AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-08, 02:08   Link #901
dunames
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
This should be in the T vs P thread. But I find the pwn part funny when someone is on their hands and knees saying, "Please, do it while I still have a shread of humanity," asking Teresa in standard Claymore fashion to show her the ultimate act of mercy. If ending up in an embarasing, humbling position twice in a fight is pwning...
actually pwn have many differetn difnition. it all point of view. u have ur view and i ahve my. look at it this way.

on 1 side u have Teresa. rank 1 status. know to be the most powerful #1 up to her time and so on. on the other side u ahve a nub. a naive fresh of boot camp who just enter the rank. after 12 round, it wasnt jsut a win by point but it was a upset TKO.

i'm not saying it to be off topic. it just stupid to see every1 sayign how teresa was league apart from Prisy ans so on when comparing clare to them. they all seem to forget that Prisy was the one who took teresa head and not the other way around.
dunames is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:11   Link #902
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunames View Post
i know that there r a lot of Teresa fanboy but u guys GOT 2 LET IT GO N GET OVER IT.
Fact:
as godly as Teresa is she got WTF pwn/killed by Prisy
as fast as Teresa is she got WTF pwn/killed by Prisy
as hawt as Teresa is she got WTF pwn/killed by Prisy
as power as Teresa is she got WTF pwn/killed by Prisy

TERESA GOT 1 SHOTED BY PRISY! end of story

fanboy can dream all u want, can do a million fanfic but as fact stand, Teresa was taken down in battle by Prisy.

Teresa can be all mighty godly powerful and all but what count is the end result of the fight and WE ALL KNOW THAT PRISY 1 SHOTED TERESA CUTING HER HEAD OF CLEAN.

when all is said and done, Prisy was the victor and teresa was the false god who got put 6 feet under and cant even turn her head to look up at Prisy.

so pls stop saying how Teresa is so much more powerful the Prisy. we all know the out come of the fight.

Prisy is so much more powerful then teresa was or will ever be.At the pennicle of teresa's power, she got her head cut off clean by an naive immature Prisy who just enter the rank. what goes around comes around like how Teresa took care of Rosemary, ex-#1, Prisy took care of Teresa and make her the next ex-#1.

cry+whine all u want, fact stand, Prisy cut off Teresa head clean.
It's about time someone brought some energy and possibly comedy over to the thread Hi dunames. We're on planet earth right now
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:17   Link #903
Stream
Radical Dreamer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Dunames, that was retarded. Also, spelling and grammar are important things. USE THEM. Everyone else, follow the simple rule: Do not feed the trolls. This discussion is dead and over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
But why would Rafaela give Clare her loves if Luciella is dead? This all smells like, "I need someone to take care of my sister when I'm gone" setup.
Gangsta, I disagree. I think Rafaela was just entrusting Clare with all of her memories. Plus, I think Luciela is dying now.

Remember: Rafaela said that if you die in this world, your body in the real world will become just a corpse. Since Clare killed Rafaela, it stands to reason that as soon as this youki is done gushing out, what will remain will be just a corpse.
Stream is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:27   Link #904
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Thx Stream. Rafaela did say that. Since Clare defeated Rafaela, Rafaela's body is probably a corpse now.
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:29   Link #905
dunames
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction_2_Claymore View Post
please try to remember, that Teresa got killed in a moment of surprise, and that Prissy was in an awakened form. if Prissy had killed Teresa in Claymore form, then, it's not wrong to say that she's more powerful than Teresa.

uh, and i find this so off topic.
k let do this. let make it so both Prisy and Teresa are cold heart killer with no mercy in that fight? who do u think will win then. will Teresa pwn them all or will teresa still fell at teh hand of Prisy.

in a situation were both side show no mercy. Prisy would still behead Teresa. Teresa cant escape death. when the fight start and Teresa jump out. If Prisy didnt show mercy and let Teresa go, Prisy could have chop Teresa into a million pieces and Teresa would ahve gone to hell without knowign what hit her. Teresa strong point is her ability to sense yoki. its so good that she can sense every drop of yoki in teh body to the point where she can follow those yoki flow and predict that fighter every movement. Teresa was so good at it but she fail to sense Prisy. Prisy ability to hide her yoki was just a step above teresa rendering Prisy invisible to Teresa. if Prisy was a ruthless fighter liek hwo every1 said teresa should ahve being, then teh fight would ahve ended b4 teresa could even take a glance at Prisy.

both side show mercy and underestatmated their oppn walking on that paper thin line between life and death. Prisy just have superior ballance while teresa slip and got her head cut off clean.
dunames is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:33   Link #906
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunames View Post
actually pwn have many differetn difnition. it all point of view. u have ur view and i ahve my. look at it this way.

on 1 side u have Teresa. rank 1 status. know to be the most powerful #1 up to her time and so on. on the other side u ahve a nub. a naive fresh of boot camp who just enter the rank. after 12 round, it wasnt jsut a win by point but it was a upset TKO.

i'm not saying it to be off topic. it just stupid to see every1 sayign how teresa was league apart from Prisy ans so on when comparing clare to them. they all seem to forget that Prisy was the one who took teresa head and not the other way around.
While my own opinion gives the upper hand to Teresa, I am not one of the people who claimed that they were leagues apart; I think of them in the same league. But to put it into perspective, pwn > own, and requires a decisive victory. Somehow, I have trouble seeing someone who acted like they were the honorable, moral authority on things, who started a fight and finds themselves in humbling position twice being granted mercy by the person they started the fight with to pwn that person by giving them what amounts to a kick in the balls after receiving an act of kindness from that person. Now it would've been different if Prissy came in as the rogue, but she came in as the saint and ended up losing what she stood for. So I don't even think you can argue the cheap shot as pwnage in that case, since it goes against what she stood for.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:35   Link #907
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Asia Tour
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
I view pawn as when you easily defeat someone. Like no sweat. Priscilla had a hard time fighting Teresa. She had to cut off Teresa's hands first to leave her head unguarded. I think I cried with Clare the first time I watched the scene
__________________


It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:40   Link #908
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tejas
Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Gangsta, I disagree. I think Rafaela was just entrusting Clare with all of her memories. Plus, I think Luciela is dying now.

Remember: Rafaela said that if you die in this world, your body in the real world will become just a corpse. Since Clare killed Rafaela, it stands to reason that as soon as this youki is done gushing out, what will remain will be just a corpse.
Rafaela did say that, but as mentioned before, some of us looked at the most obvious reason why this would be the case. Simply put, if the consciousness ceases to exist, the body would be in a brain dead coma. This is true for Clare. However, Rafaela has already stated that there is an emerging consciousness in her body. So if Rafaela ceases to exist, the body still would have a consciousness to control it and thus not be brain dead. It is perfectly logical to see things in this way.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:54   Link #909
dunames
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Dunames, that was retarded. Also, spelling and grammar are important things. USE THEM.
so not agree. whats is important to 1 person maybe not be to others. just cause grammar and spelling is important to u dont mean they are to me. what right u have to tell me what is important to me.

u may think what i said is retard but thats ur opinion and it ur alone and it still dont change that fact that Prisy beheaded Teresa. i'm not saying it to be offtopic, just want to tell the posters fo the past 2 pages of people who keep on forgetting that inportant part of when Prisy behead Teresa and still believe that Teresa would wipe the floor of Prisy when it was Prisy who behead Teresa.

PS:
USE THEM...all cap meaning ur yelling or something to that exptend. shouldnt it be somethign like "USE THEM!" and not "USE THEM."


USE THEM URSELF!
dunames is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 02:54   Link #910
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Rafaela did say that, but as mentioned before, some of us looked at the most obvious reason why this would be the case. Simply put, if the consciousness ceases to exist, the body would be in a brain dead coma. This is true for Clare. However, Rafaela has already stated that there is an emerging consciousness in her body. So if Rafaela ceases to exist, the body still would have a consciousness to control it and thus not be brain dead. It is perfectly logical to see things in this way.
I believe I also said something about the matter a little earlier.
Ryuken is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 03:05   Link #911
anomono
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunames View Post
k
dunames, I would like to let you know that this is as far as I bothered to read into your post. I got a little further into the previous one, but as Stream said above, you need to work on your spelling and grammar.

Above all though, that obnoxious abbreviation just makes you come across like an idiot. To all of you who insist on saving a handful of characters in this way, you should know that there are a lot of people out there who won't even bother to read it.
anomono is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 03:08   Link #912
Addiction_2_Claymore
Totally addicted...
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
just wanted to say that, we are totally going off topic just talking about Dunames posts and grammar. and try not to say that people won't be bothered to read the posts, it's not like everyone would read every other person's post.

Dunames, don't take it too hard. O:

ok, this silly grammar thing ends here
__________________
Claymore may be pure fantasy, but still...

Addiction_2_Claymore is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 03:16   Link #913
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunames View Post
I don't agree. What's important to one person maybe not be to others. Just because grammar and spelling is important to you doesn't mean they are to me. What right do you have to tell me what is important to me?

You may think what I said is retarded but that's your opinion and yours alone and it still doesn't change that fact that Prisy beheaded Teresa. I'm not saying it to be off topic, I just want to tell the past 2 pages of people who keep on forgetting that important part of when Prisy behead Teresa and still believe that Teresa would wipe the floor of Prisy when it was Prisy who beheaded Teresa.

PS:
USE THEM...all caps meaning you are yelling or something to that extent. Shouldn't it be something like "USE THEM!" and not "USE THEM."?


USE THEM YOURSELF!
Wow, this post looks so much better when the spelling and grammar are fixed.

Oh and we have a thread for Teresa vs Priscilla. Go use it, and stop derailing the thread. Thanks.
__________________
Solace is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 05:00   Link #914
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Even if Raph is dead,Raciela isn't a corpse 'cause she has a different consciousness.

....and Priscilla stronger than Teresa?hahahahahah!I can't belive there are people so blind.....during the fight Priscilla's 70-80% yoki was destroyed by just a little of Teresa's yoki....
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 06:58   Link #915
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: here there and everywhere!
i really really didn't want to get into this but with a little bit of more seasoning like... three years? prissy would've had a shot but she still would have lost in the 9th or 10th round. but prissy had huge potential and had to waste it by awakening too early. u.u
clarakiss~ is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 07:16   Link #916
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Marshland
~Ah hum!

Why do you guys say the semi interesting stuff when i'm not around? Except the whole tired Teresa vs Priscilla debate, which HAS IT'S OWN THREAD NOW!

Anyway to answer Arturro's question some pages back, the simplest reason for a split in opinion, based on demographics, is probably just pure exposure to modern shounen cliches/tropes/aesops etc. All you've gotta do is realise the whole DBZ influence on everything and it becomes tedious, i prefer intracate storylines(not monster of the week), character development (not power development), and that feeling that what i just spent my time doing wasn't a waste of time or brain cells. (i can go get drunk and headbutt a wall if i want that feeling of wasted time and brain death)

Anyhow to go back to what i thought was happening i should probably have mentioned Raphealla's motivation. Raphealla's single driving motivation was to complete her job. Rubul even spells it out, to kill Luciella (the awakened), the correction of her mistake and her reason for living. However there is more to it. Raphealla is also still 'faithfully' suppressing her aura which was part of her job, and not regenerating as atonement. So why would she be worried about the clash between abyssals and the probability that Luciella might die?

1. Luciella may die (love, concern?)
2. Desire to kill Luciella (hate/ reason d'etre)
3. Suppressed yoma aura (faithful to role/training)

Putting it all together Raphealla wanted to kill the awakened monster (correction of the mistake) and save her sister (complete the role she was trained for in the soul link). The suppressed aura (faithfullness) was a pre-requisite of her role as the holder of the spirit in the soul link. For god knows how many years she didn't use yoki not because of an aesthetic choice, but because a)she didn't need it and b) she was unable to because she was holding Luciella's spirit. Which is why she couldn't regenerate her wounded eye.

Where this all breaks down is 'why' Raphealla herself dies. Which i think is a matter of balance. Having killed her sister she sacrifices her own yoki and emotions to rebuild the life that was taken. The merged body and consciuosness is a result. Clare however stirs up what was left. It's even mentioned by Raphealla that she is but a memory/construct. Raphealla was already dead/dying, as was Luciella. The reborn Luciella will gain life, but chances are she won't be an awakened. (Clare was able to revert Jean's body, and so on, but it still required the human consciuosness, which conveniently Raphealla had been carrying)

The Luciella is likely to be the Luciella that engaged in the soul link with her sister, the memory exactly as it was at that time, a young and idealistic claymore. (perhaps with elements of degradation due to Raphealla's having held the spirit for so long). But between the moment that Raphealla engaged in the soul link and the moment she died 'killing/saving' her sister, Raphealla built up a lifetime of experience and memories, that she can't share with her sister, if she was to be restored as she remembers her. That great outporing of yoki is also the power Raphealla acquired over all those years... (remember the comment in the dream about you've had seven years?). It is basically the Raphealla that Clare encountered. No wonder it's all that Raphealla has, because it is all that can not be shared with Luciella, the knowledge/memories of what happened in the intervening years.

What i foresee happening is a bewildered Luciella will be rather upset to find herself alone with Clare and then Riful will return. The Alicia and Beth bit was shown this chapter to emphasise the distance between them and the other parties involved. Chances are she'll be arriving just in time to find what's left of Riful.

Edit:

As for the conspicuous absence of Tabitha and Galatea, i'd say that in itself is a plot element, they surely can't still both be in Rabona. It could indicate the story is gonna start from someone else's pov next chapter. Leaving us all to wonder just what is going on...
__________________
Everything i've said up to now is speculation... remember that.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)

Last edited by Sleepy Speculator; 2009-06-08 at 09:14. Reason: i felt like it
Sleepy Speculator is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 09:24   Link #917
Arturro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cracow
Age: 36
@Sleepy - yours theory is interesting, I agree Rafaela didn't use yoki because of reasons you mentioned. But I think her goal was a slighty different. Claymore warriors have a ritual of black cards. Most important duty of a warrior is to slain a comrade, before she awaken. Raphaela failure was disastrous, she allowed her sister to awake. IMHO her goal was to revert Luciella to human for long enought to slain her as a human. Raphaela engraved on Clare her love to Luciella so Clare will kill her as a fellow warrior, not a monster.
__________________
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Arturro is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 09:40   Link #918
Ryuken
Claymore #01
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Maldives
They were siblings, and after all the toll of seeing her sister awaken right in front of her would have been immense on the part of Rafa. I really feel for her.
Ryuken is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 10:11   Link #919
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
I don't trust Rafaela, there are to many inconsistesies.

1) She told Clare that she could die if she takes to much damage. Clare supposedly got her head cut of, but she came back. Rafaela got her head cut off but she did not come back for round three.
Edit: Renee got shattered in Raphaela's mind but she did not die. Something is missing or it just does not add up.

2) Rafaela tells Clare that she is making a big mistake, but shows no concern about her body that is about to awaken.

3) She used the exact words that Clare used when she half awaken, "not enough, not nearly enough". These words were directed at Clare. This shows that Rafaela knows that Clare is capable of much more that wind-cutter. It was as if she was trying to get Clare to release her yoki. She also smiled after she was defeated (This is the first time Rafaela has ever smiled).
Why will Yagi reuse these words again?

4) she said it was Clare that intruded, but Clare was clearly out of control during that time. She blamed Clare, but in the end she gave Clare something that Clare needed, how convenient.

There are good explanations for all these inconsistenses, but I'm just a bit suspicious of Rafaela. Rafaela had only one goal, and that was to save or kill her sister, her helping Clare might have someting to do with her goal.
__________________
Miria is alive
Awakened is offline  
Old 2009-06-08, 10:33   Link #920
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I don't trust Rafaela, there are to many inconsistesies.

1) She told Clare that she could die if she takes to much damage. Clare supposedly got her head cut of, but she came back. Rafaela got her head cut off but she did not come back for round three.
Edit: Renee got shattered in Raphaela's mind but she did not die. Something is missing or it just does not add up.

2) Rafaela tells Clare that she is making a big mistake, but shows no concern about her body that is about to awaken.

3) She used the exact words that Clare used when she half awaken, "not enough, not nearly enough". These words were directed at Clare. This shows that Rafaela knows that Clare is capable of much more that wind-cutter. It was as if she was trying to get Clare to release her yoki. She also smiled after she was defeated (This is the first time Rafaela has ever smiled).
Why will Yagi reuse these words again?

4) she said it was Clare that intruded, but Clare was clearly out of control during that time. She blamed Clare, but in the end she gave Clare something that Clare needed, how convenient.

There are good explanations for all these inconsistenses, but I'm just a bit suspicious of Rafaela. Rafaela had only one goal, and that was to save or kill her sister, her helping Clare might have someting to do with her goal.
God observations. Not enought not nearly enough were her words against rigardo. Interesting would be if it is the same in japanese. It could be that the raffaella knew about clare because it was clare who reconstructed her. I trust raffaella at least i think deep in her heart she is a good person. For example she was concerned about little teresa
I am still not sure who really intruded rafs mind. Perhaps it was neither clare nor rafs control who brought clare to raffaella.
But perhaps helping clare has something do about how similar personalities clare and raf are, like rubel said. Perhaps she don't wanted all her experiences go to waste and her life totally be invane. That is what i think about it.
__________________
irvinethearcher is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.