AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-14, 23:25   Link #61
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post

Because he's actually interested in Kallen. Milly, not so much.

It doesn't have much further to go, what with the "doesn't think of her as a lover" line that popped up.

But they do have logic that validates them as pairings, while Milly x Lelouch doesn't have much if anything.
Lelouch was never aware of Milly's feelings for him. One of the show's producers had mentioned that a Milly x Lelouch relationship would be difficult because Milly was under her family's obligation to marry a Noble in order to restore her family's Noble status. This was the only thing that made her afraid to reveal her feelings to Lelouch. And Lelouch was the exiled Prince of Britannia. Thus, this was a very complicated situation for Milly.

The only way that a relationship between Milly x Lelouch would have worked was for Milly to take charge with her life by breaking away from the influence of her family, who wanted to use her as a social/political tool to regain their Noble status. And we don't know why the Ashford's lost their Noble status in the first place after Marianne's death. So this possible story has a lot of crediblity to it, just as Kallen's Britannian backgound that links her to her father, since his family is one of the highest ranking Noble families of Britannia. This was a story that was never told in the second season.

As for Kallen, the kiss that she initiated was to reveal her feelings for Lelouch. That was the basis to know if there was something there between them. That is not to say that it would not have happened between Milly x Lelouch. The producers never said that Lelouch wasn't interested in Milly Ashford as a potential love interest. Only that her situation at the time would have made it difficult for a relationship to develop because he was a loner and she is an extravert who is very outgoing. But considering that Nina was an introvert, Milly considers her as her best friend.

I still believe that a Milly x Kallen x Lelouch relationship could work, as far that their story goes, if there was time for it. Like Kallen, Milly would have had to revealed her feelings to Lelouch by giving him a passionate kiss. That would have been the only way for the fans to know if Lelouch had any romantic feelings for Milly or not.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 23:35   Link #62
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Lelouch was never aware of Milly's feelings for him. One of the show's producers had mentioned that a Milly x Lelouch relationship would be difficult because Milly was under her family's obligation to marry a Noble in order to restore her family's Noble status. This was the only thing that made her afraid to reveal her feelings to Lelouch. And Lelouch was the exiled Prince of Britannia. Thus, this was a very complicated situation for Milly.

The only way that a relationship between Milly x Lelouch would have worked was for Milly to take charge with her life by breaking away from the influence of her family, who wanted to use her as a social/political tool to regain their Noble status. And we don't know why the Ashford's lost their Noble status in the first place after Marianne's death. So this possible story has a lot of crediblity to it, just as Kallen's Britannia backgound that links her to her father, since his family is one of the high ranking Noble families of Britannia. This was a story that was never told in the second season.
This doesn't change the fact that he wasn't interested. In any case, you seem to have your facts mixed up here.

We know exactly why the Ashfords lost their noble status: Marianne's death. She was the only thing granting them that status. Her death caused their company to collapse and that cost them their status. It's made quite clear.

Conversely, Kallen is never said to be the daughter of a noble. She's said to be the daughter of a wealthy man, which might imply it but does not assure it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
As for Kallen, the kiss that she initiated was to reveal her feelings for Lelouch. That was the basis to know if there was something there between them. That is not to say that it would not have happened between Milly x Lelouch. The producers never said that Lelouch never saw Milly Ashford as a potential love interest. Only that her situation at the time would have made it difficult for a relationship to develop because he was a loner and she is an extravert who is very outgoing. But considering that Nina was an introvert, Milly considers her as her best friend.
Nothing did. That's the point. Milly conceded because Lelouch wasn't interested. Milly considers Nina a best friend because their families worked together and thus they've known each other since they were children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I still believe that a Milly x Kallen x Lelouch relationship could work, as far that their story goes, if there was time for it. Like Kallen, Milly would have had to reveal her feelings to Lelouch by giving him a passionate kiss. That would have been the only way for the fans to know if Lelouch had any romantic feelings for Milly or not.
But there is no "they." There's Kallen and Lelouch, leading double lives (both at first, then just one of them), while Milly's at Ashford with little clue as to who Lelouch really is. Also, Milly could have revealed her feelings with out a passionate kiss. Kallen kissed Lelouch because the man wouldn't budge on the stoic act and she was trying to get through to him. Milly would just have to say something.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 23:52   Link #63
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
@Nobody: I see where your coming from. However, I'm not really an Shirlulu fan and I have my own take on the pair regarding their scenes. So I won't be joining your group sadly.
I'm sorry to hear that. Well, at least now you know what my surprise was

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
... can we have a full-out harem alliance, too? Even if not all of the pairings have an equal validity in terms of whether they're canon or not, can't we have some love for all the pairings having equal validity in terms of awesomeness? 8D

Though, still, yay
Hmm, well I established this group and movement mainly to bring an end to the feuding of the Kalulus and Shirlulus and establish both pairings as equally canon. Since all the other pairings are considerably less canon, I didn't include. But hey, I'm more than welcome to the idea of enjoying all the pairings simply because of how awesome they are. If you wish to create a group of your own (a harem group) I'd be more than happy to join.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 23:56   Link #64
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
This doesn't change the fact that he wasn't interested. In any case, you seem to have your facts mixed up here.

We know exactly why the Ashfords lost their noble status: Marianne's death. She was the only thing granting them that status. Her death caused their company to collapse and that cost them their status. It's made quite clear.

Conversely, Kallen is never said to be the daughter of a noble. She's said to be the daughter of a wealthy man, which might imply it but does not assure it.

Nothing did. That's the point. Milly conceded because Lelouch wasn't interested. Milly considers Nina a best friend because their families worked together and thus they've known each other since they were children.

But there is no "they." There's Kallen and Lelouch, leading double lives (both at first, then just one of them), while Milly's at Ashford with little clue as to who Lelouch really is. Also, Milly could have revealed her feelings with out a passionate kiss. Kallen kissed Lelouch because the man wouldn't budge on the stoic act and she was trying to get through to him. Milly would just have to say something.

I'll stick to my opinions while I'll let you stick to yours. AS with last year when everyone was hardpressed about C.C. x Lelouch, look where that ended up? And the same could be applied to Kallen x Lelouch as well. There was no relationship development for Lelouch in Code Geass R2 at all. The only real relationship that came out of it at the end was Orgi x Villetta and Tuddoh x Chiba. And there was very little screentime between them as well. And most people rarely ever talk about Orgi x Villetta and Tuddoh x Chiba as a romantic pair.

I will not comment on you replies anymore.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 23:59   Link #65
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I'll stick to my opinions while I'll let you stick to yours. AS with last year when everyone was hardpressed about C.C. x Lelouch, look where that ended up? And the same could be applied to Kallen x Lelouch as well. There was no relationship for Lelouch in Code Geass R2 at all. The only real relationship that came out of it at the end was Orgi x Villetta and Tuddoh x Chiba. And there was very little screentime between them.

I will not comment on you replies anymore.
Hardly sporting, you could at least try to defend your pairing with more than what-ifs. The same could be applied to Kallen x Lelouch, if it weren't for all the post-season material focusing on them. There were relationships for Lelouch in R2, they just didn't end as normal relationships would.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:04   Link #66
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
All right, here goes. Ahem...

HERE ME PEOPLE!


Friends, Kalulus, Shirlulus, lend me your ears!

I came to this forum with a dream. A dream of discussing the wonderful Code Geass anime in a civilized and respectful environment, while meeting new people and gaining new perspectives. And I’d say, for the most part, that dream has been fulfilled. However, it would be foolhardy for me to ignore the considerably deplorable behavior in which some of us, in the past, have conducted ourselves. I assure you I am not here to point fingers, name names, or lay blame for past misdeeds, but I rather I come before you today in the hopes of laying the foundation for a new era of peace and prosperity.

