AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 23.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 20.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-14, 01:01   Link #41
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
this is actually quite a boring show.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 01:27   Link #42
Runty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
this is actually quite a boring show.
Total trolling...
Runty is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 01:40   Link #43
kyosak
poo
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Age: 24
Personally, I like the show a lot so far. I've never played the game, and I think it's much more interesting than some other shows from this season (like K-On!). I pray that the current groups working on VC won't be dropping it like Ayako did... Also, Alicia was very cute in this episode!
kyosak is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 02:36   Link #44
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Total trolling...
Why?

It is quite a boring show. The plot jumps around a lot, without a single focus. Even the characters have no focus; their personalities are inconsistent. The battles are unrealistic, and I don't even know whether or not the main plots started yet.

And no I don't find Alicia cute. Shes an annoying character who can't do shit. Neither can welkin. Their 'strategies' in battles are laughably ridiculous, the action is dull, the humor is lame. Can't find a single positive point about this anime. Sorry.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 03:23   Link #45
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why?

It is quite a boring show. The plot jumps around a lot, without a single focus. Even the characters have no focus; their personalities are inconsistent. The battles are unrealistic, and I don't even know whether or not the main plots started yet.

And no I don't find Alicia cute. Shes an annoying character who can't do shit. Neither can welkin. Their 'strategies' in battles are laughably ridiculous, the action is dull, the humor is lame. Can't find a single positive point about this anime. Sorry.
Then I guess we can wish you luck finding other shows to watch and comment on. Since this one is obviously a waste of time to you.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 04:41   Link #46
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
You don't agree?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 04:43   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
You don't agree?
Justinstrife doesn't, and neither do i.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 04:59   Link #48
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Me neither, too.

If you see this episode as failed, then you have not understand the deeper message between the lines.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 05:09   Link #49
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Justinstrife doesn't, and neither do i.
Why not?

And I'm not just talking about this episode, I'm talking about the series as a whole.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 05:16   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why not?

And I'm not just talking about this episode, I'm talking about the series as a whole.
Can't you just accept that we all have different opinions on the show? I personally don't agree with anything you said regarding the series, and that's my opinion. As said, you should go find a show you will like, and stop posting here regarding the matter.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 06:41   Link #51
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Can't you just accept that we all have different opinions on the show? I personally don't agree with anything you said regarding the series, and that's my opinion. As said, you should go find a show you will like, and stop posting here regarding the matter.
Do specify.

Or do you really have nothing to say about this and you're just unwilling to admit I'm right? :P
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 06:54   Link #52
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Do specify.

Or do you really have nothing to say about this and you're just unwilling to admit I'm right? :P
Everyone have their own opinion. there is absolutely no mandatory responsibility/duty to explain anything related to one's liking or not.
You raised your points, and then? That's that. Whether you feel the show is boring or not, it is up to you. But don't start flagging your opinion as if it was a fact, or you will be asked to just not post.

I certainly recommend you not to push your luck, because the fine line of "baiting" is too close for comfort in your last comment.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2009-06-14, 06:55   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Or do you really have nothing to say about this and you're just unwilling to admit I'm right? :P
Very childish. I don't see why i should state what i like about the show when you're just obviously don't going to accept my opinion and go back to your original statement. Either way this is not the thread for this talk, and i'd rather these posts just get deleted.

Edit: Klashikari beat me to it.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 08:31   Link #54
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Either way this is not the thread for this talk, and i'd rather these posts just get deleted.
I don't think its childish.

You have nothing to back up your statement. I'm curious as to what you disagree with, is that so wrong?

If this isn't the thread for it, then which thread do you think would be suitable?

No need to get hostile, Moderator-san. Just because we disagree doesn't mean you have to get personal right?? Or are you unable to take anyone criticising your favourite anime? Cos now that would be childish
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 08:38   Link #55
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
No need to get hostile, Moderator-san. Just because we disagree doesn't mean you have to get personal right?? Or are you unable to take anyone criticising your favourite anime? Cos now that would be childish
I think you are misunderstanding even more than before. First, like i said, you can't start explaining with "facts" over opinions and liking. Trying to pull fact on something like "I like strawberries more than cherries" for example, is pretty much void. Does one has to explain why they like a show? I really doubt it is anyone's plight to do so.
Furthermore, allow me to be blunt but your provokation is baseless: the fact I intervened here was no way to prove a point or defend anyone: you are asking for things that aren't the burden of proof/responsibility to anyone (and to begin with, no one ever saw me commenting VC to begin with, so your point assuming I like this show is even more ridiculous).

And the fact you are provoking people with comment like "so that means you cannot back up your statement heh?" is what I consider an attempt to make people going personal on purpose.
People can give points that make them dislike or like a show, but forcing someone to prove a show is "not enjoyable" or "enjoyable" within the scope of their own terms is basically useless and terribly misplaced.
Criticism was never frowned upon, the problem here is that you are asking for a debate over opinions instead of facts. And even the subjective take on facts can be factored here. Therefore, like I said from the very beginning, it is completely baseless to appose one's opinion on someone else, taking the other's opinion as a "statement" instead of an opinion.

this off topic ends here. Any further comment regarding this point will be deleted.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2009-06-14, 09:02   Link #56
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
I don't now why she is so popular....she even got a dlc....
l prefer Jane,marina, lynn, ramona, claudia, marina and catherine over her....
Mostly Jane though.
You just mentioned Marina twice
high 5, brother!

Myself also disappointed that Jane isn't able to feature in the anime. Her volatile nature could add a lot in this nice& easy-going squad. Didn't play the game but fell in love with her personality in just 1~2 pages of action in the manga.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 09:06   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Myself also disappointed that Jane isn't able to feature in the anime. Her volatile nature could add a lot in this nice& easy-going squad. Didn't play the game but fell in love with her personality in just 1~2 pages of action in the manga.
I'm really not surprised they're not featuring Jane in this, i mean she's a blood craving maniac. Of course i find that hot as hell, though i can't see it playing out well with a good deal of fans. A shame really.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 12:32   Link #58
Barbobot
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Just saw the sub of Gleam... what bothers me both is that they translated into Mikhail Weber... . *shrugs* If they had listened carefully you can hear Michael Weber :/
Gleam seems to be correct. He says it like Mikhail instead of Michael. Mikhail is just the russian counterpart to Michael anway and considering that the Empire takes up the area of Eastern Europe and where Russia would be it makes sense.
Barbobot is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 13:13   Link #59
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbobot View Post
Gleam seems to be correct. He says it like Mikhail instead of Michael. Mikhail is just the russian counterpart to Michael anway and considering that the Empire takes up the area of Eastern Europe and where Russia would be it makes sense.
Hm... I agree with Father Hentai here, the way they pronounced the name sounded more like the german version of 'Michael', with the soft 'ch' and all.

And a question for owners of the game:
The music piece they played at the Alicia x Welkin scene. Is this melody also featured in the game or is it an anime original?
__________________
Kyral is offline  
Old 2009-06-14, 13:16   Link #60
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
One golden rule in Japanese: don't ever rely too much on how they pronounce foreign words/names, because they can turn into things you would HARDLY imagine with the actual spelling VS the romaji...
Klashikari is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.