of Tennis
I bet nobody can believe I selected Initial D as my top fav! But damn, I just love it. Anybody started driving with a cup of water in their car after seeing it? heh
|2004-07-01, 10:05||Link #176|
1.Hikaru no go - the best anime I've ever seen in my life! dramatic and emotional and simply amazing cast of characters that grows in every ep!!
I don't think any anime will be better then this one, at least not in the time been, it is that good.
2. kimi ga nozomu eien - very emotional and kinda depressing romance story. the characters were real, I could understand what they where thinking and felt. sometimes I thought I would shed a tear (but no, I didn't), great plot, characters and op song.
3. Trigun - the first ep were kinda annoying 'cause they were nothing but fillers but the later episodes were simply awsome!! great action and plot, sometimes even sad and suprising. great anime! classic.
4. Grave of the fireflies - hard to watch, no violence only missery.
Two children in the middle of a war, they eventually knew their fate yet they tried to survive. nothing helped and the end was predictable yet the most depressing thing in the history of anime in my opinion.
5.rurouni kenshin+movie+the 2ovas. (not including the later ep of the sereis / - one of the most popular animes in the world and there is a reason.
great cast of characters, orginal main character, nice romanitc side plot between kenshin and kauro.
and the ovas were amazing!! and 1nd ova was serious and beautiful, the 2nd ova (the end of all kenshin saga) was highly depressing and hard to watch...
this was the only anime I shed a tear in.
Last edited by Iron Giant; 2004-07-01 at 10:17.
|2004-07-01, 10:11||Link #177|
Join Date: Jul 2004
My Top 5.
1. FullMetal Alchemists- Shaping up tobe my favorite anime of all time.
2. Raxephon - Had the best ending ever. Evangelion was overrated and had the worst ending ever that barely made any sense. The whole giant head thing was retarded.
3. Junni Kokki - it would be the first if they ever finihed the damn story......Im still waitting.
4. Gudam Seed - my fav gundam series ever!!! I can't wait for Gundam seed 2!!!
5. Chobits - i jst loved it.
|2004-07-05, 00:43||Link #180|
Your fav. complete serie(s)-no matter the genre.
Alot of times people do genre specefic questions, but I think they miss out on others. so on this, just list your fave complete serie(s) that are fansubbed and not hard to find.
if you could do a - "type of genre" afterwards.
If you got time put them in order.
I'll start off and maybe my suggestions will help(but i doubt it, i've prolly seen what others have already heard of/seen but hey).
1. Naruto- you all know
2. Boys Be - teen dhrama
2.. Tenjou Tenge - fighting action/romance-ecchi
4.. Aishetruze Baby - dhrama
5. Midori no Hibi - comedy-romance/action
pretty soon when I finish KGNE it'll b in the op 5. I dunno, EVERYtime i watched the show I was tired from work so I can't enjoy it! it sucks! But I have to squeeze in the time i have away from sleep & work for anime.
|lists, top five|