AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-30, 22:28   Link #2201
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well Real life martial arts are no where near this the ones in HSDK, but still pretty cool.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 22:45   Link #2202
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well Real life martial arts are no where near this the ones in HSDK, but still pretty cool.
Very true, and I like how different types of martial arts are introduced in this manga. I never knew of Sambo or Pencak Silat until after reading some of chapters of Kenichi in which those forms of martial arts were utilized.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 00:27   Link #2203
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Very true, and I like how different types of martial arts are introduced in this manga. I never knew of Sambo or Pencak Silat until after reading some of chapters of Kenichi in which those forms of martial arts were utilized.
Me too, I mean I do have so knowledge of martial arts, I dont know how too preform it, but knowledge of it.

And I can tell you, that not all the martial arts styles in HSDK are passed on real ones, but mostly copys of others and juiced up a notches by inspiration or imagination, but I guess I could shed some light on you about some of the styles, wether there real or not or just copys of those in real life.

Hibiki Kugenin or Siegfried
For exemple, Go no Sen or Go no sen no kata is a judo kata that focuses on counter-attacks to throwing techniques.

Shigure Kōsaka
And Kōsaka-style swordsmanship is pretty hard too tell, but what I saw in the anime and manga it looks more like some kinda kendo and fencing combined, because you know how Shigure taught Kenichi how too use a weapon, she positioned him into a fencing position for training which made me hint on the subject that her style is kendo and fencing, and the name Kōsaka-style swordsmanship, Kosaka is a town in Japan also a very populer name.

Shinnosuke Tsuji
You all know Shinnosuke Tsuji right? well his martial arts or recent martial arts which he displayed against Kenichi is called Koppou or Koppojutsu is a martial arts that means attacks against bones in Japanese. Koppojutsu is commonly considered a hard art in comparison to the soft arts such as koshijutsu, attacks against muscles. Legend claims it was invented by the kappa, who excels at this discipline, lol.

Silcardo Jenazad and Radin Tidat Jihan
And just like you mentioned earlier NolongerSane, Pencak Silat is also one of the sports I wasent completely aware of, I had heard of it but not seen it or knew what kinda martial art it is, Pencak Silat is an Indonesian martial art and began originally as a weapons style of combat. Pencak Silat has borrowed much from its nearby neighbours of India and China, blending those fighting styles into their own. The result was a style containing kicking and striking techniques mixed with a variety of weapons techniques.

Apachai Hopachai and Tirawit Koukin
Also Muay Boran, I knew about Muay Thai and who didint lol. But Muay Boran or Anicent Boxing is unique Muay Boran's form is quite efficient, in that it maximizes the amount of damage that each blow can inflict, and effective, in that it can easily lead to the death or serious injury of the opponent. Most notably, Muay Boran emphasizes the use of extremely powerful elbow and knee techniques, and combinations thereof, always thrown at full force and speed, with the intent to overcome one's adversary as quickly as possible, because another one might already be coming close or attacking. Muay Boran has been influenced by neighboring martial arts and vice versa such as the Kamae Kham Sao which is a technique borrowed from Cambodia.

Traditionally, Muay Thai masters would teach the techniques of Muay Boran as advanced Muay Thai but this is not often done today. Various moves in Muay Boran are forbidden in present-day Muay Thai tournaments and competitions. Even in Thailand it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a school willing to teach it; they prefer to focus on "modern" Muay Thai, as this is more easily exploitable as a form of income. Many schools nowadays who claim to offer Muay Boran just teach Muay Thai and sell it under the name of Muay Boran.

Christopher Eclair
Also Savate is one of those new ones too me, Savate is the martial arts used by Christopher Eclair from Yami. Savate is a French martial art which uses both the hands and feet as weapons and combines elements of western boxing with graceful kicking techniques. Only foot kicks are allowed, unlike some systems, such as Muay Thai and Silat, which allow the use of the knees or shins. Savate is perhaps the only style of kickboxing in which the fighters habitually wear shoes savate being a French word for "old shoe". A practitioner of savate is called a savateur (male) or savateuse (female).

