AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 20 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 35.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-06, 03:16   Link #41
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In my mind...
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, if the data transfer is completed, then the people in the eden site will be able to see the data. what I fear is that number 1 and 10 will see that the data was transfered and this will put more people in Danger. you know, I wouldn't mind if a couple of the Eden Gang get killed and because of Oosugi Jealousy and he distancing himself from the group he survives. It will be so good if Saki finds out that because she brought Akira into the group and he kept his activities a secret two or more of her friends were killed.
Oh. Was that what he was doing before he left the house? Makes sense. Thanks

Though I don't think you can totally blame Akira or Saki if her friends get killed thanks to this Selecao game...
__________________

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:20   Link #42
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
God DAMN this was one freaking awesome episode.

Spoiler for for episode 9:
Haak is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:27   Link #43
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, it was pretty screwed up
Spoiler for episode 9:
~BC~ is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:34   Link #44
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
When I think about it, I finally believe that the "I'll kill you Akira Takizawa" spray painted on the walls of the mall's inner section was not made by the NEETs but possibly by either I or X. From the way X acts he looks completely pussywhipped (for lack of a better term) by I, like he's just being ordered around by I. It no longer seems like X's use of the missle attack was solely by his hand or idea but rather influenced by I. Clearly they've been working together for a while and probably share similar ideals, but X is being given the bigger share of the responsibilities of having their plans carried out.

The most massive revelation in this episode and probably the series so far is the "Return to pre-WWII era Japan" tagged on the missle strikes. To me it's probably the core of the plans of I and probably X for improvement of Japan: Remilitarization of Japan prior to the second World War. It would suggest that the missle strikes were fully intended as a wake up call to Japan that needs to re-arm itself and break away from the anti-rearmament pacts it had agreed upon after WWII.

It is already more than clear that Akira's acts pre-wipe was to counter X, by essentially saving the NEETs and planning the evacuation of the areas hit by the missle prior to Careless Monday. The problem is, waving a gun bare-assed in front of the White House and Saki seems to run counter to his actions before that point. Based on what was revealed in the history, he's more a pacifist and peacemaker trying to stop the aggressive and sacrificing actions of X.

This makes me reconsider his action on that day: it seems more likely that being naked with a gun on Penn avenue was not a choice of his own but as if he was either forced into it, or was backed into a corner. Either way, wiping his mind seems to have become a way out of that situation where he would have done something drastic, as if banking on the essential nature of his character that even without memories, he can make his way back and find another way. Again, something must have happened that forced him into that situation, which as I've said before is probably the central problem and climax of the story.

Of course this doesn't explain whether he was aiming for Saki or the White House, but it further deepens the gravity of involvement.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:42   Link #45
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Though I don't think you can totally blame Akira or Saki if her friends get killed thanks to this Selecao game...
oh yes i can, I wouldn't blame Saki as much, but she still has some blame. she brought a guy like akira to the group, a guy she met under very strange circumstances. I know it is anime, but it seems that the most hated guy in the show is the only one with some common sense, regardless of his initial motives. No wonder he is the only one that has found a Job.
golthin is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:46   Link #46
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
They don't deserve blame. When you meet a mysterious man with no memory you shouldn't have to expect them to be part of a massive dangeruous consipracy.

Akira might be a little blameworthy since he still refuses to tell Saki what's happening even though he knows he's playing a game. It's not that he's a bad person. Again, he's just not thinking things through. And for all pantsu's intelligence it doesn't look as if he was either when he told Saki that.

People have an annoying habit of assuming they know what's best for other people.

And I'm sure the most hated guys in the show are now #1 and #10.
Haak is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 03:49   Link #47
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
What an great episode. I was sad to see it end due to all the information gained from the episode.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 04:23   Link #48
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
oh yes i can, I wouldn't blame Saki as much, but she still has some blame. she brought a guy like akira to the group, a guy she met under very strange circumstances. I know it is anime, but it seems that the most hated guy in the show is the only one with some common sense, regardless of his initial motives. No wonder he is the only one that has found a Job.
Not just initial motives. Jealosy is his drive, not something that just started the ball rolling, but something that keeps him going. Jealousy and somewhat hatred for Akira (for taking away something that was never his) is what keeps him going, rather than care or reason. It is not the voice of reason, it is the voice of jealosy, that accidentally leads towards the same direction as the reason, yet has a different goal (not to trying to find out the TRUTH, but to find out the FACTS that would push Akira away from the group and most importantly Saki).
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 04:48   Link #49
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cali
I don't get it. Why couldn't Pantsu have just ordered some new slacks online to be delivered to his door?
__________________
:> Suddenly a birdy appears! What do you do?
SSJiffy is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 04:50   Link #50
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
He decided he would never go out because he thought he would be someone great but his own invention told him he'd just be a NEET.

I think to him, the whole slacks blowing away thing was a sign rather than a reason.
Haak is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:05   Link #51
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Not just initial motives. Jealosy is his drive, not something that just started the ball rolling, but something that keeps him going. Jealousy and somewhat hatred for Akira (for taking away something that was never his) is what keeps him going, rather than care or reason. It is not the voice of reason, it is the voice of jealosy, that accidentally leads towards the same direction as the reason, yet has a different goal (not to trying to find out the TRUTH, but to find out the FACTS that would push Akira away from the group and most importantly Saki).
his initial motive was wanting to find out who Akira was. Now after he found out the information he is honestly trying to warn his friends about something dangerous. really, you people make the guy so bad. If it was me, after my friends betray me and rather help the new commer, i wouldn't care less if they all went to hell. I think Oosugi is too nice of a guy for his own good. if after watching this episode and seeing what happened to pantsu, anyone that can keep saying that being involved with Akira is not dangerous is in denial.
golthin is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:05   Link #52
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
I'm utterly disgusted with all the hatred toward Oosugi.
Wishing him dead, just because he is investigating a potential boyfriend of his love-interest? Worse than SD Makoto? And at the same time no one gives a shit about such crimes like #11's habit...
It is ironic to see that a bigger part of the people who hates him, would probably behave similarly given the very same circumstances.
And please refer to my Teal Deer post in the previous episode thread, IMO he isn't all that different to Saki in that regard to be honest.
Well, truthfully I couldn't care less about that love-triangle part of the story, I find it out of place.

Anyway, I'm a tiny bit disappointed with the episode, because it was more or less predictable (except running over Jack-Black).
The few things worth mentioning
Spoiler for length:

Edit:
Spoiler for one more mystery:
__________________

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-06 at 06:45. Reason: typo
izmosmolnar is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:11   Link #53
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for length:
That looked like Akira to me.
Haak is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:13   Link #54
anomono
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
@Darknemo2000

Well said. Oosugi is childish jerk, driven by jealousy. I never liked him, but his behavior in this episode truly disgusts me.

He has uncovered some disturbing information about their new acquaintance, and what does he do with it? He drags the Eden members out to the mall, and puts on a show for them.

Likewise, he messages Saki as a pretext to get some alone time with her. He should have just put the relevant details in the message itself, as that would have been the quickest way to get that information to her.
anomono is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:24   Link #55
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomono View Post
@Darknemo2000

Well said. Oosugi is childish jerk, driven by jealousy. I never liked him, but his behavior in this episode truly disgusts me.

He has uncovered some disturbing information about their new acquaintance, and what does he do with it? He drags the Eden members out to the mall, and puts on a show for them.

Likewise, he messages Saki as a pretext to get some alone time with her. He should have just put the relevant details in the message itself, as that would have been the quickest way to get that information to her.
Wha the hell are you talking about? He gave the Eden members the info over the phone right? That's the first thing he did.
Haak is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 05:29   Link #56
SemperMalum
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
10B Yen = around 100 mil USD no? That's a lot of people, but hardly enough to do anything on the scale at which they are doing. Maybe they get some insane membership discount? Akira bought that hotel earlier right? Those things cost around 100mil USD, that would of been all of his money.....
From my understanding, the money probably went into a bribe that they couldn't refuse.

As for this episode, it was fantastic. I'm like on the edge of my seat waiting for what's next.

And, side note, Oosugi is a very typical though normal character, but as an outside party, it's also very easy to hate on him due to the fact that he's attempting to organize an entire group of 'friends' against Akira. You can understand where he's coming from, but that doesn't necessarily make it 'okay' by the viewer's standards. We only got to view him as a negative character.
SemperMalum is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 06:15   Link #57
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for length:
people seem to misunderstand something, Pantsu didn't retrieved the erased data from From Akira's phone as many thought Akira wanted to do. He fixed number 4 phone which still have all the history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomono View Post
@Darknemo2000

Well said. Oosugi is childish jerk, driven by jealousy. I never liked him, but his behavior in this episode truly disgusts me.

He has uncovered some disturbing information about their new acquaintance, and what does he do with it? He drags the Eden members out to the mall, and puts on a show for them.

Likewise, he messages Saki as a pretext to get some alone time with her. He should have just put the relevant details in the message itself, as that would have been the quickest way to get that information to her.
he invited them to see the evidence with their own eyes as he suspect that if he just told them about it, that they will dismiss it as he just making things up out of jealousy. Heck, even all of you that are the audience and know all the facts are saying that he is doing all this out of jealousy. that was Saki's reaction when she saw his text message.

edit:
by the way people, you are free to hate Oosugi, but don't try to reationalize it as if he is doing anything wrong.
He is being an obstacle to the canon couple and if I was still a shipper like I was at the beginning before I found out more about the dangerous game Akira is on, I think I would hate him too. He is just being a friend to the Eden gang, if after they receive all this info and they continue to work with Akira, they can end all just like pantsu. the only member I would be sad to see dead is the loli computer freak.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-06-06 at 06:27.
golthin is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 06:18   Link #58
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
his initial motive was wanting to find out who Akira was. Now after he found out the information he is honestly trying to warn his friends about something dangerous. really, you people make the guy so bad. If it was me, after my friends betray me and rather help the new commer, i wouldn't care less if they all went to hell. I think Oosugi is too nice of a guy for his own good. if after watching this episode and seeing what happened to pantsu, anyone that can keep saying that being involved with Akira is not dangerous is in denial.
And you can be blamed for trying to pull him out as much nicer than he actually is.

Your point? Everyone free to have their own opinion. I see him as jealousy driven guy, who would not be afraid to tell lies for others as long as it would suit him in his purpose (to drive Akira away from Saki). It just matches that the truth is leading the same way, but he is far from a concerned little bunny you try to picture him, I believe.

I find his main drive is the jealousy rather than concern and the search for the truth, and I do not find him a nice guy at all. It is up to each person how one presents Ossugi's motives to be.

We see the acts but we do not see what is the main purpose of these acts (just implications that can have various interpretations) - I believe this drive to be jealousy, you believe that it is a concern like a fluffy, little prince, who is too nice guy for his own good - but again it is up to everyone to believe the way they want.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 06:28   Link #59
anomono
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wha the hell are you talking about? He gave the Eden members the info over the phone right? That's the first thing he did.
No need to be a jerk yourself. If you feel that you must respond, at least address the point of my post. Which is to say...

The way he goes about "warning" the others makes his motivation clear; Saki sees right through it, and blows him off. Why does he want to meet her, saying he has something important to say, rather than just writing it?

Oosugi has nothing but unfounded suspicions at this point, and dragging them out to the mall is appealing to their emotion, not reason. At the end, he acts like he is about to deliver some rehearsed propaganda.

Akira is clearly something special, but Oosugi could care less about the quality of his character; he is just grasping for an excuse to get rid of an obstacle to his romantic ambitions. So far, all he has is hearsay and graffiti.
anomono is offline  
Old 2009-06-06, 06:32   Link #60
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomono View Post
No need to be a jerk yourself. If you feel that you must respond, at least address the point of my post. Which is to say...

The way he goes about "warning" the others makes his motivation clear; Saki sees right through it, and blows him off. Why does he want to meet her, saying he has something important to say, rather than just writing it?

Oosugi has nothing but unfounded suspicions at this point, and dragging them out to the mall is appealing to their emotion, not reason. At the end, he acts like he is about to deliver some rehearsed propaganda.

Akira is clearly something special, but Oosugi could care less about the quality of his character; he is just grasping for an excuse to get rid of an obstacle to his romantic ambitions. So far, all he has is hearsay and graffiti.
he didn't ask her to meet him, he asked her to give him a call whenever Akira was not around. she just doesn't want to deal with it right now.
golthin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.