AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-24, 08:21   Link #1
pontupo
Mad Yoda Steez

Send a message via AIM to pontupo
Unhappy Airmaster ep 14 won't playback?

Hey all. I have been having a lot of trouble with Airmaster ep 14. I have downloaded the HQA & N! ep a number of times now and from different packages too (I haven't found it available alone). None of the the other eps in the packages have a problem, only that one. I use VLC for OS X and for Windows 2000/XP and it simply won't playback. With the OS X VLC I get a couple of error messages that look like this:

avi: avi module discarded (invalid file)
mpeg_system: unable to determine stream type

The Windows version just doesn't do anything (i.e. opens then closes the file). Tried using Media Player, but with WMP I just get the same old "error downloading codec" crap and then just audio (I think I get audio. I have been testing at work with no speakers ). Has anyone else had this problem or have a potential solution? I suppose I can just entertain myself with my other shows for now, but I mean, COME ON. It was right at a climax!! T_T

"Casualties? It sounds so 'casual.' "
- Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

It don't get much better than that....

Ironically, "casualties" does sound a bit casual don't it?
Old 2004-06-24, 08:55   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontupo
Hey all. I have been having a lot of trouble with Airmaster ep 14. I have downloaded the HQA & N! ep a number of times now and from different packages too (I haven't found it available alone). None of the the other eps in the packages have a problem, only that one. I use VLC for OS X and for Windows 2000/XP and it simply won't playback. With the OS X VLC I get a couple of error messages that look like this:

avi: avi module discarded (invalid file)
mpeg_system: unable to determine stream type

The Windows version just doesn't do anything (i.e. opens then closes the file). Tried using Media Player, but with WMP I just get the same old "error downloading codec" crap and then just audio (I think I get audio. I have been testing at work with no speakers ). Has anyone else had this problem or have a potential solution? I suppose I can just entertain myself with my other shows for now, but I mean, COME ON. It was right at a climax!! T_T
Try this:

Uninstall all of your codecs, install ffdshow-alpha which you can get from here.([Level 1]) Playback with WMP.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Old 2004-06-24, 09:19   Link #3
pontupo
Mad Yoda Steez

Send a message via AIM to pontupo
Hey that worked! Thanks a lot! BTW, what is different about this file that prevents VLC from playing it. The only files that I have been unable to play with VLC are this one, corrupt files and RealMedia files. Have I just never run across a file like this one before? What kind of file is it?

"Casualties? It sounds so 'casual.' "
- Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

It don't get much better than that....

Ironically, "casualties" does sound a bit casual don't it?
Old 2004-06-24, 11:10   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontupo
Hey that worked! Thanks a lot! BTW, what is different about this file that prevents VLC from playing it. The only files that I have been unable to play with VLC are this one, corrupt files and RealMedia files. Have I just never run across a file like this one before? What kind of file is it?
My bet is that Airmaster episode 14 was encoded with a different codec (sometimes it is already sufficient if the version of the codec is different) than the other episodes - that's why you could playback all but #14.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Closed Thread