Mikumo Kushinada and Chikage Kushinada
Also Kushinada style jujutsu is just a made up one because Kushinada style jujutsu unique as it utilizes no raw power at all (0%), but rather focuses on skills completely (100%) Im not sure if thats possible with some Jutsu techniques, but the name Kushinada comes from a princess in the Japanese mythology involving Susanoo.

Li Raichi and Li Tenmon
Also our daring Li Raichi Chichouken is combinded Drunken fists and Ditangquan. Ditangquan style is the ability to perform tumbles, falls, turns, somersaults and aerial acrobatics using those techniques for both offense and defense.

Sei and Do
Also it might have brought too everyones attention as it has bin playing its role in HSDK the whole Do and Sei, also the Path of Asura I believe that Sei and Do are just subjects based on characteristics, like Sei is a person who is calm and collected during a fight, while Do is a person who looses it and goes berserk during it.

Path of Asura
Also the whole part about The Path Of Asura, is a tricky one. Im not sure if Syun Matsuena the author was referring too the Buddhism, because Asura was a supernatural beings. So im sure that Syun was following the Hinduism story about Asura, which is a group of power-seeking deities, sometimes referred to as demons or sinful.

Also is it me or does Syun have alot of knowledge when it comes too Martial arts? because all the styles and moves in HSDK requires someone with Knowledge of martial arts too make. And since there is no info on Syun I would suspect that he does have some knowledge or has practice Martial arts before or still is.
Old 2009-05-31, 01:59   Link #2204
NoLongerSane

Very interesting information. I just re-read the chapter and just thought up a question to ask. I am just wondering how many ex-disciples are in the facility that Rachel is in currently? She pretty much informed the reader that a person who is of no use to YAMI ends up there, though she thought it was a myth/ubran legend at first. Due to the extreme way how Jenazad ended his teacher/disciple relationship with Jihan, it makes you wonder how many of the masters have gone through disciples that lead to the current YOMI roster. I am also wondering on those disciples that have been sent to that facility and with the information collect from them, is the leader of YAMI using that info to artificially create a fighter.
Old 2009-05-31, 02:03   Link #2205
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Very interesting information. I just re-read the chapter and just thought up a question to ask. I am just wondering how many ex-disciples are in the facility that Rachel is in currently? She pretty much informed the reader that a person who is of no use to YAMI ends up there, though she thought it was a myth/ubran legend at first. Due to the extreme way how Jenazad ended his teacher/disciple relationship with Jihan, it makes you wonder how many of the masters have gone through disciples that lead to the current YOMI roster. I am also wondering on those disciples that have been sent to that facility and with the information collect from them, is the leader of YAMI using that info to artificially create a fighter.
Thats actually quite the interesting thing you brought up there, because I sorta supected that as well, It seems too me that Rachel was put there for temporary purposes, since she lost her master but was still a valuable member too Yomi, So I think she was put there so they could monitor her and make sure she doesnt do anything rash.
Old 2009-05-31, 09:03   Link #2206
qwertzu

Now that you two are talking about it, I wonder why Ryuto isn't there.

As far as I understad his master was not very interested in him and used Ryuto as a testing object for this technique. And from what Sho said at the tournament it seems that he will never make a full recovery.

Yet his master decided to "keep him" and introduced him to YOMI.

(Well, maybe he spent some time in that institution right after his fight against Kenichi.)

What do you think are Ogata's reasons?
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 11:34   Link #2207
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertzu View Post
Now that you two are talking about it, I wonder why Ryuto isn't there.

As far as I understad his master was not very interested in him and used Ryuto as a testing object for this technique. And from what Sho said at the tournament it seems that he will never make a full recovery.

Yet his master decided to "keep him" and introduced him to YOMI.

(Well, maybe he spent some time in that institution right after his fight against Kenichi.)

What do you think are Ogata's reasons?
If I remember, I think it was some sort of reward for Ryuto by his master in allowing him to join YOMI. Plus, Ryuto does not have that much of a handicap since he easily took out the guys assisting with Sho when he temporarily took Miu away from Kenichi and co., and that he manage to keep Miu at bay while still in a wheelchair. As for Ogata, that guy probably still wants to take Kenichi as his own disciple since their first meeting in the forest. You also have to remember that Ogata brought some bagage to YAMI in the form a that salaryman from the D of D wanting revenge on him for some reason.
Old 2009-05-31, 13:47   Link #2208
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Im curious the connection between Tsutomu Tanaka and Ogata Isshinsai, Tanaka seems too have some sorta grudge against Ogata.
Old 2009-06-01, 01:34   Link #2209
Terrean

Tanaka also seems to be an exceptional martial artist. Somehow the elder has some connections to it or why did he get slightly angry ?
Old 2009-06-01, 02:08   Link #2210
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
Tanaka also seems to be an exceptional martial artist. Somehow the elder has some connections to it or why did he get slightly angry ?
Ya the only technique we saw him use was Tenchi Mushin Ryu(Iron finger technique) its some kinda Aikido Glossary. I know very little of it but not too much, but I know its also involves health training or something I think.
Old 2009-06-01, 12:26   Link #2211
NoLongerSane

New raw is out.
Spoiler for 339 Raw:
Old 2009-06-01, 12:52   Link #2212
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
New raw is out.
Spoiler for 339 Raw:
Nice cant wait I hope for some nice Shigure and Chikage moments.
Old 2009-06-01, 17:53   Link #2213
NoLongerSane

The scantilation is out.
Spoiler for 339:
Old 2009-06-01, 19:37   Link #2214
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

woot Kenichi is gonna be even stronger now.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 19:48   Link #2215
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Yep thats true, Im really excited. I mean the Elder taught him Seikuken in a week.
Old 2009-06-01, 20:32   Link #2216
NoLongerSane

Another thing about this chapter is that it again raised my respect for Ethan. His character is getting more interesting by the chapters. Also, it seems that the martial arts that he is using is dangerous enough for the Elder to intervine in Kenichi's training.
Old 2009-06-01, 21:36   Link #2217
Wargumm1i
Hentai

It seems that things are now getting interesting.
Old 2009-06-01, 22:39   Link #2218
Xacual

I wonder if the training is going to be normal Kenichi training or can we expect him to get training on another one of the Elder's famous 108 secret techniques.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 23:12   Link #2219
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I wonder if the training is going to be normal Kenichi training or can we expect him to get training on another one of the Elder's famous 108 secret techniques.
I do hope so.

You know what I think, I think the reason why the Elder is willing too train Kenichi, is because he sees not only potential also the goodness that is rarely found in human beings. Which could be the reason why he never really trained anyone, its obvious that he only trained Miu's heart and perhaps taught her a little of the martial arts he was taught as a child or something I dont know, all I know is that he didint teach her any of the 108 techniques and perhaps not even his son.

Because they werent pure hearted, not that Im saying the Elder is himself, but its clear he doesnt want too pass on such dangerous and advanced techniques too someone who could use them too kill people, perhaps thats why he refused too train and pass it onto his son and thats what led him too... GO BAD I guess.

Thats why I think its almost pretty clear that The Elder has choosen Kenichi as his 108 techniques inheritor, because he did teach him one of them Ryuusei Seikuken.
Old 2009-06-01, 23:44   Link #2220
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Another thing about this chapter is that it again raised my respect for Ethan. His character is getting more interesting by the chapters. Also, it seems that the martial arts that he is using is dangerous enough for the Elder to intervine in Kenichi's training.
I think it's probably a training to calm his heart, not necessary because what he's fighting is dangerous. It seemed Kenichi was getting nervous just from hearing the origin of the martial art, this training might be meant to pacifify his spirit and allow him to fully utilize his Ryuusei Seikuukan.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen