AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 20:10   Link #561
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, it seems we've come to a misunderstanding. You see, in Lost Colors, you don't play as Lelouch. You play as an original character, and therefore, you can't decide who Lelouch ends up with. Shirley's ending is pretty much the only exception where Lelouch ends up with someone, in a way. Therefore, I don't see how a pairing war would break out either.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 20:42   Link #562
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
You know: On how Lelouch would choose one out of the girls (assuming if he even chooses). There is more than one in the running, and they all have points for and against them. How can it not become a shipping war with us on this side of the screen?
I think Code Geass is just one of those series that's bound to have shipping wars by default

Nah, but seriously. Pretty much what RD said. There's nothing wrong with us talking about Shirlulu or Kalulu or what-have-you (hey, that rhymed) and all things you like about it and what counts for or against it. Just so long as we're not too in-your-face about it and we have our discussions in a calm civilized manner. So yeah, no insults, no trolling, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Oh, it seems we've come to a misunderstanding. You see, in Lost Colors, you don't play as Lelouch. You play as an original character, and therefore, you can't decide who Lelouch ends up with. Shirley's ending is pretty much the only exception where Lelouch ends up with someone, in a way. Therefore, I don't see how a pairing war would break out either.
Yeah, you play as Rai right? Well, all the same there is a possible ending in a Code Geass game where Shirley "ends up" with Lelouch and she gets a happy ending, right? Good enough for me.

Anyway, here's a little bit of what I've got done for my snippet. It's gonna be a lot longer than I thought.

Spoiler for size:

So yeah, a lot of that is just build up, but I'm gonna try and get to the meat and potatoes of it soon.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 20:52   Link #563
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh God, I already feel terrible after reading just that little snippet. That is so sad...I can't wait to read the rest of it! I want to know how it ends!
Old 2009-06-03, 20:56   Link #564
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Anyway, here's a little bit of what I've got done for my snippet. It's gonna be a lot longer than I thought.

Spoiler for size:

So yeah, a lot of that is just build up, but I'm gonna try and get to the meat and potatoes of it soon.
Your cruelty both saddens and amuses me, if only because I can't help but snicker at such obvious cruelty.
Old 2009-06-03, 21:04   Link #565
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Oh God, I already feel terrible after reading just that little snippet. That is so sad...I can't wait to read the rest of it! I want to know how it ends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Your cruelty both saddens and amuses me, if only because I can't help but snicker at such obvious cruelty.
Oh my gosh really? Well then, I guess I've emulated O&T's cruelty quite well

Don't worry, there's a payoff at the end.
Old 2009-06-03, 21:05   Link #566
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And I thought I was the morbid one. BTW, waiting for next.
Old 2009-06-04, 11:51   Link #567
Code Geass
Princess of Geass

Quote:

Spoiler for size:

Wow, that's so sad (but really good, especially for just a snippet)! I wanna read more!
Old 2009-06-04, 16:33   Link #568
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
I think Code Geass is just one of those series that's bound to have shipping wars by default

Nah, but seriously. Pretty much what RD said. There's nothing wrong with us talking about Shirlulu or Kalulu or what-have-you (hey, that rhymed) and all things you like about it and what counts for or against it. Just so long as we're not too in-your-face about it and we have our discussions in a calm civilized manner. So yeah, no insults, no trolling, etc.

Yeah, you play as Rai right? Well, all the same there is a possible ending in a Code Geass game where Shirley "ends up" with Lelouch and she gets a happy ending, right? Good enough for me.

Spoiler for size:

you're a very good writer! but its such a sad story! XD It will get happier though, right? I wanna see more~

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 05:16   Link #569
Nobodyman9
Banned

All right boys and girls, here it is. After one very long and sleepless night I give you my "snippet" (more of a long one-shot now). I hope I didn't go overboard on the descriptive narration, but I felt it was necssary.
Spoiler for it's a big 'un:

Well, I hope it all came out well. Hope you all liked it.

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-06-28 at 14:36.
Old 2009-06-05, 06:12   Link #570
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
All right boys and girls, here it is. After one very long and sleepless night I give you my "snippet" (more of a long one-shot now). I hope I didn't go overboard on the descriptive narration, but I felt it was necssary.
Spoiler for it's a big 'un:

Well, I hope it all came out well. Hope you all liked it.
Aww! It started out so sad, but then the ending was so cute! I hadda smile at the end! thanks for writing this, it was really great!

Old 2009-06-05, 08:45   Link #571
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Guess that teaches Lelouch a lesson: Sometimes, it is better to let those tears flow.
Old 2009-06-05, 15:40   Link #572
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Wow! That was an amazing story! It was just what I needed after a rough day! Very good, just pure excellence right there. I am at loss of words right now at how to describe it, but I'll say two: Well done!
Old 2009-06-05, 20:13   Link #573
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Aww! It started out so sad, but then the ending was so cute! I hadda smile at the end! thanks for writing this, it was really great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Guess that teaches Lelouch a lesson: Sometimes, it is better to let those tears flow.
Quote:
Wow! That was an amazing story! It was just what I needed after a rough day! Very good, just pure excellence right there. I am at loss of words right now at how to describe it, but I'll say two: Well done!
Aww, I'm so glad you all liked it. Makes it all worthwhile.
Old 2009-06-06, 23:40   Link #574
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Hum... That fic is not that big, Nobody.

Well, i'm glad foi being one of the people that gave you the idea, cause this is a really nice fic. I would rep you, if i could, because it's reaaally something. It touched me, and that's something, Nobody. But there's something i didn't like, which is how Lelouch abandoned everyone, i mean, sure it makes sense and it's even how it ended in the game, but you made it look like Lelouch just disapeared in thin air, when i think that at least he was going to get in touch with Suzaku to take care of Nunnally for him or something like that. But that's a tiny little thing in this great fic.

You got my seal of approval, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 23:49   Link #575
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Hum... That fic is not that big, Nobody.
He he, well it was a lot longer than I originally intended, so maybe it just seemed long to me.

Quote:
Well, i'm glad foi being one of the people that gave you the idea, cause this is a really nice fic. I would rep you, if i could, because it's reaaally something. It touched me, and that's something, Nobody. But there's something i didn't like, which is how Lelouch abandoned everyone, i mean, sure it makes sense and it's even how it ended in the game, but you made it look like Lelouch just disapeared in thin air, when i think that at least he was going to get in touch with Suzaku to take care of Nunnally for him or something like that. But that's a tiny little thing in this great fic.

You got my seal of approval, hehe.
I'll admit, yes that did bother me too. I really don't think it's like Lelouch to up and abandon everyone, especially Nunnally, but I was just going by what little I know of the Lost Colors ending, and apparently he does leave everything behind there. I guess I could have come up with some idea of how he could have assured everyone would be okay, but I figured this fic was more about him and Shirley. Plus I'm not sure how I would've done it and would have probably taken a long time to explain.

Anyway, glad you liked it, and thanks for the constructive criticism.
Old 2009-06-07, 14:06   Link #576
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
He he, well it was a lot longer than I originally intended, so maybe it just seemed long to me.

I'll admit, yes that did bother me too. I really don't think it's like Lelouch to up and abandon everyone, especially Nunnally, but I was just going by what little I know of the Lost Colors ending, and apparently he does leave everything behind there. I guess I could have come up with some idea of how he could have assured everyone would be okay, but I figured this fic was more about him and Shirley. Plus I'm not sure how I would've done it and would have probably taken a long time to explain.

Anyway, glad you liked it, and thanks for the constructive criticism.
Now that I think about it, Kid made a good point. XD But its nothing against your fic, which is amazing, its the game's choice to have him abandon everything that seems a little strange. I mean, I love that he was willing to help her the way he did, but there had to have been a better way than leaving everyone, including his own little sister behind.

I understand that you just followed what the game gave you, and added the ending twist. Plus, I get what you mean about explaining it, it probably wouldve taken too long. The way it is now, your fic is short but sweet. Your take on it was really great. But Im wondering though, now that she has her memory back, will she and Lelouch continue living away from everyone, or will they go back? I know you're done with that little short story, but Im just wondering how that would go if you continued it.

Old 2009-06-07, 15:53   Link #577
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
But Im wondering though, now that she has her memory back, will she and Lelouch continue living away from everyone, or will they go back? I know you're done with that little short story, but Im just wondering how that would go if you continued it.
Ah, now that I'll leave to your imagination. It's not my intention to make a long-running fanfic out of this, but I have considered could happen now that Shirley is back to normal. I suppose they could just spend the rest of their lives together, but, like you, I personally believe that Shirley would convince Lelouch to go back to those he abandoned, and we could actually see how they've changed in the five years. I have this bizarre idea where Suzaku or Kallen have formed a contract with C.C. But hey, you never know. If I can ever come up with something really good, maybe I will make a sequel.
Old 2009-06-07, 16:00   Link #578
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Ah, now that I'll leave to your imagination. It's not my intention to make a long-running fanfic out of this, but I have considered could happen now that Shirley is back to normal. I suppose they could just spend the rest of their lives together, but, like you, I personally believe that Shirley would convince Lelouch to go back to those he abandoned, and we could actually see how they've changed in the five years. I have this bizarre idea where Suzaku or Kallen have formed a contract with C.C. But hey, you never know. If I can ever come up with something really good, maybe I will make a sequel.
Hey, I'd be up for a sequel! you could explain how it was when they left, then how it is when they get back and all that. if you ever decide how you want to work with that contract idea, that could also be interesting. Euphie would still be alive though, so Im just wondering why Suzaku would need a contract? but it can still be interesting. Well, just know that we'd all love to see it if it ever gets done.

Old 2009-06-07, 17:59   Link #579
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Hey, I'd be up for a sequel! you could explain how it was when they left, then how it is when they get back and all that. if you ever decide how you want to work with that contract idea, that could also be interesting. Euphie would still be alive though, so Im just wondering why Suzaku would need a contract? but it can still be interesting. Well, just know that we'd all love to see it if it ever gets done.
Thansk for your support! And yeah, you do bring up a good point about the Suzaku/Euphemia thing, but hey, 5 years is a long time (longer then the full span of Code Geass ) who knows what could've happened in that time. But as I said, if inspiration ever hits me, perhaps I will make a follow up.

Anyway, now lets talk about something other than my adorable fanfic So lets just get down to the nitty gritty. We all know Shirley loved Lelouch (duh) but do you think Lelouch loved Shirley?

I think it's very possible that he did, but I have neither the time nor energy to go on a huge rant about it, so I'll give a summary of some key moments

-Going out of his way to protect her in the Mao arc
-The famous "If I/we are reborn, then lets..." line
-The whole speech at the very end of Stage 14
-Him not wanting her to get hurt and the whole date in Turn 3
-Not wanting her to get hurt/involved in his plan in Turn 12
-The butt hat exchange scene in the same episode
-Jumping off a building to save her in Turn 13
-His emotional devastation during her death
-He massacred the entire geass cult on her behalf
Old 2009-06-07, 18:33   Link #580
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Thansk for your support! And yeah, you do bring up a good point about the Suzaku/Euphemia thing, but hey, 5 years is a long time (longer then the full span of Code Geass ) who knows what could've happened in that time. But as I said, if inspiration ever hits me, perhaps I will make a follow up.

Anyway, now lets talk about something other than my adorable fanfic So lets just get down to the nitty gritty. We all know Shirley loved Lelouch (duh) but do you think Lelouch loved Shirley?

I think it's very possible that he did, but I have neither the time nor energy to go on a huge rant about it, so I'll give a summary of some key moments

-Going out of his way to protect her in the Mao arc
-The famous "If I/we are reborn, then lets..." line
-The whole speech at the very end of Stage 14
-Him not wanting her to get hurt and the whole date in Turn 3
-Not wanting her to get hurt/involved in his plan in Turn 12
-The butt hat exchange scene in the same episode
-Jumping off a building to save her in Turn 13
-His emotional devastation during her death
-He massacred the entire geass cult on her behalf
I think he loved her also. All those points you brought up were great, and I wanna say what I think about the "butt hat" scene.

I think that scene meant a little more than just showing that they exchanged hats and became a couple (by school standards at least). Although I think that was significant enough on it own. But the parts that stood out to me were when Shirley says Lelouch is lying about liking her, and he denies that it was a lie. I know this has been said at least once before, but its pretty notable, imo. He had just been giving a chance to say nothing, which wouldve been the thing to do if he was really lying. But him denying it makes it seem like he was telling the truth.

Then, the part where Shirley tells him to close his eyes. To me, that showed how much he trusted her. He had just said earlier on that he didnt want to get her involved with him anymore, and here he is willing to accept a kiss from her. and then the part where she pinches his cheeks is just really cute. XD but he does blush, which isnt really huge, but cute anyways~

well, thats all for now. I will try to add more later when Im not rushing.

Last edited by ginran; 2010-04-30 at 17:05.