AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-01, 12:17   Link #401
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I have to say that the Lust chapters are top-notch from an artistic standpoint(imo) and I had the impression Kubo gave all he got when he was drawing those pages. Maybe that's the reason why the battle lacked the choreography we have seen at sougyoku hill, he lost himself in the drawings?
He surely waisted a lot of time on walls... and smoke...
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 12:37   Link #402
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono Send a message via Skype™ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
I had decided to re-read Ulquiorra/Ichigo fight and... damn! I wasn't able to do it because of constant black, white pages with big walls, smokes and explosions which averagely took about 4 pages of each chapter if not more @_@

I really hope that animation team will do better job there... and after seeing it... it makes me appricate captain fights much more now...

Besides the more often I look at this fight the more I start to get a feeling that Kubo didn't know how to finish their fight and how to make it look
Since it is the only battle with so many unneeded and wasted panels and pages... no wonder we got monster Ichigo in the end! Kubo must have gotten tired and decided "Hell with this fight! I have no idea what to do! I'll better make another monster and end it quickly!"
I agree with kubo kinda lost himself there...and found himself in dead end...resulting in new moster as you said...I have the same feeling but it really might had been his intention from the start...maybe he wanted to awakened that thing in ichigo...maybe his hollow evolved or maybe there is completely new one cuz old one loved crazy-ass laughing...I dunno...but I disagree with the rest


Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I have to say that the Lust chapters are top-notch from an artistic standpoint(imo) and I had the impression Kubo gave all he got when he was drawing those pages. Maybe that's the reason why the battle lacked the choreography we have seen at sougyoku hill, he lost himself in the drawings?
now this is what I think about the rest of previous quote...even if it was all black with a bit of white...I see that arc as something beyond epic...I read it several times and every time I read it I enjoyed it even more...it was definitely one of the most "alive" manga I read so far
Ganshou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:20   Link #403
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
^ You enjoyed black panels? 0_o

I had relouded the page several times before I understood that it has to be that way and then slammed my face on the table several times @_@

I really don't know how you can enjoy meaningless panels... maybe anime will make it better... If not that wasted space, I would enjoyed it much more...
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:25   Link #404
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Its about the feeling ^^ I liked it that way.

And they are Ulquiorra fighting arc chapters, so there you go.

I dunno. Its not like we can force you to like it. We just have different way of reading.

Also, with the animation. Haha, you still have faith to that thing? I haven't watched an episode where either I literally haven't need to fast forward the clip or not sleep through entire thing....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:27   Link #405
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Its about the feeling ^^ I liked it that way.

And they are Ulquiorra fighting arc chapters, so there you go.

I dunno. Its not like we can force you to like it. We just have different way of reading.
I don't mind some darkness... but for 4 pages out of 18-19?
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:28   Link #406
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Dude, if you're complaining about that, I don't care.

TBH, I find these recent chapters more boring than Lust arc. But I think you like these recent chapters better, so it's just about taste.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:32   Link #407
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Dude, if you're complaining about that, I don't care.

TBH, I find these recent chapters more boring than Lust arc. But I think you like these recent chapters better...
If not some randomness... then yeh, I surely like them more. At least almost all panels have some meaning behind it.
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:45   Link #408
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
If not some randomness... then yeh, I surely like them more. At least almost all panels have some meaning behind it.
All panels have meaning to them. Its just the matter of how they draw you into/attract you to the story. Its different to every people.

I find these recent chapters boring since the process the story is going right now is some sort of 'rinse and repeat' fightings. Sure, they have people's faces in their panels, but I'm not feeling some 'attachment' to them. Maybe my opinion will change when this is all over, but as of now, I'm not that interested.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 15:03   Link #409
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
All panels have meaning to them. Its just the matter of how they draw you into/attract you to the story. Its different to every people.

I find these recent chapters boring since the process the story is going right now is some sort of 'rinse and repeat' fightings. Sure, they have people's faces in their panels, but I'm not feeling some 'attachment' to them. Maybe my opinion will change when this is all over, but as of now, I'm not that interested.
Well everyone has different opinion, for me Lust arc was pretty much predictable except maybe god like Ichigo(even though I did expect Hollow) and that smal UlquiHime moment.
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 15:06   Link #410
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Its about the feeling ^^ I liked it that way.
They contributed a lot to the despair theme. But I guess it's hard to enjoy the atmosphere with the 19-pages-countdown ticking in your mind. Truth is: reading Bleach on a weekly basis is always painful/depressing
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 15:51   Link #411
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Fully transformed hollow Ichigo was just TOO strong. It's not like any of us didn't expect him to be strong, but instead of things going the way they went, a normal fight would have Ichigo getting possessed, owning Ulq a bit and THEN Ulq releasing for a second time, and not dying in a matter of minutes. The way the fight ended makes Ulq's second release utterly meaningless, as if he didn't get any stronger after releasing...and I'm pretty sure he could cero Ichigo's chest away just as well while in his first release.
It was the same with Byakauya vs Hollow Ichigo....It's always been like that...
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 16:01   Link #412
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
Well everyone has different opinion, for me Lust arc was pretty much predictable except maybe god like Ichigo(even though I did expect Hollow) and that smal UlquiHime moment.
Im actually going to agree with you here, the Lust arc was absolutely the lowest point in the Bleach manga for me. Nothing did anything for me. The characters, the subplot, the art, the fighting, even the conclusion was bleeh to me!

Honestly every week I was like Kubo your one lazy freaking guy!...Where the heck are the backgrounds!?! I was so glad to get back to Fake town over here have some thing at least substantial to read!

For those who found it epic, I dont know what other mangas you were reading as well during those arcs, but after reading them and then dropping to check out the lust arcs, the difference in quality was like night and day for me...sorry guys, no offense to anyone but if I could use some imagery to describe my experience with those arcs...it would be something like taking a driving trip through the desert to get to the dentist, that is the journey and the destination was just not a happy time for me... Dont worry you wont have to here anymore about that from me...I'll leave it there.
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 16:27   Link #413
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Im actually going to agree with you here, the Lust arc was absolutely the lowest point in the Bleach manga for me. Nothing did anything for me. The characters, the subplot, the art, the fighting, even the conclusion was bleeh to me!

Honestly every week I was like Kubo your one lazy freaking guy!...Where the heck are the backgrounds!?! I was so glad to get back to Fake town over here have some thing at least substantial to read!

For those who found it epic, I dont know what other mangas you were reading as well during those arcs, but after reading them and then dropping to check out the lust arcs, the difference in quality was like night and day for me...sorry guys, no offense to anyone but if I could use some imagery to describe my experience with those arcs...it would be something like taking a driving trip through the desert to get to the dentist, that is the journey and the destination was just not a happy time for me... Dont worry you wont have to here anymore about that from me...I'll leave it there.
No way! I found someone who agrees with me and most importantly in the person with whom I usually dissagree! It must be the end of the world

But yeh, I won't mention it again too
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 23:47   Link #414
Jays
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hockey Nation
I simply cannot imagine this being the end for Halibel, if it is, then it will conclude in another rather dominating victory for a Captain. Specially when it appeared as if the top three Espada were being given a bit more credit than the rest.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 02:07   Link #415
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Kubo has to be smoking something quite strong if halibel's done for, and I doubt hitsugaya will leave without a scratch.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 03:07   Link #416
Z. Kensei
Kensei??
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle,WA
Halibel isn't dead, whatever hitsugaya's thrown at her it'll be powerful, but won't kill her. Killing her would'nt make sense. The way the Espada from #4 down have been hyped, no way. Hitsugaya's attack will be like Vegeta's Final Flash. Powerful yet meaningless...
Z. Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 08:59   Link #417
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Lightbulb 360 Thread Created

Please continue the chapter discussion there

* [MANGA] Bleach Chapter 360 Discussion
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 16:53   Link #418
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
that was about as bit a leap as ichigo...heck im gonna go ahead and give yammy more credits because he actually took time to eat and suck in souls...
Yami is a bear. Now all we need is some wierd pokemon transformation. Per say Halibel turning into a Magikarp in her 2nd release form?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.