AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 08:05   Link #21
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I know what haki means.

In fact, I'm from Hong Kong, although really that has nothing to do with whether or not I 'understand' haki. In cantonese, its pronounced 'hey gong', in mando its 'qi kong'. Anyway, yeah I know what it is, and its not something commonly found wtihin the OP world.

Notice how msot of the people on WB's ship did not know what hit them when Shanks stepped on board? This shows that even the crew of the world's strong pirate knows very little about haki and its effects. In fact, the only people we've seen utilise haki has been the people of Roger's crew and the people on Amazon Lily. I won't be surprised if it was the Amazons who taught Roger (and his crew). Everyone 'has' haki, if you want to put it that way, but not everyone has 'enough' so that it has any noticeable effects. Most people (and when I say most I mean 99.99% of the OP population) don't. In fact, I doubt most of the people on Amazon Lily could use haki at all. They might be able to imbue weapons with it, but thats probably it. I bet the people who are able to 'use' haki are brought onto Hancock's ship (and as we cacn see thats only a small proportion of the Amazon population). My point is that most people don't know about haki in the OP land. And an even smaller proportion of people can use it to any effect.
Old 2009-06-10, 08:25   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I know what haki means.

In fact, I'm from Hong Kong, although really that has nothing to do with whether or not I 'understand' haki. In cantonese, its pronounced 'hey gong', in mando its 'qi kong'. Anyway, yeah I know what it is, and its not something commonly found wtihin the OP world.

Notice how msot of the people on WB's ship did not know what hit them when Shanks stepped on board? This shows that even the crew of the world's strong pirate knows very little about haki and its effects. In fact, the only people we've seen utilise haki has been the people of Roger's crew and the people on Amazon Lily. I won't be surprised if it was the Amazons who taught Roger (and his crew). Everyone 'has' haki, if you want to put it that way, but not everyone has 'enough' so that it has any noticeable effects. Most people (and when I say most I mean 99.99% of the OP population) don't. In fact, I doubt most of the people on Amazon Lily could use haki at all. They might be able to imbue weapons with it, but thats probably it. I bet the people who are able to 'use' haki are brought onto Hancock's ship (and as we cacn see thats only a small proportion of the Amazon population). My point is that most people don't know about haki in the OP land. And an even smaller proportion of people can use it to any effect.
That's even more amazing, you totally miss the kanji and meaning of Haki.

Haki is 覇気, ba qi. You should read up 風雲 or Feng Yun to know more about 覇気.

Haki is not Qi Gong, its two different things though with a common origin. You can practice Qi Gong, in Japanese, its the practice of Ki, but its not Haki. If you understand Chinese, you should know what the word '覇' means. It is a will to dominate over others. Haki is that will, and a manifestation into a force.

Everyone can have that will, but its up to their character and personality for them to have that state of mind to want to dominate over others. A weak minded person is unlikely to have that will, but if he's forced into a corner and has the will to break out of it, he may be serious enough to muster that will.

In Amazon Lily, they've established a society where strength is beauty, everyone wants to become stronger than each other. When they want to become stronger, they want to dominate over others, they practically live with a state of mind that promotes Haki. And their ruler, Hancock, has the strongest Haki, the King Haki, which they all look up to. Her Haki is so strong, she's is literally the most beautiful amongst them.

They love her beauty so much, that they are drawn towards her. This is how Haki words as charisma. People with extremely strong Haki brings out a confidence and charisma that would attract people towards them, but this confidence and strength is a force that the enemies will fear. The same attraction that draws people towards a person with strong Haki, is the same force that repels those who against them.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 10:06   Link #23
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I can't read Japanese.

I can understand a few of their Chinese characters (kanji) but I'm not 100% fluent in Chinese either.

What I'm trying to say is that I understand the concept..