AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 15:39   Link #5041
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This is, I think, what I will fall into using. It's Season One NEW AND IMPROVED! Now With Endless Dissappearing Bamboo that Sighs!
Old 2009-06-05, 15:42   Link #5042
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Oh the irony of that first sentence...
I don't understand. Care to explain it?

Quote:

The whole "S2 canceled" thing is marketing nonsense because they decided to animate the episodes they skipped over and realized how silly it would be to have S1 and S2 when some S1 episodes occur after some episodes in S2 and vice versa.

The 14 new episodes are season 2 regardless of what Kadokawa calls it and are what this thread was supposed to be about. This is not the "Here's spoilers from the current novels that have nothing to do with anything that will happen in the second season" thread nor the "'Second season' that occurs after the current 28 episode 'first season'" thread. This is what the previous post was pointing out.
You can call Second Season (everyone do), but is nor oficially called that way. So, The Real Second Season would be what you call Third Season. Anyway, we are just using this thread to discuss about the "Real Second Season". We could
use to discuss the "New Episodes of the First Season" (Season 1.5), since they are called "Second Season" as well.

Honestly, this post:

Quote:
And now this thread is talking about a potential third season...

S2 is only 14 eps... and we may get another original episode. They very likely aren't going past vol 6 (if they even finish that).
Is like a unnecessery complain that broke the discussion pointlessly. Is also my fault, of course. I shoudn't had bougth it.

I like the "Season 1.5" idea.

| I usually use Kaisos suggestion, is the consensus on my contry fandom. But noone in this forum seems to do.
V

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-06-05 at 16:35.
Old 2009-06-05, 16:07   Link #5043
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Or just "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2009".
Old 2009-06-05, 16:29   Link #5044
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Dunno... I kinda like that "Endless Disappearing Bamboo that Sighs" thing
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-05, 16:51   Link #5045
dnab
anime berkeley

And while we're still debating the semantics of the new episodes, we are still not in the "Current Series" forum where, by definition, is where "Forums for discussing popular anime that are currently airing." I know I know, many have spoken and they (admins) are getting to that. I'd just like to air my personal "still stuck as 2nd class citizen category" feeling in the context of the current discussions.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:52   Link #5046
M.Marangio

They are probably waiting for the next new episode.

Don't blame the mods, blame Kadokawa with their misleading announcements.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:53   Link #5047
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since they tend to wait to add new character threads until the character has been in two episodes, that would make sense.
Old 2009-06-05, 23:20   Link #5048
dnab
anime berkeley

Haven't heard the T-word for a while. But the mods are assuming, and perhaps rightfully so, that there a chance that there might not be another new episode beyond BLR. If that's the case we'd better move the hell up there NOW while we can still enjoy the ambiguity.

Santo Subito! Or rather, serie corrente subito!!

Last edited by dnab; 2009-06-05 at 23:34.
Old 2009-06-06, 05:37   Link #5049
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnab View Post
But the mods are assuming, and perhaps rightfully so, that there a chance that there might not be another new episode beyond BLR.
No, seriously. As much as Kadokawa seems to love doing stuff that makes absolutely no sense, I'm pretty sure they're actually going to HAVE 14 new episodes now. If they weren't, then why did they even bother making a new ending? (Which has lyrics that seem to be vaguely hinting at events in the 4th light-novel.)
Old 2009-06-06, 10:28   Link #5050
Driger

The Conspiracy of Kadokawa
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-06, 10:33   Link #5051
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driger View Post
The Conspiracy of Kadokawa
Spoiler:
Care to translate?
Old 2009-06-06, 10:36   Link #5052
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Mainly its just saying that the news of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody caused a data explosion on the internets.

2ch became more insane than they already were with people spamming the arrival.

ANN spreaded the news immediately.

The lyrics of ED, 'Tomare!', appeared instantaneously over blogs.

When the episode got on Youtube, it got 120,000 views on the first day.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-06, 11:44   Link #5053
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The 14 new episodes are season 2 regardless of what Kadokawa calls it and are what this thread was supposed to be about. This is not the "Here's spoilers from the current novels that have nothing to do with anything that will happen in the second season" thread nor the "'Second season' that occurs after the current 28 episode 'first season'" thread. This is what the previous post was pointing out.
By the way, I just want to say from a moderator perspective that this is indeed what this thread is about. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the 2009 re-launch of the show that contains the new episodes. It is not to discuss a future season that may come beyond this current one, or whatever. I'll rename the thread accordingly.

Edit: Oh yeah, and by the way, about moving the sub-forum, the admins are just waiting for the second new episode to air as a confirmation of the current theory re: this re-launch.
Old 2009-06-06, 12:44   Link #5054
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Quote:
By the way, I just want to say from a moderator perspective that this is indeed what this thread is about. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the 2009 re-launch of the show that contains the new episodes. It is not to discuss a future season that may come beyond this current one, or whatever. I'll rename the thread accordingly.
How about from a "people who actually use the topic" perspective? There's been exactly one person who has shown any problem with using this topic as a forum for discussion of "beyond the first 28" Haruhi episodes to this point. You would make the second.

Changing a topic title on the fly just to quash the apparent majority opinion of what the topic is about is a start up a slippery slope. But, since we do already have a catch-all "Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation" topic that can technically accomodate "true" second season discussion, I will limit my own "second season" discussion in this topic, but I do so under duress...

Might as well go all the way, though. If you would, please do your mod thing and move all the previous "29+" discussion from here to that topic. I would hate to have to cross-post and violate the forum rules. (just the actual S2 discussion—keep the posts, like this one, that discuss the on-topicness, so that future readers will be confused and we can farm lulz from them ^_^)
Old 2009-06-06, 19:49   Link #5055
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Changing a topic title on the fly just to quash the apparent majority opinion of what the topic is about is a start up a slippery slope. But, since we do already have a catch-all "Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation" topic that can technically accomodate "true" second season discussion, I will limit my own "second season" discussion in this topic, but I do so under duress...
There is no "slippery slope" here. This thread has a chronic problem with deciding what its topic is. For years it has been a sort of generic catch-all for rumours and speculation about the next season of Haruhi, that also happened to encompass a ton of novel spoilers and off-topic tangents. And this, as you point out, despite the fact that there were already other threads that would have been more on-topic for those sorts of conversations. Now that we do in fact have a second season of the show after a fashion, the initial news that resulted in the creation of this thread has come to pass. Just because they happened to have integrated the new content into a re-airing does not mean that this is not what the topic was original referring to. Playing this game of "this isn't really the second season because they're airing it along side the first" is a game of semantics that just allows people to continue to take this topic wherever they damn well please. Don't you think that outsiders who would have come to this forum would have assumed a "second season" thread to in fact refer to the current new episodes, especially given that almost all the files released so far call it "Second Season"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Might as well go all the way, though. If you would, please do your mod thing and move all the previous "29+" discussion from here to that topic. I would hate to have to cross-post and violate the forum rules. (just the actual S2 discussion—keep the posts, like this one, that discuss the on-topicness, so that future readers will be confused and we can farm lulz from them ^_^)
Your sarcasm is not lost on me. (And incidentally, it is not against any forum rule to cross-quote.)

You're right that this thread has too many topics and trying to re-organize it while continuing the thread under a new banner is likely a futile effort. So let's call a spade a spade and start over. I will move the 29+ discussion to the future episode threads as you discussed, create a new thread for the 2009 Re-Launch, and lock this thread as "Second Season Speculation". Now that a second season of a sort has come to pass, the topic here can now diverge in the two separate directions: either to talk about the 2009 re-launch (rumoured episodes 15-28, so to speak), OR to talk in general about possible future episodes in the Future Episode speculation thread. This thread has had a long and fruitful life covering all the developments that got us to this point, so I think there's no harm done in putting it out to pasture.

I trust that this solution will be more equitable to both sides of the argument. Feel free to let me know if you have any concerns (but I'd ask that you give it a bit of time to get used to the new setup first).

Edit: Migration of that conversation thread is complete. Doing a bit of cleanup here.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-06 at 20:07. Reason: migration note
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen