AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-05-25, 09:22   Link #21
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Spoiler for spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 12:40   Link #22
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao View Post
It was an alright episode. Good to see Tama back lol.

Just a quick question, in the beginning of this episode Hina's mom told Hayate that Hina's birthday was on March 3rd, and it seems Hayate didn't know this yet. But back in season 1 episode 48 or something, Nagi tells Hayate that Hina's birthday is on March 3rd, and then the episode ends showing the calendar already in March. Does this mean that this episode is before season 1's episode 48, and that Hayate somehow forgot about Hina's birthday?

Explanation plz
Do you know what "retcon" means? Over 50% of season 1 was anime original material, so forget it ever existed, now that we're back to the manga's plot.

Maybe somebody should put up a list of all episodes from both seasons in proper chronological order, to clear up any more confusion.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 13:00   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Do you know what "retcon" means?
This is more a case of filler plot holes and contradictions than it is retroactive continuity. But yes, a good manga to anime plotline would be nice. Especially getting rid of that horrid third part of season 1.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 13:19   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

I take pity on the narrator. When you have Norio Wakamoto behind his voice, he can do so much more. That, and denying that scene is for fanservice? Nonsense. The narratorial spirit should've told him to say that it clearly was. The narrator is one of the last traces of insanity left (along with the student council trio), and I'd be a bit saddened if the crazy in a sea of sanity was to be swallowed up.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 16:21   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I personally quite like how the story from this series now is one episode leading onto to the next as opposed to being completely random. It gives me a much bigger sense of a "story" and something to lookforward to but then again, the fun factor of being completely random takes a big hit. Storywise this ep was quite nice in showing some logical movements of the characters, but it wasn't the most exciting thing I've seen. In fact it is quite sad to think that the "just as planned" mention was the only thing that stuck out for me.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:48   Link #26
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKZ
In fact it is quite sad to think that the "just as planned" mention was the only thing that stuck out for me.
QFT. Apart from that out of nowhere scene (I mean, who would've thought that something as cute as a little kitten harboured the evil genius that rivals Light? XD), I was at a loss at this episode. Then again, I was never a big fan of Isumi to begin with, and half the episode was dedicated to her.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 21:44   Link #27
lionel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*yawn*... Anime is near game over on nicodouga...

This episode... well, to be frank, besides the rare non-kimono Isumi near the end, there was very little to find interesting (like the above said, a few parts to chuckle over)... One point to watch might be the part where they stuffed a bunch of references into one scene though... There was a little Hina at the beginning too.

But that was about it... The rest was rather boring. At least that twin-tails... Umm... Na... Na... Na... something, Na-something finally got a heroine-like role this episode.
It's been so long since I heard Tama talk, I honestly wished he just didn't talk this episode... (-_-)

With Ayumu not appearing this episode, I finally confirmed that her perfect attendance from season 1 won't continue... (΄・ω・`)
( #`Д΄)........................................ ....

Preview: Ah, Siesta...
I have to agree with Serenade on this. Pretty much all the episodes of S2 have had me DYING for the next one just to see more of a development with Hina and Hayate. This one had the quick scene with her and gets on track with the manga, but overall I wasn't really that excited about this episode and the preview of the next had me kind of 'meh'.

Yes, I'm a huge Hina fan and I pray to God this anime steers towards her. I haven't been excited about any anime since well.. sheesh, Love Hina (and I really haven't bought many other anime DVDs as most don't have spectacular endings... one I would have gotten but won't just because of the ending would be Code Geass... what a great show but what a horrible ending! XD). Hayate is definitely one of my must watched, and will continue as long as they throw more Hina our way! Hehe ^^

I definitely can't wait for the Hina-birthday arc though... waiting with anticipation for that one!
lionel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 14:16   Link #28
prnoct90

I would really appreciate it if someone would make a chronological episode list that left out filler. Please, thanks!
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 17:12   Link #29
Guido

The morale for this episode was:

Isumi learned that's not the clothes she wears to determine her worthiness to be loved by stray kittens but being careful to spray a little bit of catnip extract upon herself. That and be conscious about changing her wardrobe from time to time; some kittens hate kimonos you know.

Meanwhile, Tama learned that a pet's cuteness value is not measured superficially by size, but one's pet spending a lifetime of blissful days alongside its master make up for precious moments. Hence, there's no need for him to sabotage its masters' belongings and blackmail the recently enrolled Shiranui, although I must admit that the little kitten played dirty on Tama.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 19:41   Link #30
dark-kyon

good ep.after so much shoujo plot.i like see tama once again.
notes.
1.sakuya look too cute in this ep.
2.nagi is moe.
3.good fanservice.
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 20:03   Link #31
Serffix

Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I would really appreciate it if someone would make a chronological episode list that left out filler. Please, thanks!
Tried making a list, there might be some errors in it but i suppose it should be enough to give a decent outline of which episode corresponds with which manga ch. and which epi is filler. The chronological episode order is according to manga chapter, but also here I suppose some epies could be skipped if they're based on manga filler. I hope it's not too confusing :x

Spoiler for size for the list:
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 22:45   Link #32
prnoct90

Thank you so much for the order.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:47   Link #33
prnoct90

After looking at this list, my guess would be this.

1. Watch the first season of the anime all the way through
2. Read the manga up to Chapter 51 (you can continue if you want)
3. Watch the second season

This way you can enjoy the first season, but not be confused when you watch the more true to the manga second season.
Old 2009-05-27, 10:18   Link #34
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This is more a case of filler plot holes and contradictions than it is retroactive continuity. But yes, a good manga to anime plotline would be nice. Especially getting rid of that horrid third part of season 1.
From the perspective of anime continuity, it's a retcon. After all, JC Staff did slap on "2nd season" in the title, instead of pretending that the first never existed.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 18:23   Link #35
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

random appearances by random character *its not a service* fanservice
Old 2009-05-30, 11:04   Link #36
owq

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
random appearances by random character *its not a service* fanservice
The bath scene really made me LOL
owq is offline   Reply With Quote