AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 35 47.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 14.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-15, 09:10   Link #121
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
I actually caught those trucks passing by since they were there for a really brief moment, but you know.... do they really expect everyone to blow up and clarify that shot with a graphic editor just to discover that it does indeed say what it says it says? Even without outright finger pointed, the fact that Juiz was somehow spirited away by XII and that there was something massive being moved at the same time makes a connection.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 13:54   Link #122
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
That was a pretty bold move from Mononobe. Trying to win the game by taking over Juiz. that is why Mononobe didn't use Juiz to take out pantsu. He was doing things outside of the radar.
I wonder how did XII find out his plan.
golthin is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 13:56   Link #123
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Easy, Mononobe has been trying to get control over ATO-Harima industries since a long time.

That reminds me... who is Harima?
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now  
Old 2009-06-15, 15:19   Link #124
Haak
CAKE!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Harima is that delinquent in School Rumble that has a crush Tenma.
Haak is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 15:30   Link #125
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Yeah I admit I also thought about him XD, but certainly this must be another Harima :/
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now  
Old 2009-06-15, 19:13   Link #126
fish eric
like to talk to fish?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yeah I admit I also thought about him XD, but certainly this must be another Harima :/
Yea, you'd think that but no it really is him.
fish eric is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 19:29   Link #127
drobertbaker
Major Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Land of Enchantment
That would certainly be an unexpected twist! And Johnny is really Hanai?
__________________
no puran no aidia
drobertbaker is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 19:38   Link #128
fish eric
like to talk to fish?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
That would certainly be an unexpected twist! And Johnny is really Hanai?
haha



I watched the episode again today. I noticed that while Juiz was being moved number 2 stayed in the Juiz room while #10 was in the lobby. If it was moved he would have noticed.

#2 must have a connection to #12. And I bet they both know pre memory wipe takizawa.

Number 2 didn't seem the least bit surprised by the empty bottle of champagne. Then again he didn't seem surprised about anything. Maybe he was trying to down play his role.
fish eric is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 21:16   Link #129
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I actually caught those trucks passing by since they were there for a really brief moment, but you know.... do they really expect everyone to blow up and clarify that shot with a graphic editor just to discover that it does indeed say what it says it says? Even without outright finger pointed, the fact that Juiz was somehow spirited away by XII and that there was something massive being moved at the same time makes a connection.
i think they didnt mean us to find out that way...
maybe the director intend to let us wondering where did Juiz been move to?


and then at the last episode, they'll put a flash back on eps 10 and zoom in on the truck.
then we'll know, "Hey, it's that truck that Akira saw on eps 10..."
Azuma Denton is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 21:34   Link #130
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I actually caught those trucks passing by since they were there for a really brief moment, but you know.... do they really expect everyone to blow up and clarify that shot with a graphic editor just to discover that it does indeed say what it says it says? Even without outright finger pointed, the fact that Juiz was somehow spirited away by XII and that there was something massive being moved at the same time makes a connection.
Wait, you mean the "proof" drobertbaker posted? Because if you do I'm pretty sure that was a joke and the truck's license plate doesn't actually say "Juiz is here."
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 22:07   Link #131
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Ha ha ha seriously? That image edit was that bad that I thought there was no doubt about it

What is actually shown is just a vehicle license plate, nothing more than that ;
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now  
Old 2009-06-15, 22:43   Link #132
taco
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
In a huge chain of completely unexpected events, do you think Akira will actually be the bad guy in the movie?
taco is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 23:23   Link #133
kuroSaki_Ichi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 23
Kk there is still something I don't get about Saki crying and saying she betrayed Akira.

How is thinking that Careless Monday was a good thing betryaing Akira? Cause Akira was trying to stop it?
kuroSaki_Ichi is offline  
Old 2009-06-15, 23:33   Link #134
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Since we don't know how exactly Akira was betrayed it is difficult to answer.

Anyway it is certain that Akira prevented a mass murder by evacuating the zones that were hit by the missiles, and considering what Saki said, it is assumed that Akira got betrayed by the people he saved because they themselves hoped for a tragedy to happen.

So not only Akira wasn't acknowledged for being a savior he was even criticized. Or so it seems... However I think there must be something even greater.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now  
Old 2009-06-16, 03:01   Link #135
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroSaki_Ichi View Post
Kk there is still something I don't get about Saki crying and saying she betrayed Akira.

How is thinking that Careless Monday was a good thing betryaing Akira? Cause Akira was trying to stop it?
Yep, it might seem silly to us, but that is how Saki thinks.
golthin is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 18:07   Link #136
fish eric
like to talk to fish?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
everyone thinks that a tragedy would be good. That it would shock their society into giving up their trivial pursuits of make-up and which actor and actress are dating. What the score of a sports team was, political spinsters.

If my state, California, was bombed by nukes who would give a fuck about brad pitt and angelina jole?! Your concern about "oh I need new shoes. These ones are last season" become "how can I protect my family against bandits?". Watching American Idol (or english or australian or where ever it is that you come from) in the evening to kill time becomes making sure you get to shelter before nightfall.


Okay maybe I'm being overly dramatic. But look at New York City. I think it was the summer of 1999. Two years before 9/11. Because of excessive draw during the hottest day of the summer there was a black out. What did the people do? They robbed and vandalised their own neighborhood. Their own communities. Two years later they had another summertime power outage. But this time there were no mobs. Your neighbors weren't robbing the convenience store. They knocked on your door to make sure you were alright. Did you have any candles? They had extra. They took care of eachother.


Having a large scale disaster that rocks the very foundation of your community or even society. 30% of the Japanese population live in or around Tokyo. After 60 missiles hit Tokyo the city and people would never be the same.

When you come close to losing you life or have a close friend/family die you find that your priorities in life are all wrong.




So my point is that all these people want something like this to happen cause they want the society to be changed for the better. But people have to die. Ask those same people to volunteer to be among the slaughtered.



Does anyone else have any opinions on this? In the show they were talking about going to the post war era. What caused the post war era? 2 nuclear bombs.

Sorry I was up all night and I can't really think straight. I don't even know if the about writing makes any sense.
fish eric is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 18:59   Link #137
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
No it makes sense, and you raise a good point. No. I and X's plan probably would have the desired effect. The question is, is that worth the lives that would be lost? Can you save the country without resorting to such means?

You get a pretty similar moral question in Watchmen and season 1 of Heroes, and I'm sure it's been raised in many other works as well.
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 20:07   Link #138
fish eric
like to talk to fish?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
No it makes sense, and you raise a good point. No. I and X's plan probably would have the desired effect. The question is, is that worth the lives that would be lost? Can you save the country without resorting to such means?

You get a pretty similar moral question in Watchmen and season 1 of Heroes, and I'm sure it's been raised in many other works as well.

I've read Watchmen, but I havnt seen heroes. In what ways in the Hereos' moral dilemma and EOE's alike?


And like I said people like that will say yeah, lets just kill half the population and start over, just as long as it isn't their neck on the line.

I really do sympathize with their goal. However genocide is never a justified means to an ends... Unless its Canadians. Oh how I hate Canadians


Spoiler for Canadians:
fish eric is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 20:37   Link #139
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Heroes' dilemma was pretty much Watchmen's (I get the feeling they were a bit more than inspired by said graphic novel) except - spoiler - they prevent it from happening. And it didn't involve a biologically engineered freak of nature. But the whole blowing up New York thing, in order to bring about solidarity and unity and rebuilding and progress among the people of the nation (well in Watchmen it was the whole world)? Yeah, pretty much the same idea.

And what's going on here in Eden is basically the same idea, except replace New York with Tokyo and replace the nuclear man/psychic monster with Tomahawk missiles.

I'm not sure genocide is quite the right word here (they're just aiming for the parts of Tokyo that would have the most dramatic effect, not targeting a race or social class or anything) but as for mass murder as a means to an ends... all comes down, I suppose, to your own cynicism and the cynicism of the writers. Is the human race so beyond hope that it cannot be saved through peaceful means? Alan Moore seemed to think so... or perhaps not. But that would be getting into an analysis of Watchmen.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if by killing, say, 1% of the population, everyone else's lives could be made 200% better? What if it was an even bigger margin? If killing one (average, innocent) person would make life much better for everyone else in the world, would you do it (or condone it)? What about two people? Ten? It's kinda a tricky question and it's why I don't like taking sides on these sort of ethical issues because looking at it from both sides, there's never really an easy answer.
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 22:49   Link #140
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
It only gives the impression of provoking a good result in practical term it doesn't.

To take the fish eric example. Before 11/9 certainly the people in new york weren't that united, but can you say that if it wasn't for that more than 2000 people would have been killed? That's highly improbable. So unless you think there's a worse crime than murder as a matter of fact there is no real gain.
There is also to take in acount the time of effect. Such events really have the power to cause a shock, but how long such effect can last? I think it's very optimistic to think it would last more than 5 years. Humans are very forgetful beings.

In the case of Higashi no Eden, as much as they are dissatisfied with their current society, they completely fail to notice how the murder rate in Japan is one of the lowest worlwide. So they want to fix that by causing a mass murder themselves. Clearly their priority scale is completely fucked up. There's only a word to describe what drives number X and I actions: Totally blind selfrighteusness. They judge so harshly the Japan they live in, they don't get how much greater is the corruption in their own hearts for wanting to destroy that many human lives for an outcome that is bound to be very short lived.
__________________

Jan-Poo is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.