AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Free access to paternity test?
I think men should have a free access to it. 18 78.26%
I think it's good to not allow it to individuals without a legal proceedings 4 17.39%
I have another opinion (please post your thoughts if you can) 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-06-13, 07:56   Link #21
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Again i see you guys bringing up the argument that it hurts the kid who is in his teens to find out that his father isn't his real father...
No. If you wait even longer before you tell him, or before he finds out, that'll lead to even more destruction. Think of all the years of deceit. He'll be thinking about how all those years his mother was just that whore, and perhaps she is not the person she thinks she's supposed to be. I think if a child is to know, he/she is to know early on in life.
Thats right but why should the child think of her as a whore? Is there some sort of reasoning without knowing the details? I mean there is a difference between an explanation and a justification of such an act, but that doesn't mean the child's mother is a whore suddenly.
You ultimately declare the act unforgiveable when you think of her as a whore. (Just because she could be one, doesn't mean she is one. And if she is one, the child would certainly figure this out earlier)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Of course it depends on the type of kid...you've got the more mature ones who come to accept things as they should be...and the many other types.

Ultimately though...like i said earlier, guys should be given right to do the check up. It just works for everyone in the long run.
I think so too, but only with psychological guidance/counselling in the process.

If your wife/girl friend has to lie to you in that matter, you have to ask yourself the question if it is in part your fault or just your poor knowledge of human nature of a person. Either way such a relationship works better based on lies than on truth then.
I wouldn't want such a relationship, but I don't feel sorry for parents in such a relationship (neither of them) but the child.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 08:09   Link #22
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

As you can see, it shows a lot of things. Now a marvelous wife is somebody who willingly accept that her husband is unfaithful. And what about the ones who don't accept that? I would have know what those journalists thought, but no one raised the quetsion. I guess I would be seen as a worst wife ever since I would kick my husband and divorce if he ever cheats on me.
What you said though is quite common internationally as well. Society are still biased towards men than women when it comes to cheating. While it's acceptable for women to divorce their men on the ground of unfaithfulness and vice versa, but society are more accomodating towards men (perhaps it's more common for men to have extra marital affair than women).

Even divorced men received less bias from society than divorced women (i know this varies a lot depending where u live)
Old 2009-06-13, 08:46   Link #23
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

Should have free access, it'd be pointless to forbid those tests. The test is so easy to do already, soon you can buy a paternity test kit with mail order. If you can't already. If someone really wants to know, they will know...it's not possible to hide that information.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 21:22   Link #24
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Send a message via Skype™ to Throne Invader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Either way such a relationship works better based on lies than on truth then.
I strongly disagree with this statement. A lot of relationships can't survive if it's foundation was a fake. I go with telling the child and letting the father know the truth in cases of problems. It's a risk but it's the right thing to do in my opinion. But things may turn out better if both of them know the truth. The trust may be strengthened but I guess the mom shouldn't tell anymore lies.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote