AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 15:06   Link #41
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
they need mo ahnold, at least he doesn't flip out like christian bale
Well, at least Christian Bale is probably better than Nick Stahl. God, Stahl was awful as John Connor. I mean, though his voice got a bit screechy at times, I even thought Edward Furlong was better as John Connor than Stahl.

And, well, I think Schwarzeneggar is getting a bit old for action movies. No offense, but I thought so in T3 as well. While I'm not sure about Roland Kickinger as the T-800, I'll give him a chance. And though I hate to bring it up, Schwarzeneggar is the governor of California. I don't think he has time for a full acting career anyway.

I think Sam Worthingtion as Marcus Wright looks great, if the trailers are anything to go by. I mean, a terminator (or in more general terms, a machine) that thinks it's human? Awesome. Brings up the interesting concept of "what is human?".

In any case, looks like they're going to show us the gritty post-apocalyptic world that I've wanted to see ever since we saw snippits of the dark future in the first two movies.

In addition, looks like Skynet's tactics have changed once again. I think it's interesting, seeing as every movie Skynet has done different to take down the human resistence. This time it looks pretty serious, and even more devious than before.

The more I look up about the movie, the more I like about it. I think this is the real deal... and if nothing else, it looks a lot better than Terminator 3. It will be the first Terminator movie without Arnold, but I'll still give it a chance.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:16   Link #42
Nosauz

I never saw 3, it looked bad and i think there was a bunch of other good movies coming out at the time so my love for ahnold stems from 1 and 2, and probably eraser, my favorite ahnold movie. he was a staple in my young cinema life, like john claud van damm, true lies? I mean as a kid I loved those movies. Yes I know hes the govinator but it would be so awesome for him to do a cameo of some sort.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:18   Link #43
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I never saw 3, it looked bad and i think there was a bunch of other good movies coming out at the time so my love for ahnold stems from 1 and 2, and probably eraser, my favorite ahnold movie. he was a staple in my young cinema life, like john claud van damm, true lies? I mean as a kid I loved those movies. Yes I know hes the govinator but it would be so awesome for him to do a cameo of some sort.
It's probably a good thing you never saw 3. I think it was a waste. A terrible, terrible waste.

Yeah, a cameo would be cool. But we can't have everything I guess.
Old 2009-05-24, 05:59   Link #44
Tiberium Wolf

T3 was better than this T4... oh crap... this T4 everything is wrong. Only good thing that came out of it was the audio when Bale flipped out. Weak movie.
Old 2009-05-24, 11:13   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A review from PvP+Penny_Arcade:
http://www.pvponline.com/2009/05/19/fight-the-future/
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 11:42   Link #46
ShinkuChou
The Crimson ButterFly

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinkuChou
I want to go see this movie pretty bad myself ive watched all the terminators movies since they came out judgement day being my personal favortie. Rise of the machines was cool in actions but i didn't care to mcuh for it all though the part where anrold went crazy in 3 was pretty sweet.

Yes i know my spelling is horrbile sorry for the hoorbile typos.
Old 2009-05-27, 01:03   Link #47
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

To ratings everyone loves
T1 > T2 > T3 > T4

Its spoiler free, Don't worry

The movie just wasn't that good and it was easy to spot the problem. The fact they turned Connor from a cameo type role, to a dual role with Marcus. The flipping just hurt the picture over all. And of course the Bale-Man voice makes it in their a few times

The Good
-The Actions scenes were pretty well done, no shaky camera or anything. CG looked pretty solid too
-Sam was a solid choice also, Same with the actor who plays another certain character

The Bad
-Story...There is nothing new here
-Did I mention Story?
-Yes Story, it wasn't there
-Bale, Its Bale doing serious. Not very good

The Ugly
-The first scene...
-The ending...
Old 2009-05-27, 01:42   Link #48
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
The movie just wasn't that good and it was easy to spot the problem. The fact they turned Connor from a cameo type role, to a dual role with Marcus. The flipping just hurt the picture over all. And of course the Bale-Man voice makes it in their a few times
The film was designed this way because this is supposed to be the first film of a Terminator trilogy. Marcus Wright then becomes the means by which the future can be taken in different directions than the first 3 films laid out (this altered future was originally hinted at in T3: Rise of the Machines) - For instance, the San Francisco Skynet base wasn't destroyed until the end of the war in the first trilogy, but now it is destroyed at the beginning of the new series. Whether or not a sequel is actually made seems a little unlikely considering the low initial box office, and with a new Pixar film coming out this week, the future seems a little bleak for a Terminator trilogy...

That being said, Sam Worthington (as Marcus Wright) and Anton Yelchin (as a young Kyle Reese) were both very good. While everyone else appeared fairly one-dimensional (which is a shame considering that there is so much McG could have done with John Conner, especially with a good actor like Bale behind the role...even more reason for a sequel ), these two actors not only managed to breathe life into their fairly simplistic characters, but they were both able to make the resistance seem all the more human (something Bale and his group of soldiers had a problem with). Special attention needs to be given to Yelchin's superb channeling of Michael Biehn and his performance of Kyle Reese. Yelchin managed to almost perfectly slip right into Biehen's performance, while at the same time recreating the character just enough to truly make him Yelchin's. As for Sam Worthington, let's just say that after watching his Marcus Wright I am even more interested in seeing his next film: Avatar.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 12:02   Link #49
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
LOL, is it really that bad?

Allow me to be the "immature teenage Luddite" here and say that I kind of enjoyed it.

I agree that Christian Bale's talents should probably be put to better use, and that Sam Worthington, despite not knowing him before, really impressed me.

Also, couldn't resist a smile when I saw
Spoiler for Cameo by someone:

Guess my tolerance level for stuff like these is pretty high.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 20:57   Link #50
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Spoiler for Minor spoiler in the movie but nothing really to do with the plot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Pesonally that comic is right on the money, they really didnt advance the plot for me, so the story came out lacking and it really was all about the action. But it seriously wasn't that bad. I enjoyed this latest Terminator movie for pretty much the same reason I enjoyed the Transformers movie. Only difference being that the latter of the 2 movies I wasn't expecting a good plot for. Can't really say the same for the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Special attention needs to be given to Yelchin's superb channeling of Michael Biehn and his performance of Kyle Reese. Yelchin managed to almost perfectly slip right into Biehen's performance, while at the same time recreating the character just enough to truly make him Yelchin's. As for Sam Worthington, let's just say that after watching his Marcus Wright I am even more interested in seeing his next film: Avatar.
Yelchin does deserve it here I agree, but I just cant put past the fact that one of his first lines in that role was quoting a past Terminator movie (and imo he did a bad job at it). That part stuck out the most for the wrong reason next to "skipping stone" Marcus (LOL CGI).
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 03:32   Link #51
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I watched this movie on the internet. It was pirated. It was a cam release with such horrible sound I turned it off.

This movie is so bad that not only did I guess the plot as I go along, but I finished with a complete understanding of what happened.

How is this possible with horrible picture and no sound? Because there's no important dialogue and no real character development.

If you Youtube the 4 minute trailer, not only have you seen all the good scenes, but you already know the story.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 07:32   Link #52
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I've finished the novelisation of the movie nearly a month before the movie is released and I don't think it was bad at all. (I even had a ticket for a evening showing on hand.)

Lest anyone forget, T1 was technically a B-Grade film saved by a combination of good actings and perfect castings (Bad as an actor the Governator was, but he was natural as a machine.)

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-05-30 at 11:18.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:03   Link #53
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Somehow, I find that Marcus Wright is more much interesting to watch than John Connor
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 10:20   Link #54
KimmyChan

I can't believe that they're releasing a 4th Terminator movie

I thought that the first 2 were more than enough, and as for the 3rd, well....*Blows a raspberry*

The only reason I would watch this (and only as an extreme last resort) would be for Christian Bale
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:26   Link #55
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw the movie and I have to agree on some of the post whenever Bale did a groggy voice it reminded me of Batman Dark Knight. And it'll be a REAL challenge for someone who played American Psycho to be taken seriously. Well Iam a Batman fan so I'd be bias about it when it comes to Batman movies except director Joel's Shoemockers.

I think only hardcore Terminator fans would like or might not like the story on this one. If you look at the story in canon with the other movies, it's pretty good, though the only BAD thing here is that there was no hint how Kyle Reese, John Conor's father time traveled back
in time. Which I was hoping for in this movie.

Yes SKYNET is a global network only Robocop was the one that was able to destroy it. Remember the old Terminator VS Robocop comic? If they ever make a movie like that it'll be to predictable.

As for the 2 heroes storyline, look what it did to Metal Gear Solid2 Sons of Liberty. Snake and Raiden. Just think that in this movie.

Spoiler for a Terminator movie can never be Termonator without:
Old 2009-06-10, 17:08   Link #56
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

just watched it and the movie was bad. way too much action and all of it was soooooo predictable it was painfull. the CGI was good but, there was just too much stuff being blown up. they should have tried to focus on the characters insted of just blowing s*** up.

not a big fan of McG(as much as Michael Bay whom i loth with every part of my being), some of the scenes could have used less movement. and TBH he couln't have done much after being handed that script. it was just filled with too much predictability. though sometimes "Less is More"
Old 2009-06-10, 23:37   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Maybe they didn't took the time travel device route since that would be too predictable. But either way the storyline is pretty much predictable.

Spoiler for Bale: