AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-20, 18:05   Link #41
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I have a question, I tried to install the plugin that comes with IRC and other stuff, but I get an error message when I start azureus, is like this:

"Can't read 'plugin.properties' for plugin 'org':file may be missing"
"Can't read 'plugin.properties' for plugin 'html':file may be missing"

I got the "azplugins_0.8.1.jar" file from azureus site, I uncompressed the files using WinRar in the plugins directory. I made sure it wasn't uncompressed in a /plugins/plugins directory but in just the /plugins directory

Please
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 18:32   Link #42
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I have a question, I tried to install the plugin that comes with IRC and other stuff, but I get an error message when I start azureus, is like this:

"Can't read 'plugin.properties' for plugin 'org':file may be missing"
"Can't read 'plugin.properties' for plugin 'html':file may be missing"

I got the "azplugins_0.8.1.jar" file from azureus site, I uncompressed the files using WinRar in the plugins directory. I made sure it wasn't uncompressed in a /plugins/plugins directory but in just the /plugins directory

Please
Create a folder called "azplugins" in the "plugins" folder and put the azplugins_0.8.1.jar (unpacked!) in that folder, so it should be something like Azureus\Plugins\Azplugins\Azplugins_0.8.1.jar.

Note that I got an error message whenever I open Azureus with 0.8.1 version, so you should consider using version 0.7.4 instead since that created no error message.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 21:06   Link #43
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Like I said I don't know much about routers but I read about forwarding the data to the local IP 127.0.0.1 and not the actual IP. While my common sense tells me that the latter method will work 100%, I find it a very tedious thing to do - if you have a dynamic IP. So, can anyone test port forwarding to the local IP or clear things up altogether?
The poster above you is correct.

Regarding NAT: what you need to find is your local area IP. It is usually in the form of 192.168.*.* for most home routers.

Regarding dynamic IPs: most routers will map a particular ethernet jack or MAC address to particular IP, depending on implementation. As long as you a) do not move your connection to the router around and/or b) do not switch network cards most will assign you the same IP over and over.

Some routers also allow you to manually allocate an IP to certain mac address.

but routing to port traffic 127.0.0.1 will most assuredly get you a yellow status light forever, unless your router happens to be running BT for you.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 02:10   Link #44
Green²
It's Magic

uPnP plugin

Spoiler:

Also be sure that the UPnP services within the router are enabled in order for the UPnP plugin to work.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 07:08   Link #45
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Spoiler:

Also be sure that the UPnP services within the router are enabled in order for the UPnP plugin to work.
I hope you don't mind if I quote you in the guide under the UPnP functions of Azureus, do you? It's a very nice addendum, thanks

Doppelganger, thanks for clarifying that. It's still tedious with a dynamic IP though
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-06-24, 13:51   Link #46
Green²
It's Magic

I don't mind.
And your guide rocks btw.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 14:01   Link #47
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
I don't mind.
And your guide rocks btw.
Glad to hear that ^_^ And hey, I already got 1 positive reputation, so considering that that guide got about 2.8k views 0,035% of the people who read the guide think the same

Old 2004-06-27, 15:16   Link #48
CNF666

Alright this is just plain embarrassing...but...should I go with Azureus2.1.0.2.jar or
Azureus_2.1.0.2_Win32.setup.exe? I use XP so I'm assumming I should go with the Win32.setup.exe. but just in case I thought I would post this question
Thanx.
CNF666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 15:39   Link #49
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNF666
Alright this is just plain embarrassing...but...should I go with Azureus2.1.0.2.jar or
Azureus_2.1.0.2_Win32.setup.exe? I use XP so I'm assumming I should go with the Win32.setup.exe. but just in case I thought I would post this question
Thanx.
Use the Azureus_2.1.0.2_Win32.setup.exe for a complete installation of Azureus. If you already have installed Azureus however, download Azureus2.1.0.2.jar, rename it to Azureus2.jar and put it in your Azureus folder. (Overwrite the file)

Old 2004-06-27, 17:57   Link #50
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Quote:
I hope you don't mind if I quote you in the guide under the UPnP functions of Azureus, do you? It's a very nice addendum, thanks

Doppelganger, thanks for clarifying that. It's still tedious with a dynamic IP though
Ah, but while they are assigned "dynamically" (eg by dhcp) they aren't totally random: in general, most routers will assign an IP to a specific port. If you don't mess with the physical cords and stuff, I have always drawn the same IP. To make this even more robust I have used the map MAC<->IP feature in my router, although it's not available in all routers.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 15:20   Link #51
stellar

Hi Sin,

I just wanted to say this is a brilliant FAQ =) and you sold me onto Azureus.
I've been using BT original 3.2.1 for ages (heh i can hear everyone laughing).
you know how it is, if it aint broke, dont fix it... but im glad i tried this out.

Sure there's lots of tweaking to do and im still stumbling around some port issues.
but you've made things simple. I just had to register and write you this..hehe

so.. thanks very much!
stellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 15:25   Link #52
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar
Hi Sin,

I just wanted to say this is a brilliant FAQ =) and you sold me onto Azureus.
I've been using BT original 3.2.1 for ages (heh i can hear everyone laughing).
you know how it is, if it aint broke, dont fix it... but im glad i tried this out.

Sure there's lots of tweaking to do and im still stumbling around some port issues.
but you've made things simple. I just had to register and write you this..hehe

so.. thanks very much!
Thanks alot for the kind words!

If you still have unanswered question don't hesitate to ask them here.

Old 2004-06-28, 19:37   Link #53
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Ok, two questions:
1) For some reason, i occasionally get an error message on my computer that makes me lose my internet connection whenever i close my Azurues. what can i do to solve this problem?

2) Whenever i try and play a video file while my Azurues client is in use, i get only sound and no picture. Why is that?
Old 2004-06-28, 20:00   Link #54
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
Ok, two questions:
1) For some reason, i occasionally get an error message on my computer that makes me lose my internet connection whenever i close my Azurues. what can i do to solve this problem?
Thats news to me. On which occasions does that happen, i.e. does that always happen when you are connected to a lot of peers and then close Azureus down?
Which programs are you running as well (i.e. ZoneAlarm)? Provide as much as info as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
2) Whenever i try and play a video file while my Azurues client is in use, i get only sound and no picture. Why is that?
What are your system specs? It could be that your PC is too slow to operate Azureus and playing back a file at once (although the images would lag behind instead of being not there at all, but one never knows).
Possible solutions: Install the newest ffd-show codec but make sure to uninstall all your previous codecs first. Optionally, download Media Player Classic and try to playback the files with that player as it uses less resources as - let's say - the Windows Media Player series. You can get all necessary files from here.

Old 2004-07-03, 09:53   Link #55
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
ok a couple of questions:

1- in the queue i put max 2 downloads and max 2 active torrents, why is azureus uploading (seeding) 3 completed torrents? (note: one of them is an upgrade zip)

2- can i configure azureus to stop seeding when i reach an upload/download ratio of 2?

edit: since nobody replied to my msg yet might as well add another question

3- how can i remove a completed torrent?

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-07-03 at 13:56.
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 04:59   Link #56
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
ok a couple of questions:

1- in the queue i put max 2 downloads and max 2 active torrents, why is azureus uploading (seeding) 3 completed torrents? (note: one of them is an upgrade zip)
Could you provide a little more info on this one like: The download/upload speed* and the share ratio** of the torrents in question.

*If your download/upload speed drops under a given speed (512B/s) it will count as if it did not use a slot.
Configurable in Configuration:Queue

**Azureus has a First Priority option that can override your Queue configurations in some cases. I'll just quote what it says because it's understandable enough :
First Priority torrents will always be on the top of the queue. Any torrents matching the First Priority criteria will not be automatically stopped and queued. A torrent matching First Priority will take a Simultaneous Download slot if it needs to.
All files with a share ratio below 0.5 (1:2) are First Priority by default.
Configurable in Configuration:Queue:Seeding:First Priority

Quote:
2- can i configure azureus to stop seeding when i reach an upload/download ratio of 2?
Honestly I don't know of any option that would make this possible because I stop seedings manually (People who know of such an option, please reply ). Nonetheless, I'm a creative guy and came up with some workarounds (Note that I did not test the workarounds at all, neither are they perfect workarounds):

EDIT: I had two workarounds in mind but the second one was to complicated and had a big flaw ^_^'' EDIT end

Workaround 1:
Cycling
If you just want to cycle through the files you are seeding whenever they reach a share ratio of 2:1, do the following:

In Configuration:Queue:Seeding:Ignore Rules
Ignore torrents that have a share ratio of 2.0 :1

(Variables in bold)

If you did that, all files that are you are seeding with a share ratio of 2:1 will be moved to the bottom of the seeding queue and consequently paused if there are other files that need seeding to get to a share ratio of 2:1. Obviously, this does not work if you have only two files in the seeding queue.

Requirements: More than 2 files in the seeding queue

Quote:
edit: since nobody replied to my msg yet might as well add another question
Sorry

Quote:
3- how can i remove a completed torrent?
That depends on what you mean with "remove".
There are 4 different ways to remove a completed torrent:
Note: You will have to stop the torrent before you can remove them.
(See Screenshot8 for visualisation)

Spoiler for Screenshot8: Removing (completed) files:

1. Remove (The x button) will remove the file from Azureus Seeding Queue or Download Queue respectively but will not touch the downloaded data or the .torrent file. Use this option to remove completed files only because it will not delete the pre-allocated files in your Temp folder nor will it remove the .torrent file - you will have to do this manually.
2. Remove and
a) Delete .torrent: Removes the file from Azureus Seeding Queue or Download Queue respectively. Additionally deletes the respective .torrent file.
(I do not see any use in this one )
b) Delete Data; the file from Azureus Seeding Queue or Download Queue respectively. Additionally deletes the data.
Mostly used when you want to free space from your HDD but plan to download the file at a later time from the scratch.
c) Delete Both: the file from Azureus Seeding Queue or Download Queue respectively. Additionally deletes both the .torrent and data file.
Used when you plan to never download the file again.

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-07-04 at 06:57. Reason: Azureus > BitTornado
Old 2004-07-04, 06:31   Link #57
whatever123

Quote:
Could you provide a little more info on this one like: The download/upload speed* and the share ratio** of the torrents in question.

*If your download/upload speed drops under a given speed (512B/s) it will count as if it did not use a slot. Configurable in Configuration:Queue

**Azureus has a Firs Priority option that can override your Queue configurations if needed. I'll just quote what it says because it's understandable enough :
First Priority torrents will always be on the top of the queue. Any torrents matching the First Priority criteria will not be automatically stopped and queued. A torrent matching First Priority will take a Simultaneous Download slot if it needs to.

Configurable in Configuration:Queue:Seeding:First Priority

I will answer the questions in 10-20 mins because my father wants to browse theinternet for a bit.
thanx for replying

first of all my download speed is 512 kbps and my upload speed is 128 kbps, and the share ratio was less than 0.5, also i haven't changed the queue configuration for the 2 "don't count torrent...etc"

as per the second question i meant automatic

and forget the third question

BTW you do realize that the guy from your sig isn't me
Old 2004-07-04, 07:02   Link #58
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
thanx for replying

first of all my download speed is 512 kbps and my upload speed is 128 kbps, and the share ratio was less than 0.5, also i haven't changed the queue configuration for the 2 "don't count torrent...etc"
It's clear now: The file with the share ration under 0.5 took a download slot to upload. That's why you have 3 files in seeding.
Oh and since you posted your upload, I can tell you that your maximum upload should be 13KB/s (but I guess you already knew that ^_^)

Quote:
and forget the third question
Too late, I just edited the post above

Quote:
BTW you do realize that the guy from your sig isn't me
Yup, I know

Old 2004-07-04, 12:41   Link #59
whatever123

Quote:
It's clear now: The file with the share ration under 0.5 took a download slot to upload. That's why you have 3 files in seeding.
Oh and since you posted your upload, I can tell you that your maximum upload should be 13KB/s (but I guess you already knew that ^_^)

Too late, I just edited the post above

Yup, I know
just read the reply and it works just fine now

thanx a lot
Old 2004-07-05, 23:15   Link #60
guest18
my mother !!!

like shareaza ,after few minutes of download
I cant use the internet already

everysingle page wont load ,any remedy ?
guest18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate