AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-20, 15:31   Link #81
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
I never claimed he was dead. I meant during the fight scene between Aion and Chrno, Chrno sliced him and that's when he uttered the words Eloi, Eloi, lama Sabachtani (which I have memorized now ), meaning that God had forsaken him.
I actually think he died, but resurrected himself. Just like Jesus did, he reappeared and lives with us today, still.

He said he was born on desire. So as long as people do contain negative emotions or actions, It gets feed to Aion.
Old 2004-06-20, 17:58   Link #82
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
He said he was born on desire. So as long as people do contain negative emotions or actions, It gets feed to Aion.
Desire? In other words: LUST! Oooh, Lusto-chan from FMA!

Well, I still believe that Aion is teh d3viL or teh J3sUs ChRiSt.
Old 2004-06-20, 18:59   Link #83
lord Doum

Hello everyone,
this my first time on this forum but I liked that topic so much I decided to join you all in this interesting debate. I will warn you all that my post will most definetly contain spoiler about the last episode of Chrno Crusade, and I don't know how to use those spoiler tag, so don't read this if you don'T want to read about the ending of Chrno Crusade.

When I first saw the ending I understood there really was a fatima thing. So I went to read what it was all about, and thanks to google I found the information I needed. And I came to those conclusion.

What I could learn about the third fatima prophecy is that you can either see it as a warning of the failed assasination of the pope or as a warning of the upcoming apocalypse. Let's ignore the apocalypse part and focus on some part of the text.

At some point in the prophecy they say that a beast shall come fort to bring chaos to our land. The prophecy then goes on about satan breaking his chain. And that the beast and Satan would take the world into a new age of chaos. And that nothing could stop them. I think that Aion was either the beast or satan himself. and let's not forget he says something about being a shadow of god that overlapped or something like that. Meaning he would be some sort of agent of god, or an old agent of god.

So in my mind, Aion is either working for god, to help god test people fate or Aion is the beast, who is destined to destroy humanity.

to answer someone who was asking question about the text Aion says: " I am alpha and omega ..." I think he said that to sound cool only. It most be the most famous line of the bible. Watch pulp fiction, Samuel l Jackson says the original line a few time. It even was use in Transformers a few time :"I am Alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, and you shall now that my name is Megatron for I lay my vengeance upon you" (Writen in the covenent of primus if I remember correctly

Now about Regminton, he couldn't stand that god would allow a war to go on, kill two of the purest soul ever(Chrno and Rossette) and do nothing, all that in order to test the fate of the world. So he rejected god, and so god cursed him, he made him witness the wars, the murder by making him live forever. In order words, he's still an angel who as no power and no friends.

in conclusion I think it's a great ending, and I think that in a way the good characters lost, since they fought for nothing, as everything they tried to stop is still going to happen, but at the same time they won, 'cause Aion didn't succeed in all his plan.

I'm looking foward to your opinion on my ideas!
Old 2004-06-21, 01:24   Link #84
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

lord Doum

You made quite an analysis respect to the biblical implications found in CC last episode.

Indeed, I also believe that events foretold in Fatima Prophecy are the announcement of hard times and obscure ages for all the human race
because people have been enslaved by their desires for ages.

Unfortunately, Rosette and Chrno died for their faith for a better world, but still
people continued to remain unchanged for the coming ages.

Unlike the anime, the manga ends for a sense of reassurance that there's faith
out there to be discovered. To hope for the creation of a better tomorrow.

Aion achieved, after all, continuity through the unawareness of people's mistakes and sins. I think Aion became another part of the worst nature of humans, preparing to pave the way for the armaggedon.

However, as a Catholic that I am, I digress to believe that God should be or has been given treatment as a punisher to all human kind. It is after all, us who have sparked war and provoked discord due that we take for granted that desire and
pleasure have no immediate consequences, measuring nothing about the dangers
that we will give rise into the following ages.

Power or having everything onto your own incapacitates one's will and sanity.

And what causes this driven-ambition toward power, the knowledge to realize that there's or being able to create something better than what God has given to us.

Knowledge without caution and moderation, at the end corrupts.
Old 2004-06-21, 02:15   Link #85
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

lord Doum: Welcome to the forums.

The difference with Aion's statement and the ones in Pulp Fiction and Transformers, is that Chrno Crusade is, and was supposed to be from the beginning, a religious series. And with that, I think that the creators tried to prove that Aion had reached some sort of higher ascention, from being a demon to being the Devil or some other deity. He was the beginning and the end. He had the control of time. What other proof do we need to be convinced?!

And who is the beast? I've never heard of such a creature, only the Devil. Was the Beast the Devil's accomplice? Or was the Beast the previous Devil and the Devil was an angel before that?

Moreover, I think the creators tried to say something important, as did Aion:
That we are doomed no matter what we try and no matter how hard we pray.
Old 2004-06-21, 08:32   Link #86
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
I can't believe it. This is the second most sad ending I've seen Y.Y.

Still can't beat the ending of Gilgamesh. Anyway, does that mean remminton lives forever? Nice ending part on Rosette and Chrno...(Must... See... Mooreee... Cuuute.... Devil...). The remminton part is pretty nicely done too...
Old 2004-06-21, 09:14   Link #87
Oh(n)nO

Ya welcome lord Doum
I havent bin here that long my self

I found out something interesting. In the case of Aion being the alpha and the omega. I already knew that chrno was short for chronos or Khronos witch means Time Eternal and that he was the god of time or a titan of time. (yes here we go with the Greek mythology) what I didn’t know what that our friend chrno was also know as Aiôn witch apparently mean Eon or time.

But then I found this page http://hellbusters.8m.com/asw1.htm and its all screwed up again :P

About the fatima prophecy’s i may be wrong about this one but want that about all the antichrists (correct me if I spelled it wrong) we have had or are going to get. 1st was napoleon the 2se was Hitler and the 3de and last is still to come . And that ather the last war there would be a 1000 years of peace or clam. (witch btw also happened while chronos was king of all humans )

Quote:
Unfortunately, Rosette and Chrno died for their faith for a better world, but still
people continued to remain unchanged for the coming ages....
That not internally true things got worse

Quote:
That we are doomed no matter what we try and no matter how hard we pray....
Or that we should stop putting our lives and faith in to the hands of others and start doing it our selfs. (I;m a optimist I cant help it )

Last edited by Oh(n)nO; 2004-06-21 at 10:13.
Old 2004-06-21, 09:17   Link #88
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Errrr... Since when did I said those stuff *Scratches head*
Old 2004-06-21, 10:13   Link #89
Oh(n)nO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix
Errrr... Since when did I said those stuff *Scratches head*
sorry my bad :P altho i dont have a clue why it was your name there i didnt qoute form you ...
Old 2004-06-21, 11:05   Link #90
lord Doum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T

And who is the beast? I've never heard of such a creature, only the Devil. Was the Beast the Devil's accomplice? Or was the Beast the previous Devil and the Devil was an angel before that?

That we are doomed no matter what we try and no matter how hard we pray.
The beast is the one that will summon the four horsemen in the last book of the bible, the apocalypse. I read it a very long time ago, and I don't remember the details. But I know he is suspose to be the one to start the end of times for humanity as we know it. The beast is in no way the devil, since he was sent by the devil to start the chaos that would free him from his chain in hell.

As for what the authors tried to say, I don't think they tried to say anything, they wanted to keep the feeling that were in the prophecy of fatima and the apocalypse: "YOU ARE DOOM IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD".

But I do agree that Aion could move in time, since he's a devil, he could have that type of power. I also agree that Aion is the incarnation of something bad in all of us, that's what devil are after all.
Old 2004-06-21, 11:47   Link #91
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord Doum
The beast is the one that will summon the four horsemen in the last book of the bible, the apocalypse. I read it a very long time ago, and I don't remember the details. But I know he is suspose to be the one to start the end of times for humanity as we know it. The beast is in no way the devil, since he was sent by the devil to start the chaos that would free him from his chain in hell.

As for what the authors tried to say, I don't think they tried to say anything, they wanted to keep the feeling that were in the prophecy of fatima and the apocalypse: "YOU ARE DOOM IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD".

But I do agree that Aion could move in time, since he's a devil, he could have that type of power. I also agree that Aion is the incarnation of something bad in all of us, that's what devil are after all.
I think the four horsemen of apocalypse are summoned by the Lamb (and thus God) by opening the first four Seals, and the four beasts corresponding to the four horsemen are God's beasts, not the Devil's.

about the four beasts http://www.bartleby.com/108/66/4.html
about the four horsemen http://www.bartleby.com/108/66/6.html
Old 2004-06-22, 12:57   Link #92
Fin Fish
Arinatic

I didn't read the last two pages, but the Fatima Prophecies, at least the first two where written down by Lucia AFTER the fullfilment of the first prophecie.
And here comes a part of the story, where I'm going to say, this is a typical anime based on the authors own fantasy rather then the actual facts: Lucia wrote down the prophecies AFTER 1940, and this story takes part in the 20's.
Old 2004-06-22, 15:22   Link #93
lord Doum

Yeah that happens a lot in anime and movies when it comes to historical fact. I remember then in Titanic the bad guy was clearly using a gun from world war 2 before world war 1 started...
Old 2004-06-22, 15:31   Link #94
Hokage Ace

Aion died, when the blond guy saw was not Aion, it means that Aion is evil and always lives within humans and that is why some human tried to kill the pope.
Old 2004-06-23, 03:26   Link #95
Wednesday

Thumbs up

Just my opinion...

First and foremost, despite being a very critical person, I loved this series. Every episode was great. It's not the best series ever, but it was wonderfully well done.

I have to disagree with people who believe everything Rosette and Chrno did was for nothing. Indeed Aion outlived them, but the heroes prevented his attempt to swap Heaven and Earth, freed Joshua, and used Aion's horns to unfreeze the people of the orphanage. In the end, those are the things Rosette and Chrno set out to do.

Also, although I can see how some of you believe Aion could be God, I think that's far from the case. If Aion became God or ever was God, he would have destroyed reality. Aion is now what Chrno was, a demon who has lost his horns, and thus, Aion is an Earth-bound immortal. Just because he no longer has his demonic powers, though, (he could only access them through a contract) does not mean that he can't have a hand in things. The 20th century is often called "The Century of Evil," so it would make sense that Aion had an influence. Just to note, the 21st century has been foreseen as "The Era of Peace and Love."

The prophecy of Fatima foresaw the attempt on the Pope's life in 1981. Both Remington and Aion had access to the prophecy, and that's why both were in Rome. Whether or not Aion had a hand in the assassination attempt is rather inconsequential, I think. Just as long as we understand that even if he did, he's just another gear in the machine of fate.

"...We can do nothing but to see the times go by in the path which God has chosen..." The quote explains the ultimate truth of the series and the reason why Remington lost faith. The path God has chosen is set, and all we can do, whether human, angel, or demon, is play our part. The death of Magdelene, the Miami stigmata, Black Thursday, 1981, it's all been set, and nothing Remington or anyone else could do would prevent that. I believe the difference is that Aion has come to terms with that fact, and has settled into his fate.

Last edited by Wednesday; 2004-06-23 at 07:22.
Old 2004-06-23, 05:06   Link #96
Aznstarr

Hello people..
Im new at animesuki forums..and jus finished reading ALL of the posts on this thread -_-...very interesting..smart ppl..
jus wanted to bring up..at the end..after it zoomed away frum remington..didnt u hear a gunshot?..
who got shot?!
Old 2004-06-23, 07:20   Link #97
Wednesday

The Pope..
Old 2004-06-23, 12:13   Link #98
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
Lol, aznstarr you need to pay more attention to the anime =P Wednesday, I like your theory and agree =) I think Aions appearance is just a symbol of evil, or fate or whatever you call it, he'll never dissapear..
Old 2004-06-23, 13:36   Link #99
Aznstarr

-_-

i feel so stupid now..i didnt really pay attention to the attempted assassination part..but the aion part..=/
Old 2004-06-23, 13:41   Link #100
Oh(n)nO

funny is that some groups think that the devil made the prophecy of Fatima. why because he knows a new masiya is comming and he is trying to get the human race to his side befor he or she comes.

so may be aion is a cross dresser and pretende to be mary.you never know with a anime
Closed Thread