AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-21, 11:10   Link #1
Luciora

Angry Black and White Playback Help pls..

Ok everything was working fine until couple days ago when all my movies started playing in Black and white all of a sudden. Well all except .mpeg s I have tried various combinations. VLC player plays it in color but i get a big yellow line on the left of the screen its like it duplicates the image. I installed FDDShow to see if it fixes anything then everything went Black and white. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 2004-06-21, 13:18   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciora
Ok everything was working fine until couple days ago when all my movies started playing in Black and white all of a sudden. Well all except .mpeg s I have tried various combinations. VLC player plays it in color but i get a big yellow line on the left of the screen its like it duplicates the image. I installed FDDShow to see if it fixes anything then everything went Black and white. Any suggestions are welcome.
Did you uninstall every other codec before ffdshow? If not, do so and then install ffdshow.

If that does not help, do you remember what you did before the playback went black and white like installing something?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Old 2004-06-21, 13:57   Link #3
Luciora

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Did you uninstall every other codec before ffdshow? If not, do so and then install ffdshow.

If that does not help, do you remember what you did before the playback went black and white like installing something?

Ok something really weird fixxed my problem. I installed BS player and under color controls I dont even know how but my saturation was turned down all the way. I turned it back up to 100 and somehow it fixxed the color issue with the other players as well. I dont know how it works but it brought color back into my anime
Closed Thread