AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-31, 02:50   Link #2041
Password
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
A few days late, but the western translation used for Schach's device in Nanohawiki is Windenschaft. Seems German (Winding Shaft?)
Password is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 02:59   Link #2042
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It's a Touhou in-joke.

The correlation is possible, but it's still too early to make that suggestion. Same hair =! same person.
Pssh, come on as it wasn't obvious enough with the heterochromia, now we have the character page's 'yee, this looks kind of similar to Fate' kind of description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Then comes the shipping. Oh god the shipping. That horse is deader than death.
Nah, shipping wars in the Nanoha fandom only begin when a guy is involved in one of the pairings. You can argue Nanohayate or Nanovita and nothing happens. It's only when you mention Yuuno that forums ignite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
@Dri and Drethillsh: Gents, if you're still planning to continue to duking it out, might I suggest moving this over to Magic and Technology?
No need, I can stop this with one post:



Note in particular that second one, Vivio was plugged into the magical reactor of a battleship which not only supplied her with limitless energy, but also increased her power to terrifying levels.

Bottomline, Vivio outside the Cradle is nowhere near as powerful as Vivio on the Cradle. How strong Vivio is right now is unknown, but will undoubtedly be shown as the manga progresses, and its quite pointless to debate that now with virtually no information.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-05-31 at 03:23.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 03:18   Link #2043
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I can make one prediction about Vivid: Vivio will soon face an unprovoked assault by Ingvalt. It's the most likely way to get her involved in the case, as she isn't working for the Bureau yet.
Jimmy C is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 03:32   Link #2044
Password
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
And to give some contribution to manga discussion

Nove: We'll be careful (...If she shows up, I'll kick her ass right back)

I expect Nove to have a chance meeting with Ingvalt in the near future and getting curb-stomped.
Password is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 04:12   Link #2045
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Wow I'm slow. I just realized that Caro has short hair again.

Canon or just an error from the artist?
__________________
Kyral is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 04:59   Link #2046
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Wow I'm slow. I just realized that Caro has short hair again.

Canon or just an error from the artist?
Lol, that's right, her hair is short >_>
I was kind of distracted by how tall Erio is in ViVid

But Caro was supposed to have let her hair grow...it might be the artist's mistake
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 05:14   Link #2047
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I'm afraid I can't follow this hypothesis. With only one chapter of the manga out, and three pages out of nineteen featuring Stratos, and one page with Ingvalt, there is very little available information to draw conclusions from. Wait. Stratos doesn't even show up in the first chapter other than in the colored pages. Where are you getting these conclusions from?
In the drain, my Fight Club joke goes.
Sheba is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 05:16   Link #2048
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kappas' country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
But Caro was supposed to have let her hair grow...it might be the artist's mistake
I don't think he (she?) would have let think kind of mistake in the very first chapter. Caro may have just cut her hair after the SSX...
But yeah, Erio sure grew tall, he wasn't that different form StS in SSX, but one year after, he looks totally different (from what we've seen so far, not much actually ).
__________________
Nina.Wolken is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 05:31   Link #2049
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
When does Force release?

And nice first chapter of Vivid. It's everything I love, that I never expected it to focus on. Hopefully it doesn't deter too far from that path in the coming chapters.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 05:42   Link #2050
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
When does Force release?

And nice first chapter of Vivid. It's everything I love, that I never expected it to focus on. Hopefully it doesn't deter too far from that path in the coming chapters.
Best answered with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Next issue of Nyantype (in which Force is serialized) is scheduled for July 30. Have fun waiting.
Ottocycle is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 06:34   Link #2051
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
A new translation of Memory 1 is out, grab it here.

Still uses Saint King, but does use Hegemon Ingwalt.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 08:14   Link #2052
Drethillsh
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
@Dri and Drethillsh: Gents, if you're still planning to continue to duking it out, might I suggest moving this over to Magic and Technology? Last I checked this was the Manga discussion thread. I mean, sure, it's really cute how you guys are play fighting with each other, but if you're going to debate, then you ought to follow the proper etiquette (re: Rules of Engagement). I do believe one of those statuettes to be debating in the proper thread.
It is regarding the manga. It's about what power level Vivio will be at in ViVid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No need, I can stop this with one post:



Note in particular that second one, Vivio was plugged into the magical reactor of a battleship which not only supplied her with limitless energy, but also increased her power to terrifying levels.

Bottomline, Vivio outside the Cradle is nowhere near as powerful as Vivio on the Cradle. How strong Vivio is right now is unknown, but will undoubtedly be shown as the manga progresses, and its quite pointless to debate that now with virtually no information.
That doesn't address all of the points we brought up, but it's nice information to have.

The first one says that the Saint's Armor is Vivio's ability, not the Cradle's, and that was one major element in giving her that level of power.

As for the second one, I thought the effect of that energy was that she could keep fighting without getting tired (yes, another major part of her power, but in a short fight she could be just as effective). That might be just wishful thinking, though, because of how awesome Vivio was (I really wanted some random plot device to bring every TSAB character into that room, and Vivio would just keep beating them down).

But Nanoha as a series so far hasn't been in the habit of disappointing me my want for characters to show that the power they had as enemies doesn't evaporate when they join the good side. I still see Vivio as a much stronger character than at least most of the rest of the cast, and it was just bothering me to see lots of "Vivio's become really weak now" type comments without having any information that put her much below her power level in StrikerS. Again, maybe my hope is blinding me, but I'd be really surprised and dissappointed if Vivio was weak, and in five years of products, Nanoha (the series)has only dissapointed me once. That's a good track record.

Lastly, where is that picture from?! I needs my information sources, I needs them...
Drethillsh is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 08:24   Link #2053
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drethillsh View Post
It is regarding the manga. It's about what power level Vivio will be at in ViVid.
No, I agree that this kind of talk is better suited for the tech thread. We are technically discussing StrikerS here after all.

So with that said, porting my reply over there.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 08:47   Link #2054
Nagumo
Random Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
And to give some contribution to manga discussion

Nove: We'll be careful (...If she shows up, I'll kick her ass right back)

I expect Nove to have a chance meeting with Ingvalt in the near future and getting curb-stomped.
In other words... Vita's Worf Effect duties will be passed on to Nove-chan?


Oh poor Nove, she does not deserve that...
__________________
I do not like Kansai-ben, but I do like Hayate-chan!
Also, Canadian here, not actually Japanese.
Nagumo is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 09:50   Link #2055
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Still uses Saint King, but does use Hegemon Ingwalt.
I pointed it out in the comments already.
Now I will be hated there by everybody!

Kyral the nitpicking baka! >>;;;

Ah well... I hope they take it into account! :3
__________________

Last edited by Kyral; 2009-05-31 at 10:04.
Kyral is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 10:09   Link #2056
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I pointed it out in the comments already.
Now I will be hated there by everybody!

Kyral the nitpicking baka! >>;;;
This wouldn't bug me so much if "Kaiser" actually meant "King," but it doesn't, it means "Emperor." ("Konig," IIRC...actually, more "if I desperately remember since a fic title depends on it," means "king") There's a really big clue in the fact that it's been successfully identified as the "Belkan Empire."

The whole question of "leave the German intact" versus "translate the German" is a different issue, but if you're going to translate the German (which, IMHO, destroys the entire effect of having the Belkan stuff in a foreign language in the first place), it should at least be translated correctly.
DezoPenguin is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 10:20   Link #2057
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Well for the overall defense of those who go with "saint king".

They never said "Sankt Kaiser" in the anime or a sound stage, they always used "Seiou" so far.

We only know that it should be Sankt Kaiser thanks to the translation provided by the official homepage. It seems not every translator checkt it out and thus translating Seiou into english. (but shouldn't that be "Holy King" actually?)
__________________
Kyral is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 12:44   Link #2058
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Not to mention that 'ou' as far as I know can also translate to 'emperor' so it's really another case of Raging Heart VS Raising Heart.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 14:41   Link #2059
jpawelw
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well for the overall defense of those who go with "saint king".

They never said "Sankt Kaiser" in the anime or a sound stage, they always used "Seiou" so far.

We only know that it should be Sankt Kaiser thanks to the translation provided by the official homepage. It seems not every translator checkt it out and thus translating Seiou into english. (but shouldn't that be "Holy King" actually?)
In anime episode 25, at 0:20:59 (DVD version), Cradle's AI announces an alert: "Heilige Kaiser --- keine Reaktion. Funktionsgelost des Systems [...]"
(subtitled in Japanese: 晴王陛下、反応ロスト システムドウン).

Now which form is more canon? The meaning is the same, but the Cradle's form is "purer" German. (BTW shouldn't it be 'Heiliger Kaiser'?)
jpawelw is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 14:59   Link #2060
al103
Grumpy Russian bear
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpawelw View Post
Now which form is more canon? The meaning is the same, but the Cradle's form is "purer" German. (BTW shouldn't it be 'Heiliger Kaiser'?)
'Heilig' if to trust glossary. So 'Heilig Kaiser'.
__________________
Proud Nanoha/Yuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.