AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-31, 13:21   Link #101
hell88
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
hmm what version are you using? I am using 2.6a
I have 2.5c
hell88 is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 13:28   Link #102
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Jonova: could you provide us with a link, please?
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 13:41   Link #103
Jonova
JoJo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
The first google link of no gba seems prefectly fine to me.
On the other hand, you will also need the bios file for nds for the emulator to run. The bios is IPed by nitendo so the only legal way to get it is dump it off your own NDS(actually I am not even sure that is legal at all lol), of course there are other ways to obtain it but I am just going to stop here :P.
__________________
Jonova is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 13:59   Link #104
hell88
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Age: 26
Yeah, I think I am just going to wait for the game to come out, no sense in doing all this other stuff for a game that might not even be that great to play.
hell88 is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 14:21   Link #105
Jonova
JoJo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Yeah, I think I am just going to wait for the game to come out, no sense in doing all this other stuff for a game that might not even be that great to play.
It is a great time killer, if you like Claymore that's it. And judging from how much you appear on this fourm, I'd say you do ;P.

After killing some butterfly AB they made up(not Jean) I finished Clare act and moved to Miria act. The game gets better as you get use to the control and be able to dodge enemies attacks and dish out some combos. It seems there are one more playable character after Miria and it is Tersea.
__________________
Jonova is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 14:40   Link #106
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I have that too and mine won't work for some reason, all it does is the screen turns black then all I see is some japanese text and it doesn't do anything else.
Same prob her.
Ryuken is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 15:36   Link #107
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
About the game, you start with Clare, you whack yomas with your sword, you whack some more yoma, then you whack a boss then some more yoma..... that pretty much sums up the gameplay. There are some speical attack you can do, like quick sword after you meet Irene, and also a spinning sort of attack, I am sure there is more but I haven't found out any yet.
It stinks

See, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not trying to sound like a nit-picking jerk, but honestly, YOMAS are things that don't just pop out of nowhere. Fighting more then one is a big-deal; I know the game designers have to spawn something out for the player to fight, but like I said, Claymore just doesn't have the right material to be made into a game.

What's the point of killing a Yoma in the village if I fight 50 million along the way?
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 15:45   Link #108
MisterJB
Warden of the West
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It stinks

See, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not trying to sound like a nit-picking jerk, but honestly, YOMAS are things that don't just pop out of nowhere. Fighting more then one is a big-deal; I know the game designers have to spawn something out for the player to fight, but like I said, Claymore just doesn't have the right material to be made into a game.

What's the point of killing a Yoma in the village if I fight 50 million along the way?
it's just the first game and it's on NDS. Give time to time, one day you'll be playing a 3D game in your pc.

Ryus ideas for the perfect game were quite good.

We should just be happy that it isn't a "beat them up" (how do you write this anyway) game, like Soul Calibur.
__________________
MisterJB is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 15:51   Link #109
camilla
WantsToSeeHerSmileAgain
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: on the Alps/ in the plain
While playing as Deneve, is it possible to go around and kick yoma and other fellow claymores ? Or chopping Rubel's head, as Clare and Miria? Maybe I'd just lose points. Now these features would be a bonus and encourage me more to buy the game even if it barely looks playable.
camilla is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 15:53   Link #110
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Send a message via MSN to Walter
This seems like a good moment to drop in with this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81860

Btw, I will be adding new informations to that thread soon.
__________________
Walter is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 16:04   Link #111
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
it's just the first game and it's on NDS. Give time to time, one day you'll be playing a 3D game in your pc.

Ryus ideas for the perfect game were quite good.

We should just be happy that it isn't a "beat them up" (how do you write this anyway) game, like Soul Calibur.
Wait a minute, they're making more? How do you know that?

YES, I'll all up for a game on the PC. Hand-held doesn't seem like a good choice for a game like this, especially with mediocre graphics the DS has to offer. A full 3D world where you are able to walk around the whole continent and complete objectives to advance the story, similar to World of Warcraft or Grand Theft Auto is PERFECT for Claymore!

What were Ryus ideas?
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 17:22   Link #112
Jonova
JoJo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It stinks

See, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not trying to sound like a nit-picking jerk, but honestly, YOMAS are things that don't just pop out of nowhere.
They kinda do, there is never a shortage of yoma to kill in the manga after rbona(or w/e the holy city's name is) act. Clare killed atleast half dozen of them on the way to Riful's nest; there were atleast 30+ of them in the town Irene and others first meet to hunt down Tersea; Clarice and Miata were just hanging out in a forest when like a dozen yoma jumpped out of no where and attack them too.

It is true you don't see much yoma in the manga lately, but that's because there are ABs everywhere to kill now, eg: Clare/Yuma/Cythina run into a random town then there is a AB there.

Quote:
We should just be happy that it isn't a "beat them up" (how do you write this anyway) game, like Soul Calibur.
Give me a Claymore game with the graphic, the action and the detail of Soul Calibur I'd be happy to beat whatever you throw at me up for a long time
__________________
Jonova is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 17:41   Link #113
hell88
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
It is a great time killer, if you like Claymore that's it. And judging from how much you appear on this fourm, I'd say you do ;P.

After killing some butterfly AB they made up(not Jean) I finished Clare act and moved to Miria act. The game gets better as you get use to the control and be able to dodge enemies attacks and dish out some combos. It seems there are one more playable character after Miria and it is Tersea.
I do like it a lot, but it's only a game, and a low rate game at that. So I am just going to wait for it to come out here, it's not worth trying to find an emulator that actually works for the DS, but from what I heard the fan made RPG games made for Claymore were better.
hell88 is offline  
Old 2009-05-31, 19:17   Link #114
Jonova
JoJo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I do like it a lot, but it's only a game, and a low rate game at that. So I am just going to wait for it to come out here, it's not worth trying to find an emulator that actually works for the DS, but from what I heard the fan made RPG games made for Claymore were better.
Well, no$gba works, not just for this game and all the other ds games I tried on it, it is pretty much as much as you can expect from an emulator.

As for compare to fan made RPGs, I'd say there is no comparsion. It is like comparing a care you bought at the dealership verus a car you build in your basement with scraps. I have huge respect for people who put in the effort to make fan games as I have tried and still trying to make my own, but from all the fan games I have played I have to say none of them really came close to this one in turns of gameplay or content.This may be a rather sorry game, well actually it certianly is, but it is far better than any Claymore fan games I have played.
__________________
Jonova is offline  
Old 2009-06-01, 18:45   Link #115
Firstblood
...I like Claymore
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I got my hands on the game, but I can't figure out what to do with the whole Irene training Clare part( teaching the Quick-Sword ). I am using no$gba to play the game as well, any help?

She just kills me every time she tries to train me
Firstblood is offline  
Old 2009-06-01, 19:04   Link #116
Jonova
JoJo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
I got my hands on the game, but I can't figure out what to do with the whole Irene training Clare part( teaching the Quick-Sword ). I am using no$gba to play the game as well, any help?

She just kills me every time she tries to train me
You have to use quicksword to get pass that part.

To use quicksword, release your yoki, then spam attack button.
__________________
Jonova is offline  
Old 2009-06-01, 19:13   Link #117
Firstblood
...I like Claymore
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanks for the help.
Firstblood is offline  
Old 2009-06-02, 15:46   Link #118
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Send a message via MSN to Walter
I was ok with idea of game end fighting Priscilla in volcano like in anime... That isn't the case though, manga story got kicked in teeth again and this time in even worse fashion - after defeating Rigardo, Clare fights this... this ball-thing as end boss... no kidding

__________________
Walter is offline  
Old 2009-06-02, 15:55   Link #119
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a hole, I just need to dig myself out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
I was ok with idea of game end fighting Priscilla in volcano like in anime... That isn't the case though, manga story got kicked in teeth again and this time in even worse fashion - after defeating Rigardo, Clare fights this... this ball-thing as end boss... no kidding

Wow

It's even worse then I thought

....So....that's it? You fight this big ball of bull and the game's over?

Is their even an explantion what the hell that's supposed to be?

Thank god I wasn't looking forward to this
Shiek927 is offline  
Old 2009-06-02, 16:29   Link #120
Jonova
JoJo
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Well that's not a ball, that's the 3rd stage of an AB, who starts as a pupal then metamorphosis into a butterfly and finally that "ball" thing which I suppose is some sort of pure yoki enegry form or w/e.
And the game doesn't end there, there are still Miria act and Tersea act after it.
__________________
Jonova is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.