AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-18, 18:45   Link #1
Unidentified

A good comedy recommendation

I'm looking for a new series to watch, I'm watching enough of other genres aside from Romance wich I don't like. I like a good blend of action and comedy.

I watched the first episode of Midori no hibi and I thought it was what I was looking for, despite the fact that I already read about a volume of the manga I thought the action might sitll pick up like it was in the first episode with the fight scenes. But I hreard it just get''s more into a romance so that's a no go. A series like Fummofu would be perfect all the way to Cromartie.

So does anyone know of any good comedy series(anime or manga), with maybe a little action?

EDIT: Something Unliscensed would be great.
Old 2004-06-19, 00:22   Link #2
bunnykun
What is, what is?

i would suggest to give

Jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu- its a bit kiddy but its really funny i like it a lot, tho there isnt any action =P

Kenran Butou Sai- mech action and a bit of comedy
Old 2004-06-19, 02:28   Link #3
SilverMonkey
A monkey made of silver..

Send a message via AIM to SilverMonkey Send a message via MSN to SilverMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to SilverMonkey
How can you not like Midori no Hibi! That is way funnier than Fumoffu! Try watching a few more episodes and you might learn to like it...

By the way...anyone know of a series similar to Midori no Hibi? I love the comedy and story and am looking for something similar...not too much of the touchy feely stuff though
Old 2004-06-19, 02:31   Link #4
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Magical shopping arcade abenobashi Go out and buy it its one of the best comedys i've seen, wait scratch that. The best.

Excel saga If your a fan of comedy you must see this. Menchi for dinner.
Old 2004-06-19, 03:09   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Magical shopping arcade abenobashi and Excel saga are both more like some crazy parody than simple comedy. They are a lot more fun to watch if you are familiar with animes and movies and tv-drama and stuff...

Jubei-chan 2 is some good comedy/parody too, and of course there's Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Old 2004-06-21, 01:14   Link #6
Animal4890

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMonkey
By the way...anyone know of a series similar to Midori no Hibi? I love the comedy and story and am looking for something similar...not too much of the touchy feely stuff though
mb try Tenshi na Konamaiki.

As for a new action/comedy I've no idea. Just rewatch Trigun.
Old 2004-06-21, 09:56   Link #7
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Magical shopping arcade abenobashi and Excel saga are both more like some crazy parody than simple comedy. They are a lot more fun to watch if you are familiar with animes and movies and tv-drama and stuff...

Jubei-chan 2 is some good comedy/parody too, and of course there's Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
I agree with these recommendations, but also want to add that Puni Puni Poemy is a good addition to the Excel wackyness....

As for Jubei-Chan 2, I'd highly suggest watching the first one before getting into the 2nd, things would be a lot less confusing

As for Fumoffu, it's easilly possible to watch either the original first or Fumoffu without it doing much. Character development more in the original FMP, but Fumoffu does a good job at that on it's own two feet.
Old 2004-06-21, 10:07   Link #8
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMonkey
How can you not like Midori no Hibi! That is way funnier than Fumoffu! Try watching a few more episodes and you might learn to like it...

You are crazy! Fumoffu is waaayy more funny than Midori no Hibi. Fumoffu is full of satire and creative dialogue. A lot of the jokes in Midori are visual and after the novelty of the girl on the hand is over, it imo just becomes an above average romance anime.
Old 2004-06-24, 01:56   Link #9
Unidentified

I already watched Fummofu, back before it was liscensed. I'm probably just going to Watch Sexy Commando Gaiden, any one watch this?

I agree that Fummofu is funnier than Midori No Hibi. Though I didn't give the anime a chance really cause it focus too much on other things, but the manga was funny but not nearly as funny as fummofu.

I also took at a look at that Jungle show, I definitely recommend it if someone wants a bit senseless comedy.
Closed Thread