Now, it is my experience that a good deal of the conflict in the past had arisen from debates and arguments regarding the pairings of Lelouch. More specifically, it seems much of the heated debate had resulted from feuds between those who pair him with Kallen and those who pair him with Shirley, I myself being part of the latter group. But let’s take a minute to observe these three characters, why don’t we?


Exhibit A



Lelouch vi Britannia, A.K.A. Lelouch Lamperouge, A.K.A. Zero

The deceitful, manipulative and impassioned prince of Britannia and leader of the Black Knights.




Exhibit B



Kallen Kozuki, A.K.A. Kallen Stadtfeld

The ace pilot of the Black Knights with unrivaled ferocity and loyalty.




Exhibit C



Shirley Fenette

The poor, tortured, yet endlessly optimistic Ashford student.


They are each very important to the story and all quite fascinating in their own right, but to think that they could be the root of so much conflict and unneeded hate between two respectable groups. In the past these two groups have fought to justify their pairings, trying, perhaps, to get ahead of the other and “win” the shipping war. They both had their ups and downs, witnessing events that worked for and against their ships, but in the end no clear canon pairing came through. After which the two groups gathered whatever bits of evidence they had left and used them to argue their cases, leading to fierce debates and ugly words all in the name of deciding which pairing was “closest to canon.”

But I say to you now that that era is over. The age of petty quarrels and nonsensical squabbling is at an end. If we are to function as a community than change must be made. We can no longer live the way we used to with one side trying to dominate the other. I say to you today that, in regards to Kalulu and Shirlulu, that there was no winner! Neither side came closest to canon, but rather they were, and always will be, evenly matched.

Now do not misunderstand me, I am not here to day to tell anyone what to think, believe, or prefer. We all have our favorite ships, and we all take joy in appreciated and embracing whatever appeals to our personal preferences. However, now that the series is over and almost all major supplementary material has been released, it is high time we officially recognize the equality of these two ships. I have seen the same evidences that you all have and it is clear that the staff of Code Geass never meant for there to be a clear winner.

Therefore I hereby announce the formation of the Kalulu Shirlulu Equality Alliance! As a group we will fight for the belief that Kalulu and Shirlulu are equal in both validity and probability, and all are welcome to join. You will find a link at the end of this post.

I have delivered the stroke, now the ball is in your court my fellow shippers. I trust you will see the truth and together we will be able to bring forth a new age free of useless feuding where Kalulus and Shirlulus can stand as equals.



*that is "hear me" bakashi (Yeah first english correction ever, ahahaha I'm not the only baka student in the Asuki english class) XD*
Hey, what is that !
They say "Make war, not love"

...

But You used the Pic which I always said was speaking the truth, back in S1.
And even though that will not make me stop disagreeing with you here, a club for the two girls Lelouch loved THIS way....please me.

So, this +...some others reasons... ok, I'm in it. (I can hear the "booh" yes I can !)

For the love of Lelouch's rest, let's praise those two girls in a little area of peace.

And bleh at the harem idea. Kalulu at the same level that others random ships ? Never.

And Darth, come on, Kallen's devellopment is hers and hers alone. The change of timeslot didn't hav to change the direction of the romantic devellopment, Kalulu was already present in S1, it didn't came out of nowhere.

And Well Morbo touched a sensitive point, maybe nothing happened cause Lelouch wasn't interested. Milly is nice and anything you want but still, one can't blame Lelouch for not having the hots for every girl. He had his reasons for Shirley and Kallen, like let's say, romantic develloment, meaningful interactions ?

Lol Darthfury ? No romantic devellopment for Lelouch in R2 ? Okay so, Turn 2, 3, 5, 7, 9,...etc never existed ? There was romantic devellopment, simply not with the girl you want. The one who should be complaining are C.C./Lelouch fans, cause while there was still some devellopment (though they were really mistreated in R2, hey, payback is a bitch) the nature of this devellopment was totally unleft to personnal interpretation. They did clear that up and killed some hopes about some scene by the same way *coughTurn24cough*

For Milly, it was like 3 hints in the anime about her feelings and end of the convo. Nothing meaningful there. Even Nina got more to do with Lelouch in the end that Milly.
__________________

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:21   Link #67
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
[SIZE="1"]
And Darth, come on, Kallen's devellopment is hers and hers alone. The change of timeslot didn't hav to change the direction of the romantic devellopment, Kalulu was already present in S1, it didn't came out of nowhere.

And Well Morbo touched a sensitive point, maybe nothing happened cause Lelouch wasn't interested. Milly is nice and anything you want but still, one can't blame Lelouch for not having the hots for every girl. He had his reasons for Shirley and Kallen, like let's say, romantic develloment, meaningful interactions ?
Shirley was already dead by Turn 13. So she is not part of the discussion. This was the same situation with C.C. x Lelouch as well. If Lelouch x Kallen were in love with each other, then why did the producers had her locked up in a Britannian prison for at least 10 episodes? I would have been convinced of the outcome of a Kallen x Lelouch relationship if she was not captured for that entire time. Such a wasted development on Kallen's buildup. If the producers wanted to show a romantic development between Kallen x Lelouch, they should have allowed it by providing some strong interactions between them throughout the entire second season, rather than have her interacting with Nunnally at the Britannian holding cell.

I wanted to know more on Milly Ashford and her family. As well as her relationship towards Lelouch, which was never answered. That was the frustrating part. I stand by this.

And Lelouch didn't have the hots for every girl at school. That was Sayoko part as she took the role of Lelouch's double while he was away. She believed that Lelouch was a prevert; and played that believing that he was the lady's man when in fact he wasn't that type of person.

So I will never be entirely convinced that Lelouch was in love with Kallen, unless that it was stated by the producers that Kallen x Lelouch was meant to be together. Provide me with this proof from the producers that Lelouch saw Kallen as a love interest instead of Milly, and I'll end the Milly x Lelouch relationship once and for all.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:25   Link #68
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
*that is "hear me" bakashi (Yeah first english correction ever, ahahaha I'm not the only baka student in the Asuki english class) XD*
Unbelievable. I'm a fluent native English speaker, and now I'm being corrected by....ooh, I feel so stupid!

Quote:
Hey, what is that !
They say "Make war, not love"

...

But You used the Pic which I always said was speaking the truth, back in S1.
And even though that will not make me stop disagreeing with you here, a club for the two girls Lelouch loved THIS way....please me.

So, this +...some others reasons... ok, I'm in it. (I can hear the "booh" yes I can !)

For the love of Lelouch's rest, let's praise those two girls in a little area of peace.
So you're in then? Awesome. And yeah, that pic really does speak the truth
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:34   Link #69
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Shirley was already dead by Turn 13. So she is not part of the discussion. This was the same situation with C.C. x Lelouch as well. If Lelouch x Kallen were in love with each other, then why did the producers had her locked up in a Britannian prison for at least 10 episodes? I would have been convinced of the outcome of a Kallen x Lelouch relationship if she was not captured for that entire time. Such a wasted development on Kallen's buildup. If the producers wanted to show a romantic development between Kallen x Lelouch, they should have allowed it by providing some strong interactions between them throughout the entire second season, rather than have her interacting with Nunnally at the Britannian holding cell.
I know you don't like hearing me reply to you, but tough. You can deal with your opinions being contested.

She was locked up so she could learn more about Lelouch through Nunnally while Lelouch went off the deep end with no one to stop him. It also gave him a more immediate reason to invade Tokyo. That doesn't change the development they were given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
So I will never be entirely convinced that Lelouch was in love with Kallen, unless that it was stated by the producers that Kallen x Lelouch was meant to be together. Provide me with this proof from the producers that Lelouch saw Kallen as a love interest instead of Milly, and I'll end the Milly x Lelouch relationship once and for all.
This is fine. As soon as you start spreading obvious falsehoods like "Kallen took Milly's relationship with Lelouch," however, people are going to tell you why you're wrong. As for your question, he never once thinks of Milly in that manner, so there's your proof. For something to have a foundation someone has to break ground first, and that never happened.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 04:34   Link #70
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
As for your question, he never once thinks of Milly in that manner, so there's your proof. For something to have a foundation someone has to break ground first, and that never happened.
Actually, not even Milly showed anything, apart from Stage 12-semi-sparkle. It is a totally {mostly 99,999%at least} fanon pairing, supported by no evidences in the show {especially "mutual"} Like, at all.

eta: you guys, as much as equality would be nice and flower-ish, some things are not equal. and i think, they will never be.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 04:44   Link #71
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
true that
other then a small expression of interest in turn 12 (small when compared to sheirly for example) there is practiclly NOTHING to suggest a REAL romantic interest from milly's side
and absolutly NO interest or even RECOGNITION of milly's interest from lelouch (who thinks that milly's just trying to screw with him again)

P.S
and we already have 2 bans within 72 hours of the forum being open

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Shirley was already dead by Turn 13. So she is not part of the discussion. This was the same situation with C.C. x Lelouch as well. If Lelouch x Kallen were in love with each other, then why did the producers had her locked up in a Britannian prison for at least 10 episodes? I would have been convinced of the outcome of a Kallen x Lelouch relationship if she was not captured for that entire time. Such a wasted development on Kallen's buildup. If the producers wanted to show a romantic development between Kallen x Lelouch, they should have allowed it by providing some strong interactions between them throughout the entire second season, rather than have her interacting with Nunnally at the Britannian holding cell.
kallen's capture was needed to allow some of the plotlines that followed it (sheirly's death,the geass massacre, and the steady crumbeling of trust within the OOBK would be hard to pull) and to give the guren the upgrade
but if ANYTHING lelouch's actions following her capture is possibly the BIGGEST indication of the relationship development
the guy who used to view her as little more then a pawn almost shits himself, and then sends his entire ARMY after her, even AFTER being told that doing so would damage his leadership position by showing favoratisem
its almost EXACTLY what he does for nunnaly in season 1, except that this time he has someone there to call him out on it, and he STILL does it
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 07:33   Link #72
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post



kallen's capture was needed to allow some of the plotlines that followed it (sheirly's death,the geass massacre, and the steady crumbeling of trust within the OOBK would be hard to pull) and to give the guren the upgrade
but if ANYTHING lelouch's actions following her capture is possibly the BIGGEST indication of the relationship development
the guy who used to view her as little more then a pawn almost shits himself, and then sends his entire ARMY after her, even AFTER being told that doing so would damage his leadership position by showing favoratisem
its almost EXACTLY what he does for nunnaly in season 1, except that this time he has someone there to call him out on it, and he STILL does it
True. There is clear differentiation in this moment, something that can be considered "OOC" for Lelouch {in relevance on how he usually acts, with the rest of his gang-team} and in the next episode, he does list Nunally and Kallen as his important "things" that Suzaku is trying to "take" away from him.
That is "interaction" in a way, just in-direct. Or a better word, would be realization. And it is Lelouch >>> Kallen, a balance the "couple" did need at that moment, i would say.

Last edited by incorrupts; 2009-06-15 at 07:47.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 08:01   Link #73
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
It's the first indication of what lelouch considers to be kallen value
Diethard puts the eqaution quite clearly, the CF or kallen
Lelouch's choice makes it quite clear which one he values more
And the OOBK power ranking in so 13 only makes it MORE clear that the choice was an emotional one rather then a logical one (kallen value as part of the OOBK doesn't justify such a risk)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 08:51   Link #74
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
It's the first indication of what lelouch considers to be kallen value
Diethard puts the eqaution quite clearly, the CF or kallen
Lelouch's choice makes it quite clear which one he values more
And the OOBK power ranking in so 13 only makes it MORE clear that the choice was an emotional one rather then a logical one (kallen value as part of the OOBK doesn't justify such a risk)

We all know that Lelouch wanted to save Kallen, cause he wanted to sing on her out loud {cause back in Turn 9, he sang it inside and did regret it} :
"Do do do you wanna be on top, Or on the Ba ba bottom don't make me stop
Cause I know oh oh I'm in la la love with you girl"
//you gotta love the Plain cuties, right? And yep Vlad {where are you? wry? |D} after the beatles song, we got that one too right now. 8)

Ok, on a more serious note {is there? 8D} there is distinguish-material on that scene, it is rather obvious, so case closed. We did exhausted that matter i believe. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 09:34   Link #75
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
eta: you guys, as much as equality would be nice and flower-ish, some things are not equal. and i think, they will never be.
-Betteroffer enters stage left in an elaborate Charles Zi Britannia outfit right down to the craaaazy hair-

All pairings...are not equal! Some involve near-asexual tsunderes and girls with huge tracts of land, some are with well-intentioned extremists and those with motherly dispositions! Still others are between egomaniacl bipolar narcissists with sociopathic tendencies and their masochistic heterosexual life partners, or even a bishounen and an adorable loli for good measure!

Yes by series, shippers, and orientation, each and every pairing is inherently different, and that is why people compete! Struggle! Ship! Debate! Analyze evidence! Brave the risk banning! All to see progress! The truth metted out! To enlighten others to canon that they simply can't see, but its there! It's totally there!!

What of those who encorage multiple partners?! Crowd pleasers! Cowards who would seek pacification over the 'truth!' The fools who deny romantic subplots?! Wretches who would deny an audience the joy of intriguing character development! All for the sake of "simplistic," or "linear" storytelling!!

BUT NO!! Not our [insert your ship here]!! We think! We study! We debate!! We justify! And that is why we hold the right to claim canon above all others!

All hail Shipping!!

ALL HAIL [Insert your ship here harder than you ever have before]!!!!


@Nobody: For some reason I was looking at the pictures of Lelouch, Kallen and Shirley, and imagining their responses to your idea based on those expressions.

Lelouch: You know, I am willing to consider this.

Kallen: W-w-what! No! I-I mean I...haven't prepared my heart for this...

Shirley: Awright!!
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 10:03   Link #76
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Flurking orsome
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 10:48   Link #77
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
-Betteroffer enters stage left in an elaborate Charles Zi Britannia outfit right down to the craaaazy hair-

All pairings...are not equal! Some involve near-asexual tsunderes and girls with huge tracts of land, some are with well-intentioned extremists and those with motherly dispositions! Still others are between egomaniacl bipolar narcissists with sociopathic tendencies and their masochistic heterosexual life partners, or even a bishounen and an adorable loli for good measure!

Yes by series, shippers, and orientation, each and every pairing is inherently different, and that is why people compete! Struggle! Ship! Debate! Analyze evidence! Brave the risk banning! All to see progress! The truth metted out! To enlighten others to canon that they simply can't see, but its there! It's totally there!!

What of those who encorage multiple partners?! Crowd pleasers! Cowards who would seek pacification over the 'truth!' The fools who deny romantic subplots?! Wretches who would deny an audience the joy of intriguing character development! All for the sake of "simplistic," or "linear" storytelling!!

BUT NO!! Not our [insert your ship here]!! We think! We study! We debate!! We justify! And that is why we hold the right to claim canon above all others!

All hail Shipping!!

ALL HAIL [Insert your ship here harder than you ever have before]!!!!
Pretty much the whole point, yep. 8D
The only thing people/ships/whatever are equal to, is death. Johan from Monster said so, the guy was genius knows better than us, but i got a feeling i will get off-topic if i go on about him. |D
But yeah, nothing is equal, every thing got its unique-ness.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
@Nobody: For some reason I was looking at the pictures of Lelouch, Kallen and Shirley, and imagining their responses to your idea based on those expressions.

Lelouch: You know, I am willing to consider this.

Kallen: W-w-what! No! I-I mean I...haven't prepared my heart for this...

Shirley: Awright!!
Haha, sounds about right.

Lelouch : This might actually work, with a bit of strict schedule. You are both flexible and have agility so i might actually need..

Kallen : dsjkfds, L-lelouch, d-do not make jokes like this!

Shirley : I am in, whatever Lulu decides, i am so in!
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 12:26   Link #78
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
eta: you guys, as much as equality would be nice and flower-ish, some things are not equal. and i think, they will never be.
So you're not onboard then? Ah, I'm a little disappointed, but can't say I'm surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
-Betteroffer enters stage left in an elaborate Charles Zi Britannia outfit right down to the craaaazy hair-

All pairings...are not equal! Some involve near-asexual tsunderes and girls with huge tracts of land, some are with well-intentioned extremists and those with motherly dispositions! Still others are between egomaniacl bipolar narcissists with sociopathic tendencies and their masochistic heterosexual life partners, or even a bishounen and an adorable loli for good measure!

Yes by series, shippers, and orientation, each and every pairing is inherently different, and that is why people compete! Struggle! Ship! Debate! Analyze evidence! Brave the risk banning! All to see progress! The truth metted out! To enlighten others to canon that they simply can't see, but its there! It's totally there!!

What of those who encorage multiple partners?! Crowd pleasers! Cowards who would seek pacification over the 'truth!' The fools who deny romantic subplots?! Wretches who would deny an audience the joy of intriguing character development! All for the sake of "simplistic," or "linear" storytelling!!

BUT NO!! Not our [insert your ship here]!! We think! We study! We debate!! We justify! And that is why we hold the right to claim canon above all others!

All hail Shipping!!

ALL HAIL [Insert your ship here harder than you ever have before]!!!!


@Nobody: For some reason I was looking at the pictures of Lelouch, Kallen and Shirley, and imagining their responses to your idea based on those expressions.

Lelouch: You know, I am willing to consider this.

Kallen: W-w-what! No! I-I mean I...haven't prepared my heart for this...

Shirley: Awright!!
Epic post, first of all. And second of all I do agree with you that not all ships are created equal. Every ship in every fandom in every anime is uniquely different and has their own characteristics. And one of these characteristics is the actual canonness of the pairings. There are canon pairings (Renton/Eureka) fanon/crack pairings (Naruto/Sasuke) and then there are those that are somewhere in between. I believe both Shirlulu and Kalulu qualify for the last one.

However, some people try to use evidence to raise Kalulu or Shirlulu on the canon meter and thus their ship the more legitimate one. But what I'm here to say is that the two pairings were so close, canon-wise, that any attempt at trying to distinguish one as more valid over the other would be a fruitless venture. The quantifiables are too abstract and the results not clear enough.

*sigh* I really should have done this a month ago when I was really "feeling" it.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 12:41   Link #79
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
you have to understand nobby
the whole POINT of shipping is claming that your ship is better/more canon then the other ships
without that claim or mind frame
you dont, in fact, HAVE a bloody ship
so trying to UNITE the ships, is trying to take out the entire POINT out of shipping
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 12:42   Link #80
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So you're not onboard then? Ah, I'm a little disappointed, but can't say I'm surprised.
What is that supposed to mean? I am not a member of any club anyway, stopped being one a long time ago. {apart from the one i got with twin} And i think i did "contribute" on the club, even if i did not know about that, but whatever, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
However, some people try to use evidence to raise Kalulu or Shirlulu on the canon meter and thus their ship the more legitimate one. But what I'm here to say is that the two pairings were so close, canon-wise, that any attempt at trying to distinguish one as more valid over the other would be a fruitless venture. The quantifiables are too abstract and the results not clear enough.

*sigh* I really should have done this a month ago when I was really "feeling" it.
You have to pay attention though, in the fact that Kallen and Lelouch got way more after-series material, than what Shirley and Lelouch got. {or C.CxLelouch} Kinda natural, Kallen was one of the main four charas afterall and in R2, her development was mostly towards him.